New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Statting up Children

Children get this special ability.

Whine(Ex:) the child makes a request in a whining voice, the one addressed is immediately affected as though under the spell Geass/Quest for an unlimited duration. This allows no save.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Children get this special ability.

Whine(Ex:) the child makes a request in a whining voice, the one addressed is immediately affected as though under the spell Geass/Quest for an unlimited duration. This allows no save.
    Sonic and Mind-Affecting, right? xD

How long are you (and your DM) planning on working with these children?
    Probably quite a while, since the campaign is supposed to last a couple of months IRL time, and we will be in this new world for that long.

I think that if you teach them to fight, they'll get killed soon after you roll your last die... but if you teach them to hide, dodge, and use other evasive tactics, they may survive even if you do get killed.
    True enough, they wont be going against the kind of thing we do, but probably against small threats they can't run from: predatory animals who get the jump on them, poachers, enslavers, etc. So far what we've seen of the world's population is full of a tribal / warrior culture; even to be more than a dirt farmer in whatever group of people they return to they are going to need to be able to stand their own, if only to fit in. But survival will be concern nš 1. Good idea on the survival and supply skills; fleshy food will likely be a growing concern for us as time goes by. I got 2d6 damage from trying to eat a metallic berry :(

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Sonic and Mind-Affecting, right? xD
    Yeah, but if you slap a Silence spell on them, they'll just attack with the Puppy Eyes gaze attack...

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Perhaps make them small sized, although without the benefits.
    ...Why? Small size means you're a bit harder to hit(+1 AC) and it's easier to hide(+4 Hide). I don't see how children somehow are easier to hit and less able to hide than other small things...

If you just give them a flat penalty to everything, then they're ok-ish at hiding(+2 or +3) and still fairly easy to hit (AC 9 before dex and armor). So they're essentially useless in combat and will probably just need to be trained to spam Total Defense the moment something looks at them oddly(if someone protecting them is nearby-otherwise they run and hope that their base land speed is already 30').
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.