New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1543
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

Wow, I haven't looked at this game for a while... if anyone is up for playing a few encounters, give me a buzz, I'm always game for this. It was one of my favorite systems for a long time, time to check out the changes.

EDIT:
    Hey! My name's on page 3! What a pleasant surprise!
    Last edited by Creed; 2013-04-21 at 05:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Apologies for not responding or even checking this thread often recently.

I want people to know that I'm still not satisfied with huge chunks of the FFd6. The stupid abilities need to be replaced and literally dozens of new ones need to be added - I want to shoot for another full page for every Job. Combined with the rewrite for the whole destiny mechanic, making spells more interesting than just damage numbers thrown at enemies 'til they fall over, the constant progress and testing of the bestiary, and handfuls of balance problems have kept me busy.
    I don't have any sort of expected date for the next release. This thing ain't easy to while away hundreds of hours on.
    If you need testing, I'd be happy to help. Not sure what I could do, but the offer's there.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Former BleachITP player of the one and only Minuet.

Homebrew!
    The Freerunner, based on everyone's favorite parkour girl Faith Connors.
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Pixie in the Playground

Apologies for not responding or even checking this thread often recently.

I want people to know that I'm still not satisfied with huge chunks of the FFd6. The stupid abilities need to be replaced and literally dozens of new ones need to be added - I want to shoot for another full page for every Job. Combined with the rewrite for the whole destiny mechanic, making spells more interesting than just damage numbers thrown at enemies 'til they fall over, the constant progress and testing of the bestiary, and handfuls of balance problems have kept me busy.
    I don't have any sort of expected date for the next release. This thing ain't easy to while away hundreds of hours on.
    I also offer my assistance in any way that I can. I offer you the services of my campaign and the feedback from my players. I have a group that is meeting in person and I will ask them to make assessments of the system and how as a group errors could be fixed. It is a 5-6 member party spanning several classes and will be working with your design for grid-based combat.

So if there is anything you would like me to test for you just ask me and I will use it.

You are never alone working on this. We are all here to help you in any way you need.
    Last edited by War Planets; 2013-04-21 at 08:58 PM.
    When you have a player that wants to be in a campaign but knows that he will miss every other week. Do not say that he cannot be in the campaign. Let him play the bosses, especially a recurring boss. Just give the player your idea of the boss character and then let him make it and play it. If you do this, do not interfere with the battle. With this method you create a genuine personality for your bosses.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Hey! My name's on page 3! What a pleasant surprise!
    Right?

Dust, as the others have said, if you need help, we can.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

Once again, Dust, thank you very much for all your hard work. I do know I'd be unable to come up with a tenth of the system (no, not even the least good tenth with the cheese and odder mechanics). Even with all the flaws and bits mentioned by everybody else, I still would like to play it as is.

Personal note that's terribly minor compared to other comments: I just remembered that one of the iconic things about summons in Final Fantasy is the length of time between the moment you start calling the summon and the moment it actually arrives, AND between the time of its arrival and the time of its departure. The minor ones tend not to linger on the battlefield, but the most powerful ones spend an egregious amount of time doing their attack.
    So, perhaps, in order to make them feel more Final Fantasy-ish, you could play on that? Eidolons are still incredibly powerful, but they don't show up before a round or two or three and you have to protect the summoner in the meanwhile?
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

6. - Top - End - #1176

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Once again, Dust, thank you very much for all your hard work. I do know I'd be unable to come up with a tenth of the system (no, not even the least good tenth with the cheese and odder mechanics). Even with all the flaws and bits mentioned by everybody else, I still would like to play it as is.
    The great thing about this system is that it's so fun as a base that it can't not be fun wherever you modify it. It's even fun to just browse the book.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Pixie in the Playground

the system is so much fun. im planning to run my players based on ff1

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dust,
    Like many in thread, i appreciate the work that you're putting into this system. I enjoyed the previous version of it, and i like the limit abilities. It has given me some interesting character concepts that i would love to play in the future. I look forward to the next version eagerly.
    Last edited by Assurau; 2013-04-30 at 05:48 PM.

Heart of a True Warrior
    Spoiler
    Show

"What's a warrior without weapons, eh?"
    "A warrior still!"
    —Quickstrike totally underestimates Dinobot.

"Face it, Dinobot! You're old technology, obsolete. What could you possibly do?"
    "Improvise."
    —Megatron is about to find out that Dinobot has one more trick up his sleeve.

Dinobot: Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the good and the bad, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll second/third/fourth the appreciation for the system and offers of help.

Speaking of, not sure how I mixed these two typos:

On page 10 Magic Points are referred to as HP in their description.

Not so much a typo, but on pages 131-132, the universal property list... H properties are listed after I and J properties.

Also, the details on Haste and extra actions is a little unclear: If I have haste and an ability that gives me extra action, and I use haste to turn my slow action into a standard, can that extra ability give me two more standards or only one? Likewise, if I have an ability that gives me two standard actions that isn't haste, can I still do a slow as a standard? I'm pretty sure the answers are "one" and "yes", but like I said, the way it's worded is unclear as to whether resolving a slow on one turn is a special property of haste or the result of spending two standard actions.

Also, most of my various criticisms have been fairly minor fluff details, but I really have to say the way skill caps and points are calculated really bugs me. From a fluff standpoint it feels awkward that a Warrior is more likely to be a jack of all trades (by virtue of simply not having very many points in dex or mnd) and a red mage is going to be specialized (by having high skill caps from their finesse stacking). From a gameplay standpoint it's just not fun at all being in a position where you have to either take a level in dark knight, dump attribute points into your 'off' stats, or simply deal with the fact that you'll have a skillcap of 3-5 even at level 15.

I really think they should be reversed: A skill cap that's fixed and only adjustable by things like level and abilities like skillful hero.. and skill points that are based on some attribute: That not only feels more fluffy (because the red mage will have a bit of everything while the warrior might be focused primarily on athletics and awareness).. but also feels a bit better to play as. That or come up with something more convoluted where different attributes associate with different skills.

I hate to harp on a point, just find this of all things the most difficult to deal with in the game.
    Last edited by squiggit; 2013-05-03 at 08:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Pixie in the Playground

Regarding Geomancers; last group I was in switched the trance damage to 1+1/2lv [rounded down], and that seemed to be enough to deal with things. Elements were still an issue, however; Home Terrain is basically a feat-tax, as even Fire Terrain's Defensive won't help against 'Absorb', and it is otherwise very difficult to expect anything other than "resist" or "immune" against something's base terrain.

In other words; If you're in the fire cave, dealing fire damage with your geomancy, you'd better hope your geotrance is useless instead of actually healing monsters.

There's definitely a rather large power-gap between those who can kinda do magic and maybe, perhaps, eventually, if they put about as many points into MND as they do into PWR, actually cast their Ancient spell, and those with Charismagic who can and will do so, and do so to great effect.

The worst offender there is probably the Blue Mage, which are stuck with nothing but Novice spells until level 10, get their Ancients only at 15, and whose job per-lv MP gain is so low that they'll be splitting their stats up even moreso than a time-mage in order to even be allowed to cast. They also cannot cast half the Novice spells at level 1 [though Laser Eyes is clearly 'intermediate'].

I'd like to see some change to skills as well; if one starts as a fighter or the like, starting skill points are significantly lower, and being limited by finesse is one more reason to use the various methods of circumventing PWR's very existence in any way.

Either way, I am usually quite available for playtesting, campaigning or just plain numbercrunching as well.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hello! First and Foremost, WOW! Great Work Dust! I'm truly impressed by this. I found this while attempting my own FFd6 system using the OpenD6 system. A quick search of "Final Fantasy d6" led me to here.

So, as I'm reading through, I'm finding the system amazing and it looks like it can gandle any of the FF games. I admit my experiences with the earlier FF's are limited by memory, and I don't have any experience with anything after X-2. FFVI and FFVII are my favorite in teh series, VI because I grew up playing it on the SNES (when it was called FFIII in the US, I'm sure ya'all knew that though), and VII just really sucked me in. I don't think I've played any other FF or RPG's as much as those two, getting all the items, and quests and all that. Hours upon hours of enjoyment, even now. And here we are with a 'rules-lite' d6 FFRPG, something that, so far, looks like it kicks any Pathfinder/D&D conversion out of the water.

Anyway, back on topic, in Chapter 6: The World, I notice that FFVI doesn't have Magicite or Espers listed, while VII has the Materia. Was this an oversight? Maybe just an accidental forgotten bit? Did I, in my zeal to post and excitement of finding this system, just not notice it?

Thanks for creating this, and all those who helped in play testing and getting the kinks out!

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

OK folks, so while working my way through this system, I think I've hit a snag. I want to make sure I understand this right. All weapons are basically flavor, in that they all do 2d6 damage, and you add in your relative stat x tier, So if a player has 12 PWR (higher than his 8 RES) with a tier 3 weapon will do 36+2d6 damage. And to hit he is going to use PWR(12) +2d6. So if she rolled a 7, it would be a 19 to hit, and assuming she did hit, it would be 32+7 for damage. And of course, this is regardless of weather it's an axe, sword, dagger, trident, or gun (using DEX of 12 for this example). If these are all tier 3, and PWR or DEX is 12, then the actual weapon description is just flavor. Also, is there a character level limit for weapons/armor/accessories? Like, for example, a level 1 thief could only wield a tier 1 weapon, and at gaining a new level, he could then wield a tier 2 weapon/armor. Or, is it just a case gil (money)?

If I am understanding things correctly so far, then I love this system. I love d6 system anyway, as I've been playing Ghostbusters International and Star Wars d6 for years, but man this thing takes the cake, as far as Final Fantasy games are concerned. It seems like it covers just about everything you need to run a FF game.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Pixie in the Playground

You are in fact understanding it correctly: That 2d6 is your attack roll, and doubles as the damage roll if you succeed.

Basically you take that one roll. You add your Accuracy to it, to see if you hit. If so, you then take that same roll [without the added accuracy] and add Tier*Stat [in some cases PWR, but often dex or mind] to get your total damage. 'course, that's all before crits, situational modifiers and all elemental W/R/I/As

As for equipment, far as I can tell nothing's stopping you from getting a Tier 6 at level 1, except lack of gil and lack of GM willingness
    Last edited by Kiton; 2013-05-10 at 09:24 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Here's a few other questions. 1) Would it hamper anything if I were to alter the exp/lvl up slightly. What I would do is change ti to 5 exp x level. So from level 1 to level 2 you would need 10 (5x2), and the 15 for 3, and so on until you get to level 99 and need 495 exp. I don't think this would alter much, as I'm not changing things with what you gain, just the exp needed to level. (I highly doubt we would reach 99, though that would be some crazy cool characters if they did..) I know it says under Accuracy that is a value of 1-8, but sometimes we just keep playing so I'm trying to plan ahead, so to speak.

2) the Pact Gift from Summon's is only available if a character has taken Grand Summoner, yes? I see no other references to the Pact Gift otherwise. Grand Summoner mentions "You possess a supernatural pact with a Summoned creature - ....." Like I said, I don't see any other reference.

I'm learning the system, so I'm just seeing things that jump out at me and I might need an answer for.

Edit: was there a stat block for this game? I know the pretty bestiary blocks, but I mean't something similar to ones used by D&D or Saga Edition or Pathfinder?
    Last edited by Sparx MacGyver; 2013-05-10 at 09:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sparx MacGyver View Post
    Here's a few other questions. 1) Would it hamper anything if I were to alter the exp/lvl up slightly. What I would do is change ti to 5 exp x level. So from level 1 to level 2 you would need 10 (5x2), and the 15 for 3, and so on until you get to level 99 and need 495 exp. I don't think this would alter much, as I'm not changing things with what you gain, just the exp needed to level. (I highly doubt we would reach 99, though that would be some crazy cool characters if they did..) I know it says under Accuracy that is a value of 1-8, but sometimes we just keep playing so I'm trying to plan ahead, so to speak.

2) the Pact Gift from Summon's is only available if a character has taken Grand Summoner, yes? I see no other references to the Pact Gift otherwise. Grand Summoner mentions "You possess a supernatural pact with a Summoned creature - ....." Like I said, I don't see any other reference.

I'm learning the system, so I'm just seeing things that jump out at me and I might need an answer for.

Edit: was there a stat block for this game? I know the pretty bestiary blocks, but I mean't something similar to ones used by D&D or Saga Edition or Pathfinder?
    1. Well, there's two ways, as you lack some specifics. Do you mean each level is (next level * 5) total, or since last level up?

If it's total, then you're not at all changing the experience progression. You'd need 10 total EXP to get to level 2, 15 total for 3, and so on. Since you level up every 5 EXP, this works out to...exactly the same.

In the other method, you would need a total of 25 EXP to get to level 3 (1 to 2 costs 10, 2 to 3 costs an additional 15). Level 4 would be another 20, a total of 45, and so on. That would be pretty unfair, as getting to level 15 would require a whopping 75 EXP, since the last level up. That is a -lot- of fights. Also a total of...lesse...595 experience points. Assuming, say, 3 EXP a session and one session per week, that's 198 weeks, or just under 4 years!

Admittedly, I've seen longer campaigns, but still...

Honestly, just hand out experience at a slightly slower rate, or just level them up whenever you want them to.

Stat block query: Just for a few monster blocks already exist. Monster creation is actually really fun and easy - one of the best parts of GMing this system. A few pages ago in the thread, you can find an Excel spreadsheet I made that does a lot of the calculations for you.

Homebrew!
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Yeah, that exp idea probably wasn't all that great.

As for the excel sheet, I can't seem to get ti to work. Is there a problem with the drop down boxes? Guess I'll have to create a stat block for now, unless I can get this excel sheet going.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, that exp idea probably wasn't all that great.

As for the excel sheet, I can't seem to get ti to work. Is there a problem with the drop down boxes? Guess I'll have to create a stat block for now, unless I can get this excel sheet going.
    Shouldn't be one. Here's a step-by-step, just in case:

Select a species, then a difficulty, and type in a level. After that, allocate the attribute points to PWR, RES, DEX, and MND. That'll give you the derived statistics for your monster and basic attack damage, not accounting for any special abilities that may change those values.

After that, I actually recommend using the book. My Ability selection is not so well implemented.

Homebrew!

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadOfFate View Post
    Shouldn't be one. Here's a step-by-step, just in case:

Select a species, then a difficulty, and type in a level. After that, allocate the attribute points to PWR, RES, DEX, and MND. That'll give you the derived statistics for your monster and basic attack damage, not accounting for any special abilities that may change those values.

After that, I actually recommend using the book. My Ability selection is not so well implemented.
    That's what I'm saying, there is a problem. It says Aerial, and when I click it, nothing happens. It's not a drop down box, nor is difficulty. If I type something else in for aerial, nothing changes, same as difficulty.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's what I'm saying, there is a problem. It says Aerial, and when I click it, nothing happens. It's not a drop down box, nor is difficulty. If I type something else in for aerial, nothing changes, same as difficulty.
    Are you using Microsoft Excel, or some other equivalent software?

When you click Aerial, there should be a little arrow to the right of it to signify the drop down.

If that doesn't work, typing the name of another species should work (Amorph, Dragon, etc). The first letter has to be capitalized.

Homebrew!

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I am. Excel Student '07. While there is no drop down, I did get it to work by typing it in. Just as good.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dear ThreadOfFate,

Could you please repost your awesome rewritten version of the character that you linked a while back? The link is now broken and my computer didn't save your file. Me and my crew would really like to get our hands on that copy again, it was clean and lovely. Thanks.

-Val
    Last edited by Valnnar; 2013-05-12 at 09:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1192

Huh, did anyone know that someone made a wiki for ffd6?

It's completely devoid of content, but still.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valnnar View Post
    Dear ThreadOfFate,

Could you please repost your awesome rewritten version of the character that you linked a while back? The link is now broken and my computer didn't save your file. Me and my crew would really like to get our hands on that copy again, it was clean and lovely. Thanks.

-Val
    Ah, I shuffled some files around recently. My apologies, here you are!

Here's the one with spell description room.
    And here's the one without.

Enjoy!

Homebrew!

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Pixie in the Playground

I have a possible theory for the summoning issue (summoning being a Destiny pit for players).

Summoning Points (or whatever they should be called).

It costs a number of Summoning Points to summon an Esper equal to that Esper's Rank. A party summon's cost would still equal its Rank times the number of party members.

A) Players get a number of Summoning Points per level equal to their levels. Any points not spent are lost upon them leveling up. If they got to keep them then someone would have 120 Summoning Points at level 15 and could just spam-summon a Rank 5 for the entire End Boss area. With the loss of unused Summon Points an individual player would now only be able to summon a Rank 5 Esper 3 times.
    -or-
    B) The number of Summoning Points a player gets per level is equal to 1/2 their level rounded up instead of full level. This puts a more limiting cap on summoning, so I might would go with this one. At level 15 a player would be able to summon at most a Rank 5 Esper twice if that player has completed its pact requirements.

Please let me know what y'all think about this idea. I have not tested it, as my campaign will most likely not be using Espers. First campaign with this system, want to keep it simple, but I still want to help.
    When you have a player that wants to be in a campaign but knows that he will miss every other week. Do not say that he cannot be in the campaign. Let him play the bosses, especially a recurring boss. Just give the player your idea of the boss character and then let him make it and play it. If you do this, do not interfere with the battle. With this method you create a genuine personality for your bosses.

25. - Top - End - #1195

Quote Originally Posted by War Planets View Post
    Please let me know what y'all think about this idea.
    I don't like it only because it wouldn't really mesh with a campaign that continues on at max level for any serious period of time or has a slow XP progression. Though in general I like any idea that fields them more easily, as I really think they're overly restricted for their power. Their normal abilities are really only about as good as spells of the same tier and outside T5 even their astral flows aren't particularly beyond the norm in terms of power.

My friend's been trying to homebrew up a 'summoner' class to capture the more one-shot use summons had in older FF games (though with FFX style summoner flavor thrown in), and it's been surprisingly easy to balance because summon ability power seems right in line with magical power (might share the class when it's finished if anyone cares, not sure what the etiquette on homebrew for homebrew is)

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by War Planets View Post
    I have a possible theory for the summoning issue (summoning being a Destiny pit for players).

Summoning Points (or whatever they should be called).

It costs a number of Summoning Points to summon an Esper equal to that Esper's Rank. A party summon's cost would still equal its Rank times the number of party members.

A) Players get a number of Summoning Points per level equal to their levels. Any points not spent are lost upon them leveling up. If they got to keep them then someone would have 120 Summoning Points at level 15 and could just spam-summon a Rank 5 for the entire End Boss area. With the loss of unused Summon Points an individual player would now only be able to summon a Rank 5 Esper 3 times.
    -or-
    B) The number of Summoning Points a player gets per level is equal to 1/2 their level rounded up instead of full level. This puts a more limiting cap on summoning, so I might would go with this one. At level 15 a player would be able to summon at most a Rank 5 Esper twice if that player has completed its pact requirements.

Please let me know what y'all think about this idea. I have not tested it, as my campaign will most likely not be using Espers. First campaign with this system, want to keep it simple, but I still want to help.
    I'm more inclined to lean towards option A, though both seem relatively acceptable alternatives. Though, to be honest, I've yet to play a game, outside of some battle testing of some PC's I built just to go against some creatures. No actual players were involved, so i guess they are technically NPC's.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by squiggit View Post
    My friend's been trying to homebrew up a 'summoner' class to capture the more one-shot use summons had in older FF games (though with FFX style summoner flavor thrown in), and it's been surprisingly easy to balance because summon ability power seems right in line with magical power (might share the class when it's finished if anyone cares, not sure what the etiquette on homebrew for homebrew is)
    I don't know the etiquette is either, but I'm sure Dust wouldn't mind if you clearly labeled it as fan-made (btw, wasn't there a fan-made section of stuff? I recall it mentioned a few pages back, like around 30 or so, but I don't know where all that is/was/went). I'd like to take a look at it.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by squiggit View Post
    I don't like it only because it wouldn't really mesh with a campaign that continues on at max level for any serious period of time or has a slow XP progression.
    Well then, maybe for the normal 5 exp to level up campaigns it would be half level rounded up worth of Summoning Points; and for the campaigns that take longer to level up use full level worth of the Summoning Points.
    After a player reaches level 15 they would regain their 8 or 15 Summoning Points when they would normally level up (such as every 5 exp gained they would regain their 8 Summoning Points)

-or-

Alternatively again, summoning can be based on MP. I did some number crunching and found the average MP required for each Tier of spell.
    Novice = 7
    Intermediate = 27
    Expert = 56
    Superior = 102
    Ancient = 207
    So I believe that if the Summoning was based on MP the cost would be equivalent to the spell averages or equal to the spell with the greatest MP cost in each Tier:
    Rank 1 = 10 or 15
    Rank 2 = 30 or 60
    Rank 3 = 60 or 100
    Rank 4 = 120 or 200
    Rank 5 = 240 or 300

But personally I think that the point system would be more uniform and better.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ettin in the Playground

Say I have a character who uses Haste as a Standard via his Arcane weapon's Quick Cast property. He now has an additional Standard from the haste status. Can he then initiate a Slow action with that Standard, thus resolving it at the start of his next turn, or does he have to wait until his next turn to start a Slow action?

The rules normally allow you to perform a Standard action OR to start a Slow action. In this case he opted to perform a Standard to use Haste, so is he completely locked out of starting a Slow action, even if he gains a second Standard via Haste? Or can he instead technically begin and finish a Slow action in the same turn instead of taking the second Standard?

"Haste allows you to move an additional range increment OR take a second standard action, OR they may allow a Slow action to begin and finish in one turn."

I'd also consider adding a 'Melee X' range, and standardizing Short, Medium and Long ranges so tactical combat maps are compatible with the system.

Melee is normally 1 but can be greater for Reach weapons and larger creatures.

Short might be 5 spaces (1.5 or 2 meters per space?) and less, Medium 20 spaces and less, Long 21+ spaces.

30. - Top - End - #1200

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    I'd also consider adding a 'Melee X' range, and standardizing Short, Medium and Long ranges so tactical combat maps are compatible with the system.

Melee is normally 1 but can be greater for Reach weapons and larger creatures.

Short might be 5 spaces (1.5 or 2 meters per space?) and less, Medium 20 spaces and less, Long 21+ spaces.
    Personally, I prefer the current system for FFd6. It fits with the flavor of being very fluff-tastic in combat, in my opinion.
    Homebrew