New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo 2

[The Pit - Prisoner 0's Cell]

"So I don't have anything to do until Vicente here is done his job? Sounds good. I'll go get everything set up on my end." He turns and begins to walk out, then casually looks back "But first I need to see a man about a horse." If nothing is said to him he carefully makes his way to the surface, and then heads toward his own Palacio to go collect himself for his encroaching assault on the Privaron when he walks past his throne room, smelling the nearly dried blood. Shortly after one can see a large red beam coming through the roof of his palacio, and the Septima crashing through the rubble, followed on the ground by a massive snake-like arrancar and a small, warhardened arrancar.
    There Will Be Blood Talon, you can bet your draconic hide on that.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-02-23 at 09:21 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ettin in the Playground

[Segunda's Palacio]

Even though the throne room is just behind the wall, it takes a while for Lalita to locate the new door that leads there. He's pleased to see that Edward's present. "Good day, Master Edward", he chimes and bows. "It's been a while, hasn't it? I hope your days have not been unbearably dull without us."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #993
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Primera District]

Carina sighs at Rouga's display, readying herself for anything that might come out.
    Cecilia walks with them, fingering her Zanpakuto. She looks rather bored, to be frank. She adjusts her top hat, and checks the wind.

"Why, the wind is blowing west! Clearly this is the work of..."

A pair of sunglasses appear in her hand. She puts them on.

"A demon."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward, His Throne Room
    Edward happily sat examining a photo while absentmindedly stroking a gopher. Awww, Canguro's sleeping face. He looked up to see his two fracción and quickly rose from his seat and began walking towards them. "Ah, hello there Lalita, I had been expecting you. This little fellow told me about your arrival." Edward pointed to the critter which was now perched on his shoulder. "Go-for gophers are quite the convenience." He paused for a moment. "Fortunately no, I haven't been terribly bored, but that's because I spent the last several days training in seclusion. It felt pretty refreshing, however, most assuredly, if I hadn't, I would've been. I certainly did miss you two, but you know the saying, 'If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.' I had faith in you guys and you didn't disappoint me." Edward sensed something different about Lalita and gave him a knowing look of approval. "It's also been said one should pay close attention to a boy that you haven't seen for three days. Of course you're no boy, but you've been gone for about twice as long so I'm doubly intrigued about your doings. Would you mind me asking what you've been up to during your absence?"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-24 at 12:27 AM.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Orc in the Playground

[Primera Quest]

...The princess has about had it at that. A telepathic snap echoes through the minds of those nearby as the Princess takes point, floating towards the entrance.

That's it, I would rather be in danger than deal with you morons.

[Meanwhile...]

A crunch echos through the bottom of the Primera's tower, as a long, prehensile tail crushes through from underneath. In short order, out crawls the attractive, if somewhat dirty form of Ruwa as she reseals and looks up the winding stairs. She had heard frequently that the Primera was dangerous...

...But she needed the help of someone dangerous. The serpentine not-quite-Espada dusts herself off as she begins the climb... And eventually she reaches the top. Looking around at the disheveled room, she tries to get a sense of just who she was dealing with.

...Unfortunately, she is not quite a personality profiler, so she has little clue. Ruwa stifles a yawn and looks upon the lofty bed Genoveva owned.

Surely she wouldn't mind if Ruwa napped on it while waiting for her return... She could always repay the Primera somehow. Without much ceremony, she lays upon the cushion, and shortly, falls into a deep sleep. She had been through much.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-24 at 10:30 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #996
    Firbolg in the Playground

Anita Hart

"Primera-Sama?" Came a confused voice as the slight frame of a fraccion entered Genoveva's room. "It's time for your-" She interrupted herself when she saw Ruwa. Taking on an air of one-part fear and one-part professionalism, she confronted the mystery arrancar. "E-excuse me, miss. Please state your purpose." Anita drew her shortsword.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

Primera's Palace

Genoveva's palace continues to silently wait in the face of Rouga's declaration for someone to come and fight him. No challengers appear, though there's definitely something watching the four as they stand on the precipice. Then the princess had to go and cross the thresh-hold, prompting a spray of webbing from well off into the darkness of the hallway that lands lightly on the smaller arrancar, but sticks tight as if glued there.

Before much in the way of telepathic commands, outrage, or unacceptableness can be...thought, the slack goes tight as Geister's daughter is yanked off into the darkness never to be seen again out of sight with just her doll laying on the ground.

Flakes begin to drift down from the ceiling before a large and bulky shape bursts out of the recessed hollow it had dug into the ceiling to hide in, landing with a thud to block the way. A heavily muscled body crouches low, mask fragments formed like n alligator's snout around his own lips as the big arrancar cackles hungrily.

"HeheheHahahehe, c'mon Alices! Step into the rabbit hole fore your friend reaches the Red Queen!" he taunts, the the spikes across the back of his knuckles evidently his zanpakuto.

==============================================

Genoveva

Genoveva's waving a dismissive hand even before Vincente has finished, not even bothering to turn around to face Vincente as the hushed whispering at the back of everyone's attention takes on a particularly frenzied pitch as glowing waste is swapped for boiling water, but only for a couple moments.

"Time Ah ain't worried about an' Yaago can act in mah stead ta let ya down here an' help ya get everything running smoothly. He can also protect ya in case an inmate happens ta wander down here." she says smoothly, giving Sereg a short nod when the other moved to leave, already forgetting about his involvement from the look of things. A couple moments after wards though, Genoveva's sonar-like burst of reiatsu detection blares out, causing the Primera to frown. "One last ding Vincente, remember ta stay on task, eh? Yer here fer one reason only, don't get side-tracked by side projects or yer own curiosity while yer workin' down 'ere. Dis is a prison after all an' Ah'll need ta lock ya in when yer working ta maintain security. Seems Ah have guests though, feel free ta acquaint yerself wid what's down 'ere though."

With that, she turns and begins to amble back towards the surface, with the occasional blast of reiatsu detection heralding her arrival up towards the tower but at the sound of voices...she pauses, tilting an ear up towards the grate to listen in...
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-02-24 at 11:02 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #998
    Orc in the Playground

Ruwa... snores. She looks pretty harmless.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #999

Anita... sighs.

She takes her clipboard, flipping back and forth through its many pages. "Ruwa, Fraccion to the Octava. But what's she doing here?" She reads further, speaking to herself. "Maybe she got lost and thinks that she's in the Octava's palace, she doesn't seem to be the brightest. Still, this is unacceptable."

Anita walked over to the bed, trying to remain quiet as she picked the sleeping fraccion up with surprising strength. "The things I do for the Primera... I suppose I'll bring her back to her palacio."

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Orc in the Playground

[Genoveva's Tower]

As Anita picks her up, Ruwa awakens, looking up to the fraccion bleary-eyed. "...Who're you? Why are you carrying me..." Despite her query she at least seems somewhat comfy.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Orc in the Playground

"...well, damn. I wasn't expecting that. Much."

Le sigh. It was a big bruiser, but Rouga felt like this one was even worse in the conversational department than most.

"You know, it ain't polite to drag a lady against her wishes into a dark place. And it's doubly stupid if you do that to the Ghost King's daughter. It's a race though, and I'm pretty slow, so I don't have the time to waste fooling around with you."

Rouga proves deceptively agile as he finishes talking, sprinting into Sonido. He was a big guy and it wasn't his specialty, but he didn't expect the alligator-like Hollow to be much faster.

Subtlety is the last thing on the Privaron's mind as he launches straight forward with a punch aimed at his opponent's face.

A punch charged with a Cero.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #1002

Anita Hart

"I am Anita, Fraccion to the Primera. I am returning you to the Octava, unless you have some sort of pressing business with Genoveva-Sama." Anita declares, stopping as she hears the sleep Fraccion begin to speak. "You are lucky that I found you before the Primera did."

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ettin in the Playground

[Segunda's Palacio]

"Oh, me and Miss Canguro here just went for a little picnic outside. To catch some fresh air"
    , Lalita replies cheerfully. "Well, I guess we sparred a little as well. I'm sorry to say this so soon, but I think we both ought to retreat to some quiet place to rest for a while. Would you happen to know of a good place, Master?"

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward, His Throne Room
    Edward stared firmly at Lalita in disbelief, clearly disappointed with his story. "I'm pretty sure you did more than merely picnicking and sparring considering how badly wounded you are. At least say something amusing if you're going to be dismissive of my inquiries. Like you had to fight a horde of giant feral ants to stop them from carrying your food and you away. Why don't you tell me what really happened? You know I normally let you do whatever you want so how about humoring me now?"

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Anita Hart

"I am Anita, Fraccion to the Primera. I am returning you to the Octava, unless you have some sort of pressing business with Genoveva-Sama." Anita declares, stopping as she hears the sleep Fraccion begin to speak. "You are lucky that I found you before the Primera did."
    [Genoveva's Tower]

Ruwa attempts to stand on her own. She looks at Anita rather business-like (though her face does sport a barely noticeable amount of pink). "...I do wisssh to ssspeak with the Primera. I apologize if I crossssed any boundariesss... I'm jussst a little tired." She bows in apology. At least she's wearing more clothes than usual.

[Palacio Primera]

The princess can barely manage coherent thought in response to being grabbed by a net. All that can really be telegraphed is that she is rather angry.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-24 at 03:46 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #1006

DrowGirl

[Segunda's Palacio]

Canguro smiled as she saw Edward, following Lalita into the room and bowing along with him. Letting Lalita talk because he had told her there was something he needed to say, she turned her attention to the Go-for gopher, watching the creature curiously, briefly wondering what it tasted like.

Upon hearing Lalita's question and Edward's response, she gave Lalita a small sideways glance. "I think there were some big ant-shaped hollows out in the sands. Hm... come to think of it, you do look a little more beat up than how you did the last time I saw you... I probably missed something while I slept."
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2011-02-24 at 04:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1007

Anita

Anita let the woman stand on her own.

"I... see. Please avoid breaking and entering in the future. Now, I don't think I have you scheduled for an appointment. Is this a pressing matter?" She asks, double-checking her clipboard.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Genoveva

Genoveva's waving a dismissive hand even before Vincente has finished, not even bothering to turn around to face Vincente as the hushed whispering at the back of everyone's attention takes on a particularly frenzied pitch as glowing waste is swapped for boiling water, but only for a couple moments.

"Time Ah ain't worried about an' Yaago can act in mah stead ta let ya down here an' help ya get everything running smoothly. He can also protect ya in case an inmate happens ta wander down here." she says smoothly, giving Sereg a short nod when the other moved to leave, already forgetting about his involvement from the look of things. A couple moments after wards though, Genoveva's sonar-like burst of reiatsu detection blares out, causing the Primera to frown. "One last ding Vincente, remember ta stay on task, eh? Yer here fer one reason only, don't get side-tracked by side projects or yer own curiosity while yer workin' down 'ere. Dis is a prison after all an' Ah'll need ta lock ya in when yer working ta maintain security. Seems Ah have guests though, feel free ta acquaint yerself wid what's down 'ere though."

With that, she turns and begins to amble back towards the surface, with the occasional blast of reiatsu detection heralding her arrival up towards the tower but at the sound of voices...she pauses, tilting an ear up towards the grate to listen in...

[Yaago Duarte, Fraccion to the Primera] (standing, resting on his large sword between Vincente and the door in the Primera's private prison after the Primera just exited)

Yaago flippantly looked to the exiting Sereg as he disrespected the Primera on his exit, but knowing his place he stayed firm in his stance resting his hands on the pommel of his upside down sword.

Yaago, immediately noticed the Primera's shift in concerns and watched her intently as she walked past him and back towards her chambers. He knew if it were dire in any way she would have said so, and as such he watched her go without even a nod to her on her exit. Instead Yaago looked on at Vincente from behind, waiting for the geek to leave or get to work.

As he stood watching he licked the sides of his lips a bit trying to search out a remnant of some blood from earlier on his tongue.

Speaking to Vincente, a low smug voice resounds in the room..."Ye gonna work now, or ye gonna stand around oggling my Primera's fine work?" he would look to Vincente his eyebrows furrowed as he still search his lips for soem old blood "...i don like babysittin anyone... especially science nerds..." he smiled a bit to himself "...so either get yer $h!t to work or get out...the Primera didnt bring you here for sight seeing..."

Yaago looked on to the Fraccion and shifted his weight slightly...peering at him from deepset nasty eyes...

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Anita

Anita let the woman stand on her own.

"I... see. Please avoid breaking and entering in the future. Now, I don't think I have you scheduled for an appointment. Is this a pressing matter?" She asks, double-checking her clipboard.
    [Genoveva's Tower]

Ruwa tries not to hesitate. "Uh, no... But it'sss important, all right. It'sss about the Octava." She somehow manages to keep that professional look about her.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-24 at 04:57 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

[Segunda's Palacio]

Lalita is a bit taken aback by Edwards words. "Wounded? Oh, this is just a little fleshwound", he says, looking bemused as he quickly hides his wounded arm behind his back. "Believe me, Master, I'd tell you if there was some interesting to tell. But I don't want to bore with a description of dozen similar battles. Suffice to say there was fighting, and lots of it." He gives Edward a slight bow, before glancing at Canguro.

"... I don't recall any ants, Miss. Are you sure you are not mixing them up with the termites we saw?"

21. - Top - End - #1011

Anita

"Regarding the Octava..." Anita recalls the incident between Mei and Genoveva; the look of fear as the Octava left the palacio. "V-very well then. We shall go see if she's busy or not. What do you need to speak to her about, if you don't mind me asking?" Anita turned around and began walking in the Primera's actual direction.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Orc in the Playground

[Genoveva's Tower]

"...Her whereabouts." Ruwa avoids lying; she just twists the truth slightly. It wouldn't do to get off on the wrong foot.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

When the two come back into the Primera's chamber, the grate that had been exposed in the middle of the floor was gone, replaced by smooth stone work as Genoveva lounges casually in her chair. Where she'd been isn't said though Anita can likely hazard the guess that she's been down into the Pits again.

"Ehhh? 'hat 'bout Mei has yer tail in a twist?" Genoveva says languidly, slitted gaze passing from this newest guest over to Anita as if wondering what business brought the rather neat and tidy fraccion to her attention today. Or at least what she might have missed that Anita would find annoying. There's only so much variety to someone's slit-eyed expressions after all. Instead of giving either much time to linger on puzzling it out, Genoveva sits up and stretches before propping up her head with one hand on her cheek.

"Well? Spit it out."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Orc in the Playground

[Genoveva's Tower]

Ruwa immediately kneels down. "Thank you for your time, G-g-genoveva-sssan..." She doesn't once look up. "Mei-chan... hasss been... um, let go. B-b-but I... um... I'm n-not Essspada m-m-material..." She's literally quaking in fear.

"...I'll d-d-do anything you w-w-want. I jussst want t-t-to have w-what it t-t-takesss to b-be an Essspada."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-24 at 06:26 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward, His Throne Room
    Edward acted awfully dismayed himself. "I can arrange a place for you and Canguro to rest undisturbed, as well as servants to attend to your wounds, but first I'd like you to tell me what happened that you became so injured in the first place. I don't remember you ever being this hurt before. I'm concerned about your welfare and absolutely horrified that you'd think I wouldn't care to hear your story. I thought we were best friends that could tell each other anything and yet here you are withholding things. Frankly I feel insulted. Has our entire friendship been a sham? A lie? A farce? Please say it isn't so..." He threw his head up and spoke to the ceiling. "Where did I go wrong?" Then the Segunda began to faint.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-24 at 06:50 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

Lalita lets Edward faint. He sighs and lifts his healthy hand to rub his temples.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward stops halfway through his fall, rights himself and sighs even more deeply. "Fine, fine. Be that way. I won't hold your behavior against you. I'm not vindictive. I don't hold a grudge. I don't judge. I'll show you straight to a nice spot deep within this place where you can relax." He turned to Canguro, plucked the gopher off his shoulder and handed it to her. "Go ahead, eat it." If Lalita has nothing more to say, Edward will lead him through his maze of a city to a grand room packed with all the amenities he could possibly want. The area around it is entirely devoid of people as far as the eye can see. "I shall fetch two servants to attend to all your needs. Go ahead inside and make yourselves at home."

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Genoveva

Vicente considers her words for a moment, before giving a slight nod.

"You can be assured, Lady Primera, that I when I am down here, my only goal and efforts will be towards achieving this enterprise you have laid out for me."

'As if I would abandon all other work and goals outside this terrible pit. Besides, much of the initial work will be automated.'

He watches her leave, not moving for a few moments...

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    [/SPOILER]
    [Yaago Duarte, Fraccion to the Primera] (standing, resting on his large sword between Vincente and the door in the Primera's private prison after the Primera just exited)

Yaago flippantly looked to the exiting Sereg as he disrespected the Primera on his exit, but knowing his place he stayed firm in his stance resting his hands on the pommel of his upside down sword.

Yaago, immediately noticed the Primera's shift in concerns and watched her intently as she walked past him and back towards her chambers. He knew if it were dire in any way she would have said so, and as such he watched her go without even a nod to her on her exit. Instead Yaago looked on at Vincente from behind, waiting for the geek to leave or get to work.

As he stood watching he licked the sides of his lips a bit trying to search out a remnant of some blood from earlier on his tongue.

Speaking to Vincente, a low smug voice resounds in the room..."Ye gonna work now, or ye gonna stand around oggling my Primera's fine work?" he would look to Vincente his eyebrows furrowed as he still search his lips for soem old blood "...i don like babysittin anyone... especially science nerds..." he smiled a bit to himself "...so either get yer $h!t to work or get out...the Primera didnt bring you here for sight seeing..."

Yaago looked on to the Fraccion and shifted his weight slightly...peering at him from deepset nasty eyes...

The Fraccion of the Cuarta turns slowly to regard Yaago. There is no fear in his eyes. No, there is only confidence.

For the are the eyes of a predator.

"I shall use small words, Yaago. Listen close: I. Am. Not. Prey. Do you hear me? Just because I am interested in more than mindless violence does not make me weak. You would do well to remember that. I have trained my mind and my body. As for how long I'll take on the task the Primera herself gave me, this session should only take a couple of minutes more. Assuming you do not interrupt."

With that, he turned and walked over the to coffin-like prison. Reaching into one of the pouches of his belt, he withdrew a device that would allow him to take a sample of the subject, before carefully sliding one of the small slots on the iron maiden open. He quickly reached the sampler in, got what he needed, and withdrew it, closing the door quickly as well.

Pulling a small clear container from another pouch, he dropped the bloody hunk of flesh into it, the short-term stasis field kicking into play immediately, preserving the precious sample. He tucked his other tool away, wiped his hands with a cloth he tossed to the side, and began walking out of the room. He'd generally memorized the way out, so he only just barely waited for Yaago.

"I am done down here for the day."

Not another word was spoken as he continued to leave.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

29. - Top - End - #1019

Palacio Quinta
    Top Floor

Fortunato stands looking out one of the windows of his primary chamber, his hands crossed behind his back. Behind him, a dour-faced Arrancar dressed in simple attire stands at attention. The Arrancar holds itself with a military bearing, staring straight forward without his eyes deviating. His Zanpakuto is a long, bronze-headed spear. The room has been silent since he was called almost five minutes ago. He almost starts, but controls himself as Fortunato finally speaks.

"Venator. You have heard of the warning?"

The subordinate Arrancar speaks in a gruff, matter of fact voice.

"Yes, sir."

He doesn't bother adding how arrogant it was, or any other excess statement. He knows it is irrelevant.

"As you can imagine, this is not acceptable. What I want you to do is find Mei. Pledge my support to her."

"Understood. She is hiding?"

"Yes."

"Do we have any intel?"

"I have reason to believe that she is in the Mortal World. Check locations of high spiritual activity; she may be seeking help."

"It shall be as you command."

Venator stretches one hand out, tearing open a Garganta and stepping through.

"Good hunting."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Edward stops halfway through his fall, rights himself and sighs even more deeply. "Fine, fine. Be that way. I won't hold your behavior against you. I'm not vindictive. I don't hold a grudge. I don't judge. I'll show you straight to a nice spot deep within this place where you can relax." He turned to Canguro, plucked the gopher off his shoulder and handed it to her. "Go ahead, eat it." If Lalita has nothing more to say, Edward will lead him through his maze of a city to a grand room packed with all the amenities he could possibly want. The area around it is entirely devoid of people as far as the eye can see. "I shall fetch two servants to attend to all your needs. Go ahead inside and make yourselves at home."
    Lalita bows to Edward again as he steps up to lead the way. He follows silenly in Segunda's wake, counting steps and examining his surroundings. His interest is purely practical, however - despite myriad paintings, sculptures, gardens and other decorations they walk past, his eyes never fix on any single item for long despite all their beauty. He just commits their rough location and sequence in memory so that he can find his way around if need be.

His face is stoic save for a faint, disillusioned frown. Maybe his stay in the palace has made him numb to such wonders?

When they arrive in their destination, Lalita looks over the room appraisingly and nods. "Thank you, Master", he says plainly, extending his senses to confirm a few things. He can't feel much of the palace life, and nothing from outside it. Good. That means few should be able to sense us either, he thinks. Still, the location has one weakness - it's still within limits of Segunda's sector. It wouldn't take a great leap of logic for someone to come looking for him.

Oh well. He'd just have to convince the servants to not spread any rumours. "Can I ask you one more favor, Master?", Lalita says before Edward leaves. "If someone comes looking for me, would you please tell them I'm out in the desert training? I'd be glad if you informed the servants as well"