New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Wait...you were prepared, eaten, digested, and then excreted? But then how.....?

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

RECRUITMENT THREAD FOR VAMPIRE V: PARIS BY NIGHT IS NOW OPEN!

Am looking for 40+ players ideally, but can run with less.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

3. - Top - End - #1383

I'm going to be away(With possibly some sparodic internet) from the 11th to probably somewhere around the 16th. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Troll in the Playground

Hello. I've submitted my Top Secret Game, and would appreciate it if a nice Mod would come along and approve of it. Thank you.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Hello. I've submitted my Top Secret Game, and would appreciate it if a nice Mod would come along and approve of it. Thank you.
    Done.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the secret's out. My Little Pony: Return of Nightmare Moon is recruiting.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Bootleggers has started!

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady T
    Bootleggers has started!
    Speaking of which, can I have a list of the players and their roles please?
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2011-08-10 at 08:23 PM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    Speaking of which, can I have a list of the players and their roles please?
    Yeah, me too!

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Yeah, me too!
    Under two conditions: 1. Be a Seer, 2. Use your ability....alot.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll porbably be running a Call of Duty: Zombies WW in which Team Villager consists of unfortunate zombies who are preyed upon by the cruel survivors (Team Werewolf) who can't stand the peculiarities of zombies and believe in silly concepts like keeping their brains to themselves.

I've been coming up with rules, I'll post them when I'm done with the first draft.

I can't decide wether I want the game to have roughly equal numbers of zombies and survivors, or if I want there to be lots of zombies and only a few survivors, as is the case in most WW games.
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-08-11 at 07:54 AM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

*Banjo fully approves of a return of zombies to WW, and would like to pre-emptively sign up*

Look forward to seeing the rules. The proportion of survivors to zombies is obviously really important, because that will shape all the other rules of the game. If the sides are closer to equal than a normal WW you have a lot of things to consider:

- The survivors/wolves need a different victory condition to the norm, as they're close to equalling the zombies/villagers numbers already.

- The survivors/wolves would probably need to start the game blind, to stop them having lynch control right from the off.

- The zombies/villagers would need some pretty snazzy abilities to allow them to deal with a larger number of survivors/wolves.

Just a few initial things to consider I guess. If you want anyone to bounce ideas off of then I'd be happy to help. I love zombies, even if I hate Call of Duty.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Dwarf in the Playground

My internet is working normally again, so I'm back up to complete capacity.
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

14. - Top - End - #1394

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    RECRUITMENT THREAD FOR VAMPIRE V: PARIS BY NIGHT IS NOW OPEN!

Am looking for 40+ players ideally, but can run with less.
    UPDATE: We're up to 30 players - the game can run, but I'd need to cut 5 power roles to keep things equitable. It has enough blood, but it would be a somewhat anemic vampire. Wouldn't you prefer a more robust and hearty specimen?

Then come sign up, and know that you can make a difference in making this the full Vampire experience you've grown to love and shudder at.
    (HyperLink* is in the quote above)

* (No, this isn't a little boy on caffiene) **

** (Probably.) ***

*** (Unless nobody else signs up.) ****

**** (In which case, all bets are off...)

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Pixie in the Playground

New idea for a Discworld-themed WW. Rather than sides, there are guilds - Wizards get a scry, Alchemists get a bane, Assassins get the night kill, and so on.

Watcha think?

Generation 5
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.
    Degeneration 91
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyberwolf View Post
    New idea for a Discworld-themed WW. Rather than sides, there are guilds - Wizards get a scry, Alchemists get a bane, Assassins get the night kill, and so on.

Watcha think?
    Sounds good.
    Despite everything, its still me.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Pixie in the Playground

I think all the guilds would be trying to outnumber everyone else. Yes, that would work.

Generation 5
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.
    Degeneration 91

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Firbolg in the Playground

Watcha think?
    Nitpick: Wizards aren't a guild, because they are above such things (At least, that's probably what they'd say if you asked them).

Also, I'm really not sure how the dynamics of that would work out. Someone better at balancing games can probably analyse it and pick out if there are problems, which I kind of suspect there are.

Also also, why do Alchemists get a bane?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah.

i think it will be like 3 are chosen to make their own guild fitting the theme, then they send it to the narrarators with their propoganda to convince people to join them. (by PMs to narrarators.)

then it starts as normal werewolf. guilds pick thire special ability (kill, rob, leech, whatever).

the players know whose in the guild.

but you need more people to be chosen as guildless so they would act as normal villagers, to prevent it from being chaos to somthing orgenized.
    Despite everything, its still me.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

Watcha think?
    I don't think it'd work, unless the are more power roles with different powers from the guild power. Otherwise some guilds would be much stronger then others.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    I don't think it'd work, unless the are more power roles with different powers from the guild power. Otherwise some guilds would be much stronger then others.
    It might work if the guild got the power instead of the individuals, but yeah, Wizards or Assassins would win pretty often.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Pixie in the Playground

Alchemists get the bane because they blow things up so much, so they have to have protection.
    I wasn't planning on letting anyone know anyone else in their guild.
    Feel free to edit the design. It was just a suggestion, really.

TEAMS SO FAR:
    Unseen University
    Guild of Assassins
    Alchemist's Guild

Generation 5
    Degeneration 91

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Pixie in the Playground

I wasn't planning on letting anyone know anyone else in their guild.
    I think that's overwhelmingly in favor of the Scriers.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

I've started writing up rules for my COD: Zombies Werewolf.

Terrible, terrible rules, but I gotta start somewhere.

I'd appreciate a review/criticism of my rules once I post them up.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Pixie in the Playground

In that case, let's change the Wizards' power to... day-bane? I dunno. You choose.

Generation 5
    Degeneration 91

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

How do these rules sound for an "Infector" role: George A. Romero

The father of all zombies, George A. Romero is a terrible avatar of undeath. He stalks the survivors, gathering reanimated followers as he goes along. He will stop at nothing to kill the survivors. Every night phases, he and the other zombies select a player to be devoured during the night. Additionally, every night, he can instead choose a player to infect with a 1/3 chance of success. If successful, that player turns into a zombie. The zombie has a 1/3 chance of becoming a regular zombies with no abilities, a 1/3 chance of becoming a random Special Zombie and a 1/3 chance of becoming a Special Zombie of George’s choosing.

If George is killed, his power passes to a random zombie two nights later, who loses all other powers. Non-special zombies are more likely to gain George’s powers. While George is dead, other zombies decide who is to be killed, but no recruitment attempts can be made.

George scries as an Actor.
    Also, how many followers with and without powers would George start with? Should he chose these? Should he chose what special roles they are assigned?
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-08-16 at 08:25 AM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1407

Couple of updates : We're at 37 players. I'd like 3 more and will take as many as are willing to sign up. Currently game will run with two special roles removed; one more player means I only axe one special role. Three or more extra players means the game goes forward with every role included.

Also, RabbitHoleLost has volunteered to co-narrate, and I have accepted.

Recruitment thread continues to be here.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

Similarly my game could use about 5 more players. There's a link to the game in my signature.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Couple of updates : We're at 37 players. I'd like 3 more and will take as many as are willing to sign up. Currently game will run with two special roles removed; one more player means I only axe one special role. Three or more extra players means the game goes forward with every role included.

Also, RabbitHoleLost has volunteered to co-narrate, and I have accepted.

Recruitment thread continues to be here.
    As far as I can see, Helgraf is guaranteeing you a power role if you sign up. You should all sign up ASAP to get it.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    As far as I can see, Helgraf is guaranteeing you a power role if you sign up. You should all sign up ASAP to get it.
    That means if I unsign up, then resign up after the next person comes in, I can get a power role, right?