New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Character Concept.

[spoiler]

That should fix the size problem.
    So, a new campaign I am starting with my friends entails me being a summoner.

This is my concept. This is only a sketch.

He is a Gnome with a Velociraptor Eidolon.

Opinions?
    Last edited by Tech Boy; 2010-10-21 at 07:14 PM.
    Freedom is to say that two plus two equals four, if that is granted, all else will follow.

http://the-ethan-yazel.deviantart.com

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Character Concept.

Needs more spoilers. (Also, that mask looks kinda silly. The dragonhead is cool though. )
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2010-10-15 at 06:24 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Definitely spoiler that image! It stretches my poor screen!
    Also, the crop tool is your friend.

On the drawing itself, I like the Robin Hood-ish style the character has (though maybe it's more scarecrow than RH).
    The bits and pieces of metal armor is a nice touch. So is the longcoat. Generally he looks very chaotic and maybe a weee bid crazy - which are cool traits for a sorcerer.
    Like Domo, I don't like the mask. It looks like he's got a carrot for nose and bricks for eyes. Not very intimidating. Were you trying to mimic a Plague Doctor mask? Masks are generally awesome, though, so I support a redesign rather than removing it.

A few more technical comments:
    The character's hat, and the velociraptor's head, are very nicely done. The crossbow is fine as well, though a bit crooked.

The velociraptor's foot looks like it'd be impossible to stand on.
    Human(/gnome/whatever) feet don't bend like that. Really, standing like that would just be painful.

Nice attention to detail. The character's pose is not very dynamic, but I guess it doesn't have to be for a character portrait.

Good luck with your game!
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was mimicing the plague doctor, maybe having him have killed one in the past. The eyes aren't final, working on them.

I plan for him to be a little wankers. Another player expects me to be a tank with the raptor, but I plan to just attack from a distance any maybe joke about fighting.

Thanks for the opinions, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Definitely spoiler that image! It stretches my poor screen!
    Also, the crop tool is your friend.

On the drawing itself, I like the Robin Hood-ish style the character has (though maybe it's more scarecrow than RH).
    The bits and pieces of metal armor is a nice touch. So is the longcoat. Generally he looks very chaotic and maybe a weee bid crazy - which are cool traits for a sorcerer.
    Like Domo, I don't like the mask. It looks like he's got a carrot for nose and bricks for eyes. Not very intimidating. Were you trying to mimic a Plague Doctor mask? Masks are generally awesome, though, so I support a redesign rather than removing it.

A few more technical comments:
    The character's hat, and the velociraptor's head, are very nicely done. The crossbow is fine as well, though a bit crooked.

The velociraptor's foot looks like it'd be impossible to stand on.
    Human(/gnome/whatever) feet don't bend like that. Really, standing like that would just be painful.

Nice attention to detail. The character's pose is not very dynamic, but I guess it doesn't have to be for a character portrait.

Good luck with your game!
    Freedom is to say that two plus two equals four, if that is granted, all else will follow.

http://the-ethan-yazel.deviantart.com

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gotta agree with Glass Mouse. I have to wonder why a non-combat sorcerer would wear plate mail, but it's your call there. Love the longcoat and the hat, but the mask could use a reworking, although I like the basics of it. If you're going for a plague doctor/scarecrow motif, maybe try replacing the armour with cloth?
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!