New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Susi

Even as she moves to her horse, Susi draws on something from deep within herself as she attempts to throw off the despair

[Move to horse]
    [Cast Resurgence -> New saving throw: 1d20+8-5=(1d20+3)[12] vs DC21]

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Tribes of Tell Amakh (Part 1 IC)

Ashamed and disheartened, Danesh mounts his horse and turns it towards the exit of the cursed lands, Whisper flapping beside his head, equally downtrodden.
    Thanks Whisper, and sorry. I should have been able to resist it.
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wood-Archer's web spell catches 2 of the charging monsters and they stumble and fall. The third charges onward.
    Act well before thinking!

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

ESHALYN

Eshalyn curses her lack of a ranged weapon, but wants to stay and fight the scorpion beasts.

Come back and fight, we've already ssstopped the charge of two of them. We can beat them if we take them on one at a time

If at least one person stands with her, she will stand and fight. As well, she will do her Dance of Reckless Bravery which gives a +4 to saves versus fear effects, not sure if it will help in this situation. If everyone runs, she will make for her horse, hissing all the while.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

OOC: Bump because its not registering my post
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #546

A bit less insecure now the horse is picking up its speed, Danesh turns to the creature following them, gripping the knife at his belt and thrusting the other hand towards it. He even manages a shallow grin as the air around him begins to shine with metal blades pointing at the creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast: Cloud of knives.
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tarha stands up glumly, moving with distinct unhappiness to her horse as she finds herself overcome by sudden depression, a myriad of unpleasant and discouraging thoughts running through her head. They range from the mildly sensible to those that would never so much as occur to her in a normal situation; What's the point of fighting, or singing? It's not going to do anything. I'm not even very good at it...Look at Eshalyn, so brave and pretty. I'll never be that pretty. Her magically-saddened thoughts keep going as she tries to comfort herself by petting Macko's shaggy fur. When that doesn't work, she continues despairing over ridiculous and irrelevant subjects as she hoists herself onto the horse, which she finds that she cannot ride quite as well as she used to and chalks it up to her own incompetence.

OOC: I had fun with that post.
    Last edited by Archdeacon GX; 2011-06-29 at 10:31 AM.
    I am a True Neutral Human Wizard, Level 1.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    That is one epic dream ... I applaud your subconscious!

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Macko looks at Tarha, then to the charging monsters, then back at Tarha as if to say "What's wrong with you, friend?". He shakes his great body as if to loosen the muscles in his shoulders, then faces the foe, growling a challenge.

All the other companions follw suit, readying themselves for battle, even if their human partner despair. Hisses, growls and shrieks sound as they face the foe as one.
    Last edited by Simba; 2011-06-30 at 10:27 AM.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

ESHALYN

With the animal companions ready to fight, Eshalyn is ready as well, dropping into a defensive position, ready to strike as soon as the first scorpion gets in range.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

10. - Top - End - #550

Danesh shakes his head as he sees the animals lining up to repel the attackers. Don't they know they're dooming themselves? What could they possibly achieve? Yet he doesn't want to fully desert them, so he slows the horse behind their line and uses the knives intended to slow down the followers to their support.

11. - Top - End - #551

Default Susi

Seeing Redfoot and the other animals facing the creature lifts Susi's spirits somewhat in spite of the despair that weighs her down.

[Will save vs DC 21: (1d20+7)[15]]

12. - Top - End - #552
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tarha seems sluggish in her sudden onset of depression, and hardly seems to notice a lot of what is going on. Eventually one of Macko's bellowing roars catches her attention, and she knows that she can't just flee; she must do what she can to help her companions.

Spurring the horse around, she draws her greataxe and moves in towards the approaching battle.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Two of the creatures are still struggling in Wood-Archer's web spell, but one is free to act and charges straight towards his nearest target, Eshalyn, covering the distance in great leaps and bounds.

You are all free to act, the monster goes last this round.

14. - Top - End - #554

Default Susi

Susi leaves her horse and unlimbering her spear she moves up to stand a mere step to Eshalyn's left side as she readies herself for the creatures approach.

[Ready action (as soon as the creature is within 10ft of Eshalyn): Cast Geyser - ranged touch: (1d20+0)[16], damage: (4d6)[12](-5 despair)=[7] and Reflex vs DC16 or knocked prone]

[AoO(creature within spear's reach): (1d20-2)[5](+4 if creature is prone), damage: (1d8)[6](-5 despair)=[1]]
    Last edited by Stormwind; 2011-07-06 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Subtracted 5 from damage rolls too ...

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

ESHALYN

Eshalyn waits until the beast is almost on her before she launches a spinning roundhouse kick to its head, leaving plenty of room for her companions to get in a shot as well

(1d20+10)[26] attack & (1d6+5)[9] damage
    #GoreMutualarejerks

16. - Top - End - #556
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tarha steers her horse towards the enemy, getting up close before making a half-hearted swing with her axe.

DC 5 Ride:(1d20-1)[8]
    Attack (counting -5 from Despair):(1d20+6)[19]
    Damage (also counting -5):(1d12+2)[5]

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #557

Danesh releases one of the hovering blades and closes in, taking a halfhearted swing at the creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack with blade from cloud of knives (free action):
    To Hit: (1d20+1)[18]
    Damage: (1d6-3)[3]
    Charge and attack: (1d20+3)[4]
    Damage: (2d4-2)[2]
    (this -5 on everything is quite harsh)

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Round 1:

Susi leaves her horse and unlimbering her spear she moves up to stand a mere step to Eshalyn's left side as she readies herself for the creatures approach. As the beast approaches she casts a quick spell, shooting a geyser of water at it. Some of the water goes wide, but enough hits to send the monster reeling. (7 damage)

Eshalyn waits until the beast is almost on her before she launches a spinning roundhouse kick to its head, leaving plenty of room for her companions to get in a shot as well. (9 damage)

Tarha steers her horse towards the enemy, getting up close before making a half-hearted swing with her axe. (5 damage)

Danesh releases one of the hovering blades (3 damage) and closes in, taking a halfhearted swing at the creature that misses.

Wood-Archer circles and releases an arrow, hitting the creature squarely, but doing little damage. (4 damage)

The creature charges Eshalyn and jumps, but - struck by many attacks - flies clear of her, over her ducking head to land in a heap. It recovers quickly, though and moves to get back to its feet.

All the while your companions close in, the birds flying strafing attacks at the creature's eyes. Macko stands above it and tackles it, managing a bear hug that makes it an easy target.

Wood-Archer's web spell still holds, but both monsters seem close to getting out of it soon. Sutyi runs over to stand before the 2, hands moving in quick gestures.

Spoiler
    Show
    The damage I listed is unmodified by DR, so it might be less.
    All those who managed to hit the creature and are still under the despair effect get a new save, unmodified. No -5. Gogogo!
    Last edited by Simba; 2011-07-11 at 04:32 AM.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

ESHALYN

Eshalyn wants to take care of one opponent before the others free themselves, so she rushes quickly and deals another one of her patented chops.

Spoiler
    Show
    not sure if I can go yet, but here are the rolls
    (1d20+10)[27] attack & (1d6+5)[9] damage
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #560
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Tarha's axe sinks into the creature's flesh, she feels a faint hopefulness, as if something about the heat of battle were empowering her to confidence.

Will Save: (1d20+4)[19]

EDIT: However, the momentary rush of exhiliration is then overpowered again by the supernatural despair that once again washes over Tarha. Truly she looks nothing like her usual self, all the fire and determination in her eyes replaced by an unnatural depression.
    Last edited by Archdeacon GX; 2011-07-11 at 01:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #561

Assaulting the creature together with all his companions, Danesh feels a little shine of hope and desperately clings to it.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[19]

But the light appears only for a short moment, then all that is left is dull and grey again and his uninspired and weak strike cuts nothing but air.
    Last edited by Partysan; 2011-07-13 at 10:38 AM.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

ESHALYN

Eshalyn follows through on her shot on the beast and seeing Danesh trying to fight off the effect, calls to him, urging him to fight

We can beat thisss thing Danesssh, do not lossse heart...fight their evil ssspell
    #GoreMutualarejerks

23. - Top - End - #563
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tarha raises her axe again, swinging it in a low arc from the horse she rides.

-5 Penalty included in all rolls
    Ride vs. DC 5: (1d20-1)[10]
    Attack: (1d20+6)[12]
    Damage: (1d12+2)[10]

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #564

Default Susi

Susi reaches down within herself and with an extraordinary effort tries to throw off the depression that envelops her.

[Will save vs DC21: (1d20+8)[17]]

25. - Top - End - #565

Default Susi

Unable to throw off the despair that clouds her every move, Susi moves woodenly, feinting with the spear as she stays out of the creatures reach.

[5ft step out so as to use her 10ft reach (if necessary)]
    [Bluff (to feint): (1d20+5)[10]]
    [Attack (vs touch AC if feint succeeds): (1d20-2)[0], Damage: (1d8-5)[1] + (2d6-5)[3](if feint succeeds)]
    [Note: all rolls modified for despair]

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Round 2:

Eshalyn wants to take care of one opponent before the others free themselves, so she rushes quickly and deals another one of her patented chops. Her attack hits squarely, cracking the creature's armor. (9 damage)

Unable to throw off the despair that clouds her every move, Susi moves woodenly, feinting with the spear as she stays out of the creatures reach.

Assaulting the creature together with all his companions, Danesh feels a little shine of hope and desperately clings to it. But the light appears only for a short moment, then all that is left is dull and grey again and his uninspired and weak strike cuts nothing but air.

The creature in Macko's grapple tries in vain to free itself, the bear is simply too strong for it. It's carpace cracks in several places as Macko applies some more preassure. (10 damage)

Wood-Archer circles, still riding his horse. His bow twangs and an arrow inbeds itself in one of the cracks, sinking deep into the flesh below. (7 damage)

Tarha raises her axe again, swinging it in a low arc from the horse she rides. As the creature is helpless in Macko's grip, the swing hits, opening another gash. (10 damage)

The creature shudders one last time, then dies. Macko drops it and growls, a sound of triumph.

The 2 creatures that were caught in Wood-Archers web work themselves free, but Sutyi work a spell, catching one of them in a new net while the other charges Macko.

Spoiler
    Show

Defeating the first enemy gives you new hope and those still under the spell get another save.
    Order of initiative stays the same, please post your actions and roll another save if necessary. The new creature goes 4th, as did the last one.

27. - Top - End - #567

Default Susi

Yet again, Susi reaches within herself and tries to throw off the depression that envelops her.

[Will save vs DC21: (1d20+8)[26]]

Feinting with the spear, Susi stays out of the creatures reach, even as she attacks.

[5ft step out so as to use her 10ft reach (if necessary)]
    [Bluff (to feint): (1d20+10)[12]]
    [Attack (vs touch AC if feint succeeds): (1d20+3)[23](confirm [9]), Damage: (1d8)[6] + [14](if critical) + (2d6)[5](if feint succeeds)]
    Last edited by Stormwind; 2011-07-18 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Added critical roll info

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

ESHALYN

Eshalyn tries to rally her troops, even as she rushes to deal with the creature attacking Macko

Come on, we are full tribesssmen now, we can beat thessse thingsss

She delivers a roundhouse kick to the beast as she arrives

(1d20+10)[13]
    (1d6+5)[11]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

29. - Top - End - #569
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tarha feels somewhat empowered again as the first creature falls, and brings her axe up again for another mighty swing at the next one.

OOC: Mythweavers seems to be down at the moment, so I'll just be using my previous posts for reference on my modifiers.
    -5 Penalty is included (I'm assuming I fail the save), add 5 if my new save says otherwise.
    Will Save: (1d20+4)[10]
    Ride vs. DC 5: (1d20-1)[10]
    Attack: (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage: (1d12+2)[5]

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #570
    Dwarf in the Playground

Critical Threat! Rolling to confirm.
    (1d20+6)[11]
    That probably doesn't do it.

Tarha once again is overcome by the powerful curse of despair, but she keeps fighting anyway, and her axe bites into the flesh of the creature as it attacks Macko, striking it quite squarely.
    Last edited by Archdeacon GX; 2011-07-18 at 01:59 PM.

Spoiler
    Show