New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Witchunt V1.0 Game 2 (WW Variant) RECRUITING!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitaro View Post
    ****it, I'm the traveller. You guys are huge jerks
    That changes my vote, though...

Time for my original target: Gray Mage.

Not much time to think... just got up from a twelve hour snooze... I just think that the set of posts I highlighted earlier strikes me as confused witch...
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    They do? I didn't find this in the GA part in the first post.
    That was the case last game, so I assume it will be in this game. The GAs are informed of who the Priest is, and who he checks each Night. Milski, confirmation?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

So, we're at this:

-------------------------
    Post reference link
    Sotek's unofficial vote tally! Please remember to specify your votes in red.
    21 people alive, so 11 is a majority, and 11 is a deadlock.
    {table=head]Player|Votes|Voting
    Sotek|2|bruntonspall, Recaiden
    Aemoh|8|Horoar, Istari, Hitaro, Orzel, Gray Mage, Sotek, Ghanz Nmi, Murska, LYNCH MINUS THREE
    Hitaro|5|SHAZAM, metlink, Tydude, Duneyrr, Wheat
    Orzel|1|Aemoh
    Gray Mage|3|Mannicath, Internet Flea, Eternal Drifter
    [/table]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Pixie in the Playground

So we should let two role-claim, and then kill one of the two? Or a third person? Also, not every claim will be true.
    That's what I was thinking; we get two, maybe three claims and then kill the one that's most suspicious.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    That's what I was thinking; we get two, maybe three claims and then kill the one that's most suspicious.
    I was about to say we should not put any hard numbers on it, then I realized that actually I am OK with this plan for this day of this game, even with hard numbers.

So, yeah, let's do that.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm, well it's been an interesting 24 hours or so.

Sorry I've been fairly absent, I had to drive down to a freinds wedding in rural hampshire, and there wasn't a good enough signal to post, just to read a few posts. I had to drive back today with a vomiting child and wife, so it has been an unpleasant day.

I early posted at Sotek because I knew I'd be away, and figured that nobody was likely to hit the Hammer till I got back and had a chance to remove my vote if I didn't agree.

Reading the days events, I found Wheat's vote for Hitaro very suspicious. It would only have taken 1 other person doing the same thing to lynch Hitaro accidently, that's why everybody was crystal clear about lynch -3 and lynch -2. the vote came 4 hours after Drifters vote to bring Hitaro to lynch-2, and there was an updated table with the status posted in the meantime.

I'm curious about Rakkoon not having posted yet, could just be away, or could be lying low (although totally not posting isn't lying low, it's standing out).

Personally I feel that Hitaro's claim is probably valid, or worth trusting. He seemed miffed that he had to claim, and I'm not sure that I would have thought to disguise my claim in such a way as you lot suggested, so I think it's believable. Could be wrong though.

This bothered me though:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Drifter View Post
    Shall we begin roleplay?

Seems like this village was starting a witchunt, and that three were gathering attention. Someone named Gray Mage... Recaiden... and some guy named Hitaro... it would be best to get rid of all three, just to be safe.
    At that point, the people up for potential elimination (on basis of Recaiden's post 212 summary) was Hitaro(8), Aemoh(3), Sotek(3), Gray Mage(1), Orzel(1). It seems strange to therefore pick on Gray Mage and Recaiden rather than Aemoh and Sotek. Of course this was all just roleplay (hence leaving that in, let's not forget context), so it just nags at me, and I'd love a response from Drifter on this.

Other than that, I've not got a very good grasp yet on the feel of the playing group. Being newish to this, I've not got a feeling for how people normally play, so this is all just shot in the dark.

On the basis of all of that, I'm going to go for Wheat, since he's been very quiet, and quiet doesn't help us. (Also I can't vote on the Aemoh wagon without hitting lynch-2, and on the basis above of Drifter potentially protecting him, and Him and Orzel being very quiet and only pointing at each other, I'm suspicious of them all!)

7. - Top - End - #307
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bruntonspall View Post
    I early posted at Sotek because I knew I'd be away, and figured that nobody was likely to hit the Hammer till I got back and had a chance to remove my vote if I didn't agree.
    Yeah, I didn't see anything suspicious in that.

Personally I feel that Hitaro's claim is probably valid, or worth trusting. He seemed miffed that he had to claim, and I'm not sure that I would have thought to disguise my claim in such a way as you lot suggested, so I think it's believable. Could be wrong though.
    Well I know he was around for a bit after his last post last night, then posted today - which means he had time to get advice from Coven and such, if he's witch. I also know he has played in past games where such claim-disguises have been suggested/discussed/etc, so I can't rule it out at all.

He could be telling the truth, though, I guess. But remember, witches are smarter than us - they can talk!

At that point, the people up for potential elimination (on basis of Recaiden's post 212 summary) was Hitaro(8), Aemoh(3), Sotek(3), Gray Mage(1), Orzel(1). It seems strange to therefore pick on Gray Mage and Recaiden rather than Aemoh and Sotek. Of course this was all just roleplay (hence leaving that in, let's not forget context), so it just nags at me, and I'd love a response from Drifter on this.
    Well, I'd pressured towards Recaiden a little bit, and I know there's no specific reason for him to leave me out, so that looks a little less suspicious to me than it probably does to you, but yeah, looking at that does not make me happy. Hmmm.

On the basis of all of that, I'm going to go for Wheat, since he's been very quiet, and quiet doesn't help us. (Also I can't vote on the Aemoh wagon without hitting lynch-2, and on the basis above of Drifter potentially protecting him, and Him and Orzel being very quiet and only pointing at each other, I'm suspicious of them all!)
    Reasonable, I wouldn't mind seeing some words out of Wheat at any rate.

Post reference link
    Sotek|1|Recaiden
    Aemoh|8|Horoar, Istari, Hitaro, Orzel, Gray Mage, Sotek, Ghanz Nmi, Murska, LYNCH MINUS THREE
    Orzel|1|Aemoh
    Wheat|1|bruntonspall
    [/table]

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

I know rakkoon plays from work, so his not posting during the weekend seems reasonable.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Banned

I know rakkoon plays from work, so his not posting during the weekend seems reasonable.
    However, he should have alerted me of this beforehand, because this game requires a high activity level.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

VA_Beds is also MIA, right?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since I said I don't think Hitaro is scum anyways, I'll change my vote from Hitaro to Wheat.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

12. - Top - End - #312
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Yeah, last game he made an average of slightly less than one post a day, so ... ugh.

Post reference link
    Sotek|1|Recaiden
    Orzel|1|Aemoh
    Wheat|2|bruntonspall, Tydude
    [/table]

13. - Top - End - #313
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Sotek|1|Recaiden
    Orzel|1|Aemoh
    [/table]
    Wrong, you forgot to take Tydude off of Hitaro when you put him on Wheat.

Sotek|1|Recaiden
    Hitaro|4|SHAZAM, metlink, Duneyrr, Wheat
    Orzel|1|Aemoh
    [/table]

14. - Top - End - #314
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Oops, yeah. I even recorded him in my notes as having switched, dumb me.

Fixed for next posting.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

No problem, now since it's after midnight here, and I've had a crappy day, I'm going to bed. Try not to lynch anyone while I'm asleep

16. - Top - End - #316
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bruntonspall View Post
    Sorry I've been fairly absent, I had to drive down to a freinds wedding in rural hampshire, and there wasn't a good enough signal to post, just to read a few posts. I had to drive back today with a vomiting child and wife, so it has been an unpleasant day.
    I had to take care of two children thrice in my whole life. I found it very difficult, but a very good learning experience. You have my full empathy and understanding. On behalf of the team of players, we hope your child feels better!

[Subject of Wheat's vote]
    Yes, it worries me too now that it comes to mind. Perhaps Wheat knows something that we don't or is being coached? I am waiting for a response before I consider action.

His post irked me. While I understand he is miffed, but in a game where paranoia runs rampant, people lie, cheat and label each other as 'witch' or 'wolfy'. I find it difficult to let such a tactic slide easily. See, I can think of three town roles (Medium, Judge or even the Traveller) and two 'scummy' roles for him to hide behind (Wolf, JW). As said earlier, he won't be talking any time soon, so any new information on him would be from us. I will change my vote to a conditional one if possible.

I'd love a response from Drifter on this.
    You and me both.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by metlink View Post
    I had to take care of two children thrice in my whole life. I found it very difficult, but a very good learning experience. You have my full empathy and understanding. On behalf of the team of players, we hope your child feels better!
    Oh yeah, this cannot be argued with.

Yes, it worries me too now that it comes to mind. Perhaps Wheat knows something that we don't or is being coached? I am waiting for a response before I consider action.
    The only things any townies know at this time:
    Acolyte knows who priest is, and thus one guy NOT to vote.
    Lovers know one another (if they exist), and thus again know one guy NOT to vote.

The only thing a guy can know to make him WANT to vote someone right now is if he's a witch, in which case he knows another guy is NOT coven.

His post irked me. While I understand he is miffed, but in a game where paranoia runs rampant, people lie, cheat and label each other as 'witch' or 'wolfy'. I find it difficult to let such a tactic slide easily. See, I can think of three town roles (Medium, Judge or even the Traveller) and two 'scummy' roles for him to hide behind (Wolf, JW). As said earlier, he won't be talking any time soon, so any new information on him would be from us. I will change my vote to a conditional one if possible.
    Yeah, I don't like his post at all. If Aemoh makes us happy, I'd be content to go back to Hitaro.

Post reference link
    Sotek|1|Recaiden
    Hitaro|3+1|SHAZAM, Duneyrr, Wheat (Metlink at deadline)
    Orzel|1|Aemoh
    [/table]

18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground

*rolls eyes*

Whatever, I'm not claiming. Sotek proved last game what not to do, didn't he?

Suffice it to say, I'm more useful alive than dead.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Wheat probably won't bother talking until we put pressure on him, which is not happening just yet. Right now, though, I'd really love it if Aemoh talks. Otherwise, we're going to have to kill you, Aemoh.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aemoh View Post
    *rolls eyes*

Suffice it to say, I'm more useful alive than dead.
    And of course, he ninja's me. Pah.

No role-reveals at all does nothing but help Witches, however. WW isn't a problem until at least Day 3-4, while Witches will quickly take the game if no one says a word. Remember that while we don't know each other, Witches do. If you say nothing and then die, you give your information to the Necromancer and Witches.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
    However, he should have alerted me of this beforehand, because this game requires a high activity level.
    I don't know if that's the case, but his absence makes me think that's the reason.
    Last game VA Beds made a point of specifying he doesn't have internet on weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanz Nmi View Post
    And of course, he ninja's me. Pah.

No role-reveals at all does nothing but help Witches, however. WW isn't a problem until at least Day 3-4, while Witches will quickly take the game if no one says a word. Remember that while we don't know each other, Witches do. If you say nothing and then die, you give your information to the Necromancer and Witches.
    A lynch will give us information unless the Medium gets killed. Some roles like the BOD would actually benefit letting the Medium announce them the next day, and others like a Vampire Hunter claim mean very little either way.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

A lynch will give us information unless the Medium gets killed. Some roles like the BOD would actually benefit letting the Medium announce them the next day, and others like a Vampire Hunter claim mean very little either way.
    Medium is like Priest in a way, though- he dies very quickly if he comes out, so he basically saves up and info-dumps like the Priest when it becomes crucial. Having no role claims mean that we don't know who to go after the next Day, and would just keep randomly suspecting people while the Witches pick us off one by one. A role like Vampire Hunter benefits significantly from fakeclaiming, since he can get Witch attention onto him, instead of someone more important, which is basically anyone else, and the BOD revealing himself on D1 isn't a problem, because chances are the Witches aren't really to sacrifice N1, so will still by Town one day.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aemoh View Post
    The only thing I really proved about what not to do that game is a werewolf action.

If you're not claiming - and not claiming is reasonable - throw us a few more bones. "better alive than dead" applies to, uh, everyone on town.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

I am pretty sure Hitaro is lying. However, I'm not convinced that killing him is the best plan. He's either a Witch (medium chance), a Werewolf (very slim chance), or a town power role (medium chance).

If he is not a Witch he is probably a town power role; at least one of the Witches must have known this already (I'm assuming I'm one of the slowest players in this game so that's a safe bet) so if Hitaro isn't a Witch he's a pretty likely Witch target.

I propose not lynching Hitaro tonight, and letting the Priest or Acolyte analyze him. (I'm not really sure how these roles work?) Assuming Hitaro is lying, what should the real Traveller do? I think this is an important matter for us to discuss.

Also, sorry for the typo on your name Gray Mage. I just copied it out of the vote table.

I will think about the situation and then decide what to do with my vote.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Wheat
    Guest in the Playground

What? Two votes against me!?!

Perhaps I should clarify, when I saw Hitaro performing his witchy rituals, I was observing them from a window in my own village home. Upon careful recollection though, I realized that it wasn't Hitaro I saw, I was actually thinking of how I saw him in the market earlier in the morning. Aemoh was definitely the shadowy figure I saw chanting in the night... unless I just dreamt the whole thing (indigestion is common for me).

If you think my seclusion witchy it is simply because I am trying to take in all I can with my eyes before I begin any work with my mouth.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mannikath View Post
    I am pretty sure Hitaro is lying. However, I'm not convinced that killing him is the best plan. He's either a Witch (medium chance), a Werewolf (very slim chance), or a town power role (medium chance).

If he is not a Witch he is probably a town power role; at least one of the Witches must have known this already (I'm assuming I'm one of the slowest players in this game so that's a safe bet) so if Hitaro isn't a Witch he's a pretty likely Witch target.

I propose not lynching Hitaro tonight, and letting the Priest or Acolyte analyze him. (I'm not really sure how these roles work?) Assuming Hitaro is lying, what should the real Traveller do? I think this is an important matter for us to discuss.

Also, sorry for the typo on your name Gray Mage. I just copied it out of the vote table.

I think if he was the werewolf traveler would be a good claim for him, because if the witches believe it they would narrow the number of villagers facing him, rather than waste a kill that could possibly help him.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #327
    Pixie in the Playground

Medium is like Priest in a way, though- he dies very quickly if he comes out, so he basically saves up and info-dumps like the Priest when it becomes crucial. Having no role claims mean that we don't know who to go after the next Day, and would just keep randomly suspecting people while the Witches pick us off one by one. A role like Vampire Hunter benefits significantly from fakeclaiming, since he can get Witch attention onto him, instead of someone more important, which is basically anyone else, and the BOD revealing himself on D1 isn't a problem, because chances are the Witches aren't really to sacrifice N1, so will still by Town one day.
    I would argue that even so, an unclaimed dead Vampire Hunter is better than a claimed one because a witch might claim the role later, at which point the Medium can initiate finger-wagging and get them killed. Same with the Wizard and probably a few other roles.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Medium is like Priest in a way, though- he dies very quickly if he comes out, so he basically saves up and info-dumps like the Priest when it becomes crucial.
    Well, the instant his info makes a difference he should dump it. But he should STILL consider lying about things when he does! If JW was lynched he might want to lie about it until a lot more witches are down, if someone goes down in a confusingly deceptive way he should at least think about helping them out.

Having no role claims mean that we don't know who to go after the next Day, and would just keep randomly suspecting people while the Witches pick us off one by one.
    This. I mean, we'll have priest info and stuff, but if we get roleclaims in drips and drabs we're in fine shape; we have decent odds of finding werewolf well before we're checkmated since witches love to NK guys who are roleclaimed+believed, and thus are unlikely to get lynched, so they'll help us stay out of checkmate a bit if we're infodumping at a "good" pace.

And if we slowly weave a web of info, we can get to a good place. Note that a roleclaim does NOT need to be honest! One or two lying claims can put us into some real nice places if the werewolf tries things.

A role like Vampire Hunter benefits significantly from fakeclaiming, since he can get Witch attention onto him, instead of someone more important, which is basically anyone else, and the BOD revealing himself on D1 isn't a problem, because chances are the Witches aren't really to sacrifice N1, so will still by Town one day.
    BOD should not D1-reveal.

Better BOD play would be a fakeclaim of just the right level of suspicious to get lynched.

Because, uh, a D1 BOD reveal-and-lynched will just add urgency to witch spy-hunting, and NOBODY wants witches to spy-hunt urgently N1 except Werewolf, it's just such a hugely pro-WW play.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Here's my take: if Hitaro is not the real Traveller, the real Traveller should sit tight and not counter-claim. Traveller is a defensive role that is there to stall the Witches, so if Traveller is revealed, he becomes nigh-useless, as the Witches will not target him.

And it is the Priest that checks alignments. The Acolyte's ability is that he knows who the Priest is, and can be used to pick up on clues that the Priest leaves in his posts that can only be spotted if you're looking for them, as well as come out in support of the Priest when the Priest contests Priest-claims.

What I find a little strange is that you deduce that Hitaro would be a likely Witch target, and then also suggest that the Priest check him tonight. That seems odd, since if the Witches hit Hitaro, then the Priest check is wasted. Just a bit of logic slip-up? Hopefully.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

I think the chance of werewolf is higher than you're thinking - it's still low, because the prior is low (only one WW), but it's probably at least as high as that of any specific witch.

Yeah, this is a valid stance.

Unless Hitaro is double-bluffing and is really someone like the VH/BOD or whatever. Or he's the JW! JW would LOVE for witches to think they're traveller.

This is a bit of a fail for the reason Ghanz Nmi identified - we don't want priest to check the witch target!

That said, while we can discuss what priest should check, the priest should not let us lead him, and should use his own judgement! Leading the priest is a really bad thing because it lets witches NK the target and also steer him away from themselves.

Post reference link
    Sotek|1|Recaiden
    Aemoh|9|Horoar, Istari, Hitaro, Orzel, Gray Mage, Sotek, Ghanz Nmi, Murska, Wheat LYNCH MINUS TWO
    Hitaro|2+1|SHAZAM, Duneyrr (Metlink at deadline)
    Orzel|1|Aemoh
    Gray Mage|3|Mannikath, Internet Flea, Eternal Drifter
    [/table]