New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Why would they even bother socialing their way out of a paper bag?

This will probably be their idea of social combat: "Do this for me or I'll hit you."

...aaaaand now I'm thinking of how to make Nanoha as a Solar. >.<

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Trying to find a starting game for now. The concept of Exalted is turning out to be quite interesting. Also, I've been looking at the MoEP: Alchemicals recently, seems quite cool. And a method of breaking the Seal popped into my head basically as I was reading it, and hopefully I could start a campaign about it sometime. Basically, they attach a giant, modified essence cannon to an abandoned patropolis and fire it continuously at a point on the seal that connects to both Creation and Elsewhere, also serving to keep the Essence of the seal in a cohesive state. The constant energy should destabilise said point, causing that part of the seal (or hopefully, the entire seal.) to dissolve back into raw Essence. Thoughts? Does this conflict with SoED canon?
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Why would they do that, though. They already have a method to pierce the seal at will, and their method keeps the seal as a wall intact. The charm in question is located somewhere in the book, and is a high essence charm(for a alchemical city).
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Why would they even bother socialing their way out of a paper bag?

This will probably be their idea of social combat: "Do this for me or I'll hit you."

...aaaaand now I'm thinking of how to make Nanoha as a Solar. >.<
    Man it took ages for me to break my group of that habit...
    BEEP.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Mage View Post
    Trying to find a starting game for now. The concept of Exalted is turning out to be quite interesting. Also, I've been looking at the MoEP: Alchemicals recently, seems quite cool. And a method of breaking the Seal popped into my head basically as I was reading it, and hopefully I could start a campaign about it sometime. Basically, they attach a giant, modified essence cannon to an abandoned patropolis and fire it continuously at a point on the seal that connects to both Creation and Elsewhere, also serving to keep the Essence of the seal in a cohesive state. The constant energy should destabilise said point, causing that part of the seal (or hopefully, the entire seal.) to dissolve back into raw Essence. Thoughts? Does this conflict with SoED canon?
    No need. As stated, they've had the capability to do so in canon for some time, they've merely lacked the will to do so. The head of Ot is the head that will pierce The Heavens the seal.

That said, if you prefer your version there's no particular reason not to use your version. Just be aware that the cannon ain't canon.

P.S. if you run an alchemicals game I'd love to be able to join.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Banned

Pretty sure the canon says only a Divine Minister can break it, but you can always Rule 0 it.

7. - Top - End - #1147

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Why would they do that, though. They already have a method to pierce the seal at will, and their method keeps the seal as a wall intact. The charm in question is located somewhere in the book, and is a high essence charm(for a alchemical city).
    Can't seem to find it. Could you give a bit more detail? At least a name, then I can search for it.

EDIT: The idea is that either the Divine Ministers are breaking it, getting the players to do it or the Tripartite is just saying "Screw it" and getting the players to do it. Autocthonia is in a pretty bad state. How long do you think they're going to listen to them?
    Last edited by Cyborg Mage; 2010-12-29 at 12:53 PM.
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Banned

Can't seem to find it. Could you give a bit more detail? At least a name, then I can search for it.
    There are only two Municipal Charms in Alchies that they actually explain... we'll have to wait for the three part Compass of Celestial Directions: Autochthonia for more.
    I've wanted those charms for years now. YEARS. I want to play a city so bad.

9. - Top - End - #1149

You do realise that the Populat isn't used to having cities that walk around and go on adventures? The only place that being a mobile city would be any fun is Estasia, where you're basically the biggest weapons platform and troop transport ever. Anywhere else, you're basically a glorified mayor/governer. Of yourself.
    Last edited by Cyborg Mage; 2010-12-29 at 12:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Banned

Who said I wanted to walk around?
    I just want to play a city.

11. - Top - End - #1151

Meh. I'm fine with being 20 feet tall. Also, mabye they could try to use the cannon to blackmail the Ministers into opening the seal. It's ambitious and unlikely, but it's a thought.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Who said I wanted to walk around?
    I just want to play a city.
    Seconded.

Also, I can't wait to find out more about municipal charms. Particularly since I'm given to understand that once you have an alchemical city there is no reason to ever, EVER desire a normal one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

13. - Top - End - #1153

Well, the three of us might set up an Alchemicals game sometime. Jokasti, would you be okay to ST? Also, I can't seem to find rules on starting charms and charm slots in the book. Any information?

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Well, the three of us might set up an Alchemicals game sometime. Jokasti, would you be okay to ST? Also, I can't seem to find rules on starting charms and charm slots in the book. Any information?
    8 slots, 4 general; 4 dedicated with a like number of charms. (p83//85)
    BEEP.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Banned

Soon as the books come out I plan on running one. And also bringing back my old game, if the players are still interested.

16. - Top - End - #1156

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    8 slots, 4 general; 4 dedicated with a like number of charms. (p83//85)
    Thank you. And Jokasti, that may be a while. Ignoring all the other useful stuff that CoCD:A will probably have, all the municipal/patro/metropolis information will be nigh-useless until someone reaches Essence 8. I don't want to sound like I'm forcing you, but are you sure we couldn't just start a game and use the information in Autocthonia whenever it comes out?

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

Soon as the books come out I plan on running one. And also bringing back my old game, if the players are still interested.
    YES.

Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Banned

Thank you. And Jokasti, that may be a while. Ignoring all the other useful stuff that CoCD:A will probably have, all the municipal/patro/metropolis information will be nigh-useless until someone reaches Essence 8. I don't want to sound like I'm forcing you, but are you sure we couldn't just start a game and use the information in Autocthonia whenever it comes out?
    Eh. Maybe soon. My first game takes priority though.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Titan in the Playground

There are only two Municipal Charms in Alchies that they actually explain... we'll have to wait for the three part Compass of Celestial Directions: Autochthonia for more.
    I've wanted those charms for years now. YEARS. I want to play a city so bad.
    I'm 95% sure there won't be any Essence 8+ Charms in Autochthonia.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Firbolg in the Playground

One idea I came up with for my game is the PCs coming across a hidden behemoth the Yozis had socked away in the East for the Reclamation. Since the behemoth was tasked with keeping itself a secret, it will kill any who discover it, or be destroyed trying.

Said behemoth is a horrific mix of Malfean and Wood aspects, its body made of tarnished brass architecture, with plant-mass growing from every aperture, the vegetation serving to hold it all together.

First of all, how does this sound? Would it make for a cool little plotline and such?

Second, how should I go about statting this monster out? I was thinking of giving it a couple of Malfean Charms, and some form of regeneration, but where should I start? And how much is too much?

21. - Top - End - #1161

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Said behemoth is a horrific mix of Malfean and Wood aspects, its body made of tarnished brass architecture, with plant-mass growing from every aperture, the vegetation serving to hold it all together.
    This is either a great idea or a boring one. The deciding factor: Will the only way to beat it be to scale the monster and destroy it's weak points with a magic sword?

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnar View Post
    This is either a great idea or a boring one. The deciding factor: Will the only way to beat it be to scale the monster and destroy it's weak points with a magic sword?
    Dear god. You're right.

Alucard, take notes from Shadow of the Colossus, and you should be good.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #1163

RedWizardGuy

Wow. That is a very interesting concept. A tip: Aggravated damage should be very problematic for whatever regeneration you wind up deciding to give it, assuming it can heal aggravated damage in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

24. - Top - End - #1164

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnar View Post
    This is either a great idea or a boring one. The deciding factor: Will the only way to beat it be to scale the monster and destroy its weak points with a magic sword?

Considering how I said that half of my PCs are martial artists, the answer is probably "no." But if they're not climbing around on its titanic body, I will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    Wow. That is a very interesting concept. A tip: Aggravated damage should be very problematic for whatever regeneration you wind up deciding to give it, assuming it can heal aggravated damage in the first place.
    I figure for its regeneration, it will just automatically heal a level of bashing every tick and a level of lethal every ten ticks; however, if it wants to heal aggravated damage, it has to spend five motes of Essence to heal one such health level. Sound good?

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

How many health levels is it going to have? Cause, the Lethal level every ten ticks sounds a bit slow.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchemicals?

Alchemicals?!

ALCHEMICALS!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    Alchemicals?

Alchemicals?!

ALCHEMICALS!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!
    The Shadow!
    The Shadow?

The Shadow.

28. - Top - End - #1168

Another idea. Remember the Apostates? Mabye they're using the cannon to open the seal, or blackmail the guys who can. It's a thought.

Now, is anyone else up for an Alchemicals game?

29. - Top - End - #1169

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    How many health levels is it going to have? Cause, the Lethal level every ten ticks sounds a bit slow.
    Lethal every five, then? Yeah, five sounds better.

Likewise, do you think sixty dots to play around with Attributes is too much? Not enough? Obviously not putting gobs of it into Dexterity; I don't hate my players that much. I don't want them to be insta-gibbed by it, but at the same time, I want them to realize that they don't want to be where it can easily hit them, and that just standing there and trading blows with it would be a Bad Idea.

Do you think treating its Virtues as though it were an automaton would be appropriate?

Really, I wish there were at least some form of guidelines on making behemoths... And no, just using Juggernaut's stats as a benchmark doesn't count and you know it.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Why not just have it heal 1 health level at the beginning of each tick it acts on, like Halting the Scarlet Flow (gift form)?
    BEEP.