New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Journey to Enlightenment II IC

--Anastazia, inside the town--

The fang of soldiers outside splits into two groups, three soldiers checking houses on the far side of the street while two soldiers move over to check the house you're hiding. They move cautiously, staying within range to support each other, as they prod the rubble and search for any sign of troops waiting to ambush them.

Spoiler
    Show

The soldiers will roll Perception + Awareness against your Dexterity + Stealth. As there are two of them, they will have limited cooperation, so there is a 1 die bonus on this attempt.

(6d10)[9][1][5][6][9][2](32)

Last edited by Horatio@Bridge; 2010-12-06 at 02:23 PM.
    Developer for the Sengai Jidai role-playing game, powered by FATE. Check out the latest progress at the development blog.

2. - Top - End - #32

BardGuy

--On the water--

The officer blinks twice as Lynne's offer sinks through to his brain. It takes a couple of more moments as he rationalizes his decision, then he gives orders to his men.

"It's true, we can get more information from a witness than we'd get by searching your ship. Crewman, lower a gangplank so the lady may come aboard."

Once aboard, the officer bows slightly to Lynne. "I am Rosauro. It is a a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Please, this way to the cabins," he says as he leads her to the rear of the ship.

The marines watch sullenly as the officer leaves with the gorgeous woman.

"Ruttin' officers, they get all the best loot," a particularly rough marine says. He casts his one good eye on the trimaran. "I wonder if they've got anything else so nice on that boat. I reckon that if the lieutenant gets him some booty, we ought to get something from this too..."

The other soldiers seem to hesitate, unsure if their commander would approve of them boarding the the ship.

"C'mon, you louts!" the marine grouses. "Orders are to search any ship that comes outta the bay. Just cause the lieutenant is off interrogating some doxy don't mean we can be derilict in our duty!"

Given a proper excuse, the other soldiers nod their agreement, and they make ready to board the Ocean Wind.

Spoiler
    Show

The good news is, the Lieutenant is the only one that likely would have recognized Pius. Bad news is, now you've got a bunch of blue-balled soldiers looking for loot getting ready to board your ship.

Once in the cabin, Lieutenant Rosauro gestures for Lynne to take a seat. "Please, make yourself comfortable."

There's not much room in the cabin, just enough for a table with one chair, a dresser, and a cramped bed. There is a porthole on one wall, open to let the sea air refresh the room.
    Developer for the Sengai Jidai role-playing game, powered by FATE. Check out the latest progress at the development blog.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Lynne

"Likewise." Lynne gracefully comes aboard now that the officer is practically eating right out of her hand, but she also notices the expressions of the other sailors. And she knows that her beauty often is a double-edged sword. Not letting the officer notice any of her concerns, she follows him to the cabin and takes a seat on the chair, crossing her legs and assuming a regal poise, despite her mundane clothes.

"It is a pleasant change of pace to encounter a reasonable gentleman once in a while, Rosauro. I normally go by a few nicknames, but please, call me Rebecca." Lynne gives the officer a pleasant smile. "As I mentioned, I do not want to delay you for long, since this is still a war zone, but I will try to answer to the best of my ability. Do I have your word that me and my friend, as well as our ship, are safe while you are watching over us, Rosauro?" She adds a bit of urgency to her voice so this won't take any longer than it needs to and also to appeal to his noble side, trying to ever so slightly tighten her grip on him. Lynne doesn't plan to exploit him, but having a navy officer as an ally and admirer could only help in the future. Still, she listens for any sounds that might come from outside that signify events taking a turn for the worse.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Pius

Pius lies still, watching the soldiers search the ship with a nervous eye. If it is possible, he will try to whisper a quick message to Sails, telling him to pretend that he is a convalescing friend. If a soldier stumbles upon Pius, he will let Sails do the explaining, but will let rip with his firewand at the first sign of trouble.

WW Games I have won:
    Spoiler
    Show

Day of the Dead 2 - Doctor
    Monster Mash III - Zombie Alpha

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Avatar courtesy of the wonderful Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sails-with-the-Wind

Sails-with-the-Wind watched and gritted his teeth as Lynne performed her dance. It wasn't new to him, he reminded himself as he got up and took position very close to his swords - he still didn't have to like it, he reminded himself as she and whoever that was went back aboard there ship.

Sails-with-the-Wind almost moved into action as he heard the rough-looking soldier talk. He couldn't help but imagine how neatly the cutting edges of his blades would slice through the tough gristle in his neck. Hearing Lynne's word about how she planned to get them out of this "no matter what" helped put him even more on edge as they searched his ship, and eyed his possessions. So caught up in his tension that he didn't even acknowledge Pius' existence.

It was the thought of Lynne aboard there ship that worked against his passion, keeping it in check. He'd hear that son of a whore though, and if he thought he'd survive the attempt he'd reincarnate with a permanently confused look.
    "Everyfing I see is mine. All da uvver bits are mine too - I just ain't got there yet." - Grimgor Ironhide

6. - Top - End - #36

BardGuy

--In the city--

The soldiers rustle through the rubble of the house. The move professionally, one checking potential hiding places as the other hangs back to keep an eye on the room as a whole. The searcher quickly and methodically checks the room, pushing over the table to see if anyone's under it, checking a cabinet to see if anyone's inside it, and peering into the rubble of the broken stairs to see if anyone's in there. He's just about to check the overturned china cabinet under which Kite is hiding when there's a clatter at the window. Both soldiers turn to it quickly, but there's just a raiton sitting in the window sill picking at its talons. It caws once when they look at it and then flies away.

"Clear!" the soldiers hear from their compatriots across the street, and the two soldiers glance at each other. Nodding, they exit the building and head back into the street.

The danger has passed for the moment, but there's still a lot of distance to the docks, and a lot of soldiers patrolling in between.

Spoiler
    Show

A Dex + Stealth roll will be sufficient to close the rest of the distance, but you can substitute another roll if you'd like. You're making it whether you succeed or fail, but I'm using the results to help me set the next scene.

--On the boat--

The soldiers roughly paw through the Ocean Wind, pocketing small bits of value like pieces of fruit and some of of Sails's better lures. One of them pokes at Pius.

"Oi, is this somebody you pulled outta the wreckage? Orders are to take any survivors into custody."

--In the cabin--

Rosauro paces nervously in the small room. He's obviously very attracted to Lynne and wants to take her up on her implied offer, but he can't bring himself to take the first move, whether out of an odd sense of honor or a fear of getting caught. He clears his throat.

"Yes, of course, they'll be fine," he says distractedly. He pauses for a moment too long, eyes wandering over Lynne's lithe form.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Lynne

Lynne looks intently at Rosauro, letting him know that she is very aware of his behavior. She puts on a slightly disappointed expression before she continues. "Ah, that is what you want to ask." She looks away for a moment as she pauses, as if telling him that she honestly expected only to be questioned. Enough so that he might think he insulted her. "I... understand, Rosauro, it must be hard to sail across the seas for so long without a woman's attention. But please, I don't want you to suffer because of this and what you're asking is... I can see you are an honorable man, so please understand my side of things like I understand yours."

Lynne knows her previous self would have had no problems with granting his wish to get what she wants, but in her current state it is a very last resort. She gets up from her chair and moves a bit closer to Rosauro, her eyes capturing his gaze and her hand softly caressing his cheek. "Still, maybe I can give you something to keep you company during lonely nights," she whispers. With that, Lynne suddenly kisses Rosauro passionately, embracing him tightly and letting him touch her (but nothing more). She can't help but feel ashamed of herself because of this and manipulating the officer in such a way, her previous and her current self clashing violently, but the need to keep Sails-with-the-Wind (and Pius) safe is stronger (and the thought helps).

After a while, Lynne stops. "I assume, despite our differences, the interview was to your liking?" she asks Rosauro, implying the end of their meeting and that he will let them go, like an unspoken order to an enchanted suitor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Manipulation + Presence (Deception) + Enchanting Features + Silver Tongue
    (16d10)[2][9][7][2][3][1][7][7][9][10][7][2][4][6][7][8](91)
    Last edited by Ridai; 2010-12-14 at 08:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Sails-with-the-Wind

Sails-with-the-Wind stuck himself inside his own head as he watched the sailors pocket small items from his ship. They probably thought he wouldn't notice and that even if he did he wouldn't make something of it. They were wrong, but he didn't make a scene despite that. If he confronted them it would go badly and he couldn't keep Lynne safe...

That's when they poked him, mid-thought. "Don't ****'n teruch me." He spat as he yanked himself away from the sailor. "And nah, ay didn't." It wasn't a lie, but that hadn't occurred to him as he eyeballed the man. "Gorrany uvver dumb questions?" Being antagonistic wasn't a smart move but he couldn't help letting his anger affect him.
    "Everyfing I see is mine. All da uvver bits are mine too - I just ain't got there yet." - Grimgor Ironhide

9. - Top - End - #39

BardGuy

--Anastazia and Kite--

Having evaded the outer edge of the patrols, the small group of refugees makes their way through the wreckage of the streets and to the docks. Anastazia is able to lead them past the main line of pickets guarding the docks, bringing them within a short dash of the pirate ship. The ship is guarded by ten soldiers, led by a scarred man wielding a hefty hammer. Aran's crew is held on the docks, bound by ropes and guarded by three soldiers. The ship itself is moored to the dock by three heavy ropes, as well as by having the anchor lowered. Anastazia and the group are hidden next to several barrels, and are as yet unnoticed by the soldiers.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to that epic roll, you're able to get quite close to the ship indeed. So, you need to free the crew, unmoor the ship, and raise the anchor. What do you do next?

--Lynne--

Rosauro flushes in a mixture of shame and arousal. He looks to the side and backs away.

"Of course," he says quietly. "You may go."

--Sails and Pius--

The soldier glares suspiciously at Pius, but before he can say anything Lynne returns with the officer.

"Let these people go," Rosauro orders. "I've determined that they're not involved with the battle."

"Sure you 'ave," the lead soldier mumbles, but he follows his orders. He palms another orange, and then he leaves the ship.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Lynne

Lynne feels guilty when she sees the damage she has caused, even though she knows she had to do this to protect those she cares about. At times like this, she feels like she should be neither her former nor her current self, the things that haunt her in her fragmented dreams, that make it hard to fully control herself.

"Thank you." Lynne bows courteously and for a short moment, there is something incredibly pure and honest about her as she shows an apologetic smile. "I hope we will meet again in more peaceful times, not as strangers, but as friends. I really do." If she can harm with her words, maybe she can also soothe with them.

Lynne leaves the cabin with Rosauro and goes aboard Ocean Wind again. "I wish you and your men a safe journey, Rosauro," she says as a goodbye before she turns around, allowing Sails-with-the-Wind and Pius to see her radiant persona slowly disappear, leaving behind a withdrawn expression. Still, she looks to her friend and seeing him unharmed puts a small, warm smile on her face. "I think it is time to go, Sails."

11. - Top - End - #41

Sails-with-the-Wind

Sails-with-the-Wind heaved and hefted the the rigging and wheel just before the soldiers had left such that they had to dash the rest of the way or fall into the sea. The wandering sailor, satisfied with his vengeful prank, set the Ocean Wind to a course out to sea before making an account of just what toll he had paid.
    Last edited by The Blue Guard; 2010-12-21 at 09:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Anastazia

Anstazia looks at the ship and then back at its owner. "I don't know much about boats," she says quietly. "I also can't take on ten soldiers all by myself. Maybe the three if I have surprise, though I can't guarantee that, but not ten." She has a bow as well as a sword, and knows how to use both. "Can any of your men fight if we do free them? And can the soldier do anything to your boat to cripple it if they see us?"

13. - Top - End - #43

BardGuy

--In the Town--

Aran thinks for a moment.

"The biggest problem is that the boat is moored in place. We'd have to get it free before we could leave. After that, we need to free my men. They can hold their own in a fight, plus we have some arms on board. If you can gain the ship, the gangplank is only wide enough for one person to board at a time. You'd be able to negate their advantage of numbers there. If you can cut the moorings, I'll sneak on board to retrieve my weaponry. Then we can meet by that pile of boxes there to rush the guards defending my men."

Kite listens in, nodding appropriately.

"I'm not a total loss in a fight," he adds. "I could probably take one or two of them myself."

14. - Top - End - #44

BardGuy

--On the Ocean--

The thugs had done quite a number on Sails's supplies. They were picked clean of fruit, and there were several small but important tools missing. He could probably improvise replacements, but they'd need to stop for food and eventually find some place civilized to restock their gear. Not here, though...it was already thoroughly fallen. Although they might be able to use the chaos to make a quick smash and grab to get what they needed. At the very least, they might be able to pull into a cove away from the city and restock on foodstuffs.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Lynne

Lynne's tiredness seems to dissipate relatively quickly as she quietly tells herself not to relax while they are not completely safe. The more or less carefree time she spent with Sails-with-the-Wind couldn't last forever (unfortunately), so Lynne at least concentrates on getting what they need to do done. "Pius, do you know if and where we could gather some food outside of the city? Or if there is any way to get into the city unseen?"

16. - Top - End - #46

Sails-with-the-Wind

It was with a stalking, hunting step that Sails-with-the-Wind left the hold after his inspection of the exact cost he had paid, and all for the honour of not decorating his boat red. Grimly he clambered about the ship, exaggerating his motions to burn his aggressive energy as he brought the ship from its seaward bound course. The ship instead made a wrenching turn - the left outer hull slamming into the sea while the right outer hull lifted itself up - and entered into a semi-circular course that would bring them around to the opposite side of the island.

Sails-with-the-Wind, caught up in his own wake of furious action, ignored Lynne and Pius. Instead of being social he fell into his old pattern and climbed the rigging to a small platform resting at the top of the mast. Barely a few feet across with the wind and movement of the ship it made for a perfect place for him to practice his style. It was up there that he isolated himself both with distance and with the iron walls of meditation.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Lynne

Letting out a little startled yelp, not expecting something sudden from the ship itself, Lynne grabs onto the Ocean Wind as her friend brings it around. After a quick check for possible sources of danger, she sees Sails-with-the-Wind being clearly agitated. At first considering to ask him what's wrong, Lynne quickly bites her tongue and looks away as he storms by and climbs up the mast.

On the one hand, she knows she accomplished what was important, namely still being free, still being on the Ocean Wind, still being alive and well. But on the other, what she knows of her past self forces Lynne to question her decisions and she is responsible for infuriating her only friend. She has to ask herself if she was becoming more like her past because of forcing her way to handle the enemy ship, if she should have let Sails-with-the-Wind, the Ocean Wind's captain, decide on what to do, how she could repay him.

Lynne gently steers the Ocean Wind with her limited skills along the course set by Sails-with-the-Wind. There is nothing to be gained from brooding and Lynne knows this, but someone who never questions whether she is right or wrong and what her motifs are cannot be a good person. And everything is made more complicated because she is aware of what it means when so many thoughts are focused solely on one person other than herself.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Lynne

Lynne has been steering the Ocean Wind for a while now, constantly checking if Sails-with-the-Wind calmed down, but that hope seems to be futile. She can't just leave him up there, though. "Pius, could you hold the course?" With that, Lynne heads up to the platform.

Staying close to the mast, not wanting to test her balance while focussing on her friend, she waits a moment, hoping for a reaction, before she speaks with a soft voice. "Sails?" A brief pause. "I know you aren't happy about what I forced you into, but..." Still no reaction. It is a touchy subject and she doesn't know how he'll react, but apparently he doesn't respond to gentle methods. And, maybe a bit selfishly, Lynne is slowly getting fed up with him ignoring her.

"Sails!" She grabs her friend's shoulder and pushes him against the mast, immediately stepping right in front of him, her body almost touching his, planting both of her hands to his sides against the mast so Sails can't just turn away (and so she doesn't lose her balance from the sudden movement). Thanks to her height, she is face to face with her friend, her expression and voice hard and with a trace of anger.

"We are low on food, in enemy territory, and we need to take action now! We don't have any time! You are the captain, so act like one!" Having vented a little, she lets the words sink in while regaining her own composure. She softens her behavior a little, her eyes searching for a reaction in Sails-with-the-Wind's features. "Am I not your friend? Talk to me."
    Last edited by Ridai; 2011-01-20 at 12:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Sails-with-the-Wind

It was a tight fit on the platform that forced Sails-with-the-Wind to consider he steps carefully even before Lynne clambered up and got in his way. He tried to ignore her, hoping she would just get bored of being ignored and go back down but that was when she pinned him to the mast. He was in the middle of a set and her timing couldn't have been better as he slammed into the mast, off-balance and with her bearing down on him for answers he hated the wind for carrying that scent of hers to him.

"We're tak'n action rite now, this cose wul take us ter de uvver end o' de island, and inhabited islands tend ter 'uv scran grow'n ed dem er liv'n ed dem!" Sails-with-the-Wind ended up shouting as he tried not to let the smell of her control him. "And ye nah we're kiddas, but me past is mine, and ye nah dat tew!"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Lynne

Lynne remains silent for a while, cheeks still reddened a bit from the short exchange, having never raised her voice at her friend before and vice versa. She is surprised but in a way glad to be shouted at, glad that Sails-with-the-Wind reacts, but something is off. And she has a vague idea what that is. "You don't have to tell me your life story, but you also don't have to shoulder everything by yourself, just as I rely on you. No one here will think lesser of you if you don't." Lynne lets go of Sails-with-the-Wind a little reluctantly and steps aside.

"I'm not here to be a burden to you, I'm here because I care about you." With her previous life apparently built around lies, illusions and false hopes, Lynne at least wants one aspect of her new life to be untouched by such corruptions.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2011-01-22 at 02:16 AM. Reason: missing words...

21. - Top - End - #51

Sails-with-the-Wind

It took a moment of gritted teeth and looking at anywhere but her face before he said something. "Dat is de problem." He said. "It wuz scutty whun yous wuz juss us'n me ter svive afti ay fished yous out de sea." Keeping his face turned away from her he seemed annoyed, and angry, and more than a little sad. "Whun yous wuz..." Sails-with-the-Wind didn't complete his sentence out loud, but he did so in his head. When she was just somebody using him to survive, he could do something nice for somebody else and he liked that, but now they're more than just two people surviving. It made him feel guilty, not simply because he still loved his wife but because he didn't think he deserved somebody nice. At least, not yet.

Since they had become friends he'd been thinking that maybe if he did enough good his guilt would go away. Washed clean by the forces of karma somehow, but that just made him feel even more guilty for thinking he could make up for all that evil. He hadn't simply done horrible things, he had enjoyed doing them; enjoyed the power; the feeling of brittle mortal bones snapping like twigs in his grasp. The worst thing though was that he knew what Remy would have felt about it, but he was sure in his conviction that this path was the right one - it was sometimes only the thought of what she would say that stopped him from giving in to his anger.

Then his eyes widened as he remembered earlier. He had wanted to give in to his anger but he hadn't, and not once had he thought of Remy.

He lifted his head then, thinking of defiance. Thinking of some way to get down from here and then somehow avoid her until they hit the beach, but his head sunk. It would be impossible. She could only be occupied by the new arrival for so long before she started thinking how she was going to try and pry into his affairs again. Not wanting to tell her anything, but knowing he had to tell her something he thought on his feet and came up with a stalling tactic. It might give him enough time to decide which of the two options he had in his mind was the right one.

"Or'rite, or'rite." He said in his thick accent, trying to sound defeated, but he doubted he was very successful. "Wa' do yous wanna kun?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Lynne

"I see..." Lynne looks away when Sails-with-the-Wind stops mid-sentence, lips pressed together, missing the signs of her friend's realization. She is not sure what to do, feeling lost as she vigorously resists part of her instinct telling her to just go ahead and seize him and another urging her to stop the conversation, to run away so that she doesn't risk corrupting Sails-with-the-Wind should she lose control.

Lost in thought and inner conflict, Lynne is visibly surprised when she hears her friend's offer. It takes her a moment to collect her thoughts. "Could you tell me what upset you so much? Was it the sailors ransacking the Ocean Wind or what I did or something else? That is all I want to know." Of course, the last part is a lie, told with a determined face and voice. Lynne knows it is none of her business and can't help but feel like she is handling something precious and incredibly delicate, not knowing what effects her actions could have on their friendship. Still, she doesn't want to appear uncertain and make things even more complicated for Sails-with-the-Wind.

23. - Top - End - #53

Sails-with-the-Wind

Sails-with-the-Wind takes the moment to push himself properly upright against the mast behind him. "Ay 'ad a wife." He said, looking at Lynne. "Because o' me and me arrogance she wuz killed." He paused to gulp down a mouth full of air, then a second mouth full, and then a third before he continued. "Ay thought me and me swords could protect 'er, but me style wuz... is flawed, and juss as ay couldn't protect 'er dun ay couldn't protect yous now." His breathing quickened, the thought of how much work he still had left to do before his style was perfect enraging him. "Ay thought me style wuz ready, ay thought ay could protect somebody, but as soon as dee came aboard ay knew wa' would 'appen: ay'd die gasp'n fe air."

"Ay guess it juss hit a little tew close ter a sore spot, eh?" He offered weakly with a half-smile, but very quickly he put it away. He didn't like talking about it, and his sloppy attempt at self-depreciating humour just, well predictably, made him feel stupid.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Lynne

Lynne's eyes are fixed on Sails-with-the-Wind as he explains, moved by what she hears. Moving closer to her friend, she brings her talents to bear, guiding him into her gentle embrace, caressing his head and back, resting her head on his shoulder. "When you pulled me out of the water, I was weak, frightened, I felt lost in the endless sea around me. I clung to you as if my life depended on it, shaking and crying. You could have ignored me, made me your slave, raped me or worse and no one would have known, no one would have cared, but instead you took care of me. You treated my fever, fed me, you were by my side when I discovered what is written in the journal, who is was, when I woke up screaming from my nightmares. Sails, you have protected me in so many ways and you still do. Without you, I would have lost my mind and died and no one would have cared."

Lynne's voice is soft, soothing, her whole being radiating warmth as her hair ripples in a gentle breeze. "You gave me strength, courage, hope, the ability to smile again. The entire time I was on the other ship, I was afraid something could happen to you, but you endured and the thought of you allowed me to succeed. We are only human, we have strengths and flaws, sometimes we win against all odds, sometimes we fear the unknown and feel helpless."

Lynne moves her head back so she can look Sails-with-the-Wind into the eyes, showing that she is blushing and smiling gently. "In the past month, you showed me what a strong, humble man you are, despite everything you have suffered through, despite me often being difficult." Lynne looks away for a moment, her cheeks growing even more red and her face showing a little guilt. "I consider myself blessed by Fate that you saved me and that I can be your friend. We can look after each other, pick each other up again when things don't go smoothly." She plants a kiss on Sails-with-the-Wind's cheek. "Give it time, Sails. I'll try to a good girl in the meantime. And you should smile more often, it suits you a lot better than that brooding face."

In a way, it feels liberating to Lynne to say what she feels, without any hidden agendas or plans, not embarassed in the slightest. She isn't sure what her words might cause, having only her intentions to make her friend feel better, so Lynne is more than a little nervous as she waits for his reaction.

25. - Top - End - #55

Sails-with-the-Wind

Sails-with-the-Wind stiffened uncomfortably as Lynne turned the barrel of her charm on him. To his credit, despite the bad signal his rigidness sent he managed to keep from squirming away. He knew Lynne was just trying to be friendly, but it still made him feel uncomfortable to be with another woman in such close and intimate proximity. Gulping a little as she finished, his outward breaths becoming a staccato beat as she tried to smile despite not wanting to. "Okay," he said around his smile. With a quick glance to his right he slipped off to the left while Lynne looked to see what he had noticed. "Banana." Sails-with-the-Wind said with confidence as he grabbed a nearby rope and rappelled down it to the deck.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Lynne

Caught off-guard, Lynne just stands there for a moment, blinking. And then laughing out loud at their behavior, how absurd and surreal it got. "That's a good first step, Sails," she says to herself, having gotten a little revenge on her friend to boot. Lynne climbs down and leaves Sails-with-the-Wind alone for now, having gotten across her point and taken his mind off his brooding. Yet, unnoticed by her, a smile forms on her face for a moment, one that could only be described as unsettlingly predatory, only to be replaced by a more pleasant one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, time skip, please.

I sense that Sails and Lynne have a very strange and quirky future waiting for them.

27. - Top - End - #57

BardGuy

Sails pulls the Ocean Wind up to the small cove with practiced ease. A small beach is carved out of a rocky shore by a stream running into the ocean. It will take some clambering to get up the spray-slicked rocks to level ground, but this difficulty should keep any soldiers from interrupting their search for supplies.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll let you two decide who gets off the ship and goes looking for things. The ship should be fine, assuming you trust Pius alone.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Lynne

Lynne curses quietly as she examines the path, glancing at her thin arms that are still weak from drifting barely conscious through the sea and being wrecked by fever and nightmares after getting pulled out of the water. Maybe she was like this even before she lost her memories, but the little bit of pride Lynne possesses firmly denies this in favor of trying to fix the flaw in the near future.

"Sails, do you want me to come with you or stay on Ocean Wind? I could deal with a few soldiers, but..." I'm not much of a help when it comes to carrying weights and climbing with them, she completes the sentence in her mind, not especially liking that she might have to sit by the sidelines this time. The way western men think about women like her makes admitting this in front of Sails-with-the-Wind and Pius sting a little more, too.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Anastazia
    "Hmm. I might be able to sneak on board. I could probably cut the moorings if I do. Do you want me to do that before or after you arrive? I don't know how well the boat will stay put once I cut the ropes. I'd hate to drift away and leave you."

30. - Top - End - #60

Sails-with-the-Wind

"Yis ter de second, but pius is com'n wi' me." Sails-with-the-Wind said with an authoritative tone after he had dropped Ocean Winds sea anchors over. "Nah offense, but ay juss dun trust yous." He says to Pius as he slipped on the harness for his hook swords - several leather straps that held the swords against his back but allowed him to draw them quickly - and then his blue buff jacket, though he didn't yet button the ornate jacket up just yet. Instead he began crawling up the mast to the little platform above before waving for Pius to follow.