New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

Quote Originally Posted by Sleverin View Post
    That and I'm kinda just making excuses. I've heard the movie was "alright" from my best friend, with whom he and I share almost the exact same taste in movies (in fact I can't think of a movie he likes that I don't).
    Do you like soundtracks? Do you like effects? IF SO SEE THIS FILM. IT IS WORTH IT FOR BOTH OF THOSE THINGS.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Do you like soundtracks? Do you like effects? IF SO SEE THIS FILM. IT IS WORTH IT FOR BOTH OF THOSE THINGS.
    I'm gonna say this, the soundtrack isn't that great. There's a lot of promise, but it really doesn't fulfill. I mean, it's very good *in* the movie, which is actually fairly good these days, but once you remove it from context, it's pretty horrible. That makes it an ok soundtrack, but not amazing (:
    Last edited by Dispozition; 2010-11-13 at 01:23 PM.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Orc in the Playground

Not really, but like I said, I was just making excuses. Plus, I'll trust my friends opinion...but if he thinks that it was "alright" then I'll probably outright just not like it.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Orc in the Playground

Effects? you mean like special effects? I mean, I like them if they enhance the movie or are necessary, but if it's the only reason that it's in there is to distract you from how bad the film actually then no. Here though, I'm talking about Michael Bay films. If a movie is all spectacle and no depth then I get very bored watching it. I mean, no matter how much you polish a turd and dip it in gold, it's still a turd. Although I guess gold turd would be worth some money.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    I'm gonna say this, the soundtrack isn't that great. There's a lot of promise, but it really doesn't fulfill. I mean, it's very good *in* the movie, which is actually fairly good these days, but once you remove it from context, it's pretty horrible. That makes it an ok soundtrack, but not amazing (:
    This is objectively incorrect.

Not the in the movie part, it is excellent there, but listening to Sex Bob-omb, Crash and the Boys, and the other stuff at home? Still good.

Blood Red Shoes is now one of my favorite bands.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sleverin View Post
    Effects? you mean like special effects? I mean, I like them if they enhance the movie or are necessary, but if it's the only reason that it's in there is to distract you from how bad the film actually then no. Here though, I'm talking about Michael Bay films. If a movie is all spectacle and no depth then I get very bored watching it. I mean, no matter how much you polish a turd and dip it in gold, it's still a turd. Although I guess gold turd would be worth some money.
    Its mostly spectacle, but its also got a lot of funny jokes. I found the fact that you're not even supposed to like Scott pretty refreshing. Also, there are a lot more jokes aimed at making fun of hipsters and indie music than there are celebrating it.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Tanks for the memories is like an amusement park for the soul. I want to do it with Motorhead rocking in my eardrums and someone standing behind me yelling nonstop, slapping me whenever I fall behind.

Maybe not that second bit.

Also, Jibar and I made a wonderful video
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #698
    Troll in the Playground

Just watched my first full episode of MST3K. Appropriate, since the same people will be snarking on Aeon Flux. In two hours. 8:00 EST. On my channel.

All who visit will learn my sacred techniques of the Shameless Plug, for I have an A+ in plugging and an F- in human dignity.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That was awesome. And now I want to play it too. Curse you Rutskarn.
    Spoiler
    Show

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

10. - Top - End - #700

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Just watched my first full episode of MST3K. Appropriate, since the same people will be snarking on Aeon Flux. In two hours. 8:00 EST. On my channel.
    Alas, I would love to participate, and I am sure that all forumites will know you as a true and noble streamer, but I must use my laptop for the Greater Good.

(watching Dr. Who with my family)
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that is a pretty good Good. Hope to see you at the next one!

Will be starting in a few for pre-show music.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    That was awesome. And now I want to play it too. Curse you Rutskarn.
    I didn't finish it, but I loved Jibar putting the bomb under Ruts and when he opened the door, BOOM. Oh man that made me laugh so hard.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanks for the memories is like an amusement park for the soul. I want to do it with Motorhead rocking in my eardrums and someone standing behind me yelling nonstop, slapping me whenever I fall behind.

Maybe not that second bit.

Also, Jibar and I made a wonderful video
    Wow, people still play RVS? Count me in!

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing on Left 4 Dead 2? Hmmm... Maybe I should hold off on getting it...
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, yeah, sorry, it got lost in the other messages. It is still played, certainly. If you make sure you get into the GitP L4D2 group on Steam and are active, people should start inviting you to their games. Similarly, you usually have little trouble starting your own game and sending invites to people marked 'Online' in said group and finding enough for an 8-player Versus game.

So, the Aeon Flux stream seemed to go over well. I'd like to make this a weekly thing -- out of the movies I have available that have Riffs, anyone want to take a vote?

-Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2 or 3.
    -Alien
    -Teminator 1, 2 or 3.
    -Star Wars (4, 5, 6, likely the first three as well).

...I didn't take the closest look at the gigantic piles of DVDs and cross-reference them with the Rifftrax catalog, but I think that's a good sampling.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Orc in the Playground

Several times now, upon receiving one of my challenges, I have been asked what a "duel for your name" entails. It is this sad ignorance that I have decided to confront today. A duel for your name is:
    • A combat for the right to your moniker, conducted in the arena of CHOCOLATE HAMMER*
    • Nothing else

Now, some have had further questions after this. "What happens if I lose" is popular. "Is there anything in it for me" almost as much so. But fear not! Enlightenment has arrived!
    • If you lose, your name is mine. I will continue to let you use it, but it will be my property. Fair is fair.
    • If you win, you will have won one of my names**!

*Chocolate Hammer Group(TF2) does not now and has never endorsed the practice of dueling for names. Furthermore, Chocolate Hammer Group(TF2) is not liable in any way for lost property, pride, or alphanumeric strings occurring on/near Chocolate Hammer or affiliated servers.
    **Names currently available include "Kainozzo", "Scuzzball", "Phase" and "Imposter". A complete listing of stakes may or may not be provided before any dueling event.
    BE RIGHT BACK BUILDING IMPOSTER A SHRINE.
    Names I own:
    Spoiler
    Show

Darth Mario
    Phase
    Kainozzo(Pending litigation)

17. - Top - End - #707
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Hmm, yeah, sorry, it got lost in the other messages. It is still played, certainly. If you make sure you get into the GitP L4D2 group on Steam and are active, people should start inviting you to their games. Similarly, you usually have little trouble starting your own game and sending invites to people marked 'Online' in said group and finding enough for an 8-player Versus game.

So, the Aeon Flux stream seemed to go over well. I'd like to make this a weekly thing -- out of the movies I have available that have Riffs, anyone want to take a vote?

-Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2 or 3.
    -Alien
    -Teminator 1, 2 or 3.
    -Star Wars (4, 5, 6, likely the first three as well).

...I didn't take the closest look at the gigantic piles of DVDs and cross-reference them with the Rifftrax catalog, but I think that's a good sampling.
    Piratessssssssssss

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

Could someone invite me the the Gitp Steam membership groups? It says membership by invite only.

19. - Top - End - #709

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    Several times now, upon receiving one of my challenges, I have been asked what a "duel for your name" entails. It is this sad ignorance that I have decided to confront today. A duel for your name is:
    • A combat for the right to your moniker, conducted in the arena of CHOCOLATE HAMMER*
    • Nothing else

Now, some have had further questions after this. "What happens if I lose" is popular. "Is there anything in it for me" almost as much so. But fear not! Enlightenment has arrived!
    • If you lose, your name is mine. I will continue to let you use it, but it will be my property. Fair is fair.
    • If you win, you will have won one of my names**!
    What's so great about having names anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Could someone invite me the the Gitp Steam membership groups? It says membership by invite only.
    I'd like an invite to the l4d2 group.
    Last edited by Science Officer; 2010-11-13 at 11:03 PM.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I'd hook you up. What are your steam names/IDs?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

"Silverraptorgames" is my steam username.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Orc in the Playground

L4D2 does get played quite a bit.

I personally don't much, because of my addiction to LoL.

23. - Top - End - #713

*Chocolate Hammer Group(TF2) does not now and has never endorsed the practice of dueling for names.
    Lies and heresy. This is fully endorsed, as of right now.

Furthermore, Chocolate Hammer Group(TF2) is not liable in any way for lost property, pride, or alphanumeric strings occurring on/near Chocolate Hammer or affiliated servers.
    Indeed.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Silverraptor: Gonna need your steam ID, mate. Can't find you.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-11-14 at 12:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Silverraptor: Gonna need your steam ID, mate. Can't find you.
    I'm steam handicapped at times. If its not the account name, then what's my Steam ID?

Oh wait. My name in games? Its Silver_Raptor.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-11-14 at 01:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I'm steam handicapped at times. If its not the account name, then what's my Steam ID?

Oh wait. My name in games? Its Silver_Raptor.
    Still not seein' ya. Go ahead and add me as a friend; search "Chocolate Hammer." I'm the admin of that group.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

Whatever name you type in to log in is the easiest, least ambiguous way to find you.

Rutskarn'll take care of you. He offers to get you into our gang, you know he likes you. Everyone else gets an offer of an unmarked van pulling up front of their house with a lollipop from whatever corner store he can find two minutes before he's to meet you. Gods, it's like he doesn't even care sometimes.

Sorry. Sorry, it... don't worry about it.

28. - Top - End - #718

You got a lollipop? All I got was some incoherent shouting while he speed, in said van, past my house. And it was at night.
    Last edited by Emlyn; 2010-11-14 at 02:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

**Names currently available include "Kainozzo", "Scuzzball", "Phase" and "Imposter". A complete listing of stakes may or may not be provided before any dueling event.
    No, you've won the name "I like wearing women's clothing" from me, as I didn't have the name Kainozzo at the time we finished the duel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

30. - Top - End - #720

I had two crates yesterday. I painstakingly opened them with my money.

I found a pair of Gunboats. I died a little inside when they gave me the fanfare sound.

And then I found a plunger. All is well with the world.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin