Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC

Grimmgang
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Dead...I suppose it does make sense that way, you don't feel pain after all when your hair is cut. Toe- and fingernails then..." He scowls, trying to wrap his mind around the incantricities of healing magic small print. "Eh, I give up. Though I bet some priests consider this a fascinating topic to ponder."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think we can conclude the grooming now. Now potentially useful string of conversation about people of interest to us to pick up and Grimmgang is rather bad at changing the topic in an inconspicuous manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hmm. I'll have to check with my associate. Could I maybe talk you down to say...70 a week for your services, in addition to the 35 a week to mask the stones?"
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, I am sure they do. For me, it is enough to know how it affects my craft. Speaking of which..." Thomas finishes securing your braid, and sweeps away the covering cloth with a smooth flourish that somehow avoids making a mess of the floor.

"It seems we are finished with that. The charge will be five of gold. It has been a pleasure; Host forbid you encounter any more accidents, but should the worst occur, do please return. I always welcome a challenge to my skills."

Daiya:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Matthias grins from behind a cup of tea. "I'm sure we can arrange an alternate method of payment to cover the difference. I will think on it before we next meet. On that note, when are you planning to depart? Shall we meet here again at the same time tomorrow, or do you have further planning to do?"
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dwarf counted out five gold pieces, parting with the coin happily for the service provided. Yeah, if something like this happens again I don't think there'll be anything left for you to test your skills on. I'll have this grow a couple decades, so forgive me for hoping I won't have to visit this place again until it is run by your son who speaks fondly of his dear old father, gods bless him. But I will recommend your expertise to any dwarf around here in need of care. You'll know when they say Grimmgang Thunderbreaker sent them." He departed, giving Drasil a short hand signal to follow.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Tomorrow should be fine. If not, I'll find some way to let you know. If I'm not here, check for a message with the proprietor first." Daiya finishes her tea and light meal, leaving a few coins on the table to cover the cost, then bids Mattias farewell and leaves to rendezvous with the others.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Xaxhan/Shard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cay departs with a few words on where to meet again if necessary; it seems the River Dragon, contrary to its name, sails between Regalport to Adderport on a regular basis, and he can usually be found on its decks at night when they're in port.

After a fruitful afternoon at the Pirate Exchange, you meet again in the Ghallanda house's common room - thankfully, it seems that no one has had to face down any... barbarians, and everyone arrives in more or less the same shape they left, Grimmgang's newly thinned and braided beard aside. The house is as crowded as seems usual, but there are always a few empty tables this early, as well as room at the bar.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-10-30 at 10:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Troll in the Playground

The party was silent, all eyes upon Grimmgang. Finally it was Shard who bravely broke the silence.

"Well...with your beard shortened, it certainly does make you seem...taller." the crystal warrior ventured.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think it looks more distinguished. Less shaggy. So, Xaxhan, Shard. Any news from the merchants?"

Daiya orders a drink and settles in to hear what they others had found before sharing her findings.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

"As it turns out, our wayward gnome artificer is also something of a pirate. According to the source we found however, he has been missing some six month now. He was last seen in what was described as his 'home port,' which happens to be the very same Port Verge that the Claw seem to be operating out of. We did get a lead on his closest confederates there, a group known as 'The Sea Wyverns,' who have apparently set up shop beneath the olfactories of the local monarch, Coal-Berk-ahn. Apparently he has been having trouble maintaining control over his area, which may be why he has turned to our undead-dallying adversaries."

Shard turned to Daiya. "What of your mission? Were you able to locate the Emerald Claw's spy once again?"
    Last edited by TekHed; 2012-11-03 at 06:05 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang thankfully noticed when they started talking about the substantial stuff; if he kept grinding his teeth like that(Taller? LESS SHAGGY?) he might well have to visit a dentist next.
    "Missing six months in a place like this usually means dead. Or running from some powerful guys you offended or borrowed money from. Which also often means dead. I guess we can check out these Wyverns, but if we get no lead on our merry little gnome we may have to look for other options."

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Troll in the Playground

"Our contact Cay was adamant that were he dead, there would be news of it throughout Lhazzar."

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

"I fail to see how it would if he was just dumped into the sea with some heavy chains, but whatever. Let's give it a shot."

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

"And as to our spy, I did manage to find him. Or rather, he found me. But what's important is that I think I'll be able to hire his services. He asks for Sending Stones to contact us, as well as a charge to disguise them and of course his personal charges. Altogether we would be looking at 105 a week, with further negotiations to follow tomorrow."

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

"Go for it, his abilities seem useful and I'd rather deny the Claw such a tool. He didn't sound that attached to them anyway, and we killed his primary contact, so I doubt it's a trick.

Still need to do a little shopping run once our plans are clear. How's that healing wand holding up Shard?"

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright. I'll need a little of our collective coin to get him some Sending Stones for emergencies and pay for the first few weeks; and I'll set up a system where I contact him every--say week?--for regular updates."

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Troll in the Playground

"...with standing instructions to contact us immediately if he finds we are being tailed, or about to be intercepted." Shard added. In response to Grimmgang's query, Shard held up the ruby bracers of it's left arm and a pulse of light flowed into two of the jagged ridges there.

"One is slightly less than half full, the other slightly more. I'd say we are still well equipped for any troubles we may face for the next leg of this quest."

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaxhan seemed a bit disoriented, perhaps having drunk too much Lhazaar rum. He nodded at Shard's comments. "Aye, what Shiny here says is true. But Grimmgang's right. Something doesn't add up. Few pirates stay dormant for so long; I hope he isn't already dead or worse. The contact seemed honest, at least. I wonder if we could try and scry this Thraxis fellow. I may swing by Irelia's again, and see how she's doing. I need to get some shopping done, myself." He glances over at Grimmgang, taking in the dwarf's appearance as though for the first time. He smiles broadly before slightly slurring, "Nice haircut, Grimm. You'll be the envy of Droaamish kobolds everywhere."

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Daiya thinks for a moment, then shakes her head.
    "I'm afraid that scrying is not in my skills. Tends to involve sight, and when I was learning to use magic, I never truly expected I'd ever be able to see. Nor did my instructor."

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Troll in the Playground

"And to think, all it took was dying..."

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

At Xaxhan's remark Grimmgang reflexively felt insulted, chest raising and eyes narrowing; alas, having not the slightest idea what kobolds - or anyone for that matter - from Droaam have to do with his haircut made it a little harder to properly express the indignation. "I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, but your smirk says it all. Watch your step, or I make an effigy from your hair next time it falls out when you turn into a stinking troglodyte. I hear some shamans can do interesting things with that."

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Troll in the Playground

Or better yet! We could collect the hair, and have it woven into a beard-wig you could wear until your own hair grows back in. It would be a slver beard-wig of course, but I hear tell that color is a mark of distinguishment among aging meat-bodies...perhaps the secret of Xaxhan's charm!
    Last edited by TekHed; 2012-11-11 at 05:23 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaxhan sneers momentarily, preparing a rejoinder for Grimmgang, when he hears Shard's response and immediately begins laughing. "A... ha ha... a beard wig?" he inquired, nearly breathless with hilarity. "Yes, and Grimmgang surely wants to distinguish himself among all the other 'meat-bodies.' Shard, you should offer your services as court jester to every kingdom between the Principalities and Breland, for yours is a talent so unique, none could hope to replicate it." He clapped Grimmgang good-naturedly on the back before continuing, "C'mon, you gruff bastard. We've more work ahead, it's true, but at least let me buy you an ale or whatever drink you fancy before we're off to endanger our lives again. One for Daiya too, and Shard can have whatever it is he drinks. This one is on me." With that, he slapped a few coins onto the bar and gestured toward the server, indicating that he wanted another round of drinks.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

"Word of advice, 'bastard' is a word you better don't use in a casual way again, or your chin goes from 'chiseled' to 'gravel'. And I'll take dark beer."

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wine for me, thanks. And please do try to play nice, friends. We can't really afford to be at each others' throats right now."

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, it would seem that we yet have a couple of errands to run. Aside from the aforementioned shopping, we still need to approach Prince Rygar before departing for this Port Verge. Our agenda is to inform about the activities of the Emerald Claw as they pertain ti his enemies, and to inquire about a map. Did I miss anything?"

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

"Right, almost forgot about the map. Err, when approaching him, take care not to offend him." He shifts in his seat uncomfortably; other rulers did worse for smaller insult, but still the tale of the barber hit uncomfortably close to home given recent events. "So to the prince then, all together? We still got the shopping run to take care of, and Daiya has to meet the spy again. Tomorrow, you said? Best tarry not too long, sooner we set sail the better."

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

"Tomorrow we will stay here as well; the day after we should leave provided everything is accounted for. If I might be so bold, I can cast Sending on my own now. Could we perhaps save ourselves a little coin and use our allotted Sending Stones for our spy? Also, I'll need some money for his pay, as I've said before."

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, fine, dump him three of our Sending Stones and a week's pay from each. It's not a dragon's hoard, but we got a decent amount of coin to spend as is.
    But I'd prefer to depart as soon as you concluded business with the fellow, every day counts. They're likely gathering new troops as we speak."

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Troll in the Playground

"Agreed. Finish our errands today. See if we can gain an audience with the Prince. Tomorrow, Daiya meets with our new friend first thing and we set out as early as possible. Much time has been lost already, and this mark upon my visage feels strange...perhaps what you would call an itch."

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

After an afternoon of shopping and miscellany, you converge on the Rusty Anchor, the wide-open doors providing an inviting, if slightly cacophonic, stream of songs and cheers. Although the tavern is three stories high, the ground floor is by far the liveliest; two violinists are just descending from what appears to be an open stage along one wall, greeted by several waves and cries of appreciation, and a loud cheer goes up as you search for a table, the cause apparently being a high score of some sort at the knife-throwing alley. Even some kind of arm-wrestling competition appears to be taking place at a long table, and it is clear that the taps are flowing freely all around.

The raised and railed platform near the center of the room is full as well, giving its occupants a good view of the evening's entertainment. Although their dress, overall, is a cut above the rest of the patrons', they are, for the most part, just as enthusiastic as anyone else. The violinists appear to have been invited up for a drink with one who is presumably Rygar, judging from the subtle deference everyone seems to offer, but he shows little of the reserved manner typical of rulers, leaning over the railing to congratulate one of the knife-throwers as she returns from the alley even as you watch.

The well-polished bar is nearly full, a half-elven lad mixing and pouring drinks with remarkable alacrity behind it. The two floors above are closer to a pair of balconies, the tables providing a distant view of those below, and they seem to be a good deal quieter than the ground floor, perhaps designed for patrons who prefer a bit less shouting in their evenings out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei