New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

I'd be willing to join though may I ask if Mages are allowed or does every character have to be an Esper?

2. - Top - End - #932
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well the magic in the index series is too closely related to religion so it can't be on the forum, but technically you dont have to be an esper either it's just that many people perfer to be one.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    13_CBS; And yes, it would certainly be great if all those familiar faces chose to return. The main thing to remember, though, is that a lot of them have been RPing here since the very first 'AnimeITP'. By the time RailgunITP came along, it's understandable that some would be feeling a little burned out.
    How about me there Anyr? There a place for me?
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    ...Maaaybeeee...

5. - Top - End - #935
    Bugbear in the Playground

You're looking at Souji the wrong way Kid. Right now he can't be caught. Legitimately. He has fake contact lenses that make his eyes blue, an ID that identifies him as Nakamura Rei, and a disguise.

You could catch onto Rei's yelling, but not find out Souji is there.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    *snip* He has fake contact lenses that make his eyes blue *snip*
    I thought his contact lenses were perfectly genuine?

7. - Top - End - #937

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I thought his contact lenses were perfectly genuine?
    Of course! Perfectly legitimate contacts, but they're lying.

About his eye color.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Deleted. ten character
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2011-11-20 at 09:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #939

Wrong thread. This is Rail, not Fairy Tail.

Wrong character design. We don't do the Magic Side of Index, only the Science Side.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-11-20 at 09:13 PM.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

I posted it in the right thread... There are Sorcerers in this series after all. Not all Magician's have to use current religious we can't mention. One of them uses the old Norse religious after all.

11. - Top - End - #941

I edited my post. We don't do the Magic Side, due to the heavily tied in nature of Religion, which breaks board rules.

Anyr can word it better than I can, tbh. I suggested we design a fake religion, and that was shot down, so doing Norse Religions shouldn't be allowed either.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-11-20 at 09:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

Well..this isn't norse either. It's Wu Xing but if the board won't even let me use just the one aspect and ignore the Taoist element of it I'll happily make an Esper.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ettin in the Playground

Unfortunately Magicians are indeed strictly off-limits in this RP. Sorry, but this is a decision that's not likely to change.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a shame, I did try to dance around it. I'll come up with something else then.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Hi, Innis! Of course there's a place for you!

You will have to wear the bunny hat, though. We don't do kidney harvesting as a welcoming ceremony without Callos.

On another note, I have been busy and forgot to follow what happened in the IC thread, sorry. m(_ _)m

Could anyone tell me if there is anything I should respond to?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Hi, Innis! Of course there's a place for you!

You will have to wear the bunny hat, though. We don't do kidney harvesting as a welcoming ceremony without Callos.
    That's every other Sunday for me. Would I still be able to use

Name: Hazuma Takeshi
    Aliases: The Continuum Shift, Black Cat
    Level: 2 (Though on Review, his level has been debated to raise to level 3)
    Group: Judgment

Description

Takeshi is a standard youth, though slightly thin and seems almost nervous or expectant at all times. Takeshi is a rather typical looking boy of average height, with long black hair pulled back into a pony tail, though his bangs fall into his face constantly. He tends to be outspoken and loud and is widely known as a prankster in both Judgement and his Highschool both. Takeshi doesn’t talk about his home life much, though his teachers and Captain in Judgment know that his mother died early on in his life.

Though Takeshi is a member of Judgement, he is quite well known to be a bit of a slacker, working only when it's absolutly required of him, though when on a mission he's equally well known for going to extreme lengths to complete each job throughly, persuing secondary jobs linked up with the original mission. Due to his power, Takeshi's involvement in any given mission has a high chance of causing considerable colateral damage, even if he didn't intend to.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Continuum Shift

Takeshi’s AIM field exists as a singularity, intersecting all possible realities instantly and constantly. This power can either manifest as a conscious power or act on its own subconsciously depending on the time the power is used. Most often Continuum Shift is on its subconscious level, affecting the world around him in strange, sometimes good sometimes bad ways. To the casual observer, Takeshi’s power seems to be one of luck and chance, though this is far from the truth. In reality, Takeshi’s power is based around causality, pulling events and objects from other worlds he intersects into his own world. At this time, the power in its subconscious state can only cause minor occurrences; shifting him to sometimes disastrous end results (like winding up in the girls change room). Causing events drains Takeshi of his energy depending on how big an event he is attempting to cause is. Minor things such as locks changing to unlocked states, or punches missing take a moderate level of thought and energy, while stopping cars from hitting him, or other such large scale disasters drain him swiftly.

As a Gemstone, Takeshi’s AIM Field is stronger than artificially created Espers. This also means he is easier to detect by his AIM field.

Physical Traits

Tough: Due to the world seemingly acting out against him most times, Takeshi has become a rather tough kid, capable of taking more than a few punches.

Karate: Takeshi is a practitioner of the Ishin Ryu school of Karate, receiving his brown belt before

Mental Traits

High Alert: Takeshi notices changes in his surroundings almost even before they happen. This is also a drawback, as Takeshi seems almost paranoid or dodgy.

Speed Formulation: Because of his subconscious power, Takeshi has become adept at thinking on his feet at all times, and in combination to his high alertness, never seems out of his element or taken by surprise even by sudden changes in his surroundings.

Notable Equipment: While Takeshi is not known to carry too much on his person at a time (either because they disappear by latent shifts in realities or because he forgoes traveling heavy is uncertain)

Cigarettes: Takeshi is never without a pack of cigarettes. He is even known to use his power to refill his pack when it becomes empty.

Cell Phone: Takeshi is always in possession of a phone, though the number changes randomly as does the phone, so it is more important as a mode to contact other people, not for return calls. Those who attempt to do this every now and again will reach other phone owners from around Japan.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

17. - Top - End - #947

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    That's a shame, I did try to dance around it. I'll come up with something else then.
    Dont feel that an esper character is your only choice. Anti-skill could always use new members and cyborgs are canon.

Is the field trip story still happening? I've been keeping Frank in reserve for it.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

18. - Top - End - #948

He seems fine. Level 3 is probably more properer though.

But, just for the record, you do know Gemstones are permanently trapped at their level correct? Because they were born with their powers, they can't raise them.

Just a thought.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Seems fine to me, although I am no expert on casualty.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    Is the field trip story still happening? I've been keeping Frank in reserve for it.
    I think so, but I am not entirely sure what conclusion we reached other than it happening on IC Tuesday. I do believe I was responsible for it, though, so feel free to throw rotten cabbages at me for not being more organised. :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ettin in the Playground

But, just for the record, you do know Gemstones are permanently trapped at their level correct? Because they were born with their powers, they can't raise them.
    Could you provide a reference to back that up? This is the first I've heard of such a restriction. Also, while we usually refer to Gemstones as being 'born' with their powers, that's not technically true. Instead, a Gemstone is anyone who gained their abilities through natural stimuli; There's nothing to say that that stimuli has to be given at birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    There's probably no need to hold him back from the action. If the field trip does happen, it'll be on another IC day.

I don't see why not.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-11-21 at 09:24 AM.

21. - Top - End - #951

Could you provide a reference to back that up? This is the first I've heard of such a restriction. Also, while we usually refer to Gemstones as being 'born' with their powers, that's not technically true. Instead, a Gemstone is anyone who gained their abilities through natural stimuli; There's nothing to say that that stimuli has to be given at birth.
    I think it was a fan theory or something, based off of how Gunha had no clue about how his ability worked, and was therefore theorized that he hadn't raised it through normal means, and was instead "born" at Level 5.

Although I could be talking crazy, and raising your level as a Gemstone is totally plausible.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it was a fan theory or something, based off of how Gunha had no clue about how his ability worked, and was therefore theorized that he hadn't raised it through normal means, and was instead "born" at Level 5.

Although I could be talking crazy, and raising your level as a Gemstone is totally plausible.
    That doesn't seem like a very convincing argument. Even if Gunha did start straight at Level 5, that has no bearing on whether his powers can improve or not. Unless there's some more substantial evidence to support this hypothesis, declaring it as hard truth in this RP seems premature.

23. - Top - End - #953

Yeah I know, sorry about that. No more evidence, so I guess it's up to the community to decide.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Hiya, all!

I have been quite busy trying to escape real life for this past week, so if the infiltration plot or the class trip need my attention, please feel free to poke me and rant about my laziness.

Really sorry if I disappeared just as I was needed. m(_ _)m
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

Hiya, all!

I have been quite busy trying to escape real life for this past week, so if the infiltration plot or the class trip need my attention, please feel free to poke me and rant about my laziness.

Really sorry if I disappeared just as I was needed. m(_ _)m
    We need to discuss the infiltration in detail and which one of us we're waiting on.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    We need to discuss the infiltration in detail and which one of us we're waiting on.
    Or, since it's been around two months since there was even slight movement on that plot, maybe it's time to lay it to rest and move on.

27. - Top - End - #957

Considering that the reason I'm doing all this random exposition is to kick the larger plot into high gear, I'd be okay with this. I've even got a basic plotline!

Step 1: get Souji caught.
    Step 2: Send him off to the science labs
    Step 3: Someone finds out that, shockingly, the science labs are not a good place to be.
    Step 4: Rescue Mishun!
    Step 5: YOU'RE TOOOO LATE (Resurrection Remix)

I think it is a good plot that I clearly put a lot of thought into.
    It is only half as bad as the average B-Movie.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Or, since it's been around two months since there was even slight movement on that plot, maybe it's time to lay it to rest and move on.
    Or we could take a third option and decide what the results where and how the group will go about it.

I do need to actually pay attention to the IC thread when I am around, though. I have no idea what has been going on... >_>
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ettin in the Playground

Or we could take a third option and decide what the results where and how the group will go about it.
    That's actually what I meant. Apologies for not being clearer.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

What was the last event you remember clearly? That makes it a lot easier to provide a recap.