New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

I like the versus mode in L4D2. I'm pretty good as a smoker.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #782
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

So anyway I don't know if I mentioned this but The Room is this friday at 9 PM.

I think I might've said I was going to show it early but that plan died.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

3. - Top - End - #783

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I like the versus mode in L4D2. I'm pretty good as a smoker.
    Smoker is a lot of fun, and really good if you use him right. On the other hand, he's abysmal if used poorly. Kind of like the Boomer and the Jockey, in fact. Or all the infected except the Tank, Charger, and Hunter.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Smoker is a lot of fun, and really good if you use him right. On the other hand, he's abysmal if used poorly. Kind of like the Boomer and the Jockey, in fact. Or all the infected except the Tank, Charger, and Hunter.
    I'd say all three of those are abysmal if used poorly. Hunter gets one or maybe two swipes in if he does the stupidest thing possible and jumps someone in the middle of a group. I personally get slaughtered almost every single time I failcharge, although I guess it is relatively easy to punch people and get in a good 20-30 damage if you ambush them successfully. As for tank, it's quite possible to deal pretty much no damage to a Survivor team, and I've achieved that multiple times.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

5. - Top - End - #785

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    I'd say all three of those are abysmal if used poorly.
    True. With all three, however, it's possible to get half-decent returns. A Hunter can easily land 18+ damage without a pounce in just 3 swings, and the same with a Charger. The Tank can indeed be kited to death without dealing any damage, but you have a lot more time to be competent in. The other four, however, are rather all-or-nothing infected.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sleverin View Post
    Heh, me and my friends did this to Pirates of the Caribbean when we used to stay up late....and with a different state of mind. I remember my friend saying "Man, just look at Orlando Bloom. As the movie goes on he looks more and more confused as to what's actually happening in the film. It's almost like he's having a hard time remembering his script!"

Ah the good ol' days when my friend was still around. I miss that crazy son of a gun.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw some jokes like that in the 'Best Of' for the Pirates Rifftrax. Jack Sparrow is the only guy who can do so well at planning ahead without a plan in mind, after all.

And in Ĉon Flux, when Ĉon nabs a government botanist and interrogates him:

Botanist: ...And that's all I know, I swear!
    Kevin: "I... haven't read the whole screenplay."

Man, fun times.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mike: Alright, so, help me out here.
    Kevin: OK.
    Mike: Ĉon, there, she just got it on with a ruler of our dystopian future...
    Kevin: Right, yeah.
    Mike: And then strangled him, and instead of simply leaving she headed down to the guy's rec room...
    Kevin: Uh-huh.
    Mike: Learned how to warp time and space, and now she's picked a fight with Alfre Woodard here...
    Kevin: Eh, she's more Mary J Blige.
    Mike: OK, fine, Mary J Blige. And they're beating the stuffing out of each other becauuuuuse...?
    Kevin: ...
    Mike: ...
    Kevin: ...Oh. I thought you were going to tell me.
    Mike: No! Sorry, I was asking.
    Kevin: I have no idea!
    Mike: ...OK! Just... wanted to make sure I was up to speed.
    Kevin: No, yeah, pretty much.

Best part was the entire chat channel was saying the exact same thing.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2010-11-15 at 12:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

There's nothing quite like smoking someone to death. Charging, hunting, tanking--all these are too simple, too direct. You get up in their grill and start tearing away chunks of health. As smoker, you're more of a crackerjack zombie sniper who waits for his moment, casts his line, and draws the enemy into your killing field to choke and batter until their neck snaps. It's disturbingly cathartic in a way hunter and charger aren't.

My favorite infected's probably still spitter, mind. Love that ding ding ding, holmes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #788

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    You get up in their grill and start tearing away chunks of health.
    Nah...Tank sniping, mate. Tank sniping. Get a few hundred feet away, find a car or a dumpster, and just play Whack-a-Mole with any survivor who pops his head out around a corner.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

9. - Top - End - #789
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    There's nothing quite like smoking someone to death. Charging, hunting, tanking--all these are too simple, too direct. You get up in their grill and start tearing away chunks of health. As smoker, you're more of a crackerjack zombie sniper who waits for his moment, casts his line, and draws the enemy into your killing field to choke and batter until their neck snaps. It's disturbingly cathartic in a way hunter and charger aren't.

My favorite infected's probably still spitter, mind. Love that ding ding ding, holmes.
    That is such a satisfying ding.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nah...Tank sniping, mate. Tank sniping. Get a few hundred feet away, find a car or a dumpster, and just play Whack-a-Mole with any survivor who pops his head out around a corner.
    I like to think of it as golf. Sometimes you get a hole in one (of the survivors), sometimes you whack at the car several times and just get frustrated.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

True. With all three, however, it's possible to get half-decent returns. A Hunter can easily land 18+ damage without a pounce in just 3 swings, and the same with a Charger. The Tank can indeed be kited to death without dealing any damage, but you have a lot more time to be competent in. The other four, however, are rather all-or-nothing infected.
    Fair enough. I would count not using karate at the right time as 'playing poorly,' though. Let it also be noted that this is 95% of the reason I am so awful at this game.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

12. - Top - End - #792

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    I like to think of it as golf. Sometimes you get a hole in one (of the survivors), sometimes you whack at the car several times and just get frustrated.
    But then, sometimes, you make those one in a million shots that rebounds off a wall/tree and goes straight in.

Having that happen and having alltalk on makes the game so much more satisfying.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

13. - Top - End - #793
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    But then, sometimes, you make those one in a million shots that rebounds off a wall/tree and goes straight in.

Having that happen and having alltalk on makes the game so much more satisfying.
    Or hitting a survivor and knocking him around 4 trees and land about 100 feet away from you and live.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLuigi View Post
    Or hitting a survivor and knocking him around 4 trees and land about 100 feet away from you and live.
    I was gonna say. Smashing Worira into the air, making him ricochet 90 degrees of a tree and bounce even higher off a bunch of tree stumps and finally land in five-foot deep swamp? Pretty much one in a million.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    I was gonna say. Smashing Worira into the air, making him ricochet 90 degrees of a tree and bounce even higher off a bunch of tree stumps and finally land in five-foot deep swamp? Pretty much one in a million.
    I will confirm that that was hilarious.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Once I get some more Series 4 and 5 crates, I'll buy keys.

Who has #4 and #5?
    I have one remaining #5 crate. I can give it to you for your Sydney Sleeper or 1 Scrap Metal.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

Little something I whipped up:

Spoiler
    Show
    Switchin' to Engy
    Source: Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park

I'm dead again
    My ragdoll on the ground
    I can't seem to catch a break

You all assume
    I'm just another noob
    Only here to spawn again

I don't want to be the one
    Holding back my team
    Cause inside I realize
    I should be behind

I didn't want to try again
    To go out there a Scout
    I don't why I'm terribad
    Maybe it's my ping

I don't know how I got this way
    I know this can't go on
    So I'm switching to engy
    I'm switching to engy on spawn

Clutching my wrench
    The spawn room I depart
    I check my PDA again

I have much more
    That I need to build
    I need to get my sentry up

I don't want to be the one
    Out there at the front
    'Cause inside I realize
    That I could just turtle

To go out there and snipe
    I don't why I'm terribad
    Maybe it's my ping

I know this can't go on
    So I'm switching to engy

My teleporter's up
    My dispenser, it hums
    I'll never move again
    So this is where I stay

To go out there and heal
    But now I have my own machines
    I can build my own teammates

I know this can't go on
    So I'm switching to engy
    I'm switching to engy
    Last edited by The Linker; 2010-11-15 at 05:11 PM.

18. - Top - End - #798

Got a story of epic fail here:

I once slapped Drolkcal onto the top of a random building in The Parish's first level. He proceeded to kill me, and evaded the rest of my team and if I remember correctly, revived another player and escaped.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

Heh, I have a story just like that. TAAAAAAANK on Swamp Fever, I managed to run all the way to the ferry, find a defib, run all the way back to the BEGINNING -- four tanks running around the whole time -- revive a player who had gotten smashed by Tanks from the get-go, and then we ran all the way to the ferry--

Wait, and then we died halfway.

OK, it's nothing like your story.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2010-11-15 at 07:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, and then we died halfway.

OK, it's nothing like your story.
    This is because you chose to revive me. drolkcal would not get instakilled by a car 100 feet in front of the spawn.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #801

Kobold

GREETINGS, YARR!

Oh Just Cause 2, you so silly

22. - Top - End - #802

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    This is because you chose to revive me. drolkcal would not get instakilled by a car 100 feet in front of the spawn.
    I'm still so proud of how that went. :)

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    I'm still so proud of how that went. :)
    Assclown.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804

Kobold

So, in my fortress, my militia captain had killed more than twenty enemies, including a giant mole that had slaughtered the last five people I sent to kill it.

For his extreme courage and slaughter, I changed his title. He was "Zulban Templebolts, Militia Captain" no more. Now he would be proud, as "Zulban Templebolts, the Drolkal"

Shortly after, he died. On closer inspection, this is how events went down:

1. Zulban and his squad attack a pair of giant lions.
    2. Zulban's squad all die. At the end of this battle, Zulban has lost his left lower arm and his right hand. He is sitting in the wilderness, bleeding to death. The giant lions are still alive.
    3. Zulban becomes The Drolkal.
    4. The lion menaces a handful of peasants.
    5. Zulban rushes to the rescue and kicks it in the face, sending teeth flying.
    6. The Lion bites Zulban's head and shakes him around until he dies.
    7. The Lion goes unconcious
    8. Bunch of raw recruits attempt to punch said lion to death. It isn't moving, so they're just standing there beating on its head.
    9. Three days later they are still unable to deal the finishing blow to the beast Drolkal brought low.
    10. He is getting his own amazing memorial room.

EDIT: On closer inspection, it took 28 days before the monster died, and that's with the entire fortress conscripted to wail on it.
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-11-16 at 03:32 PM.

25. - Top - End - #805

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Silver View Post
    I have one remaining #5 crate. I can give it to you for your Sydney Sleeper or 1 Scrap Metal.
    I'll top that with TWO level 4 crates for a scrap and a random weapon.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoo, just need a Demoman hat and my collection will be complete!

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    Remarkably dwarfy things.

Well. Consider me impressed.

I haven't played fortress mode lately. Got a nice run on adventurer mode with a hammerdwarf, though. Did well enough to get a title (result: "Sakzul Copperchaos the Scorching Despair), had 10 minions, went off to fight a night horror by order of a local lord.

Camped outside, on account of drowsiness. Got ambushed by about 30 goblins and died. It's like LotR, only Frodo gets about three steps up the mountain before an anvil suddenly falls on him.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Whoo, just need a Demoman hat and my collection will be complete!
    I am now the proud owner of an Unusual Handyman's Handle with Searing Plasma! w00t!

Cost me Big Kill + Lugermorph + Level 100 v.Tosslecap + 4 Refined + 3 Keys

29. - Top - End - #809

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    It's like LotR, only Frodo gets about three steps up the mountain before an anvil suddenly falls on him.
    ..and he wakes up in Shelob's lair with nothing but his underwear.

Long live the dwarves that died to that beast in the bottomless pit. :(
    Last edited by dromer; 2010-11-17 at 09:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #810

Hey I just unboxed a Searing Plasma Bombing Run but I already had an unusual Scout hat that I preffer so I'm looking to trade this off.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm pretty much interested in Vintages/Pre-order hats if anyone is interested.

EDIT: Traded with Sigs.
    Last edited by MoelVermillion; 2010-11-18 at 03:25 AM.
    Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Prime32 for the awesome Noel Vermillion avatar.