New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default The Forest of Creation

As the caravan moved away, the trade post start's to disappear on the horizon. After 30 minutes or so the grasslands are the only thing you can see, (asides from the road, which by the way is not quite thick).
    you follow on through the grasslands, but as the sky gets darker, more trees start apearing to the sides of the
    The day pases away and the men in the caravan start to settel down, as twilight conquers the land.
    now the question is, why are you with a caravan?
    Last edited by Slayed_Prophet; 2010-09-23 at 09:46 PM. Reason: adding things
    Welcome my son, Welcome to the machine!
    "Laws ussualy get in the way of Justice" Jaidee, the Tiger of Bankok, The Windup Girl

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: The Forest of Creation

Stroland Highpitch

"Alright then. Hikin' Boots? Check.
    Trail Rations? Check.
    Company of Associates? Check.
    Fame-Worthy Story? ...Dang."
    Stroland lumbers on with the caravan, constantly scanning the horizon for any sort of inspiration, or event to drive the next story to make him famous. Things didn't look promising, but it had to improve over the current situation of walking behind a horse, with full view of its bum.
    --Killin' 'em softly with bard songs

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rurik has a chuckle at Stroland's predicament and says,"Now you know how I feel, having be eye-level with the hindquarters of you big-folk all day. And don't you worry about fame and glory, the best such stories are the ones that fall upon your shoulders unexpectedly."
    Last edited by Daisuke1133; 2010-09-24 at 06:58 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Arlan strolls alongside the caravan, whistling tuneless, and forever looking left and right at the various trees, mosses and other flora and fauna in the forest. He overhears Rurik and Stroland talking and smiles roguishly, "I know a few stories...." he begins, then winks at them both, "...most of which aren't very polite!" he finishes as he re-starts his whistling.
    Avatar(that seems to have disappeared) by Darwin

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aristeides sits quietly in the corner of the caravan. Having spent much of the ride in silence, he finally turns around and addresses the others.

"Stories...I am curious. What are your stories?"
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

"Absolutely, regail us! Seems like we've got nothing but time, as it is."
    --Killin' 'em softly with bard songs

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

The gnome grins, then settles into a comfortable pace as he tells a story. "There were these two farmers, and they both had fields close to each other seperated by a farm track. One day one of the farmers was working in his field when he saw a cart get stuck in the mud of the farm track. Because the track wasn't part of his land, he did nothing, but he wasn't worried, because the other farmer was also in his field, and as soon as he saw the cart get stuck he came running. The carter asked the farmer for help, the farmer said, 'I'll help, but it'll cost ye 50 gold.' The carter reluctantly agreed, knowing there was no other way to get out of the mud."

Arlan, flexed his fingers as he continued, "A few hours later another cart came past, and once again got stuck in the mud, the farmer came over and again charged the carter 50 gold to help him get the cart out of the mud. This happened another five times that day, and at the end of the day, the farmer that had watched on asked the other farmer, a question, 'If you're helping get carts out of the mud all day, you must have to do all your farming at night?'
    The other farmer looked at him and said, 'Don't be silly! At night I have to pour more water into the mud-hole to get it ready for the morning.'"

The gnome grins happily at his own story and saunters on down the road.
    Avatar(that seems to have disappeared) by Darwin