New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Something I didn't mention, as you only asked about Siddies and the Yozi.

What are the Realm doing while an Infernal becomes an avatar of his primordial power? Because they're going to be doing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Here's a question- Who are the Primordial Exalted and the Jadeborn? My ST and I were discussing RotSE in passing, and they came up as part of the "ultimate win condition" of Exalted, so... Yeah. The only things I can think of would be the Infernals and Jade Alchemicals, but.. That doesn't really seem to fit.

Oh, and happy holidays, by the way. Uh... I mean.. "Feast of Sol's Ascension"?
    Last edited by Mattarias, King.; 2010-12-25 at 08:03 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

Primordal Exalted is a catch-all term for those Exalted empowered by a Primordal. The Infernal Exalted (both types), Alchemical Exalted and, technically, the Terrestrial Exalted, though the last one's pretty tenuous. I don't count the Abyssals because I don't consider the Neverborn primordials in the same way I don't consider ghosts human.

The Jadeborn are one of the Creations of Autochthon, and are, basically, dwarfs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    The Jadeborn are one of the Creations of Autochthon, and are, basically, dwarfs.
    With superpowers.

And I'm closer to call them Warhammer-like Dwarfs than D&Dish dwarfs, who are much more humbler.

And as far as I understand the concepts: Infernals are Primodial Exalts. Slightly watered down, but still.

Alchemicals are Primodial Exalts ... but Autochton is paranoid and they are powerd up not so directly as Infernals. That's the reasoning behind them having separate set of charms from Great Maker. Alchemical splat confirms that almost no being possess Autochton's charms.

And lastly Dragon Blooded, wich are tied to several of the Gaia's 3rd circle souls. Wich seem to be on comparable power level to Incarnae, thus conclusion that they MAY reach the pinnacles of power occupied by Celestial Exalts someday. But it would require homebrew, and only is hinted at in Dreams of First Age splats. One of many theories and exercises forbidden offcially by Solar Deliberative.

Anyway it would require Terrestial to get Essence 9 to begin with.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Alchemicals possess some of Autochthon's Charms, such as his Sorcerous Enlightenment. They have to go through Voidtech to get it, of course.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, huh, so the Jadeborn are the... Uh... I forgot what this one NPC called them, but he was a first age Solar that was friends with a bunch of the dwarf dudes. So that's pretty cool.

Didn't know there were multiple types of Infernals, other than castes. Interesting.. Especially considering that the main villains in our game seems to be them..

Autochton is a pretty cool guy, from what I've seen. I like him.

Sorry for randomly asking these things, but what are the "Mandate of Heaven" rules people keep joking about, and why are they so bad?

7. - Top - End - #1087

GnomePirate

Mandate of Heaven are eXALTED rules for "managing" kingdoms and such ... wich wouldn't be so horryfing if not for the fact they are based on Exalted Mass Combat ruleset.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarias, King. View Post
    Sorry for randomly asking these things, but what are the "Mandate of Heaven" rules people keep joking about, and why are they so bad?
    They're in the Storyteller's guide, IIRC, and the entire ruleset gets broken in twain by one Solar Charm.

EDIT: Also, what ^ said, but on an even bigger timescale than normal stuff. So, you basically have to choose between months of activity and managing a kingdom.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2010-12-25 at 12:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Eeeeww.. Alright then, yeah, I can see why nobody would want to touch on those..

...Here's a question that's likely to come up in the future for me and my ST: In the Gods and Elementals book, it says that gods may be able to learn "other" charms, aside from Spirit Charms. Does anyone know what they're referring to, or if that's just a load of silliness meaning "Hey, you're an ST, if you wanna make NPC gods with Solar charms, we're not stopping ya"? How would this affect me when I ascend?

10. - Top - End - #1090

GnomePirate

As long as You have tutor and it doesn't conflict with Your portfolio You may learn charms wich aren't exclusive.

For example of Your guy. Learning fire charms should be fine, but healing/water charms are big no-no.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarias, King. View Post
    Eeeeww.. Alright then, yeah, I can see why nobody would want to touch on those..

...Here's a question that's likely to come up in the future for me and my ST: In the Gods and Elementals book, it says that gods may be able to learn "other" charms, aside from Spirit Charms. Does anyone know what they're referring to, or if that's just a load of silliness meaning "Hey, you're an ST, if you wanna make NPC gods with Solar charms, we're not stopping ya"? How would this affect me when I ascend?
    I interpret it as "Rule of Cool". If you have a God for which there isn't a canon charm that makes sense, or you feel a Spirit charm doesnt fit, you can brew a non Spirit charm if that's what floats your Five-Metal Shrike.
    Who's that cat with Solar charms? Little Beam? He's canon.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a super sun-cat? Awesome! He probably harasses those Sun Mice that Sol has..

Anyways, alright then, so it refers to homebrewing charms, maybe learning certain appropriately thematic ones? Hm. Got it.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, there are lots of Spirits with their own Charms. Five Days Darkness, Talespinner, etc. They are similar to regular Spirit Charms in power, but particular to that single spirit.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Well, there are lots of Spirits with their own Charms. Five Days Darkness, Talespinner, etc. They are similar to regular Spirit Charms in power, but particular to that single spirit.
    Hm. Alright, cool. I guess I might work on some, myself. For fun, if anything.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Who's that cat with Solar charms? Little Beam? He's canon.
    Wait, what? I know there are the Mice of the sun, but there's a cat as well?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Wait, what? I know there are the Mice of the sun, but there's a cat as well?

"Cat" just means a person, usually a cool one. I swear to Sol Invictus, if anyone gives me temperature trouble...

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Titan in the Playground

Given that there are canon mice empowered by the sun, I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder if cats(as in the feline animals) were as well. Especially given the conversation up until that point.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I was thinking "Kitty" too, myself. Haven't heard 'cat' as in 'a cool dude' in.. Forever. Huh. Thanks for that bit of nostalgia, I suppose.
    Last edited by Mattarias, King.; 2010-12-25 at 03:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

Little Beam has no Solar Charms. He can, however, empower people to learn Solar Charms if they can find a Solar tutor (by making them Golden Children, incidentally).
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Little Beam has no Solar Charms. He can, however, empower people to learn Solar Charms if they can find a Solar tutor (by making them Golden Children, incidentally).
    Plus, if you ever need someone to teach you Solar Hero, he can help.

He knows all of the Charms.
    All the Charms.
    All of them.
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. He sounds like a cool guy. I'd hang with him.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Of course, he's a kitty.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    He knows all of the Charms.
    All the Charms.
    All of them.
    Is there some kind of inside joke here that I'm missing? Or something you're mean to imply beyond the fact that he knows the 9 charms on page 243?
    Satomi by Elagune

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there some kind of inside joke here that I'm missing? Or something you're mean to imply beyond the fact that he knows the 9 charms on page 243?
    I just thought there was a difference between "knowing" and "having". Like.. From what I understand, Dan Hibiki taught everyone he trained how to Hadoken, even though he himself fails at it.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's a well-known fact that all the internet reads Homestuck.
    All the internet.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

As an aside, congrats to The Demented One who sometimes posts on these boards, who has been taken up as a freelancer for White Wolf! *cheers*
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Hooray!

Maybe we'll see some balanced martial arts!

More seriously, good for him.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe we'll see some balanced martial arts!

More seriously, good for him.
    I love how these two things are next to each other, implying we'll never see balanced martial arts.
    I use black for sarcasm.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I love how these two things are next to each other, implying we'll never see balanced martial arts.

There's something fairly unbalanced (one way or the other) in all martial arts I've seen.

Back to this news though. Compass: Autocthon is coming, oh yesss. I'm expecting an Ink Monkeys post chock full of Alchemical charms when we near it's release date.

Also, any ideas what's going to happen to TDO's multitude of homebrew? I'm thinking something like PoH's PDF might be on it's way, or a re-release of some of his charms via the Monkeys.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    As an aside, congrats to The Demented One who sometimes posts on these boards, who has been taken up as a freelancer for White Wolf! *cheers*
    Haaah, awesome! Grats to him then!

Compass: Autocthon is coming
    I know someone that's gonna be happy about that. Awesome.