New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

... speed?

As noted, Mihail is incapable of Sonido. His method of air travel is also much more limited than that of most other characters. He doesn't have a single ability with a long range.

All in all, he's one of the least mobile characters in the game.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #812
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah, but you said that with his wings he can move faster than an average Sonido. Considering that along with three-dimensional movement, he has much more mobility than the average character. And since a touch from him causes his reiatsu to cripple healing, hand-to-hand fighting is a very poor idea against him. And if he gets a hold of an opponents weapon (not hard considering his Hierro), that's two methods of fighting that are just about useless against him.

Also, a Quincy's Ginto are limited at best; I think that Mayumi, who has ten, has more than the average Quincy. And I don't think that Vizards have any power beyond their masks. Not that we know that for certain; all of the Vizards in canon have also been Shinigami, never just ordinary humans. So, losing a primary weapon is a huge liability. I'm not saying that it can't be used, but he has an awful lot alongside that.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

The "supress powers for as long as he can hold the weapon" bit is fine. But the "shatter zanpakutou for a day"... Can't see anyone allowing that one to happen. Might as well take it out entirely.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #814
    Orc in the Playground

He can accelerate to speeds greater than average Sonido and keep it up for very long time, but can't hover or change direction abruptly.
    This bit is what I was referring to. The inability to change directions just means its usefulness as an attack tool is slightly diminished, forcing his assault to be primarily charge-based, but it's just fine for evasion purposes, which typically require you to flee in only one direction anyway.

Which means your best bet is to attack him at range and trust you can evade him when he charges. Also.
    Needle of Sorrow

Mihail's greatest ability, it manifests as a black stinger emerging from his right wrist, then growing to the lenght of a longspear before severing from the root. The tip of the weapon holds horrible concentration of power, smoldering with a flame of unlight, and is capable of piercing strongest of Hierros and Bakudos with Mihail's strenght. The shaft, however, is safe for anyone to hold. Mihail has to extinquish the tip of the spear with his left hend to dispell the weapon. He can only manifest on at a time, but can always create seconds if the spear is (somehow) destroyed.
    Means he can throw it. If he hits, the target is probably left with horrible wounds and thus becomes slower. If he misses, he just has to recover it - and considering his greatest strength is melee-based, no one would be stupid enough to make the assumption to steal the spear FROM him, or stand around when he comes for it.

Considering he has inhuman strength, he can probably throw it pretty damn fast, or accelerate and throw it.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Frankly, I just don't think it should be so damn easy for him to shatter part of someone's soul.

Remember how dramatic it was when Elder broke a couple of Zanpakuto? This guy turns that into a parlor trick. One that takes no effort at all. It feels cheap.

And even if higher level Shinigami and Arrancar could pwn him, I doubt he'd be fighting such people. He seems like a low-Seated level character. Which means he's got some pretty good tricks up his sleeve.

-Really powerful Hierro
    -Sharp nails for close combat
    -The Hollowing equivalent of a lich's phylactery
    -Super-strong
    -Super-reflexes; people might outrun him, but he's likely going to be able to dodge a lot of close-in attacks. Otherwise "super-fast reflexes" is kind of pointless.
    -Wings that give him sonido-equivalent flight with marginally less maneuverability, as well as more sharp things and tough things to attack and defend with
    -Trying to absorb his energy makes the opponent weaker
    -He makes it hard to heal the wounds he inflicts
    -He can, with a mere glass of water, heal others (and possibly himself?)
    -He gets a spear with a super-piercing attack that ignores basically any "hard" defense ("soft" being dodges and the like)

And yet he's not supposed to be that bad?

Dude, even that super-spear is suspect, especially if he's not supposed to be a VC-level character.

If he fought a Mortal Vizard, he would be pretty much guaranteed to kill them. Because no mask means no powers beyond perhaps slight physical boosts (I'm talking "peak human, or maybe 5% beyond that" type stuff) and the ability to see spirits. He can just grab their mask, then rip out their throat. Fight over.

Quincy would likely have a few moments of shock where he could do the same. Call it an even chance there.

Bount, it would basically be a battle of attrition...except he'd be winning, because he doesn't need to take in energy like they do, and he's making it harder and harder to regenerate, while they're likely doing Jack and Squat. So he's got a better than even chance.

Shinigami and Arrancar still have options, but...

Really, Kuroi nails it. This guy's built to basically make you run away and hope he doesn't catch up and kill you. Because there's not a damn sight else you can do.

Literally the only people with a better chance are Mediums that have less physical manifestations of their powers. And even then, they still have to deal with "nigh immortal and invincible".
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

Shatter actually doesn't look that bad to me. It's no different then Artemis' power to summon a zanpakuto's spirit from the last game except it requires that Mihail actually grab the weapon (I assume that wording was intentional and that just touching the weapon does no good) and it doesn't give him a powerful ally as well. Plus it has a set limitation on how long it lasts. Considering he's not going to be grabbing hold of anyone's zanpakuto unless the player wants him to, it becomes even less of a problem. Not to mention Artemis' more powerful version was accepted without qualms.

All it does, if it works, is compel the victim to use tactics they otherwise would only use as a fallback or retreat for a time. Neither of those things are bad in the least. Considering that bount, quincy, and vizards are able to resist the ability even more...Honestly, it's an interesting ability but it's not a game breaker by any stretch since his speed is only 'above average sonido' and only in straight lines. A simple side-step has his charge missing completely if one has above-par sonido. Or a good barrier may just as well stop him in his tracks.

I have more of a problem with Anathema considering, in those that have it, regeneration (Especially of the high speed kind) is typically the only schtick to those characters that possess it.

And a question with his spear, if he DID throw it (as Kuroimaken proposed above) does it hold it's same properties to whomever else picked it up afterwards? If so, it's like a canned food item carrying around a can opener with him.

EDIT: There's a difference (from what I read of it) between what Elder did and what Mihail does. Mihail, in essence, just suppresses a zanpakuto for a day. The blade disappears, it's releases can't be used, etc. I mean heck, the zanpakuto repairs itself which is just further indication that the wielder's soul/s aren't harmed in any fashion. Elder seemed to cause actual damage to the target's souls by snapping their zanpakuto.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-12-02 at 07:00 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    But the "shatter zanpakutou for a day"... Can't see anyone allowing that one to happen. Might as well take it out entirely.
    ... a similar case has already happened, with Allan and Elder.

What about giving a similar limit to Metastacia's - usable only once per night?

All in all, there is a very simple defense against it, most characters are very trigger happy with their releases already. For example, to block Donovan, he'd have to know the tie is his doll, because otherwise he'll have to fight the hangman regardless. The ability was written with the thought in mind that a) he might be fighting against characters with nothing to supress (Kaito, Reiji) and b) there are Shikais that lack anything viable he could touch.

Again, supression for Vizard Masks and Quincy bows is supposed to be very temporary - mainly because they're proven to remanifest broken "weapons" near instantly in other cases as well.

(A note about the spear - he can't dispel it unless he's holding it. The implication also is that it doesn't get destroyed by accident. I did specify it's safe to use by others for a reason...)

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I hated Artemis's ability too; I was just "outvoted" by others.

I just don't like powers that so thoroughly rob a character of his powers and options.

It's not "interesting", it's "hell no I won't let that happen". So I don't see the point of having it.

Even without it, he's a viciously dangerous opponent with a false flaw of lacking sonido; all he needs to do is use his flight in short bursts, and he's fine.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    ... a similar case has already happened, with Allan and Elder.

What about giving a similar limit to Metastacia's - usable only once per night?

All in all, there is a very simple defense against it, most characters are very trigger happy with their releases already. For example, to block Donovan, he'd have to know the tie is his doll, because otherwise he'll have to fight the hangman regardless. The ability was written with the thought in mind that a) he might be fighting against characters with nothing to supress (Kaito, Reiji) and b) there are Shikais that lack anything viable he could touch.

Again, supression for Vizard Masks and Quincy bows is supposed to be very temporary - mainly because they're proven to remanifest broken "weapons" near instantly in other cases as well.

(A note about the spear - he can't dispel it unless he's holding it. The implication also is that it doesn't get destroyed by accident. I did specify it's safe to use by others for a reason...)
    What about Zanpakutou that have long range attacks, such as, say, Kazuma's? Basically, the bigger your weapon, the easier it is to grab it. This bones Quincys particularly hard, as their bows are typically their own height or bigger (even if you consider that they can reform them faster).

Here's a thought. How about making his ability to seal in Zanpakutou/other abilities proportional to the time spent grabbing them, with differences accounted for regarding released/unreleased states and differences in Reiatsu, or making it a hard time limit (that could pass in a battle)? For example, if he holds an opponent's Zanpakutou for 5 seconds, it gets resealed for 60 seconds. If said Zanpakutou is not released, double that. If it's not a Zanpakutou, one-quarter that (15 seconds is enough time to deliver some major damage).

Considering the ability does not require a gamble (i.e. he doesn't spend Reiatsu to activate it, he doesn't need an energy upkeep to keep it active) and that he could conceivably grasp an opponent's power source more than once per fight, it seems more reasonable to me. Something like Izuru Kira's ability without having a stupid effect.

Even an opponent that used his own spear against him would have to be desperate enough to try it (I assume this is the intent you had with the "anyone can safely hold it, only the tip is dangerous" bit).

I see Reiji getting seriously boned against this guy. While his powers have less physical manifestations, he doesn't have the means to evade head-on charges as well as most of the cast (seriously, he's the relatively least mobile of all of them). Lack of regeneration or access to healing Kidou also means any wounds he suffers would permanently cripple him.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

He has to actually flap his wings. Accelerating to top speed takes time and requires a lot of space. Using them in "short bursts" is just hopping on the ground. I'll need to clarify this in the write-up, it seems.

Again, I felt confident making the ability specifically because I don't consider it an autowin against those Mihail is likely to be fighting. Also, my experience tells there are players here who aren't adverse to having their characters disabled - so I won't take "no-one will let that happen" as a reason to abandon it.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    What about Zanpakutou that have long range attacks, such as, say, Kazuma's? Basically, the bigger your weapon, the easier it is to grab it. This bones Quincys particularly hard, as their bows are typically their own height or bigger (even if you consider that they can reform them faster).
    Long range attacks - if it's not part of the main weapon, grabbing it has no effects. In Kazuma's case, he could use his own inhuman strenght to sever the chain making up his weapon from one link - or just yank him around, since he's as strong or stronger. Because of this, I absolutely can't fathom why you think Quincy's would have the slightest problems - they attack from range, so they are least likely to have their weapon grabbed in the first place.

As a comment to you all, I'd say you're placing too much weight on the idea that he can supress a weapon and/or your own antipathy towards the idea, and ignoring how hard it can be for him to actually meet requirements of the ability.

Here's a thought. How about making his ability to seal in Zanpakutou/other abilities proportional to the time spent grabbing them, with differences accounted for regarding released/unreleased states and differences in Reiatsu, or making it a hard time limit (that could pass in a battle)? For example, if he holds an opponent's Zanpakutou for 5 seconds, it gets resealed for 60 seconds. If said Zanpakutou is not released, double that. If it's not a Zanpakutou, one-quarter that (15 seconds is enough time to deliver some major damage).
    His ability, outside the special case of shattering sealed blades, is pretty much this already - expect that the supression ends immediatly when his hold slips. Since we long ago came to the conclusion that one second is a long time in battle, I don't really see that specific timelimits would improve the ability any.

Considering the ability does not require a gamble (i.e. he doesn't spend Reiatsu to activate it, he doesn't need an energy upkeep to keep it active) and that he could conceivably grasp an opponent's power source more than once per fight, it seems more reasonable to me. Something like Izuru Kira's ability without having a stupid effect.
    He needs to get close enough to grab it and devote attention to doing so (sometimes, he also has to cling on to it for his dear life) - that is the gamble. Seriously people, you are ignoring how hard it can be to catch a weapon barehanded.

Even an opponent that used his own spear against him would have to be desperate enough to try it (I assume this is the intent you had with the "anyone can safely hold it, only the tip is dangerous" bit).
    Does "about to be stabbed to death" count as desperate enough?

I see Reiji getting seriously boned against this guy. While his powers have less physical manifestations, he doesn't have the means to evade head-on charges as well as most of the cast (seriously, he's the relatively least mobile of all of them). Lack of regeneration or access to healing Kidou also means any wounds he suffers would permanently cripple him.
    Wihout going to specific battle tactics, you're selling Reiji short. He used all powers he'd need to triumph over future!Mihail already in his fight against Elder.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-12-02 at 07:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm going to say "NO" no matter what. Sorry dude, I just hate abilities along these lines, that flat-out deny parts of a character to someone. *Shrugs*

12. - Top - End - #822
    Orc in the Playground

He has to actually flap his wings. Accelerating to top speed takes time and requires a lot of space. Using them in "short bursts" is just hopping on the ground. I'll need to clarify this in the write-up, it seems.

Again, I felt confident making the ability specifically because I don't consider it an autowin against those Mihail is likely to be fighting. Also, my experience tells there are players here who aren't adverse to having their characters disabled - so I won't take "no-one will let that happen" as a reason to abandon it.
    So you basically intend to use it as a means to make the guy travel faster?

I'm still a little puzzled by why it affects characters differently, and so profoundly, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I like Big Damn Heroes moments as much as Kubo the next guy, but he just seems a little TOO dangerous to engage in hand-to-hand combat unless you're REALLY FREAKING CRAZY.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Frankly, I just don't think it should be so damn easy for him to shatter part of someone's soul.
    The sword is just a vessel, the actual power lies within. Ichigo's first sword was chopped to pieces after all.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    The sword is just a vessel, the actual power lies within. Ichigo's first sword was chopped to pieces after all.
    Yeah, and he had to go through Urahara's hell training/Arrancarization procedure to get it back.

EDIT: Probably not the best example, as he was also stabbed in the two spiritual control points as well. Renji's sword seems like a better way to display it (when he uses his Broken Baboon Fang move). IF we consider the Zanpakutou Lost Tales arc, one could also remember

Spoiler
    Show
    Soden no Shirayuki got split in half and was fixed later, but took some meddling.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-12-02 at 07:55 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ettin in the Playground

So you basically intend to use it as a means to make the guy travel faster?

I'm still a little puzzled by why it affects characters differently, and so profoundly, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I like Big Damn Heroes moments as much as Kubo the next guy, but he just seems a little TOO dangerous to engage in hand-to-hand combat unless you're REALLY FREAKING CRAZY.
    The reason Shatter works differently for different creatures is simply because rules of spiritual weapons work differently for different creatures; losing a zanpakuto is a big deal, but if a Vizard's mask gets cracked, all it needs is wave of a hand to get it fixed. Quincies summon bows from thin air, Medium just need to concentrate etc. When I crafted it, my rule of a thumb was: "the more it deviates from Shinigami abilities, the less effective the supression is." So, Shinigami and Arrancar who have their abilities locked in a sword take the brunt of the blow, others shrug it off at varying paces. The ability was directly inspired by Metastacia from canon.

His craziness in close combat is very relative - inhuman strenght isn't that impressive when most of the cast qualifies. Even his special reiatsu is only useful if he can wound an opponent - and quite many opponents have defenses against that. There are quite many characters I consider equal or better than him in melee.

Even if fighting him in melee is assisted suicide, fact is that most characters have ranged options or other advantages against him - I did my best to ensure that.

Yeah, and he had to go through Urahara's hell training/Arrancarization procedure to get it back.
    Not quite. Ichigo's kitchen knife has gotten shattered in multiple fights. In his fight against Kenpachi, Ken-chan pushed his nodachi through Zangetsu as if it was tin foil - fast forward a boring inner world scenario, and look, Ichigo had a new blade!
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-12-02 at 07:56 PM.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Orc in the Playground

The reason Shatter works differently for different creatures is simply because rules of spiritual weapons work differently for different creatures; losing a zanpakuto is a big deal, but if a Vizard's mask gets cracked, all it needs is wave of a hand to get it fixed. Quincies summon bows from thin air, Medium just need to concentrate etc. When I crafted it, my rule of a thumb was: "the more it deviates from Shinigami abilities, the less effective the supression is." So, Shinigami and Arrancar who have their abilities locked in a sword take the brunt of the blow, others shrug it off at varying paces. The ability was directly inspired by Metastacia from canon.

His craziness in close combat is very relative - inhuman strenght isn't that impressive when most of the cast qualifies. Even his special reiatsu is only useful if he can wound an opponent - and quite many opponents have defenses against that. There are quite many characters I consider equal or better than him in melee.

Even if fighting him in melee is assisted suicide, fact is that most characters have ranged options or other advantages against him - I did my best to ensure that.

Not quite. Ichigo's kitchen knife has gotten shattered in multiple fights. In his fight against Kenpachi, Ken-chan pushed his nodachi through Zangetsu as if it was tin foil - fast forward a boring inner world scenario, and look, Ichigo had a new blade!
    I see your point. Though frankly, I'm not sure it's a good balance standard either. Taking Kazuma again as an example (since he's theoretically of low-seated level - though as the Soul Society thread points out, it's more on the basis he's not regarded as higher seated material based on admnistration qualities rather than raw power. After his training are complete, I'd say he makes a decent, if fairly low, Vice-Captain level): his basic schtick is "my sword cuts creatures with high Reiatsu better". Even his self-devised technique relies on him coming closer. His kusari-gama isn't so fast that Mihail wouldn't be able to catch it (as pointed before, bigger weapons are easier to grasp). Even considering he has well above average strength I don't see him beating Mihail on a contest of sheer strength. And his Houken still shatters/harms bone, so that's not a smart idea either - not against that strong a Hierro. He can't do incantantionless Kidou (been meaning to revise that after watching the Zanpakutou Lost Tales Arc - even Renji, the guy who blows himself up every now and then, can do Shakkahou incantationless. Wasn't sure it would be a good idea though). What options does he have left, assuming the limit of "seal for a day"?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

Run circles around him and blast him with a fully chanted kido?

Run high into the air, lure Mihai after him - and slam against his wings at a critical moment, making him fall, or forcing him to spend all his effort to stay afloat?

Grab him in a chokehold?

All in all, it seems I clearly need to come up with some form of benchmark for Mihail's strenght - the assumption that he can just overpower everyone is false. Inhuman strenght is a requirement, not an edge, against most of the cast. Go Ken would have a decent shot against him.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Orc in the Playground

Those numbers sure are looking good right now.

Those would be my guesses, too.

I think some more in-depth explanations might work best at conveying your thoughts on Mihail, FF. Seems like much of the dislike he's getting is due to exaggeration.

Example: On strength. Is he real life me Sado?
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-12-02 at 08:20 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ettin in the Playground

Eventually, he'll have similar strenght. Right now, there's no way he's going to catch a falling construction beam or ripping a lamppost off the ground.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Orc in the Playground

Or shatter a moving motorcyclist's helmet with his fist. >.> <.<;;

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

Slight revision of the powerset. Clarified his speed, strenght and how Shatter works. Changes bolded.

Hollowing:

Spoiler
    Show
    First change is Mihail's skin becoming opaque white, akin to porcelain. His nails become long and black, and black lines run from his joints towards them. He gains extremely powerful Hierro, near-unbreakable by physical blows. He can also turn his nails, shins or arm razor sharp, making them as dangerous as any weapon.

He can only transform further by turning immaterial first. Barring Shinigami apparrel or someone pushing him out of his body, he can also achieve this by drinking three glasses of water.

Second change is him growing two large, smooth steel wings from his back. They too have sharp edges and are extremely durable. They are fully functional, allowing Mihail to fly. While in the air, he can gradually accelerate to speeds greater than average Sonido and keep it up for very long time, but can't hover or change direction abruptly; he needs to atually flap his wings to stay afloat.

Third change is initiated by Mihail tearing a hole where his heart should be and ripping out his life essence. Flesh will burn away from the wound, leaving a neat round gap, and a beating steel heart will form within it. The essence will take form of a glowing white orb that pulsates in the rhythm of his heart. As long as this orb is kept safe somehow, Mihail cannot be killed for good. Destroying it will make it impossible for him to return to a mortal state, reducing him to an ordinary Hollow.

General abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mihail is much stronger than normal humans (think Sado from canon) and possesses reflexes quick enough to keep track of inhumanly fast opponents. He is incapable of Cero or its derivants, Sonido, Pesquisa and Garganta.

Special abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anathema

Mihail's spiritual power is inherently unusable and harmful to anyone else. Attempts to absorb his energy will cause more harm to the attacker than him. His Reiatsu sticks into wounds he causes, suppressing regeneration and making healing Kido extremely difficult. Even his mere touch leaves a mark when he's manifesting his power - his hands will leave black stains on any bare skin he touches. This isn't harmful in itself, but the stains usually take a day or two to fade on their own, unless they are violently removed.

Heal

In exchange for a glass of water, Mihail can heal injuries of a person. The subject will be restored to a stable condition, with all life-threatening wounds mended. However, this ability cannot regenerate lost extremities (though it can reattach them), nor does it restore Reiatsu or consciousness. A person who is knocked out or fatigued will remain so.

Shatter

Once per night, if Mihail can grab hold of a sealed Zanpakuto, he can cause it to shatter, denying the owner any releases he might normally be capable of. This works for Shinigami and Hollow Zanpakutos alike. Any blade destroyed in this manner returns to normal after one day. In addition, if he can grab hilt or blade of Shinigami Zanpakuto in Shikai, he can supress any powers it grants for as long as he can keep hold of the weapon. (Any sort of detachments or projectiles created by a Shikai are not affected.)

This power has variant uses for other physical manifestations of spiritual power as well. Mihail can sweep off a Vizard's mask, lock a Bount doll in one form by holding on to it, or dispel a Quincy's bow. However, these supressions are much more brief, the powers often returning as soon as their wielders call them or when Mihail's hold slips.

Needle of Sorrow

Mihail's greatest ability, it manifests as a black stinger emerging from his right wrist, then growing to the lenght of a longspear before severing from the root. The tip of the weapon holds horrible concentration of power, smoldering with a flame of unlight, and is capable of piercing strongest of Hierros and Bakudos with Mihail's strenght. The shaft, however, is safe for anyone to hold. Mihail has to extinquish the tip of the spear with his left hend to dispell the weapon. He can only manifest one at a time, but can always create seconds if the spear is (somehow) destroyed.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-12-03 at 07:36 AM.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Orc in the Playground

Definitely looks better.

Shatter seems more manageable as well.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

Based on what has been said, I'd like to get the chance to read Mihail over and make sure I'm alright with the idea. Unfortunately, I won't have time until this weekend to go over the characters I need to, so would you mind holding off on stuff until I get the chance? I'm busy and in need of catching up on sleep, so I have to slow down and take my time.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ettin in the Playground

No pressure, I'm going to be away for the weekend myself. Mihail won't be getting his powers in a while anyway.

Sayuri is still waiting for a yes or no, BTW.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Pixie in the Playground

It looks somewhat better now, though I'm still a bit leery of Shatter. But, you let me make a sniper with ridiculous range, and as you put it, I welcome the tactical challenge of losing a Zanpakutou (I paraphrased a bit)

Also, for Horngeek and Wahrheit, Cassandra (or one of them) is still waiting for a response from y'all. Just a friendly reminder.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

For anyone who was wondering what Taiki's Bankai would look like if you could see it...imagine him wearing these wings.

I will get to all the things I have to look at tomorrow. Sorry for taking so long to catch up with everything.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Frozen, you're not going to like this, but I'm not going to say "okay" to the character unless Shatter goes away. It may be that means I'm that one cranky guy when everyone else says "fine", but there it is.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Slight revision of the powerset. Clarified his speed, strenght and how Shatter works. Changes bolded.

Hollowing:

Spoiler
    Show
    First change is Mihail's skin becoming opaque white, akin to porcelain. His nails become long and black, and black lines run from his joints towards them. He gains extremely powerful Hierro, near-unbreakable by physical blows. He can also turn his nails, shins or arm razor sharp, making them as dangerous as any weapon.

He can only transform further by turning immaterial first. Barring Shinigami apparrel or someone pushing him out of his body, he can also achieve this by drinking three glasses of water.

Second change is him growing two large, smooth steel wings from his back. They too have sharp edges and are extremely durable. They are fully functional, allowing Mihail to fly. While in the air, he can gradually accelerate to speeds greater than average Sonido and keep it up for very long time, but can't hover or change direction abruptly; he needs to atually flap his wings to stay afloat.

Third change is initiated by Mihail tearing a hole where his heart should be and ripping out his life essence. Flesh will burn away from the wound, leaving a neat round gap, and a beating steel heart will form within it. The essence will take form of a glowing white orb that pulsates in the rhythm of his heart. As long as this orb is kept safe somehow, Mihail cannot be killed for good. Destroying it will make it impossible for him to return to a mortal state, reducing him to an ordinary Hollow.

General abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mihail is much stronger than normal humans (think Sado from canon) and possesses reflexes quick enough to keep track of inhumanly fast opponents. He is incapable of Cero or its derivants, Sonido, Pesquisa and Garganta.

Special abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anathema

Mihail's spiritual power is inherently unusable and harmful to anyone else. Attempts to absorb his energy will cause more harm to the attacker than him. His Reiatsu sticks into wounds he causes, suppressing regeneration and making healing Kido extremely difficult. Even his mere touch leaves a mark when he's manifesting his power - his hands will leave black stains on any bare skin he touches. This isn't harmful in itself, but the stains usually take a day or two to fade on their own, unless they are violently removed.

Heal

In exchange for a glass of water, Mihail can heal injuries of a person. The subject will be restored to a stable condition, with all life-threatening wounds mended. However, this ability cannot regenerate lost extremities (though it can reattach them), nor does it restore Reiatsu or consciousness. A person who is knocked out or fatigued will remain so.

Shatter

Once per night, if Mihail can grab hold of a sealed Zanpakuto, he can cause it to shatter, denying the owner any releases he might normally be capable of. This works for Shinigami and Hollow Zanpakutos alike. Any blade destroyed in this manner returns to normal after one day. In addition, if he can grab hilt or blade of Shinigami Zanpakuto in Shikai, he can supress any powers it grants for as long as he can keep hold of the weapon. (Any sort of detachments or projectiles created by a Shikai are not affected.)

This power has variant uses for other physical manifestations of spiritual power as well. Mihail can sweep off a Vizard's mask, lock a Bount doll in one form by holding on to it, or dispel a Quincy's bow. However, these supressions are much more brief, the powers often returning as soon as their wielders call them or when Mihail's hold slips.

Needle of Sorrow

Mihail's greatest ability, it manifests as a black stinger emerging from his right wrist, then growing to the lenght of a longspear before severing from the root. The tip of the weapon holds horrible concentration of power, smoldering with a flame of unlight, and is capable of piercing strongest of Hierros and Bakudos with Mihail's strenght. The shaft, however, is safe for anyone to hold. Mihail has to extinquish the tip of the spear with his left hend to dispell the weapon. He can only manifest one at a time, but can always create seconds if the spear is (somehow) destroyed.
    I am ok with ability I think, but only one problem. Why to have such a powerful healing ability? To need very tiny amount of water to make all healing characters useless. Since his ability is to make other people cannot use ability, and then to have such a support healing ability I'm not sure I like it. Because to make support characters useless.

It does not seem useful ability for self also. Maybe some people would say it is unfair too.

In the last BleachITP game, my character Hazuki, a 4th division shinigami, was to try to use her shikai healing ability to do this kind of heal on another character, but the community said it was too powerful, and could not be used. So I think this kind of ability is too powerful since it is not a shikai ability in this game even, but only side ability and not heal focus character.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

That's actually a very good point.

Even if it's not "you're fully restored to tip-top fighting shape", three glasses of water is stupidly cheap. Oh, but you say "He can't carry glasses of water into battle", to which I respond "But he can carry a water bottle thermos, or similar container". Unless there's some strange magic that requires the water to be in 3 8-oz open glasses to actually provide the benefit. Which...would just be kind of inane.

Really, he's full of false weaknesses. "He's not quite so fast" is covered over by "fast reflexes" and "super-tough body". Which, again, includes a not-dying failsafe that's equivalent to a lich's phylactery.

Really, he's a powerful Hollowing if he just had super-strength, super-toughness, super-reflexes, super-fast-flight, claws, that super-spear, and the whole "your wounds barely heal" thing.
    Adding in an effectively free healing method, and then an ability to, even if for a moment, drastically reduce the power of his opponent (and again, that split second would be a death sentence for any mortal Vizard fighting him, because it leaves them utterly powerless).

"Locking a Bount's doll into one form" is now effectively useless if he doesn't catch on what it is before they use it at all. Which is doubtful, as it seems to be something that occurs when he's in his Hollowing form. So, you lock the Doll into the beast form or whatever...so what? Now the Bount opponents have a 50% chance of not giving a crap, because their Doll is "locked" in a form it would stay inside anyways.

That's all besides the point that he seems tailor-made to screw over Shinigami characters. "Oh, you want to fight me close up, a strategy that your Academy encourages due to the nature of your zanpakuto's cleansing ability, as well as being the dominant fighting method of over half the Shinigami in the Gotei? Sorry, you're out your main source of power for the day. Hope you're not sucky at Kido, and that you can run away fast enough to not get impaled by my unstoppable spear!"

You see why all this stuff piled together is a concern, beyond my innate dislike for powers that strip other characters of their powers (even if for shorter lengths of time for some)?

30. - Top - End - #840
    Orc in the Playground

Even if it's not "you're fully restored to tip-top fighting shape", three glasses of water is stupidly cheap. Oh, but you say "He can't carry glasses of water into battle", to which I respond "But he can carry a water bottle thermos, or similar container". Unless there's some strange magic that requires the water to be in 3 8-oz open glasses to actually provide the benefit. Which...would just be kind of inane.
    Or if you're fighting in an urban environment at all, bust open a water main.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show