New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

It's a delicious piece of propaganda, that's given. XD There are several character opinions I'd like to present for contrast, but I think it'll take a while before posting any of those will be appropriate.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #692
    Orc in the Playground

I personally rather enjoy Gabi's point of view.

Of course, it merrily ignores that...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...and here's where I spoiler things so Val doesn't get any metagame ideas...
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, really!
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...if Shinigami didn't do squat, the number of Hollow souls would increase exponentially, to the point where eventually there would be so many Hollows that nothing but Hollows would exist. However, if Hollows didn't exist, Soul Society would eventually become increasingly overcrowded, if not prone to more fits of civil war as the population increases led to greater unrest.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Alternatively...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soul Society, as it seems to exist in a near-infinite plane of existence, still fairly rich with resources, is open for expansion. Even better, your non-shinigami require no food. So you can more easily apply the logistics for setting up "satellite countries" or the like, if and when crowding becomes a problem.

Even though we know there are multiple Soul Societies. Likely each with much more room than their corresponding area on Earth. And thus, overcrowding is a non-issue.

I refuse to believe Hollows are at all "necessary" to existence. They're a mistake, when all is said and done.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #694
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Alternatively...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soul Society, as it seems to exist in a near-infinite plane of existence, still fairly rich with resources, is open for expansion. Even better, your non-shinigami require no food. So you can more easily apply the logistics for setting up "satellite countries" or the like, if and when crowding becomes a problem.

Even though we know there are multiple Soul Societies. Likely each with much more room than their corresponding area on Earth. And thus, overcrowding is a non-issue.

I refuse to believe Hollows are at all "necessary" to existence. They're a mistake, when all is said and done.
    Hm.

Spoiler
    Show
    They occur naturally, in that without Shinigami interference, a Plus always eventually becomes a Hollow. Nature has a way of regulating itself.

Maybe they aren't necessary, but they're much more akin to a lesser evil with a side benefit. When you stop to think about it, overcrowding may be a "non-issue" initially, but would eventually become so given enough time. Heck, mankind itself is a good example. Human population grew exponentially as it ran out of natural predators and widespread endemies (two out of the three elements that typically control populations in nature. The third is the availability of resources, i.e. food and water, which mankind has also circunvented, and which enabled its expansion in the first place).

Speaking from a pure environmental standpoint, Hollows actually DO play a part in the balance of population.

Also, don't forget that only the souls that have no inherent spiritual power don't get hungry. The more souls you get, the more spiritually empowered Plusses you have statistically, which might actually necessitate means to obtain enough food eventually. It wouldn't happen short-term, but considering the long lives of Soul Society inhabitants, it would happen EVENTUALLY.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #695
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alternatively...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Hueco Mundo is also just as infinite, and the logistics are even easier. No need to worry at all about accommodations and its' much more suited to the infighting both places are prone to. ^_^ In my view, SS is the mistake! At least the hollows are upfront about their shortcomings.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    1.)Near-infinite planes. For each Soul Society. If not actually infinite.
    2.)The flow between the two worlds doesn't seem exact.
    3.)Humanity is continually improving on ways to reduce the negative effects of things like hunger and overcrowding. Within the context of the Bleach world, I also estimate humanity would one day achieve space travel, and start colonizing beyond the earth, relieving that burden even more.

Hollows are not a lesser evil, they're just evil. They're not necessary. I will refuse to believe that they are.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    [Improptu Baby Shower]

Clanking sounds echo down the hallway to Natsuko's room, and shortly Emet appears in the doorway.

"Captains Takahashi and Hayashi. This being heard that Captain Hayashi's reproductive cycle had come to a successful conclusion. This being has concluded, based on observational evidence, that this being should provide congratulations to Captains Takahashi and Hayashi in response to this. Observation also lead this being to conclude that useful gifts should be provided. A such, this being has brought this."

Emet presents a rough pine box, filled inside with toy building blocks.

"This being has crafted these blocks out of spare seki-seki. In addition to providing possible amusement, they can double as an emergency shelter against reiryoku based attacks if in a suitable construction at the time."

The captain places the box somewhere out of the way, before bowing and returning to the doorway.

"This being does not fully understand the process revolving around an event such as this. As such, this being will leave before making a mistake. Or tripping and falling on the offspring of Captains Takahashi and Hayashi."

So who's giving Emet... The Talk?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

8. - Top - End - #698
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    1.)Near-infinite planes. For each Soul Society. If not actually infinite.
    2.)The flow between the two worlds doesn't seem exact.
    3.)Humanity is continually improving on ways to reduce the negative effects of things like hunger and overcrowding. Within the context of the Bleach world, I also estimate humanity would one day achieve space travel, and start colonizing beyond the earth, relieving that burden even more.

Hollows are not a lesser evil, they're just evil. They're not necessary. I will refuse to believe that they are.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soul Society in SPACE.

Somehow I'm envisioning a lot of 60's/70's-style astronauts.

As for the flow not being exact, that's because not all beings go to Soul Society if they die and remain on earth. Some of them go straight into the circle of reincarnation.

From a purely natural standpoint, Soul Society is a deviation in that they directly interfere with the cycle itself.

I'm not arguing that Hollows aren't evil, mind you - just that even evil beings have their place in the food chain.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    So who's giving Emet... The Talk?
    *Masaru gives a sigh*

"I suppose I can. At least this way I know he's getting good advice."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soul Society in SPACE.

Somehow I'm envisioning a lot of 60's/70's-style astronauts.

As for the flow not being exact, that's because not all beings go to Soul Society if they die and remain on earth. Some of them go straight into the circle of reincarnation.

From a purely natural standpoint, Soul Society is a deviation in that they directly interfere with the cycle itself.

I'm not arguing that Hollows aren't evil, mind you - just that even evil beings have their place in the food chain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't believe evil needs to be in the "food chain", though. I sincerely believe a world can exist without evil. I don't believe it will happen through pure human effort, but still. I'm not going to shrug and say "it's just part of the food chain".

10. - Top - End - #700
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey all,

Since i have no idea when myself, Inyuthebeatis, and Warheit are doing the friendly spar in the 9th Division Courtyard...i am going to go ahead and try to position it as happening the early evening before the baby being born (before the impromptu baby shower i think)...

i hope this is ok...I dont think we had anything in our short conversations up to this point which would make this a poor time to put the spar at...

having said that...if my character wanted could he attend the baby shower to briefly give a gift? I dont believe my character would know the parents too closely (though he has been around forever).

The Goto family is very family oriented and as the head of the Goto family, Hirokatsu would feel obliged to honor the birth.

I am not sure if it is ok to RP in two separate "in-game" times.

(since i will have little part of the spar i am watching, it may give me soemthing to do)

also..i am still looking to participate in a plot of some kind if there are any out there to be a part of..even if it is a minor role...

thanks again

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    My tinfoil hat theory does not really lack any holes. If the shinigami did not perform konsou, yes, all souls would turn to hollows, because that is what they do. Like Gabi said, Hueco Mundo is the end of the cycle. Soul are born in the Soul Society, they move to the mortal world, and then they go to Hueco Mundo to die, being absorbed in the singularity of the menos.

The menos, in this point, are the sink of superfluous souls, hollows eventually meld into menos, which is a permanent fusion in this game.

Also note that Gabi said Hueco Mundo was once lush (is it true? Who knows) I included that bit out of a simple consideration, if there were more souls going to Hueco Mundo, there would be more "spiritual organics" lets say to keep its ecosystem stable, and mor elikely than not, hollows wouldn't even ever have to leave the place, as far as feeding goes.

Except those scant few newborn hollows who have not made their first trip yet, or lost the taste for human souls. In this scenario, the original purpose of the shinigami was not to purify hollows, but to drive then back to Hueco Mundo.

Again, it is tinfoil at its full, the horrid truth at its worst and propaganda in totallity. But make no mistake, I did think this theory out and I odubt there are any holes in it not derived from the sort of human morality that the (super)natural world does not care about when developing a working system.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I refuse to believe things would be better in the scenario you describe, sorry.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    My tinfoil hat theory does not really lack any holes. If the shinigami did not perform konsou, yes, all souls would turn to hollows, because that is what they do. Like Gabi said, Hueco Mundo is the end of the cycle. Soul are born in the Soul Society, they move to the mortal world, and then they go to Hueco Mundo to die, being absorbed in the singularity of the menos.

The menos, in this point, are the sink of superfluous souls, hollows eventually meld into menos, which is a permanent fusion in this game.

Also note that Gabi said Hueco Mundo was once lush (is it true? Who knows) I included that bit out of a simple consideration, if there were more souls going to Hueco Mundo, there would be more "spiritual organics" lets say to keep its ecosystem stable, and mor elikely than not, hollows wouldn't even ever have to leave the place, as far as feeding goes.

Except those scant few newborn hollows who have not made their first trip yet, or lost the taste for human souls. In this scenario, the original purpose of the shinigami was not to purify hollows, but to drive then back to Hueco Mundo.

Again, it is tinfoil at its full, the horrid truth at its worst and propaganda in totallity. But make no mistake, I did think this theory out and I odubt there are any holes in it not derived from the sort of human morality that the (super)natural world does not care about when developing a working system.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, I like it in that it's relatively hole-free. But it doesn't explain why exactly Shinigami developed the way they did, and why they gained the apparent "upper hand" in this "relationship", considering that if they purified more Hollows than usual, they would actually DECREASE the population of Hueco Mundo, and thus it would remain lush (possibly hunting them into pseudo-extinction), as opposed to what looks like the "current balance" (Shinigami are slackers, therefore Hueco Mundo gets a lot more Hollows).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, I like it in that it's relatively hole-free. But it doesn't explain why exactly Shinigami developed the way they did, and why they gained the apparent "upper hand" in this "relationship", considering that if they purified more Hollows than usual, they would actually DECREASE the population of Hueco Mundo, and thus it would remain lush (possibly hunting them into pseudo-extinction), as opposed to what looks like the "current balance" (Shinigami are slackers, therefore Hueco Mundo gets a lot more Hollows).
    Spoiler
    Show
    The shinigami don't have an upper hand, hollows are just as capable of turning things they kill into more hollows.

And think about it, even now, with the shinigami "slacking" Hueco Mundo is still monumentally empty, and as a matter of fact, the white sands above are the grounded dust of the leaves of the canopy of a petrified forest of colossal proportions.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-11-27 at 10:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I refuse to believe things would be better in the scenario you describe, sorry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't remember seeing anyone say that it would be "better" that way. Whatever "better" really means.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't had as much fun writing for a character as I currently am for Emet in a long while.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Orc in the Playground

So I had this idea for a mini-plot, to be run either after or alongside Michiko's plot.

Rumors of a bullying gang start running about in the school. Supposedly, these delinquents are more violent than the run-of-the-mill disobedient student. They also seem to take great pains to conceal themselves, and only attack students from Phoenix Town High. Normally it wouldn't be something to catch the youngsters' attention, except that when one of the students ends up in the hospital, they find that the attacker appears to have drained him or her partially of his/her Reiryoku (this could offer a cue for Sayaka to join in. The kids are not necessarily acquainted with the nuances of their powers, and could very well need her to notice such relatively minor details).

Aaaaaaaand spoiler tags in case you want to join in but not spoil the surprise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In truth, the attackers are being controlled by the parasitic spawn of a wild but clever Hollow that is having them steal small amounts of Reiryoku at a time to increase its personal power. Doing so directly would incur the wrath of the Queen, which is why it uses this convoluted method - the parasitic spawn's Reiatsu is so minuscule in comparison that it doesn't so much as register as a spiritual presence.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-11-28 at 12:46 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ettin in the Playground

So...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like Renee's own drones?
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-11-28 at 01:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #709
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmmm...

Hey Kuroimaken. Think I could use this plot idea of yours as a way to introduce my ex-Shinigami character that I made a while back? Zaluxa?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

...wonder who the contract is on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #711
    Dwarf in the Playground

At some point, I want to make an Arrancar based off of this. Aspect of Death: Groove. Just imagine summoning dancing Hollow backup.

Also, I think the first in-RP appearance of Hado 80: Thousand-Fold Vector Cannon may be Magatsu retaliating against a basket of cookies.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-11-28 at 05:31 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

22. - Top - End - #712
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    So...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like Renee's own drones?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Similar, but not equal. And it's not done by Renee herself, so it doesn't point to her in the end.

Hmmm...

Hey Kuroimaken. Think I could use this plot idea of yours as a way to introduce my ex-Shinigami character that I made a while back? Zaluxa?
    I wouldn't mind, though I was thinking of it as a plot for something on a level the kids could handle (relatively low threat, but messy complications).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Thing is, I get the idea the Michiko plot will have the kids pretty focused. I'm not sure if there's room to shove in a parasite hollow in there. You might try asking Callos about it.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

There's one thing I have to ask:

Any reason why it can't be Reene? Because that does sound like something she might do.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    There's one thing I have to ask:

Any reason why it can't be Reene? Because that does sound like something she might do.
    Making a guess, but...Because Kuroi wants to run the character directly? Dunno, though.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Right, so, beyond a bit of bruhaha about some outside comments I made, I didn't really get any input on Vicente's Segunda Etapa.

Here is the most recent version.

If I don't here any suggestions or objections within a day, it's going up on his character sheet.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Dwarf in the Playground

Danza Irrompible (Unbreakable Dance): A refinement of the user's Hierro, Danza Irrompible renders her nearly invulnerable to all attacks below Captain-level unless the attacker is dance-fighting as well.

Thoughts?

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Danza Irrompible (Unbreakable Dance): A refinement of the user's Hierro, Danza Irrompible renders her nearly invulnerable to all attacks below Captain-level unless the attacker is dance-fighting as well.

Thoughts?
    ...How about: NO.

Why, you ask?

Because this makes it either:

1.)A completely worthless defense.
    or
    2.)The best defense ever.

Why?

1.)Either everyone just tags on descriptors saying they're "dance fighting", and this invulnerability is ignored.
    or
    2.)You enforce it more strictly than that, and we're all screwed. Because you can't just start dancing and expect your martial arts to work the same at all. Footwork is such a huge part of any fighting art that disrupting it means it's worthless. Thus, only someone trained in an art that already ecompasses dance moves could get past this block.

If this character's not aimed to already fight Captains, #2 would mean it's a pointless fight.

I'd be fine if you just said he had a "10% increase in Hierro against non-dancing opponents" or something. But total invulnerability? No sir.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    ...wonder who the contract is on.
    Who indeed. *cue maniacal laughter*

Btw, I hopefully fixed the post to account for your PM, tgva.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #720
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm. About 25-30% stronger against non-dance-fighting, as something more specific? This would have the added weakness that the attacks of the Arrancar and the (much weaker) minions she would summon with Garganta would be in time with generated ambient background music, and any attacks done gracefully and rhythmically count as dance-fighting (so just time your strikes to her own music and you can punch through her defense, if you don't have combat dancing practice or music of your own).

I see the problem since you pointed it out, but it wasn't intended to be that ludicrously strong. I'm now aiming for either Numeros or low-end Fraccion power for her; she has a few gimmicks that make her nasty, but find a way around them and she's not all that strong.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-11-28 at 12:38 PM.