New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: St. Trinian's WW

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yes.
    Did you like your role?
    Yes, although I don't think I ever got to use my ability.
    Do you think the rules were balanced?
    Not in the least. At least five Mason groups, nutty amounts of baning, bane and spy items that can be made ad nauseum, and a Spy, against wolves that are only loosely networked.
    What did you think of the items?
    fun but overpowered.
    How were the narrations?
    I don't really notice narrations, but it didn't seem too bad.
    Any improvements you would suggest?
    Spy is overpowered, and the even distribution of the wolves hurts them. We caught one because one faction had two people left in it (out of three originally), so one pointed at the other and we lynched him. I'd suggest random placement in the factions, with some roles that can use any abilities the distribution keeps them from having.

Change Emo to Goth; Emo was read as Eco several times by several people.

Send alignment roles separately from faction roles, it's a little confusing initially as to whether the faction is all on your side or not. I know one Sorority got lynched because he forwarded his role to the other faction members, who were not Sorority.

Add cooldowns to making items; even one-use items get overwhelming when there's three new ones a day.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Yes, although I don't think I ever got to use my ability.
    You kind of did use it on day one. The only reason I voted for you was so I wouldn't be suspected as Annabelle, since you'd have supposed to have four votes and so would be the day 1 linch instead of cd4.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Oh yes, though I was rather peeved that what seemed the one NK our side got, they used it on me. So much wasted potential.

Did you like your role?

Oh yes, it was really nice to be seer for once, though it was only for a day.

Not too well. I'll just comment on my own role: the Sorority Geek is at a major disadvantage. If Bushranger didn't accidentally reveal his alignment to us, we could have just spent Day 1 scrying each other in a circle, which will guarantee a hit on Sorority (ie. I scry Lex, Lex scrys Bush, Bush scrys me, there's no way for the Sorority to hide). And then the gig is up for the Sorority Seer. Even if he reveals the roles of the two loyal Seers, there are enough loyal Baners to keep the Seers alive. Each loyal scry would get the complete list of that faction as it's a mason group, so the two Seers would pretty much know everyone's roles by Day 2-3, and then can pick out the priority Sorority members (Voiders/Baners/etc). Of course, Sorority can counter by having their Baner reveal Baner roles, and then it's pretty much just mass reveals... It's a pretty big powder keg, and I'm glad it did not come out into a reveal fest.

Never got to use any.

How were the narrations?

I liked the non-lethal solutions, let's the players keep doing stuff if they wished, and a good change of pace.

Lose the networks, I think. Start everyone blind, with just Sorority leader knowing a few roles, to prevent mass mason mayhem.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Pixie in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yes.

Did you like your role?
    Never been a voider before, so I was just striking out at random until I realized it could hurt me. But by that point there were too many banes for me to be effective. Twice my night kill was blocked.

The Spy made the game too hard for the wolves, even though I had a REALLY strong gut feeling about VA_beds. The first night Tasroth said there were 8 wolves, and only 7 votes. By the time VA came out as a wolf, I knew the other 7 (half were dead, I started knowing Duneyrr, and cd4 cleverly hinted at his identity in the anonymous PM's).

If you continue and keep the spy, lose the robes, and make it so the Spy can be scried correctly, possibly randomly, or only by the SL.

There were too many items. Looking at your list, there were enough banes to keep EVERYONE safe from night kills at the end.

How were the narrations?
    I thoroughly enjoyed them.

I agree with what everyone else has said: limit the networks, and let the SL ferret out the Spy.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tasroth View Post
    Survey Time!

Did you enjoy the game?
    yep

Did you like your role?
    to be honest it could be a bit boring to be the normal one, but someone have got to do it.
    interesting enough I was the only one without some kind of ability still alive after day 5

I am not experienced enough in werewolf games to answer this question, but for what its worth I felt like it was semi balanced until the VA-beds revealed himself.

I had one for the entire game which I only got to use for the last day.

How were the narrations?
    they where fun, and fitting. Thumbs up!

I agree with the suggestions already given
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Barbarian in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game? Yup
    Did you like your role? Vanilla Villager. Got a couple of items which I probably should have passed to the network.
    Do you think the rules were balanced? Can't really comment
    What did you think of the items? They were okay. Production was high.
    How were the narrations? Good
    Any improvements you would suggest? Nope.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yes I had a lot of fun. This was in part due to a couple things.
    1) It was awesome just to start knowing two other players and knowing one of them was the traitor.
    2) I ended up adopting part of (or maybe all of, I'm still not sure) the network IF had. By the end our network was Istari, Lex-kat, Qwaz, Leta, and myself. Had to work on trust issues from both Lex and Qwaz so it took me about a day longer than it needed to to actually get everyone communicating directly. Of course I probably would have had trust issues too if they weren't able to pretty much immediately prove they were who they said. Heck Qwaz even came to me with a quote of something I said to IF in pm. By the end we knew we were pretty much invisible as we had two baners, a seer, an item maker who could make extra banes, and someone to act as a seer proxy. Mind you I don't think it's wrong to feel like we're absolutely going to win with such a large group so late in the game.
    3) There was a nice amount of RP from the players. I wish I had RPed a bit more but I was sick for two weeks.
    Did you like your role?
    Yeah it was fun. It was interesting to constantly feel like I could protect people but I was constantly nervous because I knew I couldn't protect everyone that needed it (till the last two days).
    Well Kelly was probably unbalanced. Can't personally say for sure. Cd4 was already on our list of suspects by that point anyway.
    I thought the items were great. You're probably right about there being too many mystery traps.
    How were the narrations?
    Excellent. Including stuff from our posts was really nice. The nonlethal kills made a lot more sense for the setting and they were all pretty funny.
    Probably get rid of Kelly. If you include day baners this should probably end up being a Sorority role that can steal day banes maybe once every three days (doesn't need to target anyone), if you don't perhaps someone that can just make people immune to items (for better or for worse).

Make another faction for the Loyal girls so that everyone has a power role of some kind. Maybe item thieves? Maybe day baners? No idea how balanced that'd be, just throwing the idea out there.

As for item decisions you could limit it by simply stating that you can't make the same item for two more nights.

The Sorority baner should be able to day bane instead or if you add a day baner faction just unbane people (works on both night and day banes).
    I don't think you should have more than one unbane thing going on.

Oh, add trophies. Everyone likes shiny trophies.

Edit: Hmmmm people have mentioned the prevalence of networks and they're probably right. You should make it so that every person knows the faction of maybe one or two other random people. This means you don't need to randomly assign Sorority and can still keep 1 per faction as the other two of that faction wouldn't necessarily know who the others in their faction were.

Edit 2: And yeah gotta agree you should just call the baners Goths to limit confusion.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2010-11-28 at 07:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    While I was alive I was having a lot of fun. I got a scry item, a cloak, and a costume box (though I never got to use it ). I found a wolf all on my own and eventually helped get him lynched. The worst part for me was having to watch myself get lynched and not being able to do anything. More on that below, though.
    Did you like your role?
    Even though I was just a villager I was having a lot of fun with all the items I got. Speaking of items, did I just get lucky with getting items or were people targeting me? And who hit me with the mushroom?
    No, not really. I've got nothing else to say that hasn't already been said, though.
    The cloak was pretty pointless because I didn't learn anything from it. Maybe if you got some of the anonymous messages it would be more powerful and keep the sorority from bonding too quickly. Also, I didn't like the mushroom very much. It really sucked that I couldn't say anything while being lynched. Anything that prevents a player from participating in discussion doesn't really add to the game, it just takes away. But, that's more of a minor thing.
    How were the narrations?
    I liked them. The injuries were always funny to read.
    Hmm..... I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said or that I didn't say in the above post.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yep. First werewolf game I ever played. I like the cold hard logic involved.

Did you like your role?
    Sure interesting. Peeved me at first that I didn't have anyone I could reliably try to pass items to...why I waited to watch the outcome of the Internet flea/bushranger day 3 saga before getting in touch with anyone.

No. The village had a big advantage in know that there was a sorority in every faction. When Murska went down I *Knew* Spacebic was sorority. That hurt them. The spy hurt them. Even when i had noone to pass them to aI crafted mystery traps most of the time because they'd help in the hands of a loyal and not hurt in the hands of a sorority...that hurt them.

Mystery trap was too tempting to craft over and over. A hooded cloak would be nice to use at leasdt once to see how many sorority you're shooting for...etc.

How were the narrations?
    I kept mentally stumbling when being refered to as a she but apart from that it was fine.

Balance wise I'd suggest having the factions (mason groups) not knowing each other. Fluff wise doesn't fit I know but if you start out completely in the dark then the sorority are less vulnerable. I couldn't speak as to the spy role. Seems the sorority needs a better/more reliable method of getting into contact than the anonymous PM's
    As some have said maybe each item has a 2 day cooldown to prevent flooding? Or possible Eco-Freaks can only craft every other night?
    Possibly worth having less people with power roles in general for a game this size too (not less roles, just less people with those roles).
    The mushroom should maybe not exist though...or at least it's silencing aspect.

Speaking of. Tydude, the mushroom was me. I do apologise. As IF said. We thought we'd caught you in a lie due to the Eco/Emo mix up. We thought you were trying to infiltrate and lead IF astray so we naturally pegged you as sorority and started a lynch on you. On the plus side It helped me to trust Vegetalss4 cos I knew he'd been working with IF and willing to start a wagon for him. I silenced you to make the lynch go smoothly; something which IF and myself later regretted.
    However. Had we actually caught you in a lie, silenced and lynched a soroity like that though...perfect storm
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2010-11-28 at 11:37 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yes. I was sad that I had to help lynch Bushranger day 2 though.

Did you like your role?
    Loved it. And then I got to roleplay cheerleaders with BR and Ghanz, which apparently annoyed some others.

I was messing up something horrible at the beginning.

And VA Beds, were you surprised to find that I was the Seer?

As others have mentioned, as well as yourself, no.

I suggest a different method than some others have.

1) Keep the mini-mason groups. 1 Loyalist, 1 Sorority, and 1 Wannabe.

2) The Loyalist Seer scries the Sorority and Wannabe Seers as the Wannabe Seer. The Wannabe Seer scries the Loyalist & Sorority Seer as the Loyalist Seer.

This way only the Sorority Seer knows who she is. But a Scry Item will reveal the truth, no matter who uses it.

3) Wannabe's are Fools, and Anti-whatevers. But, of course, they don't know this. Until proven otherwise, they think they could be the Loyalist.

4) Reverse the "Karen" role, giving her to the Sorority, with a different name.

Make it so the Eco-Freaks can only make one item every so many nights. And the Sorority Eco-Freaks can make a Night Kill weapon for her sisters. But the other Girls cannot make that.

Whatever the Wannabe makes, is junk, and has a % chance of blowing up in the users face.

How were the narrations?
    I found them amusing, and enjoyable.

Oh. I think I mentioned them in the other answers.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-11-29 at 04:53 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

11. - Top - End - #281
    Firbolg in the Playground

OK, so as people may have noticed, I was not so much a co-narrator in this game as I was a rules consultant (OK, they probably didn't notice that, but I imagine they noticed I never posted in the thread before now). So, my thoughts:

No. I must admit that some of the problems with the factions all knowing each other were the kind of thing I was afraid might happen. It's just that when looking at the rules, I couldn't think how they'd happen, I just thought there might be such problems. Balancing complicated games is tricky, and I think Tasroth rather overestimated my abilities in that regard.

Definitely a problem with over-production.
    Regarding Tydude's complaint about the magic mushrooms, I disagree. Yes, it's annoying not being able to post in your own defense, but the ability to silence your opponents can be very useful. It's an interesting option to have and there are several precedents for its inclusion.
    Admittedly, there can be variants, e.g. target can post, but cannot point. Or, given the nature of this specific instance, the target could be left uninformed of the mushrooms until after they've worn off. So they act normally, but everything they do gets redirected because they're hallucinating. Could be an idea.

Remove Kelly, as seems to be the general consensus. Remove the anonymous messaging, since that was only there to allow the Sorority to communicate without revealing all their identities to Kelly, also it's annoying for the narrator.
    Lex's suggestions look good and interesting. I'd also consider my above suggested alteration to the mushrooms, but it's not that important.
    Another possibility is if we/you can come up with a different ability for the Eco-freaks, then items could only be introduced to the game by the narrator.
    A Sorority Emo being able to 'unbane' someone is a possibility, but I'm not sure how useful that'd be. They should probably have something else, though, since the only Loyal night kill ability is the twins.
    Hmm. A possibility, which would also work as the ability for a Sorority Eco-freak's mystery trap, would be to give a chance of death for anyone else using a night action on the same target. Or possibly just one person doing so. Also possibly negate said action(s). Likelihood of negating action should be less if likelihood of death is more.

To those saying the Emos should be called Goths, while I personally would definitely say they are Goths, their introduction in the first film is as follows:
    "Those are the Goths."
    "We're not Goths, we're Emos."

So I don't think that's being changed. Deal with the confusion.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you're considering making item introduction narrator only I'd suggest that rather than giving the eco freaks a different ability you simply remove them entirely. The game is plenty complicated enough and I already mentioned that there probably should be a few more vanilla villagers/wolves.

Edit - Just noticed! All that work to make mystery traps and cd4 was hoarding 3 of them! lol
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2010-11-30 at 05:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

Actually it was one of the crazy things about the last night. cd4 hadn't had a single item all game, then of the 5 items that needed to be redistributed at the end of Night 7, he got 4 of them.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    If you're considering making item introduction narrator only I'd suggest that rather than giving the eco freaks a different ability you simply remove them entirely. The game is plenty complicated enough and I already mentioned that there probably should be a few more vanilla villagers/wolves.

Edit - Just noticed! All that work to make mystery traps and cd4 was hoarding 3 of them! lol
    When I became the SL, I also got a hooded robe. O_o

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
    When I became the SL, I also got a hooded robe. O_o
    That's not necessarily a bad thing. If I used my TNT Key on you and saw you had a Robe, I might have mistaken you for a Loyalist. Plus, it's one robe that won't end up in Loyalist hands.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

My sugggestions, for Factions and Items only. Tell me what you guys think.

Factions

Geeks: The masterminds behind the St. Trinian’s surveillance network, and generally the brains of the operation. They are at home with all forms of technology and anything involving numbers, and can make use of their computer skills to check on their fellow students. Every night each of them may check the personal file on one player and therefore discover their role (Seer).
    Loyalist: Scries both the Sorority and Wannabe Geeks as Wannabe Geek.

Sorority: Scries the Loyalist and Wannabe Geeks as Loyalist Geek.

Wannabe: Scries everything wrong, just like the typical Fool.

Emos: Or possibly Goths. Either way, they wear black, have lots of pale make-up, sometimes sleep in coffins, and have a death fixation. Since they can be quite creepy and tend to stay up all night, they can guard fellow students (or themselves) from harm. Every night each of them may choose one player to protect. That player cannot be killed during the night phase (Baner).
    Sorority: Day Baner

Wannabe: Bane-Breaker- Any Bane (Night, Day, or Item) is broken if the Wannabe Emo points at the Day Baned during the day, or "Banes" the Night Baned during the night.

Posh Totties: Rich, attractive, and thick as two short planks. If you want to hear about celebrities, fashion, and cute boys, these are the girls to talk to. If on the other hand you want an intelligent conversation, you may have to look elsewhere. Still, they are experts at being distracting (although they don’t always mean to). Every night each of them may target one player. That player is so distracted that they lose any night actions they were attempting (Voider).
    Sorority: No difference here.

Wannabe: Always voids a Random player.

Rude Girls: All bad attitude and bling, these girls would probably have dropped out of any other school. At St. Trinian’s though they get left alone, and they have their uses. When one of them is targeted by pointing or the night kill vote, the total number of votes against them is reduced by two.
    Sorority: Tie Breaker- Vote acts as two.

Wannabe: Not so Rude- Your vote is one.

Eco Freaks: Green and keen, the eco freaks are big on recycling, sustainable energy, and all the other big environmental issues. They also keep the school Tuck TNT shop. They are experts at making pretty much anything from whatever they can find lying around. Every night each of them may create one item (see below). If they wish, they may also attempt to pass it to a specific player with a 50% success rate. If this fails, or they choose not to, the item goes to a random player as normal.
    Sorority: May create one additional item, that the Wannabe and Loyalist cannot, the Homing Beacon. But, they lose the ability to create Mystery traps.

Wannabe: Anything they make, has a 50% chance of being worthless. And an additional 25% chance of actually hurting the user.
    {table]1-25|Item Works
    26-75|Item Breaks
    76-100|Item Hurts[/table]
    If the item Hurts its user, the user gains an additional vote against them the next Day Phase. So if they use two Wannabe items, and they both Hurt them, then they gain two votes against them.

Items Creation Cooldown.

C4
    Some of the things the girls of St. Trinian’s have done have required explosives, and this is the one remaining block after the last time. This item does not need to be used. If the player carrying the C4 is killed, one of the people targeting them is blown up along with them (Beast).

Hooded Robe*- 2 Night Cooldown
    Since all the members of the Sorority of Order attend their meetings in hooded robes to hide their identity, any loyal St. Trinian who gets hold of one can sneak in. Using this item allows a loyal St. Trinian to vote for the night kill for that night, and they receive all the same information the Sorority members do at the end of the night. The robe is automatically lost if it is used.
    Sorority users are instead hidden from the Loyalist Seer's Scry for one night. They scry as a random living player's role.

Trinski
    One of the twins’ biggest sources of income, they’ve gotten pretty good at making this vodka. Of course, early batches did have unfortunate side effects, such as bitter aftertaste, people going blind after two glasses, and one lady that died. If you can find a way of administering it to someone, they tend not to be particularly focused for a while. The target of this item loses any night action they may have (Void). A single bottle may only be used once.

Magic Mushrooms*- 2 Night Cooldown
    Hallucinogenic mushrooms grown by the eco freaks, the effects they have on people are… interesting. The target of this item cannot post in the game thread during the following Day and Night phases. Any actions they can take (point, night kill vote, night actions) are used against a random target. If this is used on one of the twins, their assassin kill is simply voided; it cannot be used randomly (as the other twin is caring for her hallucinating sister). A single portion of mushrooms may only be used once.

Tuck TNT Shop Key
    The school tuck shop (often known as the TNT shop) contains records of which students have what items, so anyone able to sneak in during the night can check them without anyone realising. A TNT shop key allows you to find out what items are held by another player.
    No longer makable, it moves to a new player every night, whether used or not.

Costume Box*- 1 Night Cooldown
    The box contains a collection of costumes from school plays, “lost” property and garments sewn together from scraps. You can use it to disguise two players as each other. The next Day phase, all points against one of them count against the other and vice versa. Both targets are informed they have been disguised but not who as.

Lock Picks*- 1 Night Cooldown
    Lock picks are fairly prevalent at St. Trinian’s, and most of the girls know how to use them. Therefore the fact that many of the students store possessions in locked boxes only makes it more difficult to steal them, not impossible. A set of lock picks allows you to steal one, maybe all of another player’s items.
    It's no longer automatically All of a player's items. If a player has access to TNT Shop Key and the Lock Picks, she is able to steal All of her victims loot.

If she uses the TNT Shop Key one night, then uses the Lock Picks one night thereafter, she may choose one of the items to steal. If it's no longer there, she gains a random item, if there is still one to gain.

If she uses the Lock Picks without using the TNT Shop Key, she gains a random item, if there is one to gain.

Escape Kit*- 2 Night Cooldown
    This kit contains grappling hooks, energy-efficient super fuel for a getaway car, and all manner of other things useful for getting away in a hurry. You can use it yourself or lend it to someone else. The target cannot be lynched during the next Day phase (Day-Bane). The kit may only be successfully used once.

Hidden Camera
    The geeks have rigged up a whole network of cameras throughout the school, many of them in unusual places. And sometimes you can get hold of one which can be moved around. This allows you to watch a player to learn their role (Scry).

Mystery Trap*- 3 Night Cooldown
    It’s amazing what you can create with so little. The Eco-Freaks can create a variety of inventive traps out of pretty much anything, perfect for catching people off guard. The trap can be set up to protect one player during the night phase (Bane). If it is successful, both the attacker(s) and the owner of the trap are informed. Each trap may only be successfully used once.
    Sorority Eco-Freaks Cannot make.

Homing Beacon*- 3 Night Cooldown.
    The Sorority have developed their own little tool to get past any protection the Loyalist may have. The use of a beacon turns an ordinary Night Kill attempt into an Unstoppable Night Kill. Homing Beacon is destroyed after use.
    Sorority Eco-Freaks Only

*These items may be created by the Eco-Freaks
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-11-30 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Added description for Cooldown.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

I'm really not in favor of the wannabe idea. Having one fool in a game makes sense. Having several is going to make it too chaotic and basically will instead of having the game balanced towards the loyals winning would just be balanced towards the sorority winning. If people are randomly voiding and killing themselves and some random other person with c4 that blew up in their face strategy of any kind for either side can never be more long term than a single night.

Also I don't like the homing beacon because it means one fraction of a Sorority Eco Freaks power would trump the entirety of an Emo's power. If bane circumventing is to be included I think that should be the entirety of that player's power.

And if we're adding cooldowns to items you should add at least a one night cooldown to all items.

Oh, and if we're forced to call the Emo's emos and not Goths than we could make things clearer by just referring to the Eco Freaks as Freaks when sending pms and such.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2010-11-30 at 07:32 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

It's a creation Cooldown.

If you already have 3 Mystery Traps, you can use two one night, and the third the next.

The point of the wannabe's is to make it harder to find the Sorority.

As for the Homing Beacon, it still depends on the vote.

If only one person, the Sorority using the Homing Beacon, votes to kill Internet Flea, but the majority of Sorority votes to kill Eternal Drifter, and Eternal Drifter is Baned, the kill doesn't go through, and the Homing Beacon has been used.

Also, the Loyalist Geek still scries everyone except the Sorority and Wannabe Geeks as exactly who they are.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

They don't just make it harder to find the sorority though. They make it harder to enact any plan whatsoever.

And your example doesn't include the possibility that the Sorority knows that IF is a seer and the baners know that the Sorority know. In that case as I said before, a fraction of what a Sorority Eco Freak could do would outweigh the entirety of what the baner could. So basically late game Sorority Eco Freaks would basically make late game baners useless. As baners are already of limited worth before a seer finds them. So it would end up with only 1 baner who was useful for only the middle section of the game.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2010-11-30 at 07:53 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I'm really not in favor of the wannabe idea. Having one fool in a game makes sense. Having several is going to make it too chaotic and basically will instead of having the game balanced towards the loyals winning would just be balanced towards the sorority winning. If people are randomly voiding and killing themselves and some random other person with c4 that blew up in their face strategy of any kind for either side can never be more long term than a single night.
    Not sure how Sorority powers would influence it, but GOOH Stalker had plenty of fool types and ended with a crushing win for town.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Not sure how Sorority powers would influence it, but GOOH Stalker had plenty of fool types and ended with a crushing win for town.
    Still, it confuses the hell out of things until the Fool either gets proof his power does not work right or is dead, and in a game without a large number of people this revelation could come very late and pretty much invalidate a lot of cooperation. It encourages a lot of psychology, but not a lot of team-play, in my opinion.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanz Nmi View Post
    That's not necessarily a bad thing. If I used my TNT Key on you and saw you had a Robe, I might have mistaken you for a Loyalist. Plus, it's one robe that won't end up in Loyalist hands.
    The exact opposite happened! I used my shop key on Zanshin at random. Saw he had a hooded robe and assumed that since he wasn't using it...he therefore had no need to and that was because he was sorority.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

The exact opposite happened! I used my shop key on Zanshin at random. Saw he had a hooded robe and assumed that since he wasn't using it...he therefore had no need to and that was because he was sorority.
    Darn it I TRIED to use it (wear it over my normal hooded robe maybe?) and Tas said I couldn't, but as long as I had it no one else could use it.

Then I lost it that night anyway randomly!!!

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Really? I would've assumed he was waiting for the right time. :P I would have waited a few days myself, since Day 1 is usually a confusing mess that probably won't result in anything anyway.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanz Nmi View Post
    Really? I would've assumed he was waiting for the right time. :P I would have waited a few days myself, since Day 1 is usually a confusing mess that probably won't result in anything anyway.
    That was around Day 5.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground

It was fun, I died to soon and sisters forever Zar P !

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think the major reason I'd of wanted to use it was to peg how many sorority there were left!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yeah, I did. Too bad I slipped up and didn't get to enjoy it for longer, but oh well.
    *hugs Lex*

Did you like your role?
    Yup.

Dunno. Didn't get to play long enough.

How were the narrations?
    They were great.

As I pointed out via PM when I realised my mistake, making clearer who's who in the role PMs would be a good thing. Otherwise, the others have said things a lot better than I could.

Although another improvement would be to get STWW2 on the way ASAP.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items