New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    Djinn is an angry tank
    Wait. Can anyone not be an angry tank? Being a tank that is anything other than angry is not conducive to tank-related expenditures.*

*Such as beating Nick's smug face in.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2010-11-02 at 09:55 AM.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Not sure if I recognize the costumes. The one in the white, is that supposed to be Luigi?

Yes the costumes are really good.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Free internets are greatly devalued these days.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    ISN'T IT SO GOOD
    I could do the hunter better. Hoodie should be blue, pants should be green, clothes should be bloody and torn. <_< Nick and Ellis are good though.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Wait. Can anyone not be an angry tank? Being a tank that is anything other than angry is not conducive to tank-related expenditures.*

*Such as beating Nick's smug face in.
    Do I need to dig up that video of the peaceful tank again?

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    I could do the hunter better. Hoodie should be blue, pants should be green, clothes should be bloody and torn. <_< Nick and Ellis are good though.
    There was a hunter and Nick? I'm sorry, I was too blinded by the awesome of Ellis.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Do I need to dig up that video of the peaceful tank again?
    Yes? I've never seen a peacful tank, save during silly times.

9. - Top - End - #339

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Wait. Can anyone not be an angry tank? Being a tank that is anything other than angry is not conducive to tank-related expenditures.* [/SIZE]
    Compared to my Tanking, all other tanks are merely mildly annoyed: maybe someone stole their lunch money, or McDonald's forgot to put the cheese on their hamburger.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

So, is there a meeting in place for certain games or anything? I'll tell you all, I'm still a novice when it comes to steam (The program itself, not the games I play on it). And half the time, it decides to act up.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

Well, nineteen people are having a meeting on the ChHa server right now.

That's basically all it is. Join the server and it'll typically have some GitPers. We don't have any specific meet-up times beyond unusual things like Dizposition Presents: Party Time.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    Yes? I've never seen a peacful tank, save during silly times.
    I can't seem to find the video on Youtube anymore. Atheist, wasn't it you that put it up there before? Where did it go?

13. - Top - End - #343

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, is there a meeting in place for certain games or anything? I'll tell you all, I'm still a novice when it comes to steam (The program itself, not the games I play on it). And half the time, it decides to act up.
    Have you seen the groups listed in the OP? Getting a game of Killing Floor or L4D is as easy as opening the game and inviting people in those groups. (Depending on time of day and whatnot.) Our TF2 server tends to have at least a few players on it at most times of the day, so it's as easy as joining.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have finally included the IRC info in the OP. Thanks to scorp who wrote the info and KPenguin for bugging me until I did it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm, Trine's at 5 bucks today. Is it worth getting?

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Id say no, but lots of people seem to disagree with me, and I only played the demo.
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

I liked. As you progress in the game, you can unlock additional abilities* that really do change the gameplay and keeps it from getting stale -- something I didn't know before I bought the game but served as a welcome surprise.

*Exhibit A: Knight charges into skeletal enemies and kicks them across the map.

18. - Top - End - #348

Kobold

Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

19. - Top - End - #349

Someone from my old high school came round to my house, gave me a wedgie, stole my lunch money and called me a nerd within five seconds of looking at that article. We do not need to play it. Ever.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

20. - Top - End - #350

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by tarbrush View Post
    Someone from my old high school came round to my house, gave me a wedgie, stole my lunch money and called me a nerd within five seconds of looking at that article. We do not need to play it. Ever.
    [enticing voice] You can be helmsman! [/enticing voice]

21. - Top - End - #351
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Compared to my Tanking, all other tanks are merely mildly annoyed: maybe someone stole their lunch money, or McDonald's forgot to put the cheese on their hamburger.
    Actually djinn, in my experience how well a tank does is strongly related to how much help his infected teammates give him and how many molotov's the survivors have. Of course you usually have a strong team. So it works out well.

*I'm not saying you are bad at l4d2--you ARE good. It's just that success of tanks is dependent on more than the tank.
    Last edited by Mtg_player_zach; 2010-11-02 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Could I get an invite into the TF2 group on steam?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    [enticing voice] You can be helmsman! [/enticing voice]
    You realise that Paris, Checkov, The Wesley and Nameless Redshirt were all easily the lamest characters in their respective series, right? Helmsman is the clearly the rubbishest position.

It's Captain/Officer-Charge-of-Fornicating-with-Nubile-Alien-Hotties or bust.
    Last edited by tarbrush; 2010-11-02 at 06:54 PM.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

24. - Top - End - #354

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by tarbrush View Post
    It's Captain/Officer-Charge-of-Fornicating-with-Nubile-Alien-Hotties or bust.
    Man who wouldn't want this accent?

25. - Top - End - #355

I agree, Leonard Nimoy is awesome. He is also not the helmsman. And his fornicating quotient is merely acceptable.
    Last edited by tarbrush; 2010-11-02 at 07:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

This reminds me, a friend of mine thinks that the word "Koy-tus" is Klingon for sex. I don't have the heart.

27. - Top - End - #357

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    This reminds me, a friend of mine thinks that the word "Koy-tus" is Klingon for sex. I don't have the heart.
    Why? Did ghosts eat yours? Did the hunter rip it out?

Anyway, he's probably just messing with you. I mean, everyone knows that klingons don't have the 'us" sound because it's too weak. They only have manly sounds, like "ARrrrrrrrrr"

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

UNRELATED NOTE: Come watch me play some Amnesia. Right here, fifteen minutes.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Could I get an invite into the TF2 group on steam?
    It's a public group last I checked. Giant ITP is the main group ChHa and SHaFT are the offshoots.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

If we have a group game, I have dibs on engineering.

Scotty was the best. He killed more Nazis than any other Starfleet officer!

Also, as a friendly warning, if one wants to be the Captain, there's a fifty fifty shot of baldness.
    Last edited by chiasaur11; 2010-11-03 at 01:12 AM.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.