New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Well considering Souji' chaotic AIM field (disrupting electronic devices, hell yes), we've got ourselves on hell of a wild goose chase.

Any electronic disturbance would end up being checked out. Yes, any of them. Ranging from a train malfunction to a light bulb sparking out.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

I actually ended up writing out a scene for the start of that goose chase just now. I didn't exactly intend to, but since I did, do any of the people actually involved in that plot have any issues with this scene?

Over school PA systems, the emergency broadcast system on the televisions, and on most radio stations, a message is played.

"This is a message from Anti-Skill and Judgement: All residents of Academy City, please be advised that the criminal known as Astraphobia, or 2976, is currently at large in the city. We would like to ask you to please report any and all electrical disturbances, no matter how minor, or, of course, any sightings. Thank you."

On the telvisions, the notice that Astraphobia is currently in the city is accompanied by a picture, or perhaps a composite sketch, of him. Those over the PA systems and radios include a description.

The message repeats several times, being looped over the course of perhaps ten minutes.

----

Less than twenty minutes later, at a Judgement office, a flood of calls is pouring in. A massive computerized map of the city has been set up, and the reports are being tracked, with red being a potential sighting, and yellow an electrical disturbance...

"I'm so sorry to bother you, I'm sure it's nothing, but several lightbulbs in my bathroom just blew, and the broadcast said to report 'any and all electrical disturbances'..."

"That's perfectly alright, ma'am. Now, where in the city are you?"

"My blender just shorted out, and the broadcast said to call here to report it?"

"The magnets for the train out here are acting wonky. Could you please send someone out?"

"I know it's probably unrelated, but our microwave is turning itself on and off..."

"My water filter is spraying gunk everywhere. This is the place to report that, right?"

"You know that color-shifting paint, right? Runs off of little photocells, and as they run out of juice it changes colors? Well, ours is suposed to go from blue to purple, only it's hot pink and neon green right now..."

"The coffe machine in our office just threw up all over the carpet. I don't suppose you could send someone out?"

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I actually ended up writing out a scene for the start of that goose chase just now. I didn't exactly intend to, but since I did, do any of the people actually involved in that plot have any issues with this scene?
    No objections here.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm good with it. It would show just how hard something like this could be.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Dwarf in the Playground

So are we going to start the field trip thing up soon, whats goin on with that?
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-08 at 01:20 PM.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    *snip*
    After all having a water source around would be dangerous if the found him, and heaven forbid if it was raining. For now though he kept his thoughts to himself. Surely his superiors had thought of this, telling them would be a joke and an insult.
    (Emphasis mine)

My first thought was "No, actually rain would be perfect - all Tobio needs is a telekinetic friend, and he can make Souji be in the center of a hailstorm!"?

More seriously, though, is there a reason they haven't though to have Tobio condense and freeze the atmospheric moisture, then get Mei to use Breath Hammer to keep blowing the hail back up as Tobio freezes it, or have Ren teleport it up, and bombard Souji with big chunks of ice whether or not it's raining?

(And of course if Alia joins Judgement, which I've been thinking about, she could pour water onto sand, have him freeze the resulting mud, and then do much the same thing by lifting the sand in it. Though that's just a random observation, as I doubt there's any possible way she could get into Judgement in time to affect this one way or the other.)

I get the bit about shooting down bullets, but he can only take down one or two objects at once, if I remember correctly, so four or five good size chunks of hail at a time should keep him busy, true?

7. - Top - End - #877
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

That is true. However there is also the fact that Electricity is a form of plasma (at least I think it is?) and plasma is hot. I'm pretty sure he could create and electric field to melt the ice chunks. Plus there is the fact that does strike quickly. Blowning the ice chunks at him would take to much time as he could strike them with electricity that is conducted by water. The teleporting trick might work though. (Plus I'm not sure how fast water freezes at -35 degrees Celcius.)
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-11-08 at 02:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

*Fails to know the answer to the question about creating an electric field tomelt the ice, and scurries off to to get a battery, some wire, and an ice cube.*

As for how fast it freezes, I'd imagine it's pretty fast, but I don't have the exact rate either.

Completely off subject, but on topic, two questions, the first general, and the second for AnimeKid: Would it be reasonable for Alia to be able to compact sand down and move it fast enough to use as a blunt weapon?

And would you have any problem with her joining Judgement, given how often it looks like that would end up reducing Tobio to a sputtering wreck?

9. - Top - End - #879
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I wouldn't have any problem with the second one. I enjoy watching my character act like a normal person though a really nervous one. For the first one it depends on what her level is. Because in my mind I am getting a picture of Gaara sending a wave of sand at an opponent or using his sand shurikens.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Would it be reasonable for Alia to be able to compact sand down and move it fast enough to use as a blunt weapon?
    That's hard to say without an 'official' draft for her power. In general, though, that sounds like it would take quite a bit of strength and effort.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Pixie in the Playground

Also, C'nor, that assumes that Souji is just going to stand there and do nothing whilst they use their complicated triple-tech. Which he won't.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

Triple-tech? Both of those plans only require Tobio and the other... Also, its not assuming he does nothing, it's assuming he gets dstracted by avoiding being brained by a block of ice.

13. - Top - End - #883

Souji wouldn't bother avoiding, considering that he can shoot bullets out of the air. He'd just shoot off his railgun and watch the ice break. Hell, he could just throw bolts of electricity at the ice block and melt it.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

I still fail to see the underlying flaw in the plan, since all of those thiings lead to him being distracted from other things, which is sort of the point...

15. - Top - End - #885

You're in water fighting a dude with electricity. The instant he knocks out or distracts the person condensing the water, Souji suddenly is in possession of a lethal weapon.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

That could be a bit of a problem, I admit. So I suppose that rain is too risky, though condensing the ambient humidity shouldn't be a problem.

17. - Top - End - #887

Cao, were you trying to create the opposite of Souji? Most of his intentions are fairly noble, (at least in theory, not in practice), and this guy's just... damn.

I love your antagonist.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Pixie in the Playground

Lol. Thanks, I try. If all goes well, you'll learn a little more about Ashikaga Daisuke and why he's such a pretentious asshat. Also, nope, I haven't-Daisuke, like Mei, has been in my head for a little while.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-11-09 at 05:44 AM.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ettin in the Playground

Cole, would you mind altering the reason for Carver's infiltration? Because frankly, Judgement simply wouldn't send him on this sort of mission. Judgement is a volunteer police force made up of students, who are mainly responsible for helping out the public and handling crimes which are too minor for Anti-Skill. They're not an intelligence agency who send their operatives out to infiltrate dangerous Anti-Skill groups. And even if they were, they definitely wouldn't do so with a member who just signed up a few hours ago.

So all in all, it would be much more believable if this was just a personal affair of Carver's, rather than a mission. Judgement simply isn't that sort of organisation.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Dwarf in the Playground

alright then, lets make it to try and get back at Johanathon's attacker? Considering they've met and are "friends" nad all.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

21. - Top - End - #891

Funfact: Nobody knows what Souji's level is, other than Souji himself. He's never been examined, remember?

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Funfact: Nobody knows what Souji's level is, other than Souji himself. He's never been examined, remember?
    Maybe they don't, but we probably should...

23. - Top - End - #893

They'd have a rough idea of his abilities from his brain scans, and I doubt he underwent esper development without some kind of record being added to a secure server.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

24. - Top - End - #894

Considering he's part of a Secret Project on the dark side of Academy City, no they wouldn't have a hard-copy of his brain scans. Especially since after he escaped he systematically destroyed every building involved in that project...

Anyr: Yes, he's a level four. I just thought I'd mention that, because for others it might be damn confusing to see him called a Level 5 in one post then Level 4 in the next.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-11-10 at 07:17 PM.

25. - Top - End - #895

The higher ups would keep backup copies of everything. And "dark side" in no way implies "Hidden from the board of directors".

If anything, the records would be better protected to prevent leaks
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2011-11-10 at 07:39 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Pixie in the Playground

There was incidents involving him and Judgement in the past, right? Well, it wouldn't be too hard for them to draw approximations on Soujis' level from his actions, which would almost certainly be on the record seeing as, y'know, Judgement is expected to know him by codename. Still, level 4 covers a pretty wide field.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Well, I would do security, but no one told me anything to do about it. So I'm assuming someone esle is in charge of security.
    I think it's just a normal Judgement building with standard Academy City security and the potential for Espers of varying powers to be there.

So unless there's something special about this place, I think you will do fine if you specify them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    If there's a feild trip, Frank might show up as a supervisor of some kind. He'd probably treat the whole thing like a vacation though.
    Yay for lazy supervisors!

They are always a good excuse to let kids get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Hold on: When is this trip taking place? I'd assumed it was going to be IC today, so as to give otherwise uninvolved Tokiwadai and Azabu students something to do.
    No specified time yet, I think. So it could be the current day IC if that is teh best time.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    No specified time yet, I think. So it could be the current day IC if that is teh best time.
    Well, it might as well be tomorrow now. Since nobody seemed ready to start the trip, I went ahead and gave Tokiwadai something else to occupy their attention in the meantime.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey guys do you mind if I add something to Tobio's profile? It's not anything too major It's just that I wanted him to be proficient with Chakrams. I suddenly out of no where got a urge to have a character that uses them. As for the design I wanted them to look like Axel's from Kingdom Hearts 2 but replace the blue with red. As for the spikes well he would only wield one at a time. One's blades would be dulled for safe takedowns and captures. The other would be used when lethal force is authorized and the blades would not be dulled.

30. - Top - End - #900

It's kind of... odd. Tobio's ability (freezing moisture and such, according to this thread,) really doesn't require a weapon. The only reason Souji has a sword is to channel electricity through it, something that isn't even necessary for Mikoto as a Level 5, due to her Iron Sand. Most of Judgement picks weapons that complement there abilities, again referring to Souji and his electricity channeling. Tobio's ability doesn't really require a weapon, and his nature (shy and nervous) doesn't fit the up close and personal nature of a weapon such as chakrams. However, these are just my thoughts about it. Perhaps something more long ranged and easier to use with his ability?