Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 325772737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2514

Thread: Old Ways IC

1. - Top - End - #2431
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Old Ways IC

ASH

Quote Originally Posted by Koren n'Rhys View Post
    "I can carry a coin purse and your sword I suppose, but won't it seem odd to be lugging around a shield in town? To a bar? I mean, I will if you want, but..." He trails off, then adds "I can wear your sword for you and just use my daggers. They're still more comfortable, and probably better suited to a bar fight if there turns out to be trouble, right?"
    "Right. That'll be fine. My armor used to do most of the work for me anyways." She smirks to herself. Though, I sure appreciated having it when I was fighting those likely disease infested bats...

After that is settled, they can proceed on as planned.

She intends to assess the situation inside the bar before making her next course of action.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know what kind of fellas she'll find in here exactly. Could be thugs minding their own business. Could be "griefers". Could be reasonable folks who were born on the wrong side of the coin. She doesn't know. Don't want to rustle up unwanted trouble before there has to be any.

2. - Top - End - #2432
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Artanis ducked into the alley. It was a full ten feet wide and extended off into the darkness. Artanis turned to find a half-dozen of his pursuers had hustled to block the entryway. Daggers were drawn. The thugs did not wait for Artanis to complete his spell; they merely rushed him. The elf manages to cast his spell, and his magical bolt tears through the chest of one man. The other deals a glancing blow to Artanis' armor. From what he can tell, the crowd of thugs is undeterred by his display of magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    No surprise. Tied for initiative.

Tied for initiative next round, too.

---
    Nathros was enjoying an ale at The Nut, a place that seemed to take pride in its food and drink. From his seat in the window, he saw what might have been Artanis hustle past and into the alley nearby. Several others rush after him. Snatching up his new bardiche, he gives chase coming up behind a half-dozen thugs as they enter the alley, daggers drawn.

---
    Ash and Mycah arrive at the Troll's Cave separately but nearly simultaneously. The bar was in a burned out building on the south end of Fogor Isle. From the looks of it, it hadn't been repaired so much as patched up. A crude mockery of a troll pointed comically toward the entryway. Inside was charred, dark, and crowded. Everything seemed coated in charcoal dust and the place smelled of fire. The crowd seemed subdued, with couples engaged in business and pleasure in various dark corners, tables of seemingly dour folks throughout the room, and a row of thoroughly sodden men at the bar drinking their way to oblivion and well on their way. A two-man band sits on a stage near the bar playing a steady, quiet dirge on drums and lute.

---
    Alanna's recent success and marvelous new healing kit was the subject of considerable interest at the temple. She received some additional duties as a result of her new rites, but she also had plenty of time to relax, have fellowship with her fellow priests, and consider what to do next.

---
    Brandon found himself excused entirely from work around the farm. He was welcome to help out, of course, but he got the distinct sense that the family had come to the unspoken conclusion that Brandon had found his place - inside a suit of armor with weapon in hand. It was something they understood, even if all they really knew of it was the tales of Natalya Bor and her occasional colorful visitor. Certainly, the didn't know what Brandon now knew - what it was like to almost die, or to kill, or to stand and fight when every bit of good sense told you to run. He had his days, and nights for that matter, to himself.

---
    "Canny choices," Merlinda replies, nodding approvingly. "You should already know how to detect magic. The fact that you do not illustrates just how prematurely your apprenticeship was interrupted. I am curious as to why this is and why you've come to this rough land, but this is a deficiency I can help you remedy."

She smiles, "As for reading minds, it is a difficult thing and not without dangers. Most folk would rather be skewered with a blade than have someone knowing their thoughts. Powerful people even more so. But I can teach you that."

Her tone turns somewhat more serious and Talsarios gets the impression that something formal is occuring. An agreement by the sound of it. "Apprenticeship is not to be undertaken lightly. An apprentice incurs a nearly unsatisfiable debt to his master. A master who produces a chaotic apprentice suffers mightily at the hands of her fellows. We mages do not relish sharing our secrets and opening the doors of power to possible rivals. Yet we must teach if we are to perpetuate the craft. Do you agree to serve as apprentice? You are willing to incur such a debt? You will use the Art for true purposes and not for ill?"

She doesn't wait for an answer to each, but assuming Talsarios offers an affirmative statement at the end, she returns to a more casual tone. From that moment forward, he doesn't leave her tower for days. Messages can be sent, items procured, but most of his time and attention is taken up in study.

A spell for detecting magic can be easily scribed into his spellbook and a brief experimentation done to demonstrate its use and limitations. ESP, as it is sometimes called, was more involved. Several hours of studying the levels of consciousness, the differences between surface and deep thoughts, and some practice at shutting out many thoughts and focusing on individuals was needed. Time passes in a blur, but the experience was difficult to match for a young scholar.

Merlinda was certainly a charmer, but she was also serious about her craft, particularly in private. She was an able, encouraging, and detail-oriented teacher. In what is seeming like the end of their training together, Merlinda presents him with a wand of grayed wood, "Natalya says that you should be armed with this, and so you shall."
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-09-18 at 10:40 AM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

3. - Top - End - #2433
    Titan in the Playground

"Ho, ho, lads. This is hardly fair odds at all; there is a full one of me and only six of you!" Nathros leaps forward and cleaves the skull of the nearest thug.

Spoiler
    Show

Nathros, Level Three Dwarf: AC 9(?); HP 13(13); THAC0 19.

Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage Roll: (1d10+4)[13]

Last edited by Matthew; 2012-09-19 at 04:58 AM.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

4. - Top - End - #2434
    Ogre in the Playground

Pleased with his new spells, Talsarios thanks his teacher and pledges to be only a credit to her judgement and skill - and then rushes excitedly down to the market to find a suitable scabbard for his new wand before the stalls close for the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    While he idles around in the market, is there any noticeable sign of the commotion in the direction of the docks?
    Last edited by Altair_the_Vexed; 2012-09-18 at 07:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #2435
    Ogre in the Playground

Artanis simply knotted his brows, unseen due to his hood, and released a small, frustrated breath.

Why do they always have to do it the hard way? It's just the same as when I tried to investigate who hid all the training swords back home.

He just silently drew Solahel and engaged the next closest 'Elf Stalker'.
    He was completely oblivious to Nathros' attack from their rear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thac0 (greatsword) 19: (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (1d10)[4]
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

6. - Top - End - #2436
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Feeling a bit odd with a sword strapped to his hip, Mycah entered the Troll's Cave and quickly surveyed the room. He noted Ash had already arrived but didn't let his gaze linger on her (any more than the other patrons were anyway) and considered how to go about his task here.

Hmm, perhaps the musicians are a regular feature, he mused, maybe they'll know something.
    He made his way to the end of the bar near the stage and signaled the barkeep for a mug of ale. Fishing a few coppers out of his pouch, he approached the musicians and tossed the coins in the hat that lay near their feet, to attract their attention.
    "Mighty doleful music there, friends. Perhaps you know something a bit more spirited. Maybe a love ballad? A tale of a virginal young noble girl with a taste for adventure, eh?" As he spoke he held a gold coin in his hand, letting the metal glint through his fingers so the men noticed, without flashing it to the crowd.
    Last edited by Koren n'Rhys; 2012-09-18 at 03:40 PM.

Player:
    RC D&D: Old Ways OOC/IC/My PC
    Obligatory Blogroll:
    RetroCyberpunk where I tinker at CHROME, an OSR cyberpunk RPG
    Kingdoms in Trevail for my Classic D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"

7. - Top - End - #2437
    Ogre in the Playground

Upon entering (after her eyes adjusted to the light), Ash was taken aback while not expecting such a sight before her. She shakes it off, then calmly goes over to the bar (preferably at an end furthest away from the ears of the drunken men). She won't sit, but she'll carefully lean her elbow/forarm over the high table so she can speak better with just the barkeep.

"I'd say I'm here for a drink, but I can tell it is far too obvious that is not my purpose and that I clearly don't belong here. I'd be grateful if you could but point me in the right direction. I'm looking for someone." With that, she'll slide four silver pieces to him/her under her palm and wait for a nod or something.

Then she'll proceed (unless they have rejected her offer), "A few nights ago, a young woman with an adventurous heart from a wealthy background was said to have been in this neighborhood. I'd like to get in touch with her."

I should have went to inquire with the guardsman first.

8. - Top - End - #2438

Two of the thugs turn to face Nathros and one throws his dagger, but it sails over the dwarf's head. Nathros swings but comes up short.

Down the alley, Artanis fails to connect with the nearest thug, as the man stumbles momentarily over his fallen ally.

---
    Talsarios finds the market stalls closed, but a few more permanent shops still have their lights on. None are weapon shops, though one is a general supply store that might meet his needs. Most lights are out around town. A few sparsely located lanterns light the street, and more lights are on down by the docks. That area and Fogor Isle tended to have more nightlife.

Spoiler
    Show
    No sounds of commotion as of yet.

---
    "Gus, we're takin' a break," the drum player hollers at the bartender as he hops down off the makeshift stage. He eagerly shakes Mycah's hand and relieves him of his gold coin with startling ease. "Let's step out back," he says, shoving open a door, previously imperceptible in the charred darkness.

---
    The barkeep nods and slides the coin off the bar and into his pocket. "Pretty rich girl? Haven't seen 'er in days. I'm sure she goes home to sleep in a comfy bed uptown at night. Lots a'them types like to come slummin' the Isle, but she's the first we got in the Cave. Boys didn't know what ta make of her," He grinned. "Probably don't know what t'make of you either,"

He holds up a rough, ash-covered hand to forestall any follow up questions and holds out his hand for more coins. He'll wait until he's been given at least a couple gold before continuing.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't know where she's been lately. Only person she came here to see was the band and a kid named Anton Barbu, an errand boy for the Guild. A poser, but not as much as she is. Haven't seen him lately either, now that I think about it."

---
    Forum Rules

9. - Top - End - #2439
    Ogre in the Playground

Artanis, taking advantage of the 'Elf Stalker's' misfortune, rushed in to give him a kick in the face.

I need a prisoner or two and I believe it's easier to subdue someone who isn't currently swinging a dagger in my face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thac0 (unarmed?) 19: (1d20)[6]

Errrr... I'm not sure about the damage on that since I'm trying to stun the fellow until I can question him later so I'll roll 3.5's version of a standard unarmed damage since I don't know what 1.0's is.
    Damage: (1d4)[3]
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

10. - Top - End - #2440
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alanna realizes that she hasn't seen any of her companions in a few days. She decides to spend some of her free time in town socializing. Since she doesn't plan on getting into any fights, she forgoes her armor and instead wears the vestments that the other priestesses normally wear at the temple. She has her holy symbol, which she wears out of habit, the healing bead, and a small coin pouch containing 20 gold pieces in case she wants to buy anything. She is unarmed.
    While she is in town, she listens carefully to hear if anyone is talking about any members of her team. I sure hope they haven't gotten themselves in trouble!
    After an hour or so, she returns to the temple if nothing unusual has happened.
    Last edited by MeanMrsMustard; 2012-09-19 at 12:40 AM.
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #2441
    Titan in the Playground

Nathros hacks wildly at the foe!

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[7]

It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

12. - Top - End - #2442

RangerGuy

When the musician gestures at the door, Mycah's eyes narrow in suspicion, but he follows none the less, a hand casually and noticeably resting on the hilt of the dagger at his belt. "No funny stuff, friend. I don't think either of us wants to be bothered, right?"

Still, it's not as if the man could have an ambush planned out there, so Mycah makes an "after you" motion and follows him out, alert for deception.
    "A little coin always seems to get a conversation started, but some men like to weave a tall tale in hopes of more. Are you a tale weaver, friend, or a man who sees things while he works and remembers them?"

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

13. - Top - End - #2443
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    "Gus, we're takin' a break," the drum player hollers at the bartender as he hops down off the makeshift stage. He eagerly shakes Mycah's hand and relieves him of his gold coin with startling ease. "Let's step out back," he says, shoving open a door, previously imperceptible in the charred darkness.

---
    The barkeep nods and slides the coin off the bar and into his pocket. "Pretty rich girl? Haven't seen 'er in days. I'm sure she goes home to sleep in a comfy bed uptown at night. Lots a'them types like to come slummin' the Isle, but she's the first we got in the Cave. Boys didn't know what ta make of her," He grinned. "Probably don't know what t'make of you either,"

He holds up a rough, ash-covered hand to forestall any follow up questions and holds out his hand for more coins. He'll wait until he's been given at least a couple gold before continuing.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't know where she's been lately. Only person she came here to see was the band and a kid named Anton Barbu, an errand boy for the Guild. A poser, but not as much as she is. Haven't seen him lately either, now that I think about it."
    Ash takes note of her sword leaving out the door at Mycah's side, There goes my plan B. I hope we don't have any trouble. She checks her pocket for more coin. She doesn't want to make a noticeable jingling sound with her money by giving him more silver, so she gives him a gold. When he still seems to want more, she rolls her eyes just a little to herself, then smiles as she gives up another gold. "Aah, a fella's got to make a living." She tips her head to him with recognition, then waits for his reply.

After hearing what he has to say, she asks, "The Guild?"
    " - this one's not worth more than silver to me,"
    she clarifies. If need be, she'll give up the necessary few silver coins to understand what "guild" he is referring to better. Perhaps it's slang for another name she knows.

Then she'll be happy to leave this dingy place, that is a source of her uneasiness, and wait around for Mycah (at the main street-side corner for him to find her easier).

14. - Top - End - #2444
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

In addition to polishing his mother's shield and buying arrows to restock his quiver, Bran spends much of his time painting.

He tries to paint the paralyzing tentacled worm that belonged to the necromancer, and also the skeletons and the thoul, trying to make them look as macabre and horrifying as possible.

He also paints a fire beetle and some goblins from his near-death experience.

He tells his family and friends, "These are what we fought. They're all dead now, except for that thoul, which is TWICE dead. Yes, that awful necromancer brought an undead critter back to animation a second time. Disgusting."

"The funny thing is, the gobbos are what came closest to killing me. If not for Stefan, I wouldn't be here."

15. - Top - End - #2445

The thug recovers too quickly to be caught by Artanis' kick, and another thug steps over his fallen fellow to lunge at the elf. Both thugs connect with their dagger strikes, but neither penetrates Artanis' quality mail.

Nathros swings wide again, still getting a feel for the mighty weapon, but he manages to hold the thugs at bay. Both thugs facing him, swing their daggers but neither is willing to close to range to really land a blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    PC's win initiative.

One dead and five uninjured thugs, two in melee with each of our heroes and one in the middle.

---
    Roughly a block east, toward the docks, Talsarios spies a half-dozen figures sprint around a corner into view, and then back around another corner and out of view.

---
    "Well, friend," says the drummer to Mycah, "we get paid copper to sing tales, but truth, it's said, is golden." The two men will hold out for at least a few gold. If Mycah is reluctant, the men will suggest with wry-humored grins, "did you see anyone else in there who looked they were paying attention? Sober enough to remember?" If he still seems reluctant, they push, "you didn't come all the way out to this whole-in-the-wall not to learn what you came here for."

Assuming he pays them,
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The virgin girl, weren't no virgin," the lutist offers crudely.

"But we don't get alot of nobles in here,"
    the sly looking drummer cuts in, "so we know your girl. Marie. Pretty young thing with a sadness caused by lack of coin. She found a young man and while he didn't have a cure, he was willing to look hard for one, if you take my meaning. I'd say either he hit the big score and they're living it up somewhere or they took on something over their heads and got dead.

How's that for a tale, friend?

---
    The market is mostly closed and dark, and there's little talk to be overheard, but if Alanna asks, the general store owner knows that Nathros is staying at The Nut around the corner and that Merlinda was in today and talked about her new apprentice Talsarios.

---
    "You really are new here," says Gus. "Do they not have the thieves' guild where you're from?" He sweeps up Ash's silver.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-09-19 at 11:52 PM.
    Forum Rules

16. - Top - End - #2446
    Ogre in the Playground

Finding that his quarry had avoided him, Artanis crouched and made a low sweep at the legs of the closest 'Elf Stalker'.

I'm lucky that they are not skilled enough to slide those daggers through the weak points of my armor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thac0 (greatsword) 19: (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (1d10)[5]
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

17. - Top - End - #2447

Alanna smiles at the news of Talsarios' success. She takes a few minutes to see if Nathros is at the Nut. When she finds he's out, she asks the innkeeper to mention she had stopped by and is well. She returns to the temple, performs a few late-night chores, and goes to bed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #2448
    Titan in the Playground

Nathros tries to bend his new axe to his will, knowing now that it feels the blood of common thugs unworthy of its noble heritage!

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[14]

19. - Top - End - #2449
    Ogre in the Playground

Suspicious of the sprinting gang, Talsarios looks about to see if there are any watchfolk about. Regardless, he briskly walks toward the alley, listening out for signs of whatever is going on.
    That looks like trouble - and I prepared the best crowd control spell in the book this morning! Still, I'd best make sure I don't break any local laws, I suppose, he thinks, as he scans the evening streets for persons of authority while he walks.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Talsarios sees any of the watch about, he'll call them over, saying "Hey there - I'm one of Bost's Rangers, you see, and it looks like there's some ruffians up to no good here! Come with me!"

20. - Top - End - #2450
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH

---
    "You really are new here," says Gus. "Do they not have the thieves' guild where you're from?" He sweeps up Ash's silver.
    "Ah. I may know them by another name."
    Spoiler
    Show
    A rose by any other name may smell more vile.

With that, she'll make her way out to the corner to wait for Mycah's return. She'll keep a wary eye out for any trouble that may have followed her out, or any other trouble that may have followed her in. Of course, who knows what one might find in this end of town?

Spoiler
    Show
    Alertness DC13: (1d20)[10]

It'd be funny if the whole group somehow managed to find Artanis and help him in the alley while we were about our random tasks.

21. - Top - End - #2451

RangerGuy

"Well, friend," says the drummer to Mycah, "we get paid copper to sing tales, but truth, it's said, is golden." The two men will hold out for at least a few gold. If Mycah is reluctant, the men will suggest with wry-humored grins, "did you see anyone else in there who looked they were paying attention? Sober enough to remember?" If he still seems reluctant, they push, "you didn't come all the way out to this whole-in-the-wall not to learn what you came here for."

Assuming he pays them,
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The virgin girl, weren't no virgin," the lutist offers crudely.

"But we don't get alot of nobles in here,"
    the sly looking drummer cuts in, "so we know your girl. Marie. Pretty young thing with a sadness caused by lack of coin. She found a young man and while he didn't have a cure, he was willing to look hard for one, if you take my meaning. I'd say either he hit the big score and they're living it up somewhere or they took on something over their heads and got dead.

How's that for a tale, friend?
    Mycah offers a crooked smile at their not-so-subtle hints at more gold, and warily digs a few more coins out of his purse for the pair.
    "A man's got a feed himself and coppers don't go far, I know. And you're right, I didn't come here to walk away empty-handed, so let's get to the point, eh?"

After hearing the information they offer, he nods.
    "Not much different than I expected to hear, and more than I knew before. Any chance this enterprising young man had a name?"

Assuming he gets that last bit of info:
    "Thank you gentlemen, it's been a pleasure. I'll leave you go get back to your work before the barman comes looking for you."
    With that, he'll go back inside, and seeing Ash has left, take a few moments to drink some of the ale he ordered so as not to draw too much suspicion. He'll soon follow after her though, looking up and down the street to see where she might be waiting for him.

Once he rejoins her, he'll quickly fill her in on what he learned.
    "Not too much to go on, but more than we started with."
    Last edited by Koren n'Rhys; 2012-09-20 at 09:39 AM.

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

22. - Top - End - #2452
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH

Spoiler
    Show
    ---
    Ash walks toward the nicer districts with Mycah while she fills in the blanks for him (only loud enough that he may hear), "Sounds like we need to find out what's become of Anton if we want to find her. If he's tangled up with the thieves guild - who I'll venture might be one and the same with the Fangs - finding her is going to be a bigger task than the two of us can manage. We'll need the rest of our Vigilant Companions to get through this one alive.
    We should make sure none of our companions are expecting pay, though they can hope for a welcomed bonus should we succeed."

23. - Top - End - #2453

The musicians offer Mycah a name, Anton Barbau. He and Ash find the air better outside the Troll's Cave, but Fogor's Isle was still a rough part of town. The streets and alleys were narrower, meaning dangerous shadows were often within arms reach. There were vagrants and beggars in the streets, streets which were far less clean than in the town proper.

---
    Artanis' blade fails to catch the nearest thug, who jumps back to elude it, and his ripost misses Artanis by an arm's length. His fellow steps in to drive a blade into the elf's shoulder, though, and he laughs, cruelly.

Nathros, meanwhile, manages to cleave the nearest thug from shoulder to groin. The thug beside him makes a distracted attack, his dagger missing the dwarf.

The thug caught in the middle hesitates to advance on Nathros, given that he would have to step through his fallen ally's gory remains.

---
    Talsarios spies no guard, but walks quickly to the corner the men just rounded. The light in the street was limited, but a half-block away, there appeared to be a half-dozen men, all humans, armed with daggers and about to turn left down an alleyway. In an instant, they'd be out of sight.

---
    Alanna had come in the side entrance of The Nut, the nearest one to the store, but when she left it by the front door, to head back toward the temple, she spied Nathros, bloody polearm in hand, battling a small group of thugs.

---
    Brandon's mother expressed quite an interest in his art. She praised its realism, and she wondered if he planned to keep it or sell it. She proposed clearing out the room of his oldest sister, who was been married and moved out now, to store the art. "I think maybe it's a bit graphic for some, and it worries your father to think of you out there fighting these things. He's actually a bit cross at me for encouraging you in this. He fears losing you more than anything."

She gives him a warm smile and puts a gentle hand on his shoulder, "He worries about me too, but I've never let it stop me from doing what must be done...I just don't tell him about.

With as well as you've done, you could build yourself a little house and even a gallery here on the property, or even in town, if you'd like a place of your own."

Spoiler
    Show

Talsarios and Alanna are now in the same scene and time as Artanis and Nathros.

PC's win initiative for the next round.

Forum Rules

24. - Top - End - #2454
    Ogre in the Playground

Artanis grunted as the dagger found its mark. As his blood soaked his cloak, he singled out the one who had wounded him and spoke for the first time during the encounter.

"You die first."

He then followed his low sweep with an upward swing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thac0 (greatsword) 19: (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (1d10)[4]
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

25. - Top - End - #2455

RangerGuy

Mycah keeps alert as he and Ash make their way back to a safer part of town, continuing the conversation in a low voice.
    "I agree that this Anton is probably our best lead at this point, but yeah, it'll be risky if he's mixed up with the Fangs. I suspect you're right about them being the thieves guild. We should get back and see what some of the others are learning. I hope everyone is safe - it's been a few days since I've seen Artanis."

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

26. - Top - End - #2456

Alanna rushes after Nathros but tries to stay hidden when she realizes he's in a fight. She watches the battle and curses herself for being unarmed and unarmored.
    I'll only be useful if they get hurt… hope they don't, though… their health is more important than my pride. She winces when she hears Artanis' grunt of pain. Guess I'll be healing a bit tonight after all, she thinks grimly.
    She says a small prayer that the grace of the Immortals be with her companions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #2457
    Ogre in the Playground

A gang of running men wielding daggers? Doesn't look like legal behaviour to me... Talsarios breaks into a jog to keep the thugs in sight. He puts his hand on the hilt of his new wand as he runs, hoping it isn't needed - Lethal force will be much harder to defend in court, he thinks.

28. - Top - End - #2458
    Titan in the Playground

Encouraged by success, Nathros follows up with another murderous stroke!

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[13]
    Damage Roll: (1d10+4)[10]

29. - Top - End - #2459
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH

"I suppose we can drop by the temple or the Bor's and see if those folks have heard anything.
    How many taverns/inns would you say are in this town, by the way? I think those would be the most likely places to find the others. We can check those along the way. This is a matter in which time is of the essence."

Artanis... His anger seems untempered. I wonder if his elven years have granted him enough of the wisdom he needs to keep him alive thus far.

30. - Top - End - #2460
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Bran doesn't turn his gaze or his attention away from his painting. He sounds distracted as he answers.

"Ma, I'm the youngest son. The girls have dowries and the farm is big enough for the others to inherit -some- land, but not for me. That's why I had to train to adventure like you did."

"I used to resent the fact that I was the lackland of the family, but it's okay now. Nearly died a few times, but I'm having a lot of fun anyway."

"Land is a good idea, but I'm not going to become a landowner yet. I'm not even 20 yet. The idea of a teenage home-owner is ridiculous."

"Besides, why should I settle for a house? If our luck holds, we can get a CASTLE and be lords and ladies in our own right."

He gives his mother a grin, then turns back to painting the goblin sergeant that nearly killed him that one time.

"Oh, that reminds me. I have to go give an offering to the Immortals. Stefan saved my life, and he's a cleric, so I have to offer tribute."