New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: "The Six from Shadow" (IC)

"Tell me Pelak, do you honestly think we can get Eos alone long enough for us to capture him? That seems like a longshot at best. If we could achieve that, I believe Donovan would be doing good enough that nobody would be able to figure that Eos is not really Eos. But I also figure that a figure like him would be much too protected for just any random paserby to snatch him. Granted, we're not just random paserby, but still.

And second, while there is no time limit to our plan, I imagine realizing your idea would take just too long. Corrupting a knigtly order from the inside sounds... delicious. But I really believe we lack the time for something like that. And there's also Valentine to consider. And Lukas. If there are a few priests like Lukas, we will be hard pressed to pull it off."
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"What restricts our time? We have nowhere to go and no-one to see outside this city. Besides kidnapping Knights is easy. I did it many a time when Cho'Sul was alive. Simply grab him, fly him to an ally who either teleports or casts Dominate and the deed was done... How about Dominate? We can order him to act normally except to come here when the spell is almost over and we just Dominate him again. We can show the Songbirds that instead."
    Last edited by DragonOfUndeath; 2011-02-25 at 05:27 PM.
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ettin in the Playground

"Like I said, if there are more men like Lukas going around in church of Sirramar, they would soon learn there are dominated minions among them. Magic is powerful, I am not the one to argue about that. Yet, experience counts for a lot. From what I've seen, they will soon found out any spy we send. I consider myself good, but Lukas almost saw through me. No, anybody less experienced than me or Donovan will burn... badly.

As much as I hate to say it, perhaps brute force would work better this time."
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Isn't Brute Force always Plan B? I can watch over the Dominated Eos and help him kill anyone who realizes the truth. We then command him to pronounce an attempt on his life and a conspiracy involving high-ranking members of society who are unknown at this time. Then have him proclaim me his new bodyguard and continue as planned. We can even use the "conspiracy" as a means of discrediting the King.
    Any other ways this could go wrong?"
    call me Dragon

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

"Tons. But thinking about worst possible scenario only makes it come true.

We have a dominated acolyte in a room upstairs. I took... well, honestly, I just felt playful. But in any case, we may use her as a starter of this plan of yours. Provided that Donovan is willing to part with his toy, that is. I get the feeling he got quite attached to her. So what say you Donovan?"
    With that, Synia look at Donovan, a small smile adorning her lips once again, before turning to Pelak. "You think a mere acolyte could make a difference?"

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Oh yes. Any tips in the balance of power towards us is very good, I can probably even use tips AWAY from us to our advantage.
    We can use the Acolyte to get Eos somewhere we can get to him and use her to rumor-monger as well as learn more about the religion and how to twist it to Evil. Having a low-level accomplice lets us test the waters and spread anonymous rumors. Since there is no connection between the two if one is found out it won't implicate the other. It seems we are going to be Dominating a lot of people by the end of this. Maybe Cho'Sul had something to aid with that. If not our resident Mad Wizard could probably whip something up."

Spoiler
    Show
    Any chance of a Ring of Domination somewhere? If not can someone make one?
    call me Dragon

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

"The acolyte in question is very... comely. And that's an understatement. You saw what she looks like clothed. You have yet to see what she looks like without her clothes. Suffice to say, she could drive the most virtuous man insane with lust. And if the mere rumors don't work... we could... shall we say, fabricate the evidence?

If Eos was to... force himself onto her, that would quite likely be enough to tarnish his reputation, don't you agree?"

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I doubt it would be Eos we tarnish. One of the other high-ranked no doubt but not Eos. We are going to control him remember."
    call me Dragon

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ettin in the Playground

"But we have another option. Break his public image. It would take about as long, but in the end it would be muuuuch more satisyfying."

10. - Top - End - #700
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh really? And what about when one of the priests uses a spell of true seeing or a magic detection? Eos is an important man, he would likely be subject to many security protocols. It's very risky to do this without proper planning. Besides, I have a better idea.
    Eos will likely be involved on any attack on the Nightsong Guild, as would the riled-up citizens. Pretend to help the forces of Sirramar attack the Nightsong Guild, than kill Eos in the confusion of battle. We might even be able to take some of the Nightsong Guild's treasure, especially if we had some way of smuggling it.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"If one of the priests figures it out they would likely attack. Then we kill him and say he was an assassin from the conspiracy. Say I am his new bodyguard and go from there. Twisting things your way is quite easy when you know what you are doing."
    call me Dragon

12. - Top - End - #702

Oh yes, I'm sure the priest would blindly attack rather than get the others to his side in secret. Especially since all that he needs to do is convince them to also use True Seeing or Detect magic and they are instatly convinced. And I'm sure they'd believe that their deity would continue to grant spells to a traitor.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"And basically set up a conspiracy themselves? That would make it easier and it is easy to fabricate evidence of them following an Unholy God."
    call me Dragon

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Looking more and more annoyed by the minute, Cynath cuts in. "I hate to interrupt what is likely a good beginning of intricate plot to smear the name of our enemies, but we do not have time for that. Even as we speak they are preparing a crusade against us and the Guild. Do you think you can convince fanatics that your word can be believed over that of their idols? I do not believe so. All this scheming is unnecessary: we must simply kill Eos. No shapeshfting impostors, no smear campaigns, no framing for worship of dark gods, no nothing. When he is dead we have Guild on our side, and when we have them on our side we can kill Valentine and any other foolish priest that can try to challenge us. After that you can indulge in plotting and psychological warfare as much as you wish to... But making thing overtly complicated is unnecessary".

Practically growling with frustration and pent-up anger, he glares at each of the others in turn. "Now, does anyone have anything useful to share with the rest of our little entourage? If not, I believe I will go and practice before I do something I might regret".

15. - Top - End - #705
    Dwarf in the Playground

Donovan sits there as the others exchange and shoot down ideas, to their suggestions he is utterly impassive; his face betrays nothing of his own thoughts or opinions. He allows himself a brief smile at the mention of his guest but otherwise appears as nothing more than an impassive old man paying very little attention to a group of people discussing the darkest of deeds. Finnaly at Cynath's outburst he decides to speak up. "Useful is the skills we have at our disposal. My objective, and that it seems of yourself is to kill Eos. Pelak for some reason has decided we should take it upon ourselves to discredit and bring down the church. Why? We have little to gain, they have no power beyond this city; not really. What stops us from looking elsewhere."

"At the end of the day I can be whoever you want, I can even register as "good" to their petty magics. To the weaker of them I can fool their attempts to reveal my identity, but this wont hold up to higher magic. It would be a fools game to think it could, the idea of a bodyguard who lacks my own ability to fool their magics is laughable. He can't be replaced and he can't be dominated. When he dies he becomes a marter and we spark them on their own little crusade."

He looks at each person in the room in turn. "And then," he states pointedly, "We leave"

16. - Top - End - #706

Ah, but Donovan, weren't you terribly angry at the cChurch for their treatment of Artan? AAnyway, why do we need the Nightsong Guild on our side? What of my suggestion? Let the knights attack the Nightsong Guild, and take what we want- and the life of Eos, if that is necessary- in the confusion.
    And finally, there is one way we could control Eos: Summon a demon to posses him. The demon could access Eos's memories, and Eos's body would act as a barrier to detection.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ettin in the Playground

Synia listens to Cynath's outburst without a trace of emotion on her face. When the elf finishes, she turns towards Donovan and whispers to him. "He is quite cute when angry, don't you agree?"

18. - Top - End - #708
    Dwarf in the Playground

A ghost of a smile traces Donovan's face, his eyes sparking with mirth at Synia's interjection. Maybe just a little, if he stopped frowning so much, he thought to himself. But why all the obsession with controlling Eos... why not just kill the man, so much simpler and compulsion was entirely unnecessary.

"Firstly wizard, you don't grasp my motive at all it seems, much less my emotional state. Second if you continue with your strange obsession with controling that Knight then I'll be taking my leave with Cynath to go do something productive. All we have to do is kill him, really."

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

Mordent: The crone, not satisfied with your response, seems to falter slightly. Apparently giving you the benefit of the doubt for now, she turns slowly and walks out of the alley, her hands firmly clasping those of the two children.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-02-27 at 02:11 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Bugbear in the Playground

His interest now peaked, Mordrent begins his hunt.

"This Hunter seems like the resolved type. I'd love to meet him."

Asking questions in the right places, the downtrodden and poor Mordrent makes his way through the city.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information: (1d20+2)[13]
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Mordrent: Most of the people on the streets seem to react negatively whenever you mention his name. Fear, anger, and sadness seems to follow this particular individual. Apparently, he is a mysterious serial killer, and his victims are usually found very badly broken, their hearts ripped out from their chests. Most of his victims are also Knights-Militant and Priests of Sirramar. One man, a longbow slung over his shoulder, smirks maliciously at the mention of the Hunter and tells you that he was captured by the Knights last night, and is currently incarcerated in the Crucible. "At least, that's what I hear." The man shrugs and walks off, disappearing into the crowd.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-02-27 at 03:45 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Now there are some words of wisdom at last" Cynath says, looking at Donovan. "The two of us could very likely sneak our way inside all by our own, but perhaps we should use the strenght of everyone involved to achieve our goal? At least that way it would be less likely that we would be caught before making our escape... And we could be sure that no one would need to be freed from the jail cell of the knights by the end of the night".
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2011-02-27 at 03:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, one jail cell or two if its on our way perhaps? My pet thief is still under custody and whilst we're there why not spread a little anarchy. If the others are so determined to spread their brand of chaos and dystopia; what better way than to open the cells. Gives those of us less accustomed to life in the shadows a way to spend the evening."

He cuts his hand over his throat in an easily identifiable sign "Whilst those of us who are end Eos' little song and dance."

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

"What about your other toy, Donovan? What are your plans with her? I will remind you, she will get missed soon. Her mentor seems... capable, to say in the least."

25. - Top - End - #715
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mordrent watches the guard walk away with narrowed eyes. He can think of no reason that the man would lie. He was left with a conundrum. Seeking this Hunter persona could very well provide a glimpse into the mind of a man with a great deal of resolve. And supernatural skill as well. However, seeking out such a man was also beginning to sound very dangerous. And to knowingly put himself at risk without knowing more was the act of a fool, not the strong.

His mind filled with more questions than answers Mordrent resolves to go see the only one's who would know anything else about breaking into-or out of for that matter-a prison.

As he walks up the steps and pushes the door to the mansion open. Mordrent cannot resist a small grin.

"Honey! I'm home!"
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ettin in the Playground

This time it's Synia, coming up to answer the doors. When she sees Mordent she smiles widely. "Well, don't you look charming. Where have you been?"

27. - Top - End - #717

Obsession? It's Pelak who suggested it. I'm just offering a means if we choose to go that route.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Titan in the Playground

As the six of you roam the halls of the mansion, the very light shining through the windows seems to gradually fade. The day is passing slowly, and you have little to show for your time spent.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Nodding, Cynath makes few practice swings with his dagger. "Your idea sounds appealing to me, Donovan. Shall we go and give knights some trouble soon then? I myself could go right away, even despite my magic is starting to be spent for the time being".

30. - Top - End - #720
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I have no problems going at any moment you wish my good man" By this point the smiling face of father Markus has shifted back to Donovan's own which is currently rather impassive. "Though which idea are you signing up for; a jailbreak," he pauses for a moment then grins savagely "Or an execution?"