New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default A Potentially Touchy Subject

For US citizens, anyway. I'd wanted to start a thread asking those folks lucky enough to live in a state (Nevada, California, Rhode Island) or nation where prostitution is legalized about the kind of social, economic and cultural effects they think it has on where they live. I feel the topic has much to explore without getting explicit, but I thought I'd bring it up with the mods here first because I know that most US citizens believe it is WRONG, degrading, etc so forth, and I don't want to step on their toes or, for that matter, the toes of the Giant.

Hoping to hear back,

- Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: A Potentially Touchy Subject

I think the topic is too likely to dive into discussion of religion and/or politics. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot-pole if I were you.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    I think the topic is too likely to dive into discussion of religion and/or politics. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot-pole if I were you.
    It'd only get into religion if folks fail to consider the clearly-marked line on the subject.

Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

And it could only get political if... people talk about it.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

5. - Top - End - #5

I'd be talking about the effects on a culture in places where it's already legal. Politics need not enter into things at all, folks.

My extended homebrew sig

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

I think the last time the issue of "activities illegal in some places" came up, the general ruling was- if it's commonly illegal, it cannot be talked about- even if it's legal in some places.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    It'd only get into religion if folks fail to consider the clearly-marked line on the subject.
    'bout 30 seconds, then.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

People pay for sex the world over. The only difference between the rest of the world and places where it's legal is that where it's legal, it can be regulated like any other business, safety standards can be enforced, taxes can be collected, and workers can expect a higher quality of life compared to places where it's illegal.

But that said, everyone else is right. Giantitp isn't really the community to ask this sort of question in.
    If RPG's have taught me anything, it's that all social and economic problems of the world can be solved through murder.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I fail to see how this will not be political. It has little to do with religion, though.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The Rainbow Mod: This is a political subject, and by such is not allowed by the forum rules.
    Please don't start such thread.
    Thread locked.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.