New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: A Dream of Quiet (IC)

"Hm... one body's-worth. Drunk from their veins." Masque grins, showing a pair of fangs. "But you have helped me, so I will not kill them, however much they would be better off dead. Or...if you have a place of power to hand, I would even drink in its poison energy instead."
    She lifts a hand, a good enough offer for them not to finish off another enemy of Creation?
    "If you have ways to escape a chain that is part of your own soul, I would be...interested to hear it." It sounds terribly impossible, but she feels oddly inclined to humour the Lunar.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

"What effect would this have on the place of power? Or, could you take from multiple people? "
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

3. - Top - End - #693

"None. We, from the underworld, that is, can't just breathe the energy of Creation like you Chosen can. Only when it's concentrated into a demesne or living blood. Yes, I would, to not kill them. Have you either to offer?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

Pinching his nose in thought, Wing takes one deep breathe, then straightens.
    "Well, I know a place, then. I can take you there as well, though it will take some time: about a days travel. Do you want to start now, or do you wish to wait?"
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid changes fluidly to English, and murmurs, "<Is this a good idea, Wing? We can't be completely sure that this Deathknight is telling the truth. I would help, but I cannot afford it just now...>" He gestures to the third eye upon his brow, glaring balefully at the Abyssal no matter what direction Orchid faces.

"<Though I suppose even a demense would be more resilient to Abyssal infection than a mortal...>"
    Spoiler: Quotes Collection
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    I think we can pack it up and move to a different thread. aetherialDawn has won this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuna
    Sufficiently advanced paranoia is indistinguishable from complacency.

Avatar by me - sketch of Skywing.
    Exalted: Scriptures of the Castes PM me suggestions!

6. - Top - End - #696

"I will go on now." Taking up her scythe, she bows to Wing. Lead the way.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

Switching to English, Wing turns to Orchid.
    "It's an ally, something we have few enough of as it is. And, at the moment, it seems a safe enough. Seems she just needs to be in a place where she can respire essence."

Directed towards everyone else, and spoken in flametongue for the outsider's benefit:
    "Well, if no one has any objections, I think I'll try and get started right away."
    Satomi by Elagune

8. - Top - End - #698

"Thanks be to you, Chosen. Do you still use a name?" Masque stands ready to follow, and unless someone bursts in to stop them, they set off for the Demesne, and Downtime ensues thereafter.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Unless this is some convoluted pretext to murdering her, Wing and the Deathknight arrive safely, and after a few hours there, at any moment she can get out of sight for a short while, is gone.))

((The young and old mortals Pyrus is investigating are an extra and a heroic mortal respectively, and now that Sentinel is dead can probably both be brought to remember that something strange was going on.))

I believe three or four months were the times given that you will have now. You should all post what you will be spending any experience on in that time, as well as some IC accounts of what your character has been doing, especially if you're learning sorcery (although it will mostly be reflecting on the past (Salinian working, etc.) and the sacrifices made). If you have anything to do that will require my responses as to what you find or what happens, go ahead; it will be answered narratively, and feel free to plot discuss among yourselves or otherwise arrange how the relations among the group will be.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

After Onyx and the Abyssal go, Drake looks at everyone else. "<Well. That was certainly something alright. What do you all think of her?>"

-------

(Starting downtime post stuffs - Drake's going to have to get his visit to Heaven done first thing, so we'll start just with it and then split...)

Spoiler
    Show
    Some time later, Drake will say bye and find an inconspicuous place to get changed and start heading to the heavenly gate. He has to report to Nazri, and if it was just that he'd just use the scarab, but he also has someone else to speak to in Heaven, vis a vis his plans...

Either way, he should probably poke Nazri beforehand, just in case. So while he's walking through the sand"This is Drake. I'm heading for Heaven for a couple matters, thought I should report. You got time to speak?"

Either way, Drake is soon in the gate and performing the checkups, and grabbing a taxi - to the Convention of Fire first if Nazri said he can talk.

--------

Also, soon as possible, Drake will try to get Orchid to sit down and have a talk, if he's willing to discuss things. He's not going to force it, but those "the Yozis never did anything to hurt the world!" comments are sounding to him like he has a very different idea of how stuff happened, and if the Infernal looks willing to talk at some point, he'd like to compare versions.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid's gaze stays locked upon the Abyssal until she's securely gone, and he remains glaring at the door for several seconds more. He and Melodies are in rather complete agreement as to the answer thus far.
    "<I think that if we trust her prophecy, we've learned far more from this meeting than the Underworld will. But I don't trust her. If I were to trust her, then it would still be as an enemy, since she serves the visions of Oblivion.>"

- - -

Orchid desires to get Pyrus alone to discuss the Realm... But it will have to wait. It seems that the Underworld is more pressing than the Realm, except insofar as maintaining the flow of food from the Lap. The starvation of an entire city would almost certainly aid only the dead...
    But no matter. The need to seek him out or risk punishment can wait until nearer concerns can be dealt with.

- - -

Orchid seems absolutely seething, save for a calculating glance at Pyrus, and somewhat warmer ones to Amelia and Raziel.
    Regardless. It might be wise to wait for tomorrow before dealing with the currently-agitated servant of the Yozis.
    Tomorrow, however, he is waiting at Pyrus's home, seeking Raziel and packed for some form of journey. Certainly not enough for a journey through the Southern deserts - but enough for a week-long trek. Or perhaps only five days...
    Show
    I think we can pack it up and move to a different thread. aetherialDawn has won this one.

11. - Top - End - #701

[Drake]

A response is a long while in arriving, many minutes gone by. "Yes, briefly. I have not even finished my business and remain to be found. I trust this is about the watchpost?"

Soon enough, though, our Drake is stepping off a taxi-boat before the Convention's Heavenly office.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #702
    Troll in the Playground

Soon, Drake is heading through the Convention of Fire. "Hey there, Portus, Nazri's expecting me, won't be five minutes" he waves to the doorman with a friendly smile as he heads inside.

He knocks and enters Nazri's office, closing the door behind him.

"Good day, sir. Yeah, it's about the watchpost. Honestly, it's just a few things, but given I had to come to Heaven anyway, I figured I might as well report in person if you were free"

"Anyway, short version - we've had contact with the Lion's forces in weird circumstances. We - we meaning me and the circle of Exalts I mentioned last time, including the two infernals - met two of his Deathknights. The thing is one had gone rogue. We could defeat the loyal one and rescue the other. Do you think the guys at the Convention on Deathlords would want his stuff? They're desperate for any leads on the Underworld forces, might be useful to them as arcane links to their makers and such"

"The rogue Abyssal, on the other hand, is... kind of insane. She seems to continually hear the whispers of the Neverborn. Answers to the name of Masque of Ivory Flowers. But she did tell us a whole lot - even though I have no idea how precie it was, she was kind of... out of it. There were a few prophecies, and not very nice ones. Also, apparently the Neverborn are forcing the Lion to march against Gem, and is plan is turning the mountain range into a shadowland and have his armies start marching through towards Gem through that. I might need authorization to have a Harbringer perform a Relocation on Gem in the future, sir."

"Also, another problem - the loyalist Deathknight had a Teodozjia with him. And it saw us all. Given the hivemind, that's probably not very good"
    Last edited by Drascin; 2011-11-25 at 02:02 PM.

13. - Top - End - #703

Nazri does not look up from his desk as Drake enters.

"Good, we have an explanation for the alarms set off earlier. They certainly would like anything you have from this deathknight. As a matter of fact..."
    He opens a drawer, which seems to contain far more file-folders than could possibly fit in the desk, and withdraws one form, which is quickly stamped, and handed over to Drake. Form R-6, type b1, Convention Assignment Record.

"According to policy, welcome to the Convention on Deathlords. Report to their heavenly office immediately for debriefing and further instruction. I trust I need not remind you what must be kept secret from even them. Also, see if you can put this renegade in contact with Black Ice Shadow, I know she would be useful for their necromantic studies.
    Now, you are sure it was not the forces of the Eye and Seven Despairs taking this action? Of course it would be the one we did not expect to be the one making the next move. Do you think that is really the picture, that the Neverborn are ordering both the Deathlord and his rebel minion?"

He jots some nots down in the air with a red quill close to hand, wondering if the threats converging around Gem could be arranged to destroy each other instead of just the good people and the fabric of the Tapestry.

"The chance of demonic interference will be greatly increased, although not overmuch from what you have previously reported; do not hesitate to order the relocation if needed. You are the only one there to rely on now. Whatever it takes to keep the area flowing with some measure of fated order, do so."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

Drake eyes the paper slip in his hand. "Are you sure, sir? Normally I'm all about the open information, but with news of not one, but two Deathknights, and the future attack by the Lion, they might decide to send me some help. Which normally I would do a jig over, by the way, but fact is with finding a way to somehow hunt a murderous Adorjani with access to Ebon Dragon charms, a couple of infernals in my circle, and a city doomed six ways to Venusday, I already am having enough in my plate without also having to manage to hide the three Infernal Exalted in the town from another inquisitive Sidereal. Most of the Convention is Bronze, if they catch wind of Infernals' existence they'd go ape****"

"As for whether they may not be from the Lion... I'll level with you, sir. She was either telling the truth or an incredibly good actress. She looked completely out of it until the end, I'm at least pretty sure most of it is what she believes if nothing else. By the way, here" he rummages in his pocket and hands Nazri a piece of paper "this is what she said when she went into trance. I honestly don't know how precise Neverborn-induced visions are going to be, seeing how twisted beings are likely to twist everything they see. But might want to take it into account for comparatives. The bit on the Lap seems to add something to our report"

(Contents of the note, for reminder)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A machine, high on a mountain, opening a door to the underworld, that Gem may fall through it.
    A great mechanical warbird, catching human prey in these peaks.
    A dynastic palace will lie in ruins at your hands.
    When the Laplanders rebel, the response will break restraint, and a sea of blood will overwhelm the Penitent's influence; he will be a beacon not of Earth, but of Void.
    There will be a great fire, here in the south, surpassing any such thing before it.
    "I see other things, less sure. I see the Empress again on her throne. I see a new disease, worse than the contagion, yet it kills no one, sweeping the land. I see the Yozis dying."

As you'll notice, it is almost unedited. Almost. The bit about how there is one person missing and how our circle is so important to the South is a bit that can be obviated

"Anyway, I was saying, Masque herself comes from the Lion, or at least so she says and honestly she seemed too crazy to lie. The other guy was sent to bring her back home, she said, presumably for punishment. But honestly, renegade or not, she's dangerous as hell. I'm not even entirely sure it was a good idea to let her go, to be honest, rationally speaking" That's the problem with morals, Drake - sometimes they have you doing stuff on instinct .
    Last edited by Drascin; 2011-11-26 at 08:45 AM.

15. - Top - End - #705

"Anyone who meets a deathknight or otherwise becomes involves in their plans is part of the Convention. Unlike your...Infernals, they are in some ways known quantities and they are best placed to advise you on them. To the extent that they can be trusted. The integrity of the Convention on Deathlords may be compromised, and I did not mention this to you. Then again, I suppose a few more offences against our Laws would not be much of a change. No, best not risk going without information. Go see them."

He extends a hand to look at the prophecy, not realizing here that an important part is missing, and reads over it several times, to commit it to memory. Which he doesn't leave it to, as it's quickly copied down on his own paper.

"This bit about the fire. There was an old Lunar prophecy that the Sub-convention on Thorns dredged up... I don't like this; it makes it all seem frighteningly legitimate. I will have it looked in to. If that is all, Drake, we should both be going. There is much to be done. The city must be preserved against the Lion and the plans of Hell."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

"Wait, wait, wait, compromised? I'm going to have to hear that before going, sir. Can't exactly risk saying the wrong thing if there's spies in the middle of it all"

"And if you need the exact text on that Lunar prophecy, I have it as well. The Lunar in the group shared. Interestingly, it does predict these infernal Exalted down to the number, which makes me want to consider it more valid"

17. - Top - End - #707

Nazri sighs deeply.
    "Listen close. There are over 50 of us tied to it one way or another, they've been holding back actions against the Deathlords in the east, no one knows who the convention's Chair is, and...well it's just a mess. The Deathlords themselves may be running the convention, and the Vizier who knows the most about it is of...questionable loyalty to Heaven. They have a great deal of influence, and it's best they not get any more."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

[In the near future of Raziel and Orchid]

"...Right then. Beheris, I'll leave the actual introduction of the new members to you, just tell them I needed to confer with the masters...hey Orchid didn't see you."

After the monumental development of a friendly contact with an Abyssal, the Malefactor had been busy. Much needed to be done to prepare the inevitable debriefing in Malfeas, but one of things Raziel had learned was to always have a fallback plan. In this case, Beheris taking leadership of the cult while his master was away.

There was little trouble with this, particularly given how his Excellency-infused pyrotechnics had instilled what Earth would have termed cult-like devotion in his flock, as much as he had grown to despise the term. Which was good, because he suspected he might have needed to ignore his social obligations for a small bit.

Something Masque said-the "perfect chains" she had referred to-was...disturbing to say the least. Not the least of which seemed to be, well, completely broken in mind. It wasn't that odd-what basic psychological training he had said that she was brainwashed, as any moron trying to destroy the world would do to their minions (not that this applied to Raziel himself. Heavens no).

But..he had a way to learn.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the lack of exposition, I'm on time constraints right now.
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid nods, and then bows more politely. Finding Raziel is not always an easy task, so he's lucky that it wasn't too hard this time.
    "Hello, Raziel, Beheris. I was wondering if I might ask a favor of you, Raziel. I'd like to borrow the use of your key - today, I hope - to return and complete my initiation into the Emerald Circle. There might be good cause to have some demonic help on hand, soon."
    He doesn't mention that it might also be good to go and find out just how much trouble he's likely to be in for manhandling a Teodozjia. Sure, they're missionaries, but he's not terribly involved with the priests of Cecelyne.
    "There's one other thing... Would you mind discussing Laurel with me for a few minutes? I'm just... not sure what to think of her, yet. Conflicted." An understatement; that argument has been taking up most of his inner discussion for several hours now, both halves of Orchid and Melodies all together.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Really? Ah, excellent, I was planning that myself. I was just sorting out Beheris' instructions on how to run the Gatekeepers while I'm away."

He turns his full attention to his fellow Infernal.

"To your second question...sure."

Still dematerialized, Beheris began to weave notes. A survival instinct picked up in the demon city was to document everything observed about fellow (part) demons-it would be prudent to review said information to find evidence of impending betrayal, even if he doubted the malevolence of Orchid's intentions at the moment; He still didn't fully trust the man, and besides, you never knew when leverage was necessary.

Spoiler
    Show
    After reading Homestuck, I have come to the conclusion that First and Second Circle demons are like the Alternians-right down to constant distrust and casual acceptance of monstrosity. I really would not be surprised if there's a concept of kismesis in canon Malfeas.
    Last edited by Leliel; 2011-11-30 at 06:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

"Roger that, sir" Drake nods. "Will do. Stay safe"

And with that, he nods and heads out. Why was Nazri whispering? Was he being monitored by anyone on the Green Lady's payroll? If so, Drake thinks, I might have slightly ****ed up just now.

Well, one more worry to add to the pile. Because it wasn't big enough already, of course. Anyway, time for some more visits, then.

-----------

In the Heavenly tavern The Ambrosia Fountain

Spoiler
    Show
    Drake goes into the tavern, sporting his third hat this month. Thank goodness he had asked Yivs to get some copies ordered (see, it's not being crazy if you do end up needing the spares!). He's looking for a certain man, who happens to be sitting at the counter. He sits himself besides him.

"Whoah, Drake? What're ya doin' here, man?"
    "Looking for a lazy drunkard, mostly" Drake grins, signaling the barman for some pineapple juice.
    "Uh, that right? With all th'taverns 'round here, ya got one damn job cut out for ya! Well, hope ya got some luck findin'im!" Numin laughs.
    Drake chuckles, as well. "I'm talking about you, don't try to squirm away" he says, pulling Numin's drink away with a mischievous grin.
    "Wha- hey! I ain't a drunkard! Just a wee bit buzzed"
    "Dude, you probably had to learn a Resistance Excellency to be able to drink all this without dissolving" Drake points out, counting the sixteen bottles near Numin.
    "Nah, learned one ages ago" he laughs. "But my liver don't need no magic help to pack just this lil' thing!" he says, mockingly proud, to which Drake just rolls his eyes and bonks the Journeys on the head. "Man, you're hopeless"

Then they both laugh.

"So, what're ya lookin' for me for, man?" Numin then asks as they settle down. Normally, Drake simply waits for Numin at his office when its not an urgent matter. Hence, they both know that if Drake has come around here, it's probably pretty urgent.
    "What do you say we go for a walk and I tell you while we see about you not filling this place with even more alcohol fumes?"
    "Fair'nough"

After a bit more conversation, they pay and go outside, finding a nearby garden and sitting there. Numin pats the worried Drake in the back and throws himself on the grass full body.

"So, c'mon, out with it!"
    "Well... I seem to remember you were about past halfway the Hunted Maiden Sutra?"
    "Yep"
    "...what would you say are the chances of you managing to finish it before the next couple years?"
    "Uh?" Numin looks straight at Drake, sitting up. "'kay, man, what's the deal here?"
    "...I... may need to move a city the **** away really really fast some time from now. But Im doing a lot of stuff on the side that I really would rather not have to... file officially, and it might be hard to get someone to do the moving without a million questions" Drake looks down.

Numin looks at Drake for a bit, and then upwards at the sky dome (Luna seems to be winning on the games right now), thoughtful.

"Yah, think so. Ya'll be owin' me a round, tho"
    "Wait, just like that?" Drake's rather surprised. He'd expected more questions.
    Numin, on his end, just laughs. "Bro, look at yerself. Ya're feelin' ****in' miserable 'bout havin' to ask me, an' ya're doin' it anyway. Whatever this **** is, it's mighty important to ya"
    "...yeah" It is true. Drake hates having to get his friends involved, and also having to ask for help.
    "Good enough, I'd say. Yain't the type to get into illegal stuff anyway unless there's a mighty good reason. That conscience a'yours be th' death of you, I tell ya!"
    "...I'm not entirely sure if I'm happy at the trust or annoyed at being that transparent to you"
    "Don't feel bad, 'm a pro at this"
    Drake sighs.
    "Also, when you're worried y'kinda lose focus of yer surroundings, so since I could pull that off without yer noticin' an' throwing it in my face as usual, ya're obviously mighty worried'bout it" Numin chuckles before Drake can answer. Its about then that the Serenity notices he can't get up. His trousers will not leave from the ground. They seem to be stuck, or...
    "...oh you son of a bitch" Drake says, half exasperated and half amused. "More of your thaum joke glue?"
    "Yep! Didn't think it'd actually work tho!" Numin laughs, skipping away from the stuck Drake's reach.
    Drake closes his eyes. "You of course realize my vengeance will be both swift and merciless"
    "Countin' on it, really"
    Drake can't help but chuckle despite himself. "Oh, alright. So I can count with you for this whole cluster****, then?"
    "No prob, man"
    Drake sighs. "I can't believe you managed to sneak this under me without noticing. You know, with how quick you are you'd be one of our best agents if you didn't use that speed to run away from work"
    "But where'd the fun in that be? Now, later! Gotta be far 'fore th'glue dissolves!"

And with that, Numin's gone, fast as the wind.

As for Drake, he sighs even more pronouncedly, facepalming. Numin was always like this - reliable, friendly, and completely crazy. Ah well. Might just take the forced rest on stride and lay there for the couple hours the glue takes to denaturalize and lose strength. He takes out his ocarina and simply starts playing a little piece, both for himself and for the little gods of the nearby plants. If he can't do the urgent part of his job, at least he might as well fulfill his original job description for a bit...

-----------

In the offices of the Convention on Deathlords

Spoiler
    Show
    Some time later and after a change of trousers, Drake leaves a cab in front of the office of the Convention on Deathlords. Unlike what you'd expect from such a name, it's quite the busy place, with like half of the sidereal workforce forced to regularly come inside, and the subsequent amount of accountant, servitors, and paperpushers that Sidereal presence tends to imply. If he tries to find whoever he has to report to on his own he's not going to be done, and he's in a hurry.

So instead he approaches the gate desk guardian. Whereas Portus is a talkative but matter-of-fact businessman (honestly, Drake rather likes him, even if it's not entirely mutual), this guy obviously looks like someone from the division of Endings. Drake gets a little shiver at the spectral, robed form, but years of dealing with gods make one fairly resistant...

He takes out the form Nazri gave him from a pocket. "Drake Unending, Division of Serenity. Here to report on encounter with two Deathknights, and subsequent fight".

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's good. I've already closed the smithy and... Well, we can speak to the Despot, it seems. The connections I had before just don't compare."

He crosses his arms, frowning now.

"She hasn't seemed... She's been near-hostile to us, and killed at least one person we'd rather she didn't, and she won't speak to us. She's nearly as bad as some Akuma who can't imagine anything except her mission. What in the world do we do?"

He's already thinking that he might ask some questions - nothing quite this pointed, just information-gathering - during his stay in Malfeas. No harm could come of knowing more, after all, and it's good to have plenty to do - at least, in the Demon City, it's good to have something on one's mind, for Orchid...
    Show

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"...Hm...

"...Well, I can't really answer that question myself, and neither of my shoulder angels are speaking right now. I think they're mad I decided to support letting Masque hang around.

"On Laurel herself, however...It could be that, on Earth, she was distant from humanity, feeling lost and empty. Solitude and loneliness do strange things to a person's mind, and to one such as her, it could be Adorjan was the closest thing to a friend she had. Or possibly the Ebon Dragon. You know how he is.

"The point is, that kind of focused fanaticism doesn't come from simple brainwashing or a repayment of debt for her powers. That's genuine devotion, and possibly love. If she loves Adorjan, it could be that she wants to be like the Silent Wind, and that means chaos for the sake of enlightenment.

"...Plus, do you remember when I snapped at her double?

"I was...upset, certainly. But now that I think of it, if that persona was anything like the real one's, I doubt if she's actually as callous as she made herself out to be. It takes breaking a person and putting them back together wrong to make someone as amoral as that.

"And even then...it's not that she can't care anymore. It's that she's willingly lost the ability to think of people as anything more than abstract concepts. If she became aware of the pain she caused...she'd go mad."

One thing about Raziel-he could see himself in other people if he needed to. And he was aware of what he was.

24. - Top - End - #714

[Convention on Deathlords]

The place is vast, but also seems rather thrown together. Unlike the five major conventions, these are new, and even their main headquarters are plain and run-down (for heaven, anyway) as well as almost purposefully dark and foreboding.
    The receptionist stretches out a gaunt hand to take the form, and looks it over with a glance.
    "A new assignment...You will report to the Chair immediately on what you have seen."
    He points slowly to a door off to his right, and gives a short bit of directions on how to find the correct office.

[Pyrus's House]

Come, one an all, as Raziel perfectly calls out the thoughts and nature of your opponents before departing on a trip to Hell.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

Pyrus spends his time in much more mundane pursuits, studying accounts of ancient battles, physical training, and long hours of meditation in the sun. He keeps his house open to his companions, setting rooms aside for them. He also sends a letter to his sifu on the Isle, telling him he's ready to continue his training.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

Drake nods, and simply follows the directions given. Time to meet the chair of the Convention for the first time.

He breathes for a moment, collect his thoughts, and knocks the door to the office, serious faced.

27. - Top - End - #717

The door swings slightly open with the first knock. It is rather dark inside, but Drake can make out the shape of a desk, a few chairs, a potted fern, and a humanoid figure behind the desk.
    "Please be seated." A slight movement towards the chair on the left, before the desk. The voice is plain, quiet, gender-neutral, and cold to hear.
    With a moment to adjust to the low illumination, Drake can see the fern looks rather ill and neglected, and that the room is predominantly purple. The Chair is themself attired in obscuring purple veils and funeral cloths, with a bone circlet upon their head.
    "You have encountered a pair of Deathknights, and have uncovered other information relevant to their masters. Do speak."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

"Yep. Though not much in the way of new information" Drake says, trying to ascertain which pronoun he should be using to speak to the figure in the chair. Don't act completely dumb, because that would be too obvious, but don't be clever either. Average-man is my best bet. I'm a newbie and a Serenity to boot (Serenity castes being regarded as a bit slower, drug-addled, and sex-crazed partygoers by most of the Bureau. Working in the world's biggest brothel and drughouse does that), let... er... it think I'm nervous and silly and still too completely out of my depth to lie.

"So, basically, two deathknights. One of them had gone rogue, the other was trying to bring her back. Both under the First and Forsaken Lion from what I could hear. The loyalist is dead, the rogue escaped away from Gem fearing for further attempts by the Lion's forces. Her current whereabouts are unknown. The Despot is probably amenable to giving back the dead one's stuff if I ask nicely, if you have a use for it"
    Last edited by Drascin; 2011-12-04 at 03:17 PM.

29. - Top - End - #719

They gives a single slow nod. "That should not be necessary. Now that the loyalist is dead, they would be of limited utility to us. It would be useful if you knew could discover more about why the first went rogue, and any plans of the Lion which involve your region."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

"Not much, really. The rogue didn't exactly stay to chat about the weather, and she wasn't quite, er, playing with a full deck, if you catch my drift? Just confirmation of what we already knew, that the Lion does intend to strike at Gem. And a little thing that might be a clue about how" Drake points out. Give enough info that it's believable, keep everything else out. "Apparently he's got some way to pop a shadowland out of nowhere. So if I understood it correctly... if you ask me, he'll probably pop one somewhere near Gem and just walk his zombie army right up to the door".
    Last edited by Drascin; 2011-12-06 at 02:21 PM.