New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

*pats Kuro on the back*

Don't worry, they might yet have another chance.

'sides, this is supposed to be a covert terrorist strike, not full-blown assault.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Awww, Rouga and Serazel would have LOVED to join the strike team...
    "If Ah want'd a talkin' rock and Mist-Man, Ah would had called ye."

Or, in OOC terms, the three Genoveva brought along are expendable. And as much as Genoveva would be willing to sacrifice Rouga and Serazel, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't. Plus what FF said. A small group can move quickly (something Rouga can't do though) and with greater effectiveness under the right mind.

EDIT: But hey, if your willing for either of those two to very possibly be used as human shields/distractions/temporary power boost then I'd be happy to retcon...something to make it possible.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-12-08 at 03:18 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #903
    Orc in the Playground

Well, Rouga is pretty much made of Plotinium, so actually killing him might be a difficult proposition, provided he ain't dogpiled by Captains. Serazel would be more interested in doing reconaissance and such for the time a full-blown assault DOES happen. But I won't force it.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ettin in the Playground

It's too bad Mihail's chances of meeting Rouga are so small - he's the only one I can think of who might actually consider blocking the Needle with his face.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, several points and questions.

1) I don't recall if I mentioned Cassandra having Blank Gigais, but if no one minds her having that, it fits in her powers and it makes things much easier for me.

2) What day is the day of chaos? It was mentioned that Kujo's henchmen were in the graveyard, so I imagine that it wasn't the same day as Cassandra and Mihail's fight. However, it still seems to be the same day in the Soul Society, which was about a week ahead (Day +7) of the Mortal World (Day +1), so it seems like we're handling a full-blown Timey Wimey ball here.

3) Would anyone mind Seiko or Daisuke (but not both) finding some of the arrancars? Seiko's off-duty, so he'd be wandering around somewhere, and Daisuke may be able to feel them.

Okay, that's it.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ettin in the Playground

Seiko might get more involved than he can imagine. Daisuke, sure, once things start picking up.

Mortal World and Soul Society are indeed 6 days apart. This is horribly inconvenient, but I hope the events of this plot will slow down time in SS enough so that MW can catch up.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, they are there to be encountered. Go right ahead. (That goes for you too Sucrose).
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #908
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, that curiously cryptic comment by Frozen confused me (yay for alliteration!). Should I throw Seiko in there myself, or did y'all have a plan already for involving him? I would hate to be an accidental Spanner in the Works, after all.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ettin in the Playground

Why, Seiko will get an official alert from his Captain! I'm just waiting for Terry to finish up his post, might even happen tonight.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Orc in the Playground

In the meantime, Kazuma traaaaaaaaaaaains.

Choo-choo.

Seriously, Michiko didn't even CONSIDER calling more backup than Seiko!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #911
    Bugbear in the Playground

HAHAHA FROZE.

I LIKE HOW YOU IMPLY THAT I AVOID THIS THREAD LIKE THE PLAGUE.

It's soooooooo funny. I might just have a bloody aneurysm over it.

The only BITP thread I avoid really is HC.

...I don't know why. I guess it's cause I have to really work to write crazy schizoid Cecilia.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    In the meantime, Kazuma traaaaaaaaaaaains.

Choo-choo.

Seriously, Michiko didn't even CONSIDER calling more backup than Seiko!
    Actually, the idea is that she has the rest of the Division available - and kinda just forgot about Kazuma. XD

I'll try to have Nasumi do something crazy to offset your anger.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Orc in the Playground

You know he's going to show up and be completely and utterly pissed that his training was interrupted, don't you.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Uh...damn. Um.

Yeah, time for full-spectrum response.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Uh...damn. Um.

Yeah, time for full-spectrum response.
    Seems like an appropriate response.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Right, so. 12th Division explicitly has dimensional-monitoring tech. I figure them being the ones to first raise the alarm isn't too out of whack.

Roughly speaking, the idea is for Masaru to perhaps end up confronting Genny. All told, they're roughly equal in their respective groups.

Also, all Captains, Vice-Captains, Officers, and Unseated in Soul Society can assume they will be informed of the situation when they next post. 12th sent out what must be hundreds, if not thousands, of messages. Because this may well be Stage 1 of an invasion, so this is no time to mess around.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Barbarian in the Playground

Right, so. 12th Division explicitly has dimensional-monitoring tech. I figure them being the ones to first raise the alarm isn't too out of whack.

Roughly speaking, the idea is for Masaru to perhaps end up confronting Genny. All told, they're roughly equal in their respective groups.

Also, all Captains, Vice-Captains, Officers, and Unseated in Soul Society can assume they will be informed of the situation when they next post. 12th sent out what must be hundreds, if not thousands, of messages. Because this may well be Stage 1 of an invasion, so this is no time to mess around.
    They're monitoring the senkai gates too? Or is this just for the garganta?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    They're monitoring the senkai gates too? Or is this just for the garganta?
    It's more than they detected a Garganta, went on high alert, searched for any/all dimensional breaches, and noted the still-open Gate.

Even if they hadn't detected it, Masaru's actions would still have been the same in the end. Senkai Gate are big and noticeable. Thus, he'd have seen it open and active. And ordered it shut down and guarded heavily.

Incidentally, I'd hope that those on the "attack team" would speak to me before just assuming they get to mow down any and all guards of said gate. If they use an alternate escape system, all the better.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Pixie in the Playground

Question 1:
    I am confused on when all this invasion stuff is happening. I am currently watching a spar between a fellow 9th Division member and a 2nd Division member.

Question 2: (associated to first)
    The post about some of the Captains goign to the Zero Division, did that happen before this invasion? AS my Captain was one of them do i assume leadership of the 9th until an offical Captain can be named?

Question 3: (associted to all of this)
    Can I post in two times at once? (since i am still invovled with watching something from the day of the birth (before the evening)

Question 4:
    Does this invasion already have a set number of participants for the battles and encounters? (i dont want to step on people's toes)

I might have more questions...thanks for the help
    Aaron

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

1.)I believe it is occurring at least a day later than anything else that happened in Soul Society before. Aka "Just long enough in the future to not worry about it".

2.)That occurs before the invasion. As for assuming command, that's kind of what a VC is for, at least in the short term. Long-term command can be worked out soon enough. After there's not an invasion.

3.)If you clearly mark them, such as saying "Past: During the Spar at 9th" and "Present: Invasion", or something similar.

4.)I believe the fights are not totally set yet.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Question 4:
    Does this invasion already have a set number of participants for the battles and encounters? (i dont want to step on people's toes)

I might have more questions...thanks for the help
    Aaron
    Depends on who you intend to go after I'd imagine. I have no real plans for the arrancar though so if you want Goto to fight the short one (or help Damara, Goro, or Masaru) then I'm game.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks KD... as for the 2nd question...i know that is a VC's job...i only asked, because it is a little unclear on how it all went down...i mean, it would be a big deal for my character to take over for the Captain, as they had worked so well together...it seems a very amicable means for leaving...however i dont want to assume on the part the Captain and how they went about it with regards to myself and the other player characters in the division...since it happened so quick it seems it would be prudent to lead the division as if they are all a bit shocked at the Captain leaving as well as a bit of a change having to look only to Hirokatsu as the leader of the 9th...especially in light of this invasion...

dont get me wrong, i think it is a cool thing to RP and seems fun...i just wanted to be clear on all of the timing so i can RP as appropriate as possible... the way i kind of think of it, is liek Kira during that Amagai Cpt filler in the anime...or at least the way Kira was seemingly before the Cpt was named...

anyways...i am babbling... sorry... thanks again KD

----

PS...anyone needing the services of the 9th Division, let me know..or if you see a part for them (regardless of rank needed) in anything going down...

1.)I believe it is occurring at least a day later than anything else that happened in Soul Society before. Aka "Just long enough in the future to not worry about it".

2.)That occurs before the invasion. As for assuming command, that's kind of what a VC is for, at least in the short term. Long-term command can be worked out soon enough. After there's not an invasion.

3.)If you clearly mark them, such as saying "Past: During the Spar at 9th" and "Present: Invasion", or something similar.

4.)I believe the fights are not totally set yet.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Pixie in the Playground

as it seems that the job of the 9th is to do recon of Earth..not Rukongai..it seems less likely they woudl be assigned to be first responders to things in the Rukongai....however, in the future, Hirokatsu woudl probably want to add those duties...and until a Cpt is named, he would probably push to add it to their duties...however, i dont think time has passed long enough since the Cpt going to the 0 Division for Hirokatsu to enact those thoughts...

i think if something goes down in Seretei...the 9th woudl seemingly be more inclined to respond...having said that, i am not opposed to any 9th Division member stumbling upon somethign going on out in the Rukongai if they were out there for some other reason...

I think i will have the 9th stay on alert in the Seretei...perhaps doing soem recon within the Seretei and perhasp looking for other anomalies, and helping to convey what is going on to who needs to know, i figure that would be appropriate for the 9th diviison skill set...unless given orders from the Captain General for something different of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Depends on who you intend to go after I'd imagine. I have no real plans for the arrancar though so if you want Goto to fight the short one (or help Damara, Goro, or Masaru) then I'm game.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Your orders seem reasonable. That said,

The default first-responders would almost certainly be 10th Division, since their job is the policing of Soul Society, including Rukon. Thus, getting those duties added to 9th Division is unlikely, since that would make command lines unclear. They could certainly assist, and a lot of leeway can be given to those who go out on a recon mission, and then have to act in 'self-defense,' but ultimately the job falls to 10th.

However, an invasion by Hueco Mundo is easily serious enough to warrant the assistance of any available shinigami, particularly once the power of Genoveva becomes apparent to the brass.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #925
    Dwarf in the Playground

In case it's not clear, there's plenty of time for other people to get to the Club Midget before Magatsu does, should they care to.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-12-09 at 12:33 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of 10th, time to make a post. I might not say everything, but expect more. I assume 10th would be both first-response and probably in charge of raising the alarm? If not, whoever is, assume that you somehow received report, I guess?

Those involved in the invasion: Please send me PMs so I don't have Taiki ruin some kind of planned fight, if any. Otherwise, Taiki will just pick someone and smash them into the ground.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-12-09 at 05:50 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    So is the existence of Takara and Erima being retconned or...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    They're assumed to be there, but not do anything. If someone really needs them, speak with Kasanip. Unless Purple makes a return, they're permanently off-stage.
    Takara and Erima are still students I think. As Frozen_Feet says, if there is question of them, please ask me. If Purple Rose returns sometime, then maybe we can play.

There are no comment of Kazari or Ren, so I think it is ok to start to play nothingclever (^^; ).
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

On another note...

How can anyone be casually skipping towards Maggot's Nest? No one even knows where it is besides the Captains.

Not that it matters, since he would 1) not know he was there, 2) not be able to enter unless he has force rivaling that of the Commander-General, and 3) definitely not be allowed in anyways.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-12-09 at 06:21 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

29. - Top - End - #929
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    On another note...

How can anyone be casually skipping towards Maggot's Nest? No one even knows where it is besides the Captains.

Not that it matters, since he would 1) not know he was there, 2) not be able to enter unless he has force rivaling that of the Commander-General, and 3) definitely not be allowed in anyways.
    I believe it's assumed that A) as prior high-ranking Shinigami themselves, they know where it is, B) they have some sort of plan regarding entry, and C) they will force their way in.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ettin in the Playground

Few things:

The invasion is not supposed to be "safely in the future". It's supposed to be right now, for Seireitei characters; out of the left field, and cutting straight into normal daily activity of the characters. So rather than "artificially preparing" your characters for invasion, I suggest making them react from the positions they're in at the moment, acting as if it was, you know, unexpected.

What comes to Maggot's Nest, first things first: it's a mountain. Mountains tend to be higly visible. Disregarding that, Kujo has had a long time to get to know its location - his troupe includes, among others, a former Omnitsukido member who had access to a lot of "secret" information. Similarly, Soushi has supposedly been planning this for a while, and as a high-ranking Shinigami would've reasonably acquired the information without rising suspicion.

What comes to Soushi and Kujo succeeding in breaking into the Nest - that's yet to be determined. You will have a say in what happens, tgva, don't worry.

I'll have to say this to everyone, though: don't get too hung up on details. If you do, we won't have a plot. If I see any "Seireitei should've seen it coming" arguments, I'm going to scream. This is supposed to be an unlucky occasion happening at an unlucky moment, with several captains absent, and everyone is caught with their pants down.

Then, the Senkaimon: consider for a moment that if this attack came on a "normal workday", there would reasonably be dozens of Senkai gates open anyway. I'm not asking anyone to retcon anything, since no-one had a thoroughly overblown reaction yet, but paying too much attention to what might be ordinary carelessness in the face of potential full attack seems bizarre.

About planned fights: only remotely planned thing is that Himura Michiko will meet Genoveva at some point, and this will directly lead to her retirement. There's nothing else I know of.

Finally, how in the blazing hells is everyone just randomly sensing the Arrancars? Rukongai is huge and the Seireitei walls, which are made of Seki-seki, should be coming down any moment now. I admit, this is a pet peeve of mine, but it still feels to me like people are grossly misusing Reiatsu detection again.