New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Re: the pic. It's like... a combination of The Michelin Mans' unmentionables and a mummy and Casper.
    I really didn't need that mental image

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    WOW! I didn't think you'd actually try it!
    What are you gonna do when it's finished?
    Cower in fear. It's all I can do, for with its inevitable size and power, it will surely be the first of an army of sentient Oreo Cookie Towers.

Great, now I've got the creepiest mental image of someone actually calling their lover by the petname of food.
    And so the day came when Cobalt decided what his next pet would be named.

Re: the pic. It's like... a combination of The Michelin Mans' unmentionables and a mummy and Casper.
    Now imagine that, times 200.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Now imagine that, times 200.
    I was already feeling ill. Now I'm almost tempted to hurl. Then again, I might just be feeling ooky. :/

And now you've reminded me of Day of the Tentacle. Fun game apparently. Not a bad thing to watch LP'd either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I was already feeling ill. Now I'm almost tempted to hurl. Then again, I might just be feeling ooky. :/
    It's not just you
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    It's not just you
    He's right it isn't Its disgustingly delicious

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Banned

Great, now I've got the creepiest mental image of someone actually calling their lover by the petname of food.

Thank you so much for that, Quincunx.
    Nonsense, good sir! The lover is food-provider, and only when standing in the food room or vicinity thereof. (Again with that discussion about how much feline behavior one can get away with, especially within a relationship.) Besides, it was rarely so practical as calling another human being "food", was it? It was among the Eskimos who were neither Upick nor Inuit, but they remained a subsistence culture far longer than most. No, in our worlds of plenty in which Oreos exist, the lover's flesh would be only the vehicle for emotion, not just the food. One would hope.

7. - Top - End - #1027

NecromancerGuy

...What is with people and the whole lover-cat thing anyway?

At first I thought it was only a recent thing or a weird people I know thing or even a regional thing. But it seems to be quite ubiquitous amongst those who dwell in the internets. And a fair few who don't.

Also, what you say intrigues me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Banned

Well, the furry furor died down, so maybe the sense of shame evaporated also?--on the shameless internet at least? Who knows. It might be worthwhile to meow back at girls who wear kitty-eared hoodies, if kitty-eared hoodies still exist. Also I hope sparkle is still in. Found the sparkly fabric which I meant to sew up into a dress last yeartwo yearsawhile ago. When, if not at Halloween?

9. - Top - End - #1029

NecromancerGuy

When indeed?

Though furries are still taboo, we just all know about them now. There's no one to troll by shocking them with the existence of furries anymore.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

That is more confusing than I thought.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2010-10-16 at 06:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Orc in the Playground

I always find the difference between those two pretty easy to distinguish. But maybe that's my soopah language skills. Or maybe I'm lying, and the effect of my affectation is affecting your ability to effect a decision on whether I really do. And the effect of that is that it'll affect your level of affection for me.
    cool avatar by araveugnitsuga

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

13. - Top - End - #1033

Quote Originally Posted by Snares View Post
    I always find the difference between those two pretty easy to distinguish. But maybe that's my soopah language skills. Or maybe I'm lying, and the effect of my affectation is affecting your ability to effect a decision on whether I really do. And the effect of that is that it'll affect your level of affection for me.
    It did affect my decision, yes.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

The effect of my level of affecting may cause you bodily harm

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    It did affect my decision, yes.
    I'm afraid I'm using the form of effect that means 'to come to a solution' there. Effecting a final decision, anyone?

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

16. - Top - End - #1036

I'm afraid I'm using the form of effect that means 'to come to a solution' there. Effecting a final decision, anyone?
    Oh, I'm aware. You're saying that we should be indecisive and unable to make a decision. Your verbiage, however, had no effect.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, I'm aware. You're saying that we should be indecisive and unable to make a decision.
    Well, the possibility that I'm lying might make it that way. If I was. But am I? I don't even know myself anymore.

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

18. - Top - End - #1038

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Have a good time! I've never been to an opera myself. You'll have to tell me what it's like.
    I'm back from it now. I enjoyed it. It was based on scenes from Shakespeare's King Lear, and had the original Shakespearean dialogue, and it was really clever how they fit the rhythm of the words into the music. A lot of the dialogue seemed hard to pick out though, and too often it was kind of distracting from the music when you were struggling to hear what they were saying. But the mock trial and the scene in the storm (which was done through the use of these awesome bendy light stick things!) were both done really well. Although they ended it on Cordelia's death, with none of the stuff that goes on between Edmund and Goneril and Regan, which seemed a bit odd.

I'm totally calling them 'octopodes' now. Just to be fancy. And I have the British accent they're asking me for.

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

When I clicked the second link I was quite surprised, to say the least.

21. - Top - End - #1041

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    When I clicked the second link I was quite surprised, to say the least.
    It's a great article, but the primary question it's answering just makes it a bit harder to link to in polite company.

---

Also, if someone gives you a cake, remember, the cake is a lie. Therefore, that person has just fed you a lie.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Also, if someone gives you a cake, remember, the cake is a lie. Therefore, that person has just fed you a lie.
    I've done extensive research on this. Does this mean when someone tells you a lie, they're actually being nice and giving you cake?

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a great article, but the primary question it's answering just makes it a bit harder to link to in polite company.

---

Are you implying this isn't polite company? Because you'd be correct

I've done extensive research on this. Does this mean when someone tells you a lie, they're actually being nice and giving you cake?
    Extensive research, eh? I never knew that encompassed web comics.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Extensive research, eh? I never knew that encompassed web comics.
    Of course it does! You can put your research in the shape of webcomics!

25. - Top - End - #1045

Anyone can have their cake and eat it too. The trick is to eat your cake and still have it.

26. - Top - End - #1046

Anyone can have their cake and eat it too. The trick is to eat your cake and still have it.
    What if they give you cake, you eat it, and then realize it was a lie?

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

Then it will disappear and leave emptiness in its place. This will act as a vacuum and tear you apart from the inside.

28. - Top - End - #1048

Then it will disappear and leave emptiness in its place. This will act as a vacuum and tear you apart from the inside.
    Pretty much this. Anything, especially relationships, built on a foundation of lies is bound to collapse (and could also cause collateral damage).

29. - Top - End - #1049

Pretty much this. Anything, especially relationships, built on a foundation of lies is bound to collapse (and could also cause collateral damage).
    Deep.

Just like cake, actually. You wouldn't build a house out of it, would you?

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Deep.

Just like cake, actually. You wouldn't build a house out of it, would you?
    Well actually...