Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1310
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Random Superpowers

Well, here goes!

Melanokinetic Constructs
    I make my drawings come to life. Pro: I have a great imagination. Con: I have trouble drawing stick figures.

Story Manipulation
    I can change stories. Presumably I can use Melanokinetic Constructs to bring them to life!

4th Wall Awareness
    So I know I'm in a story? I'll use Story Manipulation to rewrite it!

First edit to my story: impenetrable Plot Armor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    Don't you see it? The inert Shrieker may have more raw power, but the rock has something the Shrieker will never have. VERSATILITY.

Also, the rock will probably be lighter than the Shrieker, allowing it to be used as a improvised thrown weapon should the need arise.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

One more go: First power: Soul Shield
    Second power: Energy Assimilation
    Third Power: Projected Thermography
    So let's see:
    I can use souls as shields, convert matter into energy and channel the energy released into my own body to perform various feats, and create graffiti without tools?
    President and founder of the "Jonathan Harker Was The True Hero of Dracula" Fan club.
    To join, you may either add J.H.W.T.T.H.O.D to your sig or modify the sig above.
    (Avatar darkwizard.png by Teutonic Knight.)

Spoiler: What Pokemon are you?
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here goes:

Platinum Manipulation

Soul Shield
    Mind Link

Looks like interstellar mining is now a viable opportunity :D.
    My current games:
    Its Over 9000: OOC, IC, Ashe

Lords of Creation: dueling pantheons
    OOC, IC

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

I'm not even going for three, because my first one was Spirit Magic. Totally becoming a necromancer and taking over the world. It also extends to summoning angels, so I'd find someone who's really good at riding a BMX and we'd team up.

Edit: I lied, and did three. If the first one is still spirit magic, I have an awesome thematic thing going on, with Parasitic Empowerment and Adaptive Augmentation.
    If not, I would swap out my spirit magic for... Pregnancy Inducement. Which I doesn't fit quite as well, and I can already do.

Edit 2: I know you said no take backs, but I hit random one more time and got Monotheistic Deity Physiology. Just felt like sharing that.
    Last edited by Lorick; 2014-02-21 at 11:23 PM.
    Coven Wars (Just clicking would make me happy)

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What they hey, I wanna go again

Vulnerability Inducement

First up is Vulnerability Inducement, I can make enemies around me weaker. Very useful.

Next up is,

Computer Physiology

So I am also an AI.

Last one up is,

Levitation

So I am a Computer AI that makes his enemies weaker and can levitate objects. Very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garazza
    You seem to be a jack of all trades. You can discuss most anything and play most card games.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

...well, since I have ntohing to do and want to stat another super...here goes nothing!

Planetary Parasitism

Ash Constructs

Dependency

Alright, this one I can connect somewhat easily; essentially a variety of Dark Sun defiler, this guy casts spells by absorbing the life force around him, then eats the dead stuff so he doesn't go supernova and detonate like an atomic bomb. Let's call him Siphon.
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1177

So... I got Zompire Physiology, Cryokinetic Blade Construction (not as cool as it sounds, TBH), and Sin Empowerment.

I think most religions consider being a physical mockery of life and all we hold dear a sin, so I guess that makes me nigh on invincible, since I infinitely empower myself. And the cryokinetic blades make it easier to hunt people down and proceed with the whole mockery-of-life thing I've got going.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

German Physiology?

Wait...this is actually some pretty good stuff...

Sounds like I'm becoming a reclusive, naked weather god.

9. - Top - End - #1179

RedWizardGuy

Yet another try:
    Touch of Life
    Astrokinetic Combat
    and finally Doubt Physiology
    Here comes: EMO Man???
    President and founder of the "Jonathan Harker Was The True Hero of Dracula" Fan club.
    To join, you may either add J.H.W.T.T.H.O.D to your sig or modify the sig above.

Show

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Pixie in the Playground

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Sloth_Manipulation
    hard to find non-combat/non-evil uses of this one...
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/D...ter_Physiology
    Okay thats powerful now I'm an Eldritch Abomination of Sloth...
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Imp_Physiology
    both divine and demonic at the same time eh kinda hard not becoming a villain with these powers though, kneel before the demon god of sloth!

also for the single
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Interface_Creation
    practical and fun
    Last edited by Einrikr; 2014-02-26 at 10:11 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1181

RedWizardGuy

Yet another go...
    Space Depletion
    Ki Sense and Shrinking Replication.
    Talk about a weird combination...

Show

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, this looks fun.

Acceleration
    Sweet. I'm really fast now.

Respawning
    OK, so if I crash into something while running around and go splat, I'll be A-OK in a few minutes.

Self Sustenance
    Now I won't get tired or thirsty from all that running around. Hmmm...

I do the Forest Gump thing and run back and forth across the nation, except I don't have to stop (unless I get bored or something) and I just troll bad people. And if I screw something up and wind up dead, I'll be back in a bit to get back to business. Sounds good to me!
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alright, doin' this again for giggles.

First, Spatial Slicing. A very powerful ability. There's no way to armor or shield against it, it can deal devastating, widespread damage. Overall, a great offense, but it has very little defensive value.
    Second, Energylock Manipulation. Daaaaang, yo. This is, like, cosmic-level power. This is the kind of power some extra-dimensional entity possesses. I have all sorts of awesome energy creation/amplication/manipulation abilities. I can destroy planets, become pure energy, absorb energy and physical attacks, create energy constructs, create copies of myself, even see energy through the universe and predict the future.
    Third, Cloud Flight This one's kinda lame in comparison to the whole 'cosmic power over any and everything'. Still pretty awesome.

I was planning to stop there, but out of curiosity I had to keep going a little. The streak keeps going.

Fourth, Life Mastery. I can create all sort of creatures and beings, real or fantastic in nature, control them, and then wipe them from existence when their job is done. I could create armies to do my bidding, or even populate barren planets to my whims.
    Fifth, Particle Manipulation. I have control over all matter in the universe at the atomic level, allowing me to convert any kind of matter into any other kind of matter and manipulate it to my will. Apparently I can even use it to mess with time and energy.

I'll stop there because I honestly don't know what else is left at this point.

What I'd do with this power set? I would preside over the universe as a god of energy beyond mortal reckoning. When I deign to take a physical form I soar through space and time on a cloud of nebulous cloud of space dust and exotic matter, taking a form composed out of pure exotic energy.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1184

Belief Dependent Physiology, Electrokinesis, and Regeneration.
    So I'm a Electrokinetic regenerating person who exists no matter what as long as I Believe in Myself!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

15. - Top - End - #1185

RedWizardGuy

Show

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Awright. Let's see what I've got...
    Duplication Absorption...
    Sanity theft...
    Scatter shot.
    Sooooo.... If could make duplicates of myself, I could absorb them...
    I can steal the sanity of others... And fire a projectile that splits into many shots.
    Perhaps I could absorb the shots that split off of my main projectile?

Well, if I'm cloned, no worries. I'll just eat absorb the clones. And steal the makers sanity.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Troll in the Playground

...Tentacle Extension.

...Ladies~
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    ...Tentacle Extension.

...Ladies~
    Hallo you rang
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Dwarf in the Playground

I got Vulnerability Inducement. "The ability to make those around them physically and mentally weak." The possibilities...
    Proud member of the save Ganji and Enor club

My favorite character was a chaotic neutral blue Dragon kobold alchemist. Named myself after him/her.

Warning: I may have small bouts of hammyness

The smart looking and handsome picture of Codex gracing my avatar section was created by Cuthalion

20. - Top - End - #1190

BardGuy

Well, my three from the Superpower Wiki? Awesome. My three randoms from the Superpower List? Horrible.

Superpower Wiki:

Devic Physiology: In other words, a whole slew of cool things, notably, Immortality, Invulnerability, Shapeshifting, Teleportation, and Power Manipulation.

Remolding: Uh...this is cool. Basically I can change the various aspects of an object or person. Pretty cool. Notable application: Adding powers to myself and others.

And, the real kicker, Variable Manipulation: So, the ability to perceive and manipulate the variables of anything around me. So, Number Man with the ability to actually change the variables he sees. This is a great addition, particularly in combo with Remolding: I can remold myself to have any/all powers and then use VM to up the power level of those powers to an

So, I'm a Deva who can add powers to myself and others, and scale those powers up or down at will? In addition to perceiving and manipulating the variables of anything around me? That's pretty awesome. I'd use it for good, and some of the lulz. Initially, just add the powers to myself that I can see being useful (particularly defensive things), and then ratcheting up my power level in those areas with VM. Then go out and do my best to help people where I can. try and protect people from major disasters, things like that. Fix weather patterns, decrease the impact of natural disasters, that stuff. If a majorly powerful villain cropped up, I'd take him out. That kind of stuff.

Now for the Superpower list:

Internal Temperature Control: Uh...I can keep myself at a comfortable temperature at all times. Cool, but not really useful.

Cat's Eyes: I can see through cat's eyes? Uh...Why is this important? Unless I'm going around and finding lost cats.

"Uh, hey, I saw your poster saying you lost a cat? Yeah. I can help. He's currently staring at a....wall. Yeah...Give me a little while, I'll see if I can pick up any other clues....Ah. nevermind. He just fell asleep....No, Wait! He was just blinking for an exceptionally long time. He's actually...washing himself. Yeah, I'm done. Good luck finding your cat."

and.....Falcon Pawnch! So I can do a really massive punch. Once. And then be completely wiped out for ten minutes.

Uh...yeah. i would keep myself comfortable temperature wise, and never, ever use either of the other two. except for lulz, to shoot the falcon punch into the air so everyone can see a massive flaming bird fly up and then disappear.
    I'll be sober tomorrow.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ettin in the Playground

once more, with feeling, for the new forum format:

Supernatural Regeneration
    awesome.. I'm Wolverine.
    Mode Switching
    apparently I'm a hyperpowered version of the Wolverine.
    Divine Siphoning
    overkill much? I don't know if there is a god, but if that's the case, to paraphrase the image that describes the power... your ass is mine!

it's not a particularly well harmonized combo, but it's definitely a very powerful one.

for the one-shot, I draw:
    Absolute Speed
    so many ways to abuse this that it's not even funny.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Troll in the Playground

I know I rolled a powerset not long ago, but let's copy Dehro's idea and roll a new one in celebration of the upgraded forum!

Wound Transferal. Hey, not bad, particularly if I can shift my own wounds to other people! (Given I don't really have any intention to take wounds upon myself, that must already mark me up as evil. Or at least not good.)
    Immutability. Whoa, this is a pretty big power, it makes me virtually immortal by default. On the other hand, staying the same forever doesn't sound good to me over the middle- or long-term. If that prevents me from evolving as a person, then I can already consider it a curse. (Look at me, complaining about every single power I get. Can you imagine me complaining like this forever? Humanity will consider me a curse after I stick around for too long.)
    Powerful Touch. Okay, that's like a more general form of Wound Transferal. Now THAT is great.

Even my powerset is upgraded!
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tbergman92 View Post
    And, the real kicker, Carnymancy.
    Fixed.

If cat's eyes extends to catfolk, then you obviously amass an army of catfolk. If not, get a personal attack tiger or a feline familiar.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #1194

BardGuy

I didn't link the thread, but that was the "official" name of the power, which is why i listed it as such.

And no army. I can't exert any control over the cat. I can just see what they choose to look at.
    I'll be sober tomorrow.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I didn't link the thread, but that was the "official" name of the power, which is why i listed it as such.

And no army. I can't exert any control over the cat. I can just see what they choose to look at.
    Yes, but it fits this way, too.

Oh, no. I don't mean you exert control over them. (Well, you would recruit them to your cause, and from then have some form of power over them, etc. etc.) You use them as scouts. You can see everything they see while you sit in your throne room.

The trio actually makes a decent villain. Falcon Pawnch is pretty useless, but meh. If you have an army of catfolk to act as your eyes at all times, and you live in a volcano (heat doesn't bother you) then you could be an interesting, if not optimal, villain.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #1196

BardGuy

Perhaps. Living in the volcano is still problematic, as lava would still be dangerous. the ambient heat would be fine, but the lava itself would be dangerous for me.

it would be an interesting villain, though.

My friends got way better powers/combos when we did this yesterday.
    Last edited by tbergman92; 2014-04-04 at 11:09 PM.
    I'll be sober tomorrow.

27. - Top - End - #1197

RedWizardGuy

Let me have another go at this.....
    Nosokinetic_Constructs
    I can make anything out of diseases?
    Blizzard Creation
    I like this Power better than the previous one...And I HATE cold weather!!!!
    Computer Physiology
    And I am now a sentient computer?
    I guess I'm a villain....

Show

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

So... 2/3 of the day you see the inside of a cat's eyelids.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ettin in the Playground

So... I just posted one, so I wasn't going to do so again for a while, and did one combo, just for laughs.

But I like what came out too much not to share.

Flowmotion, Nice, I thought... Gives me parkour mastery and decent fighting ability.
    Object manipulation awesome, can be abused in al manner of ways... But, wait! Paired with Flowmotion, this practically turns my fighting Style into a Jackie Chan routine..
    Ice manipulation Jackie Chan on ice?
    My Name shall be the Smooth Operator. I shall bring justice and cans of whoopass (on the rocks), and my dayjob shall be starring in holiday on ice, in a tragic solo performance, where my dance partner is a broom.

Since no post can be complete without the One-shot: life and death embodiment... And that's Pretty much game over.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

30. - Top - End - #1200

ElfWarriorGuy

Okay, let's try out my superpowers.

Hypnotic Vision: So I hypnotise people by getting them to look into my eyes? Pretty neat, not exactly game-breaking, but VERY open to abuse, whether it works through TV or not is another thing.

Alien-Beast Manipulation: I turn evil monstrosities and feral aliens into my personal pets... pretty cool... kind of hard to see it as anything other than a villain though (but that's not a bad thing )

Frankensteinian Monster Physiology: I can transfrom into an undead abomination that feels no pain and can lose limbs without worry, also the possibility of having electrical attacks.

So I am the Tamer, able to both turn feral beings into pets, and hypnotically enslave those that look into my eyes. I can also kick some ass and shoot lighting if my pets are gone or I'm fighting a blind hero. My villanous lair will be in a high rise apartment complex with all manner of beings up there as defense and guard dogs, and slowly indoctrinating the building, then the town, until eventually everyone in the town was oblivious to me and my monsters, giving them free feed if they are carnivores and nobody to care what happens, visitors to the town that find something is up will be put under as well and forced to live in the town with no memory of ever livng anywhere else. Should the army or any sufficient force mount an attack I can send my army of monsters out and pull a "this isn't even my final form", pulling their corpses together and giving me the body of a huge demon or just a super body that allows me to tear through any assaulting force.

And for the one-shot:
    Tsukumogami Physiology: I'm an intelligent weapon or object, that can change into a humanoid form at my strongest (ala Soul eater) or just an Illusionary representation of myself, leaving my original body at my weakest, pretty cool. The midway point is pretty good level, having a temporary physical body carrying the object I really am is pretty nice, although what object I would be, I have no idea... a computer would be cool.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB