New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1543
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

Quote Originally Posted by Relinara View Post
    So my theory is that Dust either got abducted by aliens or the people behind the other returners knockoff have been trying to intimidate her into not doing anything else with the game since they hate her guts.

But for real, probably just busy with life.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Pixie in the Playground

So my theory is that Dust either got abducted by aliens or the people behind the other returners knockoff have been trying to intimidate her into not doing anything else with the game since they hate her guts.
    Other Returners knockoff? You mean SeeD, the even WORSE as a tabletop FFRPG game?

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by elmerg View Post
    Other Returners knockoff? You mean SeeD, the even WORSE as a tabletop FFRPG game?
    Well if you ask them ffd6 is the unloved bastard child that soils their legacy simply by existing (and did everything short of outright robbing 'their' game from them).

unrelated random thought: Outside T5 and a few specific exceptions a summon's basic abilities are relatively comparable in terms of damage output to spells of the same tier. Might be pretty easy to build an oldschool style summoner who casts them as spells.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Pixie in the Playground

Well if you ask them ffd6 is the unloved bastard child that soils their legacy simply by existing (and did everything short of outright robbing 'their' game from them).

unrelated random thought: Outside T5 and a few specific exceptions a summon's basic abilities are relatively comparable in terms of damage output to spells of the same tier. Might be pretty easy to build an oldschool style summoner who casts them as spells.
    I was once involved in the development of the Returners 2e game, years and years ago (possibly even before the split, it was the late 90s). The whole advancement into 'must have bots/coded calculators' to play the game' has always been an advancing problem that SeeD doesn't help.

I've thought before about doing an FF3-8-style summoner at some point along those lines, which isn't terrible to do. The Astral Flows themselves lend them to that, with a few tweaks.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Pixie in the Playground

So just out of curiosity, how do people curb the horrible-broken-cheese that is Skillful Hero? I mean, it's too easy to get into a party arms-race with it considering that with the right Abilities it's hilariously overpowered.

A Thief with more than SHlv2 is practically guaranteed to steal whatever he wants barring a fumble.
    An Entertainer can use Fashionable as an even better substitute, leading to making From The Heart even more insanely good.
    Anyone with an Animal Companion is capable of just about hitting the Damage Limit with a bit of cheese.

I think, if my math works out, a Lv5 Entertainer with Skillful Hero Lv3 and an Animal Companion can deal almost 300 damage. Granted that's once a combat, but so are a lot of Abilities and they're nowhere near as effective.

Having what amounts to a squirrel fire off an attack that outclasses Ultima is a bit odd.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

Didn't quite get, how you abuse animal companion. Entertainer/skillful hero combo is powerful, yes, but me, personally never saw in as something broken.
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Pixie in the Playground

If you want to min-max it, if my math is right, an Entertainer at 15 with 3 Fashionable and 6 Skillful Hero can get up to a 24 raw preform stat, with +30 from 4 accessories, armor, and weapon (+25 if you use the dancer's legendary accessory), as well as +10 from food, and depending on how the GM rules it, +10 from consumables. This leaves you with +32 (+37 if using consumable) to any one stat for all party members, or +29 (+34 if using consumable) to any two stats.

Of course this takes into account all Tier 7. Let's see what the build can do at lower milestones.

At level 1 the Entertainer can have 10 preform, and 10 in any two synth they want (usually Accessory and Weapon), as well as 4 left over for Scavenge. This means they can start crafting T3 items as soon as they get the components/money without fail, and even higher if they want to risk a failure.

At level 5 the Entertainer has 14 preform (without boosts from items, and at least 20 with), and 15 in both synths, with 8 in scavenge. This allows the Entertainer to begin crafting T5 items without fail, as well as boosting their party member's favorite stats by 7-12. With T5 weapons, this boosts damage by 35-60. At level 5.

At level 10 the Entertainer takes her first rank of Fashionable. She has 20 unboosted preform, and 21 in her synth checks, making T6 impossible to fail and T7 easy to craft. In addition she has 10 scavenge, which isn't terribly impressive at this level, admittedly. With the components she's been able to scavenge up until now it's reasonable to assume she's begun to craft her +5 skill bonus equipment. Two accessories and one weapon with +5 Preform gives her a +15 to her base 20. She can use any leftover components to craft T7 weapons and sell them at half price so she can buy the rest of her set. The build is basically complete at this point, all that's left to do is wait on the other two Fashionable pickups and get her legendary accessory.

At level 10 she can start boosting her ally's stats by 20+, which at T7 weapons is 140+ damage. If a Black Mage takes Flare at level 10, the 20+ PWR boost translates into 240+ damage. A White Mage would gain 200+ MP from a MND boost, and 160+ healing boost with each Curaja. Alternatively everyone could choose to simply gain 200+ HP and simply never not care about doing increased damage, unless you have a party of blade wielders that is.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fearan View Post
    Didn't quite get, how you abuse animal companion. Entertainer/skillful hero combo is powerful, yes, but me, personally never saw in as something broken.
    An Animal Companion may, once a Combat, be commanded as a Standard Action to be 'Aggressive'. This deals 2d6+Nature(HighestAttribute) damage of either a non-Holy/Shadow Element, or Nonelemental, and inflicts a Status Effect on an Opposed Roll. This attack does not miss.

All a Skillful Hero Entertainer needs to do is keep their Perform and Nature at max, boosting either DEX or MND (Probably DEX), and they can produce damage nobody can catch up to till Ancient Magic comes into play.

Or a super cheesy Black Mage/ Time Mage(/ MAYBE Gambler). In any case, Skillful Hero quickly breaks the game if taken more than three times.

Quote Originally Posted by zeugmatrograph View Post
    Spoiler: Truncated
    Show
    If you want to min-max it, if my math is right, an Entertainer at 15 with 3 Fashionable and 6 Skillful Hero can get up to a 24 raw preform stat, with +30 from 4 accessories, armor, and weapon (+25 if you use the dancer's legendary accessory), as well as +10 from food, and depending on how the GM rules it, +10 from consumables. This leaves you with +32 (+37 if using consumable) to any one stat for all party members, or +29 (+34 if using consumable) to any two stats.

Of course this takes into account all Tier 7. Let's see what the build can do at lower milestones.

At level 1 the Entertainer can have 10 preform, and 10 in any two synth they want (usually Accessory and Weapon), as well as 4 left over for Scavenge. This means they can start crafting T3 items as soon as they get the components/money without fail, and even higher if they want to risk a failure.

At level 5 the Entertainer has 14 preform (without boosts from items, and at least 20 with), and 15 in both synths, with 8 in scavenge. This allows the Entertainer to begin crafting T5 items without fail, as well as boosting their party member's favorite stats by 7-12. With T5 weapons, this boosts damage by 35-60. At level 5.

At level 10 the Entertainer takes her first rank of Fashionable. She has 20 unboosted preform, and 21 in her synth checks, making T6 impossible to fail and T7 easy to craft. In addition she has 10 scavenge, which isn't terribly impressive at this level, admittedly. With the components she's been able to scavenge up until now it's reasonable to assume she's begun to craft her +5 skill bonus equipment. Two accessories and one weapon with +5 Preform gives her a +15 to her base 20. She can use any leftover components to craft T7 weapons and sell them at half price so she can buy the rest of her set. The build is basically complete at this point, all that's left to do is wait on the other two Fashionable pickups and get her legendary accessory.

At level 10 she can start boosting her ally's stats by 20+, which at T7 weapons is 140+ damage. If a Black Mage takes Flare at level 10, the 20+ PWR boost translates into 240+ damage. A White Mage would gain 200+ MP from a MND boost, and 160+ healing boost with each Curaja. Alternatively everyone could choose to simply gain 200+ HP and simply never not care about doing increased damage, unless you have a party of blade wielders that is.
    Don't forget a Skillful Entertainer can probably Synthesize their own T8 gear with little difficulty. And with Fashionable Lv3, they can really abuse a quartet of T8 +15 Perform accessories. Though they'd probably look like Elvis.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkhan View Post
    Don't forget a Skillful Entertainer can probably Synthesize their own T8 gear with little difficulty. And with Fashionable Lv3, they can really abuse a quartet of T8 +15 Perform accessories. Though they'd probably look like Elvis.
    Could have sworn there was something in the book that says you couldn't take an item mod more than once, but guess I was wrong. Yeah that makes things crazier.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zeugmatrograph View Post
    Could have sworn there was something in the book that says you couldn't take an item mod more than once, but guess I was wrong. Yeah that makes things crazier.
    Enchantments can only be taken once and don't stack unless explicitly stated.

Skill bonus says it stacks, but it doesn't explicitly say that it can be taken multiple times per item (unlike attribute bonus which defines both).

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I love this system over all and have had several successful campaigns with it. i was wondering however if the bestiary is going to be added to? I saw a earlier version of this system that had a much larger list of monsters and bosses to choose from and was wondering if the list was working its way towards that

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Hi there. I made an account just to ask a question about this awesome rulebook.

Does anyone have some example characters that way I can be sure that I'm building my character right? Preferably level 3 with a job change at one point to a class with a different bonuses.

Thanks.

13. - Top - End - #1423

Quote Originally Posted by SoulofTerra View Post
    I love this system over all and have had several successful campaigns with it. i was wondering however if the bestiary is going to be added to? I saw a earlier version of this system that had a much larger list of monsters and bosses to choose from and was wondering if the list was working its way towards that
    Bestiary is supposed to be part of the next update. Which was scheduled for October of last year. So who knows.

I'll try to see if I can dig up any sample monsters when I get home though.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Pixie in the Playground

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qt48q6

Hello everyone! FINALLY got to my own FF adventure, and realized the monster maker needed some points to its finesse. If anyone is interested, I'll post up some of the monsters I make over the course of my adventure as well.

Download link is at the top, improvements are below.

-Monsters can be dual types now.
    -Weak/Vulnerabilities properly colored-added Absorb
    -Death Status
    -Added things like Gill/EXP/Destiny/
    -Cheat Sheet: An awesome tab for GMs on a laptop so they can mostly focus on one page for a multitude of monsters with as little page switching as possible. This ALONE is worth the download.

Oh, and a thank you to War of Planets for the pat on the back. ^_^
    Last edited by IronJawbone; 2014-02-06 at 02:39 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IronJawbone View Post

Hello everyone! FINALLY got to my own FF adventure, and realized the monster maker needed some points to its finesse. If anyone is interested, I'll post up some of the monsters I make over the course of my adventure as well.

-Death Status
    -Cheat Sheet: An awesome tab for GMs on a laptop so they can mostly focus on one page for a multitude of monsters with as little page switching as possible. This ALONE is worth the download.

Hot damn IronJawbone, this is amazing. You've taken my crappy little thing and turned it into something that's freakin' amazing. Well done.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Former BleachITP player of the one and only Minuet.

Homebrew!
    The Freerunner, based on everyone's favorite parkour girl Faith Connors.
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IronJawbone View Post

-Death Status

Huh. This is pretty cool, man. Nice job. My Excel is an older version, but I'm not the GM right now in our group, so it's okay.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Pixie in the Playground

Temotei: Always nice to hear a positive reply. Yeah, definitely pass this to your GM if he can use Excel, because it really does shave off a lot of time when making monsters.

ThreadOfFate: I'm really glad to hear this from you, as you've been helping you so much on these forums. Again, I want to thank you for laying out a foundation because my attempt at a MM would've been pretty lame.

I know that this MM is just in time for Dust to release 1.4, but unlike this version, I'll try and stay ahead of the game and do a 1.4 version. (Even if a beastiary does come out, because homebrewing monsters is still pretty slick.) Actually, Dust, if you read this, would you mind giving me an opinion on the MM?
    Last edited by IronJawbone; 2014-02-06 at 06:22 PM.
    FFd6 1.3 Monster Maker Link!

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Pixie in the Playground

Just finished my campaign. Started with a theoretical 6 players and ended with only 2. The first player was a 100% Red Mage (house rule of Red Mages can't class change), the other player was 90% Monk, he dipped into Thief for quick hit and Samurai for Flawless Form. Three of the other 4 members quit after the 2nd session (1 never showed, 1 quit because he was playing a "borring" class [Entertainer], and the 3rd got tired of not doing anything but tanking because he picked the Paladin). The 4th player tried to continue but could not maintain a consistent schedule. This left just the 2 players, so I gave them a custom Normal Monster that had a support role.

As stated by Dust on the first page of this thread: Comet is overpowered with damage boosting abilities. I made the End-Boss level 20 and gave him 40,000 HP. The Red Mage had a 3 Limit Break set up to cast 5 blasts of Comet at (42x14)+2d6 Damage per Comet, he did this twice and did about 30,000 Damage between the 2 uses. The Monk was just impossible to kill.

Their hardest fights throughout the campaign were when I had them fight a Boss character designed and ran by my brother, and when I had them fight thier doubles.

Over all it was a very entertaining campaign and IronJawbone's monster maker was invaluable for quick fights or changing monsters on the fly. Thank you everyone who put input into some ideas that I used in my campaign.

And the largest Thanks goes to Dust for making a really fun game.
    When you have a player that wants to be in a campaign but knows that he will miss every other week. Do not say that he cannot be in the campaign. Let him play the bosses, especially a recurring boss. Just give the player your idea of the boss character and then let him make it and play it. If you do this, do not interfere with the battle. With this method you create a genuine personality for your bosses.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Dwarf in the Playground

That monster creator is really neat, thanks.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Dwarf in the Playground

MONSTER CREATION NOTES:

For all that people may dislike FF 13, I feel like they did a pretty fantastic job revising the traditional battle system of FF to make it more engaging and interesting - especially in terms of monster roles and encounter creativity and challenge.

To that end, I recommend people look at the Paradigm structure and use that for monster creation. If you need quick monsters for an unexpected encounter, or feel like making monsters that will synergize (shut up chrome that's totally a word) well together, merely look at how the roles function in the Paradigm system and model off of that.

Thus, I've done some role analysis and present the results as follows.

Commando - deal damage. High PWR. These guys exist to get in your face, deal damage, and kill your party members as fast as possible. Choose secondaries that up their damage count, their accuracy, and attack multiple targets. Counterattack is a great ability for them (stack it!), and give them Unusual Defense if you want to stifle your party attempts at simply overwhelming them with damage. Multiweapon greatly increases their chances to hit. Combine Skitterish and Swift Strikes, make DEX their primary stat, and use a secondary that does M. ARM damage to make a fast, hard-hitting skirmisher who can screw with both casters and physical characters equally.
    Good secondary roles: melee-focused Ravager (high MND), Sentinel (high RES)

Ravager - elemental damage. High PWR, high MND. Give them all the multi-target spells, or create attacks that target all short-range enemies/the entire group and give it an elemental bend. Magical Counterattack, Flawless Spell, and certain Job Abilities are pretty good abilities for them to have.
    Good secondary roles: Commando, Saboteur.

Sentinel - tank. High RES. Secondaries that do knockback or disarm enemies or do X Break can do wonders for making them annoying and thus priority targets. Job Ability (Provoke) is lovely to take the heat off your other enemies, and give them Counterattack if you want to really create an annoying enemy - especially more than once. Unusual Defense, Improved Defenses, and Regeneration (at higher levels) can make them even more annoying. If you can spare the PWR to make them deadlier with their attacks or counterattacks, all the better.
    Good secondary roles: Commando, Medic (high MND), Synergist (high MND).

Synergist - party buffer. High MND, decent RES to take hits. Give them the good buffing spells and secondary attacks that grant positive status effects to their allies (or increase their AVD/ACC by 2). Good abilities are Flawless Spell, Magical Counterattack (got hit? cast shell on an ally! or something), Call For Help, and Swarm (to make them last longer and be immune to Knockback).
    Good secondary roles: Medic, Sentinel (high RES)

Medic - healer. High MND. Abuse the hell out of that one secondary attack that heals, and combine it with targeting an entire short range or Group to make this guy really annoying. White Mage spells are a must as well (particularly ones to remove Status Effects), and granting them an item with SOS-Autolife or simply just Auto-Life will keep them coming back for more. Magical Counterattack, Flawless Spell, and even something like Multiple Parts (if you can manage it) or Swarm are great abilities.
    Good secondary roles: Synergist, Sentinel (high RES), Saboteur

Saboteur - debuffer. High MND. Any and all status effect spells will fit him, as well as secondary effects that also inflict a status effect onto the enemy. Have him target the whole group for maximum suck. Give him Flawless Spell, Multiple Parts, or Status Touch to make him especially annoying (combine the latter with Counterattack to create a fun combination).
    Good secondary roles: Ravager, Medic

These are just suggestions to give you guys ideas, and if you want to mix them up you are more than welcome to. Hope this is useful when designing all those wonderful baddies for your party to slaughter (or be slaughtered by).
    Last edited by ThreadOfFate; 2014-02-25 at 02:51 PM.

Homebrew!
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Dwarf in the Playground

ThreadOfFate and myself have a pair of games running with enough houserules that we're considering an overhaul of the system. Our goals are, among other things, to fix the Destiny problem, make multiclassing not silly, firm up skills and numbers, and make ability acquisition more streamlined/give everyone more to choose from.

What I'm looking at right now is the class system. The current idea is something like a Tactics setup, where there are four basic classes (Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, White Mage) that anyone can take, and "advanced" classes (Red Mage, Blue Mage, Dark Knight, Alchemist, etc.) that you can become after acquiring enough abilities from certain classes (e.g. Red Mage requires 1 White Mage and 1 Black Mage).
    Advantages:
    • It's the same setup many of the games have.
    • It reinforces stereotypes that make sense (a Paladin should have White Mage and Fighter abilities to his name)
    • More powerful abilities can be gated off behind certain classes (you want Ultima, you have to wait until you qualify for Sage).

Disadvantages:
    • Some people will disagree with the prerequisites, whatever they may be. ("Why do I need a Thief ability to be an Archer?")
    • The whole "unlocking" aspect doesn't port over well to a TTRPG when you can just start at level whatever and already have the abilities you need to qualify.
    • Games that want to disallow multiclassing (which isn't really a position I want to support, but I can be persuaded) would either have to restrict themselves to the basic classes, start at a level sufficiently high for the advanced classes people want to be, or handwave the prerequisites for advanced classes (which is bad if some classes have more powerful abilities).

The alternative is basically a setup like what we have now, with every class existing as its own entity. While clearly workable, this isn't as satisfying to me mostly because it reinforces the idea that people "should" remain in a single class. What are people's thoughts on the matter?

[EDIT] If anyone wants, I can post my design notes. Once I have something concrete enough, I'll fork off a thread.
    Last edited by Sasaisen; 2014-03-13 at 07:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1432

A potential issue I can see you didn't mention was people not liking where the classes are placed.

i.e. someone wants to be a master black or white mage and gets annoyed with the game because they have to trade out of the job for whatever job you consider the "better" version.

One of the reasons why I think 14 uses generic names.

An overhaul seems safe. According to their profile Dust hasn't been on at all this year so it's not looking particularly great for this game.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey nerds.

Sasaisen and I have started up the new thread for Final Fantasy Infinite. We'd love for it to get as active and contributive (that is a word, shut up google chrome) as this one has, so come on over and feel free to throw in your ideas when we release some more details and stuff.

As it is now, we haven't even touched on equipment, but I want to preserve a lot of the FFd6 equipment because I love it more than I can possibly say.

Homebrew!

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hello everyone. I'm doing some modding of the FFd6 system using a variation on Bravely Default's Brave and Default System. I was hoping to get some experienced players to input on my handling of the system, especially slow actions such as spellcasting. Then without further ado, this is the combat system designed for a PbP rpg I have envisioned.

Overview:
    Players accumulate Brave Points (BP) each turn of combat. They can utilize BP to move or to perform actions (like attacking).
    Players with short-range attacks can target enemies in the same zone as them, ranged attacks can target enemies in adjacent zones with longer distances imposing a penalty to accuracy (except for terrain features).
    Players can choose to store BP, up to 5, and spend them to move quickly through several zones or to spend multiple actions. Limitbreaks and special attacks may require 2 or more BP to use.

Map Example:
    Players will be presented with a map. A simple corrider set on a train is represented below:

Freight Car Passenger Car Coal Car

Let us assume our Heroes (Warrior, White Mage, Black Mage, and Dragoon) start in the Freight Car and we have Enemies in the Passenger Car, Coal Car, and Train.
    The Warrior starts with 2 BP, spending 1 BP to MOVE to the Passenger Car and 1 BP to Cyclone the enemies and prevent them from leaving the zone.
    Now protected from any melee attacks, the White Mage spends 2 BP to cast both Cure and Protect on the Warrior in preparation for the large amounts of damage he's about to take.
    The Black Mage spends 2 BP to cast 1 Fira targeting the enemies in Passenger Car as a group.
    The Dragoon starts with 2 BP, spending1 BP to Jump to the backline in the Coal Car. This action ends his turn.

On the Enemy's turn, the three minions in the passenger car all spend 1 BP to attack the Warrior for a total of 3 attacks. Enemy casters in the Coal Car begin casting a spell targeting the Warrior.

At the start of the player's turn, all players gain 2 BP. In addition, the warrior receives a much-needed Cure and Protect while the Black Mage's Fira lands on the enemies in the Passenger Car, killing them. The Dragoon meanwhile lands in the middle of the casters on the Coal Car and impales one with his jump.
    The Warrior spends his 2 BP to MOVE to the Coal Car and initiate a team attack on a caster.
    The White Mage and Black Mage both spend 2 BP to move two zones in to the Coal Car.
    The Dragoon has 3 BP, spending 1 to Bolt Breath the enemy group, 1 more to finish and kill an enemy caster, and the last BP to join the warrior's team attack.

Potential Problems
    The biggest problem with this idea is how to interpret slow actions, especially the spellcasting. If players can take multiple actions and cast multiple spells in 1 round, how do we resolve teamwork attacks to interrupt them? The simplest solution is to treat the spells as slow actions and have each teamwork attack or or disruptive action affect them individually. So if the whitemage casts 2 spells, and 1 teamwork attack successfully lands, only 1 spell is interrupted. If 2 land, then both spells are interrupted. While it preserves the teamwork attack, it does not quite make sense from a roleplay perspective and feels rather ham-fisted because of it.

An alternative is to add a BP cost to it with the caveat that casters can ignore it to cast slowly. Unfortunately, players are likely to simply build BP and this defeats the whole purpose of teamwork attacks, knockbacks, and other caster disruption actions.

If anyone has an idea to address this problem, please share. Otherwise, the first solution (although clunky) is the best option at the moment. Also, other comments about this idea are welcome.
    Last edited by Prim; 2014-05-14 at 07:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Pixie in the Playground

Has anyone been working on fixing the problems with Dust's system in terms of it being a tabletop? If someone has been keeping track of what Dust wanted to fix and change and any of the changes she considered and changes that were suggested by others, would you please post it?
    I really like Dust's FFd6 system, all it needs is a few tweeks. It is a great game that is fun and easy to learn.

Although I do not know what has happenned to Dust, the work she has done has been amazing and I would like to ask if someone is willing to take up her torch and continue her work? I promise that you will have the support of me and everyone whom has posted in this Thread. I can give ideas, but I am not a leader nor have I played this system enough to know all of the flaws and how to fix them.

Thank you to everyone who has played this game and helped to make it what it is now. Let us not stop because the creator is gone but continue forward in her honor and memory and for the future of Final Fantasy D6!
    When you have a player that wants to be in a campaign but knows that he will miss every other week. Do not say that he cannot be in the campaign. Let him play the bosses, especially a recurring boss. Just give the player your idea of the boss character and then let him make it and play it. If you do this, do not interfere with the battle. With this method you create a genuine personality for your bosses.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by War Planets View Post
    Has anyone been working on fixing the problems with Dust's system in terms of it being a tabletop? If someone has been keeping track of what Dust wanted to fix and change and any of the changes she considered and changes that were suggested by others, would you please post it?
    I really like Dust's FFd6 system, all it needs is a few tweeks. It is a great game that is fun and easy to learn.

Although I do not know what has happenned to Dust, the work she has done has been amazing and I would like to ask if someone is willing to take up her torch and continue her work? I promise that you will have the support of me and everyone whom has posted in this Thread. I can give ideas, but I am not a leader nor have I played this system enough to know all of the flaws and how to fix them.

Thank you to everyone who has played this game and helped to make it what it is now. Let us not stop because the creator is gone but continue forward in her honor and memory and for the future of Final Fantasy D6!
    I've given this some thought lately. I'm willing to pick up further development of this game. I've been playing it enough lately. Does anyone have a copy of the original source document so I wouldn't have to re-create it from the PDF? Community opinion: should I fork it off as something else with a different name?

First on the list of todos: Fix the rules that aren't working well, like actually putting the slots fix into the rules, and extending Thief's feint so it's useful as a standard action.
    Last edited by CombatOwl; 2014-08-05 at 06:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Pixie in the Playground

You'd probably have to make a new PDF. I wish someone would, as I have issues just copy-pasting out of the document.. it doesn't seem to like that at all.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Dwarf in the Playground

So as some of you may know, D&D 5e is coming out soon. I got my hands on the Player's Handbook and found an interesting Ranger ability that you can pick up. It sounded a little familiar to me, as an avid fan of FF d6.

Quote Originally Posted by 5e PHB, page 93
    "Stand Against the Tide. When a hostile creature misses you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction to force that creature to repeat the same attack against another creature (other than itself) of your choice."

Homebrew!

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'm a new GM and my players are level 5 and I'm going to give them Limit Abilities soon, but I had a few questions. Do you need to Activate Limit Abilities? How do you do that is it just a Destiny Point expendature, or is it always on? And could someone discribe how Saint's Cross works? 'm reading it, but it just isn't clicking for me. Every time the Paladin gets his, he and one other person auto heals. Is this on constantly? Is it just on for that battle? Does it happen once after he activates it? Is the healing split?

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nasami View Post
    I'm a new GM and my players are level 5 and I'm going to give them Limit Abilities soon, but I had a few questions. Do you need to Activate Limit Abilities? How do you do that is it just a Destiny Point expendature, or is it always on?
    Limit Abilities are always on or useable at will, unless specified otherwise. The only difference between them and regular abilities is that you can't pick them at levelup.

And could someone discribe how Saint's Cross works? 'm reading it, but it just isn't clicking for me. Every time the Paladin gets his, he and one other person auto heals. Is this on constantly? Is it just on for that battle? Does it happen once after he activates it? Is the healing split?
    It happens every time he gets hit (or intercepts damage with Cover, or whatever), no action necessary. The healing amount applies in full to both the Paladin and his friend.