New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's been ages since this was posted but it reminds me of another image and Ayase's secret identity gimmick.
    Spoiler
    Show

Even if the others laugh at Ayase, Ken will still humour her.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "What's wrong?" Denden pondered simply as she looked up at Ayase.
    She said that last part telepathically. I thought we were using
    "Speech"
    Telepathy
    Thoughts

3. - Top - End - #663
    Orc in the Playground

See, I was confused because I use

"Speech"
    Thoughts
    <<Telepathy>>
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

I will say that italics without color as thoughts can just be hard to read as such unless you separate it from the entire body of your text.

Edit: Blah I misspelled a name. I really want to go back and fix that but bleh, late now.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-11-26 at 02:49 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ettin in the Playground

Welp, Elder's caused enough trouble for now. I hope I managed to make her actions surreal enough. XD

Next stop: back to Venti Buon with Silva & Co once the timeskip rolls around.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #666
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Welp, Elder's caused enough trouble for now. I hope I managed to make her actions surreal enough. XD

Next stop: back to Venti Buon with Silva & Co once the timeskip rolls around.
    Can we just time skip so the mortal world and SS are at the same times?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ettin in the Playground

Impossible if I understood Callos's plan for Michiko right. Using Ep. 3 as Day 0, Michiko's plot is planned to get into full steam during Day +2; again, Soul Society runs a gamut from day +3 to +7.

EDIT: Yes, it's convoluted as heck. However, that's how people have written it to be, and I'm not a big fan of retcons. Soul Society seems to have enough stuff to run itself for now - as long as Michiko's plot advances in a good pace, it'll be possible to have another short timeskip soon enough after it so the disparate timelines don't become a problem.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-11-26 at 04:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Impossible if I understood Callos's plan for Michiko right. Using Ep. 3 as Day 0, Michiko's plot is planned to get into full steam during Day +2; again, Soul Society runs a gamut from day +3 to +7.

EDIT: Yes, it's convoluted as heck. However, that's how people have written it to be, and I'm not a big fan of retcons. Soul Society seems to have enough stuff to run itself for now - as long as Michiko's plot advances in a good pace, it'll be possible to have another short timeskip soon enough after it so the disparate timelines don't become a problem.
    Do the timelines even have to be a problem? I'm comfortable with blaming Dangai distortion of time.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

Believe me, adding Dangai time travel will only complicate the matter, because we'd run risk of having Mortal World characters react to event triggered by their own actions they've yet to do.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Orc in the Playground

I second that. Messing with time as a plot tool is never a good thing.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [Sora's Hideout]

Sora had a reason for everything. For his hiding away, for his keeping apart from others. He always remembers the last time he saw his parents.

It was on a plane, and the plane was falling. Falling through the sky, and he could always see it, believe it. He always remembered when the plane exploded, and he lived, and had to survive without them. It was why his Zanpakuto could never speak to him, because it was connected to the Earth, while Sora?

He was the One who touched the Sky.
    Actually, it doesn't talk to him because it can't.

What with Arrancar Zanpakuto working completely differently than Shinigami Zanpakuto, you know.

Remember: Shinigami Zanpakuto are sentient sub-sections of their souls. They can talk, they have "avatars", Inner Worlds, and all that. Often, they reveal something unique about their bearer. They never transform the Shinigami, only themselves.

Arrancar Zanpakuto are simply reservoirs of power. They're the mechanism by which Arrancar achieve roughly human shape; a sort of "storage locker" for their full power. They transform the Arrancar into something more closely resembling their original Adjuchas or Vasto Lorde form (or, if applicable, their plain Hollow form). They're non-sentient, do not speak, do not have Inner Worlds, or anything of the sort.

Just a friendly reminder.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

12. - Top - End - #672
    Pixie in the Playground

Maybe it's different for living Arrancar, maybe Soshi's just insane.

So what's the Michiko plot about?

13. - Top - End - #673

Quick question- have they put Hikari's cord in a heso yet? Or are they not doing that altogether? (Sorry, t'was the only custom for Japanese newborns I could find. That was appliccable now, anyway.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know? I know nothing about Japaneses birth customs. Could someone sufficiently knowledgeable explain it?

15. - Top - End - #675

... They take a baby's umbilical cord once it falls off and put it in a box for good luck. My only idea for a gift so far is that box.
    Last edited by Cyborg Mage; 2010-11-27 at 03:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    He doesn't have to know that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Mage View Post
    ... They take a baby's umbilical cord once it falls off and put it in a box for good luck. My only idea for a gift so far is that box.
    I figure that if that has happened, the box has already had the umbilical cord in it for some time. Considering that the delivery happened some time ago, I imagine. So in that case, the box is already had and does not need to be gifted.

And I think a lot of baby shower presents aren't necessarily for the child, some are for the parents. I think, anyways. I don't know how these things occur normally, I've never been to one.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I figure that if that has happened, the box has already had the umbilical cord in it for some time. Considering that the delivery happened some time ago, I imagine. So in that case, the box is already had and does not need to be gifted.

And I think a lot of baby shower presents aren't necessarily for the child, some are for the parents. I think, anyways. I don't know how these things occur normally, I've never been to one.
    Some are for the baby, some are for the parents, but all of them are related to the baby somehow (I.E. one of the presents could be a baby harness for carrying the child, or a device to warm baby bottles to just the right temperature).

Supposedly, a baby's umbilical cord, once dried, ground to dust and mixed with something else I can't remember right now is really good medicine, but I can't remember what for exactly - I THINK it's good for stomach pains. (I saw this in an episode of Arjuna a loooooooong while back. It had bad subs and my Japanese was even worse back then, so...).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post

What with Arrancar Zanpakuto working completely differently than Shinigami Zanpakuto, you know.

Remember: Shinigami Zanpakuto are sentient sub-sections of their souls. They can talk, they have "avatars", Inner Worlds, and all that. Often, they reveal something unique about their bearer. They never transform the Shinigami, only themselves.

Arrancar Zanpakuto are simply reservoirs of power. They're the mechanism by which Arrancar achieve roughly human shape; a sort of "storage locker" for their full power. They transform the Arrancar into something more closely resembling their original Adjuchas or Vasto Lorde form (or, if applicable, their plain Hollow form). They're non-sentient, do not speak, do not have Inner Worlds, or anything of the sort.

Just a friendly reminder.
    This is the general rule for common arrancar, but there can be exceptions (see Starrk).

Quote Originally Posted by Free Hand View Post
    Maybe it's different for living Arrancar, maybe Soshi's just insane.

So what's the Michiko plot about?
    Sora, not Soshi, Soshi is dead. But there is a point here, he could be just crazy and hearing voices that aren't there, or have an inner hollow of sorts living in the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    He doesn't have to know that.
    And again, as HG reiterates, he could just be delusional.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #680
    Orc in the Playground

We might have to start referring to Soushi as Nagamichi, cuz he's only one letter away from being DEAD!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Fair enough, I suppose "he's crazy" and "living arrancar shenanigans" could encompass that. Mostly the crazy part.

As for Free Hand's other question:

The "Michiko plot" is basically about Callos's mortal medium, Michiko (barrier warrior girl), trying to recruit the other medium kids into the Yakuza-lite. Because it's totally safe to be in an illegal mafia. *Exaggerated thumbs-up*

But seriously, yeah, she's going to be interacting with all the kids who were in the gym. She's got it in her head she knows what's best.

Hopefully, balls will be rolling soon, and quickly.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Roger watched another car drive out of his garage, lighting a cigarette and leaning back on the stool he was on. Quiet day today, considering what had happened yesterday.

Note to self: If the suit goes wrong, let Josiah get microwaved.

Josiah was brilliant, no doubt, but he thought his expertise extended to all areas, so much so that because he thought he checked it that he couldn't possibly have missed anything. Granted, this was fine on the smaller projects, but when dealing with the big stuff it was vitally important that there was absolutely no chance of it trying to kill you.

With a sigh, the mechanic waited for his next customer, flicking the smoking dog-end into the bin.
    Okay, Steilos?

While I fully appreciate you wanting to make Roger a part of the team, I'm kind of frustrated with this whole little sub-plot.

I didn't specify how long he'd been working on the suit beyond "a while", and the same goes for the weapons. The whole test sequence had kind of been planned in my head, including him demonstrating the weapons that are, you know, on his character sheet.

You came in and basically said "lol no you can't have your character's written powers", even when no objections had been raised.

There will be time in the future for Roger and Josiah to cross- check work or whatnot. But Josiah's basically Tony Stark here, just with less money and ego. Somewhat. He generally doesn't screw up, and he's also pretty dang careful.

The armor isn't something he just made last week. It's been around, been tested, for a while.

I'm sorry, but in the future I'd like you to talk to me before having your character assume my character's physical inventions are ticking time bombs that are destined to fail.

EDIT: Incidentally, when it comes to making anything vaguely technological, Josiah's expertise pretty much does extend to all areas. That's kind of one of his core character traits, that he's staggeringly brilliant. He's not even useless, what with his work in helping the paralyzed walk and making better armor for police/military and so on.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-11-27 at 01:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #683

...Let me see if I have this right. So because Roger might be a little resentful of the fact that Josiah is Tony Stark, that he might not appreciate being cut out of the loop, as it were, that automatically means that I, as a player am basically saying that you can't have your character's powers? That... is kinda far from what I was thinking when I made that post. If I did not appreciate your choice of powers, I would have said so.

And while we're at it, 'ticking time bombs destined to fail'? That is rather the overexaggeration of what Roger is thinking. I know that Josiah is more than likely going to be entirely safe when working on whatever he's doing. Roger is just generally uneasy about anything he doesn't check over himself.

Hopefully I didn't get the wrong end of the stick there. I didn't tell you because I wasn't actually going to start a sub-plot about it - Roger isn't the kind of guy to let things bother him long enough to actually matter.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

This post was the biggest problem. You said "they're not ready yet", when...they were. You basically made a false assumption.

Again, I'm not saying "don't use Roger" or something. I think he might well end up a good counter-balance in some way or another. But I did not at all appreciate the assumptions you took in that post. As well as the statement "he thought his expertise crossed into all areas". It does.

All that aside, why is Roger checking this particular project? You just assumed he could be part of it, without at least asking me or berry. So what was meant to be a special pet project of my character, suddenly has another PC double-checking all his work.

Do you see where I maybe got a touch frustrated and confused?

25. - Top - End - #685

Hm. Lemme check. I didn't intend that Roger was actually part of the project, just that he happened to be looking in at the time - that he knew about it, but didn't actually partake. At least, that is what I had in mind when I posted it. As for the weapons not being ready yet, again, not my intention - this links back to Roger being possibly a little toocareful. Then again, considering how much of my intent was lost in translation from head to post, that's almost certainly my fault for not being clear eough.

Now that I go over what he said with a finer toothed comb, I can see how I might have appeared to be making assumptions and why that might leave you frustrated. I apologise for this.

I know that Josiah is an expert in everything technological. Roger doesn't actually like that fact, though, which is what I was going for. Perhaps part of the problem is the way I write, mixing 1st and 3rd person together so that opinions and facts are not always clear. I guess I'll try and be more careful about that in the future.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

While I can see where you're coming from, KD, it still seems you're mixing player and character opinions rather badly. Roger's assumptions are Roger's assumptions, and he holds little authority over the project, and none concerning Josiah's traits; jumping to your character's defense in this manner comes of as bit touchy-feely. Player characters are allowed to express faulty opinions on-screen when fitting their personality, after all.

You do have a point about Steilos possibly barging in... but why did you wait this long to bring it up?

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Because I was, like, a week into my new job, and it ended up slipping my mind? But the post I just quoted reminded me of it.

As well, how was he able to gain access to a secure armory like that? Sure, he's a high-ranked engineer, but so is Josiah. In the future, give me a head's up if he accesses that armory. Because Josiah would want to know if someone went around tampering with the armor.

Maybe I'm crossing wires a bit, but the post I linked had him say "It ain't finished yet". Not "I don't think they're finished", but "they're not finished". A statement of fact, not an OCD personality that assumes nobody can check technology but him.

I think the 1st & 3rd person mix feels like it blurs the lines.

I'll leave this be from now on, but it was still frustrating.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground

Dun... Dun... Duuuuun...

Man, I have been itching to write that tinfoil hat theory post for a while now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground

Cynical, but viable. I do like the idea, myself. Do I think it's accurate, not necessarily. But it is an interesting thought.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I think it's poppycock myself, but it's not unreasonable for a sentient Hollow bird to think Shinigami are bad.

But the world has trouble because of, essentially, resource mismanagement. Not because the Shinigami are keeping souls from leading brutal afterlives where they have holes torn into their very essence, and often end up subsumed into a collective beast of primal hunger and destruction.