New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

@Druid
    Werewolf? Nah. I think I might have said hair instead of head hair. Thats the only hair really growing. His nails are growing but their not getting sharper (though they are getting stronger). Theres also the canines being more prominent but thats the closest to werewolf.

But yeah, waiting for your next reply.

@Tardis
    The twin's your introduction could be jumping into the fight but that's up to you.

Edit:
    Should there be some battle music?
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-05-17 at 07:03 AM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

Join the Cult of the Damned, we have free donuts on fridays! -Bago!!!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

Could use some helpful critique for my avatar that I made. Please?

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Has anyone seen Anyr lately? I am kind of waiting on him to reply to Katsu.

The speedster is hungry!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Has anyone seen Anyr lately? I am kind of waiting on him to reply to Katsu.

The speedster is hungry!
    Oh dear. Poor Katsu seems to have become the victim of my sloppy communication skills. Apparently the post I made last week was too inconspicuous:

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Unfortunately I'll also be away for a while; Expect my posting to be at or near zero for the next week. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    So, for those of you who missed it and thus had no idea where I'd been all this time, the answer (along with a belated apology) has finally arrived. Hopefully Katsu hasn't died of boredom from being frozen in place for so long...

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Oh dear. Poor Katsu seems to have become the victim of my sloppy communication skills. Apparently the post I made last week was too inconspicuous:

So, for those of you who missed it and thus had no idea where I'd been all this time, the answer (along with a belated apology) has finally arrived. Hopefully Katsu hasn't died of boredom from being frozen in place for so long...
    Sorry.

I forgot.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

I hope you guys are still taking in characters. You can call him Marc or Marcy for ease of typing. He doesn't mind. EDIT : Dang just saw the twins
    Name : Marcielle Miavette
    Alliases : Marc, Marcy, Fafnir (self given)
    Level : 3 ( bumped down a level because of poor control)
    Affliations : current - Tokigawa corporation (benefactors)
    ex - unnamed environmental group(see 'Blackout')
    Description

Appearence: Slightly on the short side. He's the average height for an eastern teenage girl of equivalent age. His blonde hair is a bit of a curiosity as it is completely straight but naturally curls up at the ends. His normally blue eyes sometimes darken even when not using his powers. He has a carefree and content look about him most of the time, eyes wide open in wonder of the world. He looks slightly younger than he is because of his height and child-like face and is sometimes mistaken for a grade schooler.

Personality: Dichotomous. Usuallly, he either hates or loves something with very little in between. He is outgoing and friendly to the point of seeming like the child he resembles. He always tries to like everyone he meets so he comes off as a bit naive at first. However, a sharp, and chaotic, intellect lies just beneath the surface.
    He likes having fun most of all and will try to tag along with anything that looks fun. He likes clowning around and will jump into anything headlong and smiling.
    When he gets down to business his demeanor changes somewhat. He maintains the smile but it looks forced. He stands back, analyzes and goes all out. He has been trained to achieve objectives as efficiently as possible by his 'benefactors'.

Abilities

Esper ability: Entropic Engine
    Transportation(destruction?) of energy
    Marc has the power to drain any recognizable form of energy from an area. He refers to this as 'eating' it. Though highly unlikely that drained energy is actually destroyed, there is no method capable of tracing 'eaten' energy. Marc can tell different energies apart by 'taste'(Marc's own words). The area usually originates from his right eye and spreads out as a cone but he can manifest it as a sphere centering his right eye instead or a very thin field surrounding his body. This, however, means he is also caught in the area of effect. Only these shapes possible at current level. He cannot exclude any are within either.
    There is no known limit to the amount of energy he can 'eat' but there are heavy restrictions on rate of drain and change in area. The more 'physical' an energy is, the harder it is to drain and the opposite applies to 'purer' energy types. Effort required scales quadratically from pure to physical end of scale. Draining the light from an area is easy and near instantaneous but stopping a normal punch by absorbing kinetic takes full concentration and is very tiring. Powerful insulators and wide areas/long distances negatively affect rate. Maximum range nears half a football field.

Aim field - Uncharacteristically large but very diffuse. Can be overshadowed if he is near a level 4 or higher AIM field making it hard to sense

Specific energy interactions
    Nuclear - Nuclear chain reactions are very carefully balanced and as such very susceptible to Marc's power. 'Blackout' refers to the incident where Marc joined a rabid environmentalist group thinking it was a parade and helped them shut down a nuclear power plant. This incident is what first drew the attention of the 'benefactors'.
    Electricity - Aside from normal uses, Marc can drain all electrical impulses from a creature's nervous system, temporarily locking down all their senses and physical actions. Because of the nerves own powerful insulation, touch range is required for anything more than a slight numbing effect.
    Gravity - Although a 'purest' form energy, gravity's source is endless and overwhelming, meaning he cannot cancel it completely. However, while actively 'eating' it, he can make things much lighter.
    Chemical - He can drain chemical energy from a creature, making them tired and weak. Since it is very far on the physical side of the scale, Marc will normally end up as exhausted as his target.
    Electrostatic forces - By 'eating' the very energy holding a material together, he can disintegrate objects. This is the ultimate on the physical scale so he is hard pressed to destroy so much as 5 pounds before having to stop due to exhaustion and headaches.

Physical traits
    Moderate training - Has been receiving extra training arranged by 'benefactors'. Significantly more fit and agile than average student but still no combat training. Yet.
    Pale - Pretty darn pale for no particular reason
    What the heck are you wearing? - Likes outlandish clothes(not nescesary clothes themselves, can be wyrd accessories) though he seldom wears them.

Mental traits
    Wired for action - On top of regular training, benefactors arrange special sessions weekly.
    By your side - Will aid another's cause just to see what it's like fighting for the cause with little regard to the cause itselfw
    Lollygagin - Marcy is devoted to kickin back and havin good times in general
    Normal? - Despite being wyrd as heck and having an unconventional upbringing, Marc registers no major psychological instabilities.

Notable equiptment
    Walkman- Almost never goes anywhere without it. Funnily enough, he seldom listens to actual music. He just likes how his custom oversized headphones look and feel.
    Card deck - Cutey chibi theme.
    Spirit band - Has a plastic part that he can write on with marker and then erase so he can keep on changing the message on it. Usually in his school bad/pockets.

Tidbits
    LOVES magic. His attitude is towards it is basically 'magic is meant to create happiness'. Likes to think that his missing parents were actually wizards but there is no evidence suporting this.
    Parents dissappeared when he was about 4. Ran on inheritance till his power training started and then immeadiately drew the attention of the 'benefactors' due to it's unique nature.
    The only one he has actually seen is Minomaru, a stern old man who doesn't really like children in general but drew the short straw and ended up being the one who had to interact with Marc.
    Randomly speaks German(poorly) despite having no German ancestry. In fact, Marc has never even seen a German.
    He goes to the normal school despite repeated efforts on behalf of the 'benefactors'.
    Last edited by marcielle; 2011-06-27 at 01:11 AM.
    'Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!' - Johnson, Cave.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I was just assuming everyone here was just really busy with finals and last minute school work that I haven't pushed to why this thing has stalled.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I kind of forgot while I was reading up for exams. Sorry.

But I have vacation now! So I'll post as soon as I recall what's going on!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Good grief, actual activity. After all this time I honestly thought that nobody was interested in playing any more. That's the main reason why I stopped posting: There's little point in trying to keep an RP alive when nobody else in it is having any fun.

To marcielle: You are indeed most welcome to join. Hopefully you won't mind the low activity level; Things have been rather slow around here lately.

As for the character, his non-crunchy aspects look fine. I do have a few concerns about his power, though: The main one being that it seems unusually flexible considering that it's only Level 3. For instance, the 'Electrostatic' section alone almost totally duplicates my own character (Kiyoshi Jirou)'s entire power. That's slightly worrying.

There's also the fact that Nuclear, Gravitational and Electrostatic are all examples of potential energy. Perhaps due to my lack of training in physics, I'm having trouble imagining how the draining of potential energy would manifest. For instance, what would happen if he ate the potential energy contained within an elastic band that had been looped over and stretched between two poles?

Sorry if all this comes across as being hostile; I'm not actually opposed to powers which are strictly better than others of the same level, provided the people involved don't mind. After all, it happens in canon all the time, and balance isn't everything. So if you're happy with Entropic Engine as it is now, I have no real objection to it. You might want to bump its Level up to 4, though; 'Poor control' aside, it does feel more suited to that tier.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-06-23 at 03:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

I was just waiting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Orc in the Playground

Like Anyr, I was kinda just thinking no one was interested in this RP anymore.

Of course, it never occured to be to just post and ask on OOC.

I'll post some time this weekend. I'd post sooner but I am feeling under the weather and tomorrow is going to be incredibly busy.
    My life for Nerzhul!

Join the Cult of the Damned, we have free donuts on fridays! -Bago!!!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

Could use some helpful critique for my avatar that I made. Please?

11. - Top - End - #491

I'm still interested in jumping in at some point...school and life have been hectic but if I get the time I'll finalize Haru's character and try to come up with some way to jump in.
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd like to join this free form game. I'm a fan of the original series, and this seems like it could be good fun. Here is my basic character concept;

Name: Frank Marshall
    Affiliation: Anti-skill

Description:

Appearence: Light brown hair, blue eyes, medium height and build, light stubble. Rarely without a cigarette

Personality: Easy-going, tends toward sacasm in stressful situations, considers dignity an afterthought compared to success.

Skills:

Basic Anti-Skill training, as well as a few extra courses in hand to hand to combat.

A knack for surviving danger and an even greater knack for stumbling across it.

Time spent out of action due to injuries has allowed Frank to familiarize himself with the Anti-Skill database

Notes:

Due to his trouble magnet status, Frank is generally recovering from a minor injury of some sort (Currently a broken wrist). His recurring injuries have become something of a joke among his co-workers, and there is a small betting pool on what he'll injure next.

Frank mantains what he likes to call "a reasonable level of paranoia", and always keeps a canister of tear gas on his person, and has linked his cell phone to the Anti-Skill database so he can look up information wherever he is. Doing so is technically against regulations, but nobody really minds.

Frank is very attached to his smokes, and can becomes increasingly aggressive if denied the opportunity to light up.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

...he and Tsubasa would not get on well.

Tsubasa hates smoking, a mixture of 'why would you even do that to yourself?' and 'get that cancer-causing stuff away from me!'.

Blowing out his cigarettes would happen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #494

MonkGuy

I actually have long lecture like explanations why all his powers would work. Also, I actually overstep 2 peoples powers in function even though the source and manner are different. Important thing is Marc can only TAKE AWAY. He cannot rearrange or add. Gravity basically is due to electromagnetic waves radiated by atoms attracting other atoms( the same effects actually keep ions attached to their atomic nuclei!) This effect is usually negligible for any single non-solid mass < a city. I got more power ideas and am rewriting them now but if you and the guy who plays the twins don't mind terribly I don't mind a bit of overlap. No worries though, nearly done with his new powers.

Note that disintegration does not automatically disrupt form or turn anything 'inert'. It just severely weakens the bonds holding matter together, so a good whack is still needed to truly disintegrate anything. Also, this is something that even at level 5 of his power, would be hard an tiring to the point he is better off just getting a sledgehammer and whacking. As another difference, his draining of energy only lasts as long as he keeps concentrating. Once he stops, the attractive forces may reinstate themselves.

He has flexibility due to the sheer nature of his powers. He just need to find the energy's 'taste' and eat it till desired effect achieved.His flexibility comes at the cost of rate and accuracy. Like I said, Light is pretty fast but even stopping the punch of a normal person requires full concentration, something not usually afforded in a close fight. Also, it affects wide areas, he cant just target something specific and a fast moving object can usually escape his abilities if it moves in a straight line.

Also, the band would just disintegrate. The force giving it the elasticity is basically the force holding the atoms together. Of course, it would probably be easier, and MUCH faster, to just break it by hand.

Leveling is due to the level 3 = 1 armed adult idea. He could black out an area and sound around him completely ruining accuracy and slowly freeze the gun (heat is halfway down physical-energy scale) but a few people spraying a large area is likely to hit him anyway and he won't be able to freeze fast enough to stop them before they run out of area. Increasing the area just slows down abilities even further but if you really still think it is 4 I can change the info no prob.

OMG crafty and horngeek! I just realized Marc might have the ability to reduce/suppress cancers! See a cancerous cell needs WAYYY more energy than a regular one. A small area cone of chemical drain might theoretically kill a lot of cancer cells while only killing a few normal ones! Chem drain might need clarification though. He has 3 ways of doing it from hardest to easiest. Physically removing charge from molecules. Differently charged molecules have very different/no reactions. Drain energy from molecules so they can't react. Molecules need to come together with enough energy to fuse them or have to be pulled hard enough to separate. Simply 'eat' the energy currently being released by reaction. Reaction still occurs but no energy produced. Stops chain reactions dead cold but has no lasting effect after draining is stopped.

p.s. Slightly overlaps 2 people but got a sorta OK from one and a definite OK from the other so if 1 or 2 more people would give me their thoughts, the 'benefactors' will be dropping Marc off for his first day of public school(he was being 'home' trained before).
    Last edited by marcielle; 2011-06-24 at 03:31 AM.
    'Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!' - Johnson, Cave.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm still here... getting settled into my summer job here, but still checking every day to see if activity sparks back up again! Figured it was due to the time of the year and other folks' schedules that was causing a stall, but looking forward to seeing this start to chug along again.

And marcielle, I don't have any problem with you encroaching on the twins territory because their big 'gimmick,' as you will, is energy storage and transference - reason why I chose twins, right? Potential energy drain, however, is a lot trickier to work out, because of just the difficulty of applying it and visualizing it...

Interesting, and I wish you the best of luck advancing the idea forward here.
    There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
    There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

16. - Top - End - #496

MonkGuy

Marcy power levels
    Spoiler
    Show

Level 0 : Batteries and such drain faster in his presence(no control)
    Level 1 : Able to drain 'purest' energies at touch
    Level 2 : Able to drain slightly less 'pure' energies at range
    Level 3 : Able to drain all types of energies at range(severe penalties to more physical energies
    Level 4 : Large increase in range and rate. Can blackout whole streets and slow bullets till they are very painful but not lethal(think large hailstones)
    Level 5 : Increase in rate and finer control. Can now exclude self from spheres. Can stop kinetic energy to the point of freezing a truck in place and cause power outages for whole cities

Marcy is a flamboyant power user and prefers to use them in ways that are spectacular, even calling out the names for some of his better creations:

Embrace of Mother Night - Touches a person and drains all electricity from their body temporarily removing ALL senses, higher brain activity and even heartbeat. Very unpleasant experience or so he is told. He only used it once when someone was abusing his daughter to the point she was bleeding. He never EVER tried anything like that again cos it nearly killed the guy. Repeated use would theoretically be brain damaging to target.

Descent of the Black World - Takes some preparation and a lot of energy but he instantly drains all purer forms of energy from an area creating what he thinks deep space would feel like.Creates an area of complete dark and a penetrating coldness that envelopes everything up to his max range. Uses this to scare the ever-loving-daylight out of people who don't know the limit of his powers.

Odin eye - Absorbs all negative ionic energy in an area create an equalizing spark. Actual shock would only be slightly painful as it is spread out through the area instead of flowing all through a person. Takes a lot of concentration as it is VERY specific but not a lot of energy. Hurts more if someone has a lot of metal on them.
    Last edited by marcielle; 2011-06-24 at 07:15 AM.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by marcielle View Post
    Gravity basically is due to electromagnetic waves radiated by atoms attracting other atoms( the same effects actually keep ions attached to their atomic nuclei!) This effect is usually negligible for any single non-solid mass < a city.
    This is wrong. Gravity is an entirely different force from the Electromagnetic Force. While it may work on the same principles (exchange of particles), unlike the other forces, we haven't found gravitons yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #498

MonkGuy

Touche, horngeek. I'm not exactly a proffesor of physics so the explanation might have left a little to be desired. I looked it up and the theory I was taught is indeed still only a theory. This was just something I thouhgt would be likely given the explanation of gravity that I had been given. If you say no I don't mind wiping gravity off the power uses list.

Is slowing down a chain reaction to the point it can't sustain itself still OK? The whole 'I once shut down a nuclear reactor by mistake' is a pretty darn funny intro.
    p.s. have an internet on me for catching this
    Last edited by marcielle; 2011-06-24 at 07:14 AM.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Embrace of Mother Night - Touches a person and drains all electricity from their body temporarily removing ALL senses, higher brain activity and even heartbeat. Very unpleasant experience or so he is told. He only used it once when someone was abusing his daughter to the point she was bleeding. He never EVER tried anything like that again cos it nearly killed the guy. Repeated use would theoretically be brain damaging to target.
    Not a professor either but I do know a few things about biology that may complicate this power.

First of all, the body may not be able to restart if all electricity is drained. Just like a car with a flat battery is unable to start it's ignition, the human body needs energy to continue the digestion that creates more energy. This of course depends on whether the chemical energy not yet in the system is affected or not.

Secondly, brain damage would most likely not result from this. But something worse will almost definitely. A completely memory wipe.
    The brain does not have any physical copies of our memories so removing the electricity that makes up the data will quite literally wipe our hard-disks.

On a less serious-bizniz note. I wonder what would happen if Marcy and Katsu met. Katsu's powers pretty much amount to lowering the amount of energy necessary to move faster, so could he potentially counter the energy drain? Would be pretty funny if he could. :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Touche, horngeek. I'm not exactly a proffesor of physics so the explanation might have left a little to be desired. I looked it up and the theory I was taught is indeed still only a theory. This was just something I thouhgt would be likely given the explanation of gravity that I had been given. If you say no I don't mind wiping gravity off the power uses list.

Is slowing down a chain reaction to the point it can't sustain itself still OK? The whole 'I once shut down a nuclear reactor by mistake' is a pretty darn funny intro.
    p.s. have an internet on me for catching this
    That said, Esper abilities work on that whole 'Inner Reality' shtick, so I'd let it pass.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Dwarf in the Playground

As for the difference between Jirou and Marc's powers.

In an earlier battle it has been established that Jirou can destroy Cale's "walls" of air. Now Cale's walls are just compressed air, mostly the nitrogen out of the air around it. (controlling multiple gases gets harder for Cale, and the higher the concentration of a gas the easier it is to control). Jirou's power directly counteracts the power Cale uses to hold it together, making their powers the anti-thesis of each other, with Cale better at large amounts of "creating", but Jirou having a more versatile amount of things to "destroy". Marcie, however, would probably only be able to suck the energy out of Cale's hold (which, considering the large scale of Cale's powers(he sucks the air out of a large area, which is why it doesn't work well indoors) would be very hard to target all of.) or destroy the triple bond in N2, which wouldn't have a very pretty effect (chemical reactions abound) and would be incredibly hard.

And I'm getting ready for the last 2 tests of the year, of which I probably only need to pass one.(damn you statistics)

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Good grief, actual activity. After all this time I honestly thought that nobody was interested in playing any more. That's the main reason why I stopped posting: There's little point in trying to keep an RP alive when nobody else in it is having any fun.
    I originally thought this too, but then I remembered everyone had finals, so I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. I was going to post early July to see who was all around still.

We're still missing a couple players, but we can go and ask them any time.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydeble View Post
    As for the difference between Jirou and Marc's powers.

In an earlier battle it has been established that Jirou can destroy Cale's "walls" of air. Now Cale's walls are just compressed air, mostly the nitrogen out of the air around it. (controlling multiple gases gets harder for Cale, and the higher the concentration of a gas the easier it is to control). Jirou's power directly counteracts the power Cale uses to hold it together, making their powers the anti-thesis of each other, with Cale better at large amounts of "creating", but Jirou having a more versatile amount of things to "destroy".
    Technically that description only works for the original draft of Jirou's power. After a discussion about the physics involved (not unlike the one happening at the moment), its effect was changed from disintegration to conversion; Now it quite literally turns things to dust. That's why even air produces dust when targeted by Dissolution, instead of just breaking apart. The new version doesn't have quite the same thematic ring to it as the original, but it's much easier to arbitrate when it comes to unexpected situations.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Dwarf in the Playground

Technically that description only works for the original draft of Jirou's power. After a discussion about the physics involved (not unlike the one happening at the moment), its effect was changed from disintegration to conversion; Now it quite literally turns things to dust. That's why even air produces dust when targeted by Dissolution, instead of just breaking apart. The new version doesn't have quite the same thematic ring to it as the original, but it's much easier to arbitrate when it comes to unexpected situations.
    ahh okay I did not know that (wasn't on the wiki, and haven't read all of threat 1)
    anyway, that still works, since the dust is not a gass, and thus not possible for cale to control.

25. - Top - End - #505

MonkGuy

Thanks for the input guys, if there aren't any serious problems, I might start posting tonight.

@keveak - Brainwashinggggg. Brain whitewashing even.
    Electrical and chemical draining are separate. The second is tiring to the point he will end in nearly as bad a shape as target. Not all is drained, just enough to achieve desired affect. Though it must be remembered that Marc doesn't have perfect control.
    Katsu's ability would totally override Marc's. On top of that, Marc can hardly drain enough kinetic energy to stop a charging 5 year old.
    Speaking of funny, Marc's favorite prank involves freezing a person's pants.

@Rhydebble - Unless Marc learns how to directly drain AIM fields(something he has not had many chances to even attempt), he can't break Cale's hold. His powers have no effect on non-solids since there are no bonds he can break. He can't split atoms by draining. It just takes too much energy at this point and no reaction would occur because instead of flying off, the particles released would still sit side by side till an actual force is applied to them.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is my character alright? I've been reading my way through current events in story, and I was wondering if it was alright for me to post

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    Is my character alright? I've been reading my way through current events in story, and I was wondering if it was alright for me to post
    Ya, go ahead.

28. - Top - End - #508

MonkGuy

I've finalized my character and posted him but something seems to have gone wrong.

http://railgunitp.wikidot.com/charac...ielle-miavette

Tabs are turning up all wyrd. Does anyone know what I did wrong and how to fix it?
    Last edited by marcielle; 2011-06-27 at 10:42 AM.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, I'd hoped to get a few more posts from the people involved in the fight before posting for the sniper again. Since that apparently hasn't worked, I'm just going to keep pace with the ones who actually are posting, even if that leaves others behind.

30. - Top - End - #510

MonkGuy

Marc is more or less sure snippy isn't really out to kill anyone so he's jumpin right in. If you are the one in control of the sniper I fell it's only fair to warn you that there will be a lot of darkness commin up. Also, Marc's 'boss' is more or less parked right under you.