New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Simple Pathfinder IC

You are all sitting in a tavern. [OOC- You all saw it coming, didn't you?] An guardsman in the corner is tell about his day, apparently there have been several recent attacks on the village recently, and the guard is pushed to their limit. "Orcs" he says, with a sigh. "It must be that bloody cave again."
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Default Re: Simple Pathfinder IC

Penny looks over at the mention of the Orc problem, absentmindedly sipping the cocktail she..."persuaded" the bartender to let her have for free.

"A cave, you say? You mean the Orcs are living in this cave and raiding the village?"

Setting her drink down, she looks disdainfully at the guardsman.

"But surely, if you know where they are coming from, can you not attack them there and wipe them out? I was under the impression that the Guard were, at least, somewhat competent?"

3. - Top - End - #3

GnomeWizardGuy

The guard looks offended. "Yes, we know where they are coming from, but wiping them out is easier said than done, we have to stay here and protect the people, we are not an army that can leave and go fight them there." he states.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

A young sits on the barddisk looking around the tavern with a predatory glare, all the way the proprietor seems to ignore her presence. Her gaze locks onto a particulary intoxicated man and rapidly jumps of and runs up to the man poking him while saying a few words in a strange language (Ooc: abyssal if anyone knows it):

"G'hti Khl ú"

The man instantly sobers up but the girl is gone before the man could react so he just curses and orders a new beer, while the bartender gives the girl an appreciative pat on the back.

The girl gets back to her "post" but looks a little extra in the direction of the guard giving a letting out a small smile at the insult.
    Last edited by Gobbothegreen; 2011-09-18 at 04:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

A young man with wavy white hair is sitting on one of the table and wearing a simple brown coat while eating his soup and stopping at the mentions of the orcs attacks. This reminds him of the raids at home and he didn't want the villagers to suffer the same fate as his home.

"Well, where are those caves?"

There is an arctic fox laying down underneath his table, obviously not from this region.
    Last edited by RPG Player; 2011-09-18 at 05:09 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

GnomeWizardGuy

The guard looks at him, looking shocked. "Come on, everyone knows the Caves of Shadow." he says. "They are about a day's travel south of the town. Used to be an outpost for orcs and their ilk during the old wars a couple hundred years ago. Every so often a group of them gets the bright idea to clear out whatever we use to plug the cave and use it as an base to raid from."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

A voice cuts into the conversation, interrupting the guardsman as he said the last word.

"Then surely you can just use the same tactics you beat the last lot with, if they're just doing the same thing over and over. How did you clear them out last time?"

8. - Top - End - #8

GnomeWizardGuy

The guardsman glares at her. "Do I look that old, girl?" he asks. "We just defended as best we could until we could find some people strong enough to take care of them once and for all. And in case you haven't noticed, noone seems to want to stick around this blasted town long enough to help us at all these days."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'm not too familiar with the region, thank you for the information. Certainly, I'm not the only one looking to do something about those orcs?" the young human male looked around the room to see if anybody would be willing to help the villagers. He is no fool, his abilities are not enough to take on a whole raiding group of orcs.

10. - Top - End - #10

The young girl nimbly leaps of the bardisk and creeps under a table close to the commotion that was starting up around the guard, to better hear whatever story the guard might tell.

The small girl gets up from under the table and pokes the man who is trying to rally the crowd for help.

Do what to the Orcs?, she ask curiously.
    Last edited by Gobbothegreen; 2011-09-18 at 05:32 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Penny returns the glare, and when she speaks, her voice has a certain clip to it, as if she's carefully choosing each individual word before she says it.

"I had thought that perhaps members of the Guard would be perfectly capable of talking amongst themselves. Or are you the only one capable of speech?" she replies coolly, before closing her eyes a moment and regaining her composure.

When she speaks again, it is with a more friendly tone, without the slight malice she had before.
    " If you managed to beat the orcs before, surely there would be some survivors? I incidentally, would be willing to help, for a certain fee...provided, of course, you provide me with enough information to survive staring down a tribe of Orcs. Do you not need a strategy before you rush into battle, after all?

12. - Top - End - #12

GnomeWizardGuy

The guard laughs. "You talk as if I'm the one who meets out rewards for that sort of thing." he says. "I'm not, and all I know is that there's usually about 10 of them come to attack, 6 or 7 keep us pinned down with arrows while the other 3 or 4 make off with our stuff. The guard only has 6 men in it, and half those are newly trained. None of us has ever even seen the cave."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

The blonde girl smiles, heartened to see she doesn't seem to have offended the guard.

"Perhaps you are just going about it the wrong way? There's a lot to be said for stealth, rather than just being out in the open where they can hail down arrows on you. After all, they simply cannot shoot something they cannot see..."

She lets her sentence trail off, the words hanging in the air, and waits to see the effect they have on the guard.

14. - Top - End - #14

GnomeWizardGuy

He shrugs. "I won't say it hasn't been considered, but to be honest most of us couldn't sneak up on a cup of ale, let alone an orc." he says.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

"If stealth is what you need then I'm your guy," a hafling male strolls up to the guard and blonde female. "I beg your pardon for eves dropping, but it sounded like an opportunity for a fella to make some coin, and honestly who couldn't use the extra money?" He looks over at the guard with a slight chuckle, as if to try and brighten the mood. He climbs on to the nearest chair and extends his hand towards the female, "The names Tamir."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: *slaps Katasi's hand and jumps into the ring*

The guard takes a large gulp of his beer, giving the halfling a thorough once-over out of the corner of his eye. "Sneaking around won't put swords in the bellies of those raiders, but I don't know much about these things. If you all are keen on doing something about those orcs, you can find the caves yourself easy enough. Put a few of their heads on pikes out by the town gate and I'll bet the mayor will throw some coin your way. He sure as hell isn't spending it all on the Guard."

The guardsman tosses his head back and finishes off his beer. He shakes the empty mug at the bartender, indicating he needs a refill.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Verrik Caldo

Hearing the people around the tavern, Verrik drained the mug of ale in front of him. Getting up he walked to the bar and set his mug down with a rather calm demeanor before tossing a few coins onto the bar, enough copper for another cheap ale. Turning as the bar tender got him his drink he grinned wide.

He was was muscular, and large half-orc, his head bald and his skin with only the slightest of green tinge to it, to denote his heritage all the more. He folded his arms over his chest as he looked between those who had been speaking.

His voice was a deep basso when it joined the conversation.

"What 'ere is going to be done about this lot o' orcs, I'll throw my axe in the ring. I know caves pretty well, ne'er been near this cave 'o shadow though. If'n I know orcs though a little sneakin' and some head chopin' ought to set them right."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well little girl, it would most likely involve killing the orcs or at least take down the leader of the raid party. They are not exactly known for their diplomacy and respect only overwhelming strength." He stood up from his table and the arctic fox under his table moved as well.

"I'm Bali and would be willing to help in taking care of them. I dabble in the arcane arts."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

" Now i like the sound of that. Could go for the kidneys,and u could go for... well anything else really," Tamir says, gesturing towards Verrick while looking up towards the large fellow.

He then looks over to the newcomer," Pleasure to meet you, im sure your talents will be well appreciated. Might i ask where one would find an animal such as that, i don't believe i have come across anything of the sort.

Staring curiously at the child " Who might you be, and what exactly did u do to that man over there?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

"Nice to meet you Tamir and this one comes from the far north same as me and this is Galio."

The Artic fox looked up at Tamir when he mentioned him as a pet and moved from under the table and turned its head around to look the other way.

"It seems to be a little annoyed for being called a pet. To be fair, it's my familiar."
    Last edited by RPG Player; 2011-09-18 at 11:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

After listening for awhile a loan woman in the back wearing beautiful robes sighs and gets up, "Oh please, you lot are going about this the wrong way." The young woman says as she gets up and walks over to the table. Leaning against the table like she owns the place and not bothering to ask if she could join the guard she twirls her fingers. "Blades, stealth, cannon fodder, that is all nice and fine, but each one individually has a weakness." She says as she moves over and walks around behind the guard before leaning against the table again on the opposite side of him with a coy smile. "A blade and magic will go much further than either. Any dumb brute can stab something and any frail wizard can blast something, but what you need is a mix of those talents. One who can channel magic and wield a blade. One who can blast the orcs from afar and yet still remove their heads when they get close." She then smirks and runs her hand threw her hair. "What you need is ME, Lady Terra of the noble Dikolv family. Who would I speak to for more information? Clearly you aren't the one to talk to."
    Last edited by Major; 2011-09-18 at 11:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

" oh my deepest apologies, I did not mean to offend," talking directly to Galio " Im sorry my potential friend, its not every day one encounters on such as you. Maybe i could get you a meal, my treat" he finishes of with a wink.

His attention turning to the new female after her entrance , "Oh my this day is becoming interesting. I did not expect to run in to nobility, I have the sudden urge to bow. Do u propose to take care of this your self, 'cuz you know, there is safety in numbers?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Verrick Caldo

Grunting as the people continued their talk, he looked from the Witch and his familiar to the one speaking to the white furred animal, then his attention was drawn to the woman who had interjected in such a grand way. He shrugged his shoulders and turned to take the refilled mug back from the bartender and his voice came forth again.

I say we do 'em as we like. Workin' ta gether is the best way to go about it, and I bet we'd get more done out there there than in 'ere drinkin'

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Penny smiles at Tamir, and accepts the proffered handshake.

"Among other things, they call me Penny. Penny Shadowsong. I suppose you could say I'm a Cleric, I worship the Lady Calistria. I suppose you could call me various other things in addition, but if you are anything like the rest of this town, I would bet a silver piece that what you'd call me would not be appropriate for the child to hear."

She turns and looks to the woman leaning on the table, frowning slightly at the lady's outright arrogance, and tries to recall hearing any mention of a Dikolv family. If they were nobility, then surely the girls at the temple would have mentioned a Dikolv - Nobles are rich, and rich folk were the preferred "clientele" at The Lady In The Room.

Spoiler
    Show
    (Rolling for Knowledge (Nobility), untrained)
    (1d20+2)[4]

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by RPG Player View Post
    "Well little girl, it would most likely involve killing the orcs or at least take down the leader of the raid party. They are not exactly known for their diplomacy and respect only overwhelming strength." He stood up from his table and the arctic fox under his table moved as well.
    Huh, and they are afraid of me.... When there are men who just hurt thingsShe mumbles quickly before trying to run off without waiting for a response.

Getting interuppted by curious halfling.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnardPod View Post
    Staring curiously at the child " Who might you be, and what exactly did u do to that man over there?"
    She looks up at the short man standing on the chair, then reaches out her hand.

Hi, Shortie! She giggles. I'm Ina, I work here and i did my Job! She says it with an extreme intensity, then collapses on the floor laughing.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Galio turned around after hearing of a possible treat now that was something interesting. Bali observed the half orc for a moment and of course nobody missed the noble entrance. He approached the half-orc.

"Well, I suppose next step is to talk with the mayor then and I didn't catch your name?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Terra Dikolv

Terra shrugs, "I suppose if any of you are interested in helping numbers is fine. Like you said," She says nodding at the one who had mentioned safety in numbers, "safety in numbers. Even the best fighter can be felled if too many forces rally against them." Then she waves her hand in dismissal, "And no, no need to bow. I'm on a quest of improvement, not here as a noble. I've not been home in a year anyways."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

After seeing the foxes reaction Tamir looks at Bali, " Well that looks like a forgiving expression. With your permission I would like to get your pal treat , what does he eat?"

His gaze shifts over to the youth rolling about on the floor " Heh.. shortie havent heard that one before.. Your quite the bundle of energy. You seem quite interested in this orc issue for being so young."

He turns once more to face Penny and Terra, "well ladies do we have an agreement to work together?"
    Last edited by OnardPod; 2011-09-19 at 12:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Penny takes another sip of her drink, and considers Tamir's offer.

"Well, mercenary work is hardly my usual line of business, but as long as it brings in the coin, I'll do almost anything."

"Besides," she continues, turning to smile at the swordmaiden beside her, "a lady needs to eat....and keep abreast of the latest fashions, does she not, Miss Terra?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Terra looked confused for a moment as if confused as to why anyone would have to fight just to eat or buy clothes. "Uhh sure, right." She says with a nod, "I'm merely in it to improve my magic and blade, but motives don't matter much now do they? Results do."