Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Default D&D 3.5- Returning To the Monastery

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry of the wait, but:

As you return to the mountaintop monastery, you notice that the trees thin out, likely because of the altitude. Some trees continue to stand, but the icy grip of winter has taken their leaves, and lives. The snow is fresh and white, almost fluffy. Winter has begun a few weeks ago, and the monastery is embracing nature as it does every year. You hear the distant howl of wolves. The monastery has an entrance that juts out a bit from the front of the stone behemoth. The monastery has a basement that runs fairly deep into the mountain, the underground portion of the building holds the rooms of your few betters. You walk through the hallowed halls, hewn out of granite, the lesser monks silently peer at you with frowns. You reach the stairway to the room of the enlightened one, your master. You open the white, wooden door and distinctly hear,
    "Enter, child."

The room is dark, save the fire in the center of the room. Incense drifts into your nostrils, calming your nervousness a bit.
    At the other end of the room, you can see a figure, back turned sitting with legs crossed.
    "You were unable stop Archanall's Priest."
    You can hear the subject exhale deeply, with evident disappointment, In the subject's voice you detect a great sadness.

"The eldrich, Vile god, Archanall's Avatar has been made flesh -or metal, rather."
    Last edited by Deep Rot; 2011-09-05 at 10:39 PM. Reason: IAMANIDIOT!!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 3.5- Returning To the Monastery

Setsira kneels, somewhat disgraced. "I am sorry master. I was unable to complete the task. I have no excuse." She stays kneeled until spoken to again
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMageTim View Post
    So I decide to take a break for one day and the party is already trying to kill each other...AND Sam's not even involved? I'm confused
    Credit to Terry576 for the davesprite avatar

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

frown Re: D&D 3.5- Returning To the Monastery

"Normally, the punishment for such a large error, is d..." -the voice trails off, unable to finish the sentence.

"You are the exception, you have done the cause of good many a service."

"You are banished."

The voice cracks subtly at banished.

"You must destroy Archanall's avatar, when you have completed this task, you may return."
    AI in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Blasting isn't T3. It's either T2 (you're Mailman enough to kill everything) or T4 (you're an over-glorified archer).

4. - Top - End - #4

Shocked Setsira rose. "Master, for over a century I have trained her. For 50 Years, I have done your deeds for you. I am one of your best students. You would banish me after all of that? It is your own mistake." Without waiting for a reply, she stood and walked to the door. Before exiting she said, "I will return, and when I do, it will be with Archanall's head." She stormed out the doors. Stopping before passing any of the lesser monks she asked, "Don't you all have studying to do?" Then she walked shamelessly down the halls. As she exits the temple, she looks back. "Good bye, I will return one day." And she starts her walk down the mountain.
    So I decide to take a break for one day and the party is already trying to kill each other...AND Sam's not even involved? I'm confused

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I often recommend music to set the mood of games, this may help set the mood more or less, at least for exile.

Spoiler
    Show
    You run down the path I presume.

After a few minutes of running, something catches your eye.

A piece of red cloth is ripped and torn on the ground, on closer inspection, its white cloth, white cloth covered in blood.
    Paw prints are crossing the path nearby, as well as the impression of something large being dragged off of the path. More cloth and blood lead into the forest.
    A bloodied dagger is lying on the ground with all of the gore.
    AI in the Playground

Blasting isn't T3. It's either T2 (you're Mailman enough to kill everything) or T4 (you're an over-glorified archer).

6. - Top - End - #6

After examining the cloth and the dagger, Setsira starts following the tracks. She proceeds cautiously.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

After a few minutes, you can hear growling and smell iron.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can you add item weight on your sheet please?

In the distance you see a humanoid sprawled across the ground with a large wolf-like animal on top of it.
    AI in the Playground

8. - Top - End - #8

Setsira charges at the creature, flame streaming from her feet. ((Using Searing Charge Maneuver)) She launches herself on the the creature, pounding it with her fist.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll for unarmed strike: (1d20+11)[24]
    If 20, Crit confirm: (1d20+11)[22]
    Damage from unarmed strike: (2d6+3)[8]
    Damage from Searing Charge: (5d6)[8]

This is all assuming that it is with in 120 feet.
    Last edited by Sparrow; 2011-09-06 at 08:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    It indeed is.

Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArsV7...eature=related-Music for the part where you saw the blood and cloth into the battle.

Your fist rams into the white wolf, but the wolf doesn't look like it is the normal of its kind. A normal wolf would have flown several feet in the opposite direction covered in it's own blood, and drop dead. This wolf has very tough bones and an icy cold to it's body the size of a horse, but it is not doing well with dealing with the fire damage. After impact, it moves off of the sprawled out humaniod, who you now notice, is partially frozen. The wolf glares at you gnashing its white icy teeth, blue eyes gleaming with malevolent intelligence.
    "You will DIE!"
    The great beast lets out a loud howl.
    In the distance you hear some barking and growling; It is calling more wolves.
    AI in the Playground

10. - Top - End - #10

Setsira, without backing down, spin kicks the wolf. Her foot catching fire as she spins. ((Searing Blade Maneuver))

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll for kick: (1d20+9)[27]
    If 20, Crit Confirm: (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage from Kick:(2d6+3)[9]
    Damage from Searing Blade: (2d6+9)[18]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

The wolf looks keels over and looks near dead. A few black wolves peek from the undergrowth. After taking one look at the white wolf, the flee. You notice the Frozen humanoid stir. You can now see that the elf is twitching and bleeding profusely.
    AI in the Playground

12. - Top - End - #12

((Is this going to attack me?))

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

The elf is unconscious and you can tell is unstable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is dying, and therefore cannot attack and wouldn't want to if you could provide some sort of help.
    AI in the Playground

14. - Top - End - #14

Setsira walks over to the unconscious elf and attempts to stabilize it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Untrained Heal Check: (1d20+6)[17]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    The elf is now stable.

The elf's blood has now stopped flowing, but the new problem for her is that she is partially frozen. If she is just left out here she will freeze to death in no time.
    AI in the Playground

16. - Top - End - #16

Trained for any condition, Setsira removes her robe and uses it to cover the elf. She is now in only her undergarments. She then looks for the nearest shelter.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

You notice minor frostbite on the elf, as well as an unusually pale skin tone, and white hair.
    You notice something new though, out in the snow it was likely covered; there is a small metal object piercing the subject's hand, you are especially drawn to it because the elf's fingers are twitching.
    Last edited by Deep Rot; 2011-09-07 at 10:04 PM.
    AI in the Playground

18. - Top - End - #18

Setsira carefully draws it out of the elf's hand. Using a loose part of cloth from her robe, she covers the wound to stop the bleeding.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Can you tell me your character's thoughts in spoilers?, it helps me get a better idea of what should happen and what to semi-plan out.

The moment you draw the stone item from the hand, the wound closes and heals.
    The elf's hair suddenly turns a yellow blond, and her skin turns less pale to a more natural color.
    The rest of the elf's wounds heal in a matter of minutes.
    A few moments after that, she moves her head off of the ground and looks at you.
    "By the peace of Avandor, Thank you!"
    Last edited by Deep Rot; 2011-09-08 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Color
    AI in the Playground

20. - Top - End - #20

Spoiler
    Show
    Thoughts:
    Maybe I should drop this stone, it could be cursed.

Setsira sets the stone on the ground and helps the elf up. "What happened, exactly? That thing didn't look human, and it didn't look like any wolf I've ever scene."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    P.S. You gain 338 XP, Yeah, gestalt forces me to lower ecls by 1 or 2, cause you know, it would've been much harder if you couldn't light your foot on fire.

"That was one of the ice wolves, they stay in hiding or during the hotter months, then when a truly cold winter comes they prey on travelers to make up for lost time."
    "Legend says that Obad-Hai created many ice wolves, but they were corrupted by Erythnull, god of Gnolls."
    AI in the Playground

22. - Top - End - #22

"An ice wolf...hmm. There may be more around here. We must get you to safety. Do you know anywhere around her that you can rest?" Setsira continued to help the elf, making sure that she was properly bandaged up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thoughts: Safety. Shelter. That is what we need. And we can't go back to the temple, I am not wanted there.
    Last edited by Sparrow; 2011-09-08 at 12:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

I was going to Westhaven, it's a nice little town not too far down the road. I can recover there.
    You notice that the elf has no weapons, curious.
    Last edited by Deep Rot; 2011-09-08 at 02:03 PM.
    AI in the Playground

24. - Top - End - #24

"You know, it isn't safe traveling these roads without weapons. Your luck I came along when I did." Setsira told the elf. "I just realized something. I didn't catch your name. I am Setsira."

Spoiler
    Show
    Thoughts: Wondering why she didn't catch the name earlier and why this elf is naive enough to travel without at least a dagger.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Your ac is messed up I think, you have -2 ac penalty from armor, that isn't right.

"I am Shaymalin."
    You no longer notice as much frostbite on her extremities.
    "I have no physical weapons but, I have this."
    She concentrates on her right hand for a few moments and puts her hand in the position as if she is about to draw a nonexistent sword from a nonexistent sheath.
    A few seconds later, she draws a glowing shortsword from nothing.
    "I am more than meets the eye."
    AI in the Playground

26. - Top - End - #26

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll fix that. It was from charging, I just forgot to take it off.

"I prefer my hands and feet, but swords work too. Now, which way to that town you mentioned?" Setsira doesn't look that impressed from the weapons that came out of nonexistence.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Shaymalin stabs the sharp stone that was embedded in her hand.
    What remains of the shattered rock steams and disappears.
    "Hold my hand for a moment please."
    AI in the Playground

28. - Top - End - #28

Spoiler
    Show
    Thoughts: Should I trust her? Well, obviously I'm stronger than her. If she does something stupid, I could knock her out.

Side-note: I still got plenty of maneuvers, incase your planning something.

Setsira hesitantly takes the elf's hand.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, your Str scores are equal, but you have monk grapple abilities, but no matter.

You feel slightly nauseous, but nothing too noticeable happens untilthe world around you seems to flare up,blinding you briefly. You then open your eyes to a small snow covered town.
    "This is Westhaven."
    AI in the Playground

30. - Top - End - #30

Setsira stood amused at the small town. "Quaint." She said looking around. "Now, lets get you inside."

Spoiler
    Show
    Did she already give me my robe back?