New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Under The Red Sky (Mag IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    This is your own IC please save this one. If you join a group this will still be here for you to make actions on your own.

It's morning the first time you step through the gates into the city of New Orcus through the north gate. The famed lights of New Orcus fill the red sky causing a beautiful show that you have never seen the likes of before. The dry ground of cracked earth crumbles beneath your boots.

The gate opens up into market where all manner of merchants are shouting out there goods for sale. The patrons of the market come in all shapes, sizes, and races. A Merchant caravan clangs by you as wagons with out horses pulling them passes by.

You spend some time talking to different people and you find out the following about what's happening in the city.

Keepers in the city are collecting bounties on creatures from the wilds.
    The Ivory towers lord is about to marry an unknown lady.

A merchant was recently attacked on his travel to New Orcus and is looking for people to help reclaim lost goods.

The lord of the spiral tower’s daughter has not been seen in public in a long time.

The wardens are looking for help to get water to the farms surrounding new Orcus.

Recently a Orc (Orcs haven't been seen in 100 years) has been captured, and the Blackblades are looking for people to investigate.
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

Under the Red Sky Pathfinder e6

My homebrew:

Stormageddon's Pathfinder/E6... P6 Compendium

(PF) Mistborn, Allomancer

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Under The Red Sky (Mag IC)

Mag looked hungrily at the veal in the market stalls. She had been rationing the last of her food to save money until her next job but was growing extremely tired of it. She passed it up and kept moving. A job for any merchant rich enough to run supply caravans should pay well right? So she continued to trudge along in search of her few leads.

She considered going after the orcs, because she did love an adventure and hoped to be famous some day as a hero. But she had to lay low, and lay low for 3 years now due to her less than heroic record. Mag sighed, she wished she could just ignore her uncle, but she knew he wouldn't ignore her. No matter she wouldn't have the opportunity to be a hero. Still, she had hoped that heroes could fight on stomachs full of meat.

Mag trudges on to meet the merchant (whose name she can't quite recall?) and make some money.

3. - Top - End - #3

With a little more investigating you discover the name of the merchant, Aris Magela, and a rough description Male, human, brown eyes, blonde hair, and dresses in silk. You find out that he is drinking his cares away in the Giant Turtle bar.

You get to the bar and see your down on his luck merchant. As you approach. He looks up at you from his cup.

"Hi, you buying a man on his luck a drink?"
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

My homebrew:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, not quite what she expected... Okay, exactly the opposite of what she expected. Still, beggars can't be choosers and this would be easier than trying to spend another day trying to find leads. She still had five gold pieces left, she'd have to spend another on staying the night, but she could aford two beers to keep up appearances.

Her armor clanked as she walked up to him (her head was uncovered, so as not to intimidate people with her steel mask) and she spoke with a pleasant smile, "That depends. I hear you've got a problem, Magela. For a small fee, I can deal with your problem. We can talk it over a pint if you like." She motions the bartender then orders two pints of mead and hands Magela one.
    Last edited by Apropos; 2013-11-04 at 03:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

"Ah Thank you! You're kindness is very refreshing! I've been down ever since my cargo got ambushed just east of the city. You look like you can take care of yourself. How'd you like a payday! That cargo was going to make me rich. I'll cut you in for 30 percent if you retrieve it for me.... On the one condition that you do NOT look inside a red chest."

My homebrew:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Thirty percent! That sounded almost too good to be true. Mag said as politely as possible, "Thirty percent seems quite generous. Would you mind telling me who it was that ambushed you and why?" Mag had gained some experience fending for herself, but she was intently thinking about the money and the misery of the man in front of her. The questions were mostly a habit she picked up from other adventurers than anything she was really concerned about.

She was just happy she had an excuse to sit somewhere warm and have a drink to calm down with.
    Last edited by Apropos; 2013-11-06 at 02:59 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

He takes a deep drink of his drink.

"It was a bunch of those mysterious gnomes!! I heard of their kind eat people. It's just not right! I was lucky to escape while they were looting. As for why The Lord only knows what those creatures do or why they do it."

My homebrew:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Man-eating gnomes were a dangerous prospect. Still, she never was one to leave well enough alone so she said to him, "Where would you recommend I start my investigation?

She wracked her brain for any information regarding gnomes in her studies and turned up...

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Arcana) to remember anything regarding gnomes and arcane lore:
    (1d20+6)[19]

Also, take 10 on an int check for common knowledge on gnomes if arcana is inappropriate.

9. - Top - End - #9

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: Some scholars believe Gnomes to be tied to creatures of magic. They use magic that effects their surroundings in the natural habitat. Monsters of the wilds seem unwilling to attack gnomes reasons for this odd relationship are unknown. Gnomes often attack caravans in order to capture people.

"My cart is still out there in the wilds. That would be a good place to start. It was about 15 miles north of the city on the main road."

My homebrew:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Mag smiled reassuringly and said, "I'll find your cargo, I promise." She began to walk off, but turned around as she remembered something. "If you need to find me, I go by Mag.

Mag would then head down town to further investigate, she was headstrong and threw herself into dangerous situations regularly, but it didn't mean she couldn't be prepared. She'd investigate first to see if she could ind any other leads to the gnomes and then look to hire a tracker. Then she'd head straight to the ambushed cart.

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy check to gather information:
    (1d20+8)[27]
    And now I'm not sure what I should do to ind a tracker. Maybe look on the recruitment thread? Or else I can do another gather info check and pay him laborer wages? In the case that I need another diplomacy check to gather info:
    (1d20+8)[10]

11. - Top - End - #11

"Good luck to you my lady. Maybe the Lord bless your journey. I shall be waiting here for your return."

You spend sometime gathering some info about the Gnomes most is stuff you already know. A lot is bigoted comments, that you are not sure you quite believe. You find out that they are fond of eating people they capture.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can either hire a tracker 5 sp/day, or you could troll the recruitment thread see if any one applies as a tracker. New members right now are a CE anti-paladin, a Cleric of the Warden, and a summoner. So not too much help right now.

My homebrew:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I can do that. Hire a tracker beforehand then head out to the Cart.

After a disappointing search for new information on local gnome movements Mag shifted her focus on how else she could find the gnomes. She searched and asked around and was pointed in the direction of a local tracker named Colt. By the time she got there, however he was gone. His apprentice, William, however was and she offered to hire him for the job. It would be just for one day and she'd pay him 5 silver coins.

After a bit of convincing, the two went out to find the gnomes. Starting at the wrecked cart.

13. - Top - End - #13

You walk for a bout an hour when you here someone in armor walking up behind you.

Follow to this thread The Red Chest

My homebrew: