New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: A Dream of Quiet (IC)

"It really would have been less attention-calling to just go in and say we were workers from another shift, honestly, But I'll see if we can work with this" Drake sighs.

[At the Surface of the Mines]

"Yeah, sorry for being late, I just found him in the way. He was in the way here, looking disoriented - I think the idiot forgot to go into shelter and caught some midday sun and was trying to come here for last shift. I'll take him to the infirmary and give him a bit of water and shadow, then I'll go join my shift" Drake lies with a shrug, representing his role confidently. People getting a bit of sunstroke if they weren't careful was not unusual in Gem, and he knew Arcane Fate would make him entirely unremarkable.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

The Mines

Yep. Definitely time to get his backup. Hurrying back up the tunnel, Wing finds his allies attempting to enter. He holds back for now: no sense drawing attention to himself quite yet.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    [At the Surface of the Mines]

"Yeah, sorry for being late, I just found him in the way. He was in the way here, looking disoriented - I think the idiot forgot to go into shelter and caught some midday sun and was trying to come here for last shift. I'll take him to the infirmary and give him a bit of water and shadow, then I'll go join my shift" Drake lies with a shrug, representing his role confidently. People getting a bit of sunstroke if they weren't careful was not unusual in Gem, and he knew Arcane Fate would make him entirely unremarkable.
    In an attempt to play along, Raziel intoned the first thing that came to mind when on the brink of death due to sunstroke and thirst:

"Where's the fjord? The fjord, and the water it has! Delicious water, blessed water! I am pining for the fjord!"

...The question of whether or not he was lucid was still up in the air, though.
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Entrance]

If there had ever been a moment when Raziel was completely lucid, it's yet to be seen. So the guard takes it, and waves you inside. "Yeah, get him inside right on. Be careful. We don't want anyone else getting hurt or lost." The other laughs and rolls his eyes, like it matters. The first points to the side down the tunnel, in the general direction of the infirmary room.
    Where, once they arrive, Raziel is taken inside to a cot among several by a haggard-looking caretaker. "Yet another fool stayed out past when he should?"

[Below]

Still plenty of time after all, to be a mouse following a heatstruck slave. Until he reveals himself, I don't think there's anything that would give the mouse away even to his companions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps they could make a Perception+Awareness roll, opposed by stealth? I don't think it's necessary here; you're on the same side and just not trying to complicate things.

[The Lap]
    "Excellent. I knew I could count on you. Is there anything that could be done for you, nephew, before you pass through our city?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2012-04-05 at 10:54 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

The Mines

Finding an out of the way place in the mines is a bit harder, but Wing is able to get into a deserted side-passage, turning back into his human form. The Robes and sword will mark him out as strange, but there's no more time for that. Hurriedly, he makes after the two, reaching them just after they enter the infirmary.

There you two are! Come with me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wits+Occult roll in order to beat back arcane fate: (4d10)[8][3][7][8](26)

I should recognize Raziel in any case, and I'd assume that the other is with him.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Entrance]

If there had ever been a moment when Raziel was completely lucid, it's yet to be seen. So the guard takes it, and waves you inside. "Yeah, get him inside right on. Be careful. We don't want anyone else getting hurt or lost." The other laughs and rolls his eyes, like it matters. The first points to the side down the tunnel, in the general direction of the infirmary room.
    Where, once they arrive, Raziel is taken inside to a cot among several by a haggard-looking caretaker. "Yet another fool stayed out past when he should?"
    "I'm not a f-fool Mr. Klein, it's just that the dog ate my homework. I have documentation..."

...Okay, you've played out the gag now. It's not funny anymore, is it Nuitan...Nuitan?

*imitation of the sound of munching popcorn*

7. - Top - End - #787
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lap]
    "Excellent. I knew I could count on you. Is there anything that could be done for you, nephew, before you pass through our city?"
    "Thank you, there might be something. Perhaps you could spare a fang or two from the garrison here, have them ready to leave by the time I pass through on my way back to Gem. Perhaps soldiers that have been disappointing in some way, I can get them out of your hair and maybe some time in Gem will make them appreciate duty here."
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

Drake, on his end, is mixing exasperated and amused in his face - which is perfectly believable because, in honesty, he is feeling a bit of both of those. He basically pulls Raziel to the infirmary by pulling his arm (he's seriously considering the ear at this point), where he greets the caretaker with a nod. "Yeah. Don't worry, boss, I know how it goes, cold compress, some water, and keeping them laid in bed. Don't worry, I'll handle this idiot. Go get yourself a drink, I'll hold the fort - we're on spotting today and he's my second, so I can't go into the tunnels without him anyway. He's gonna owe me a pint after this crap, I tell you - the foreman is going to have our guts" he says with a sigh, sending the haggard caretaker away. The man seemed tired, and would almost certainly welcome a chance to sneak out leaving someone taking care of the few people resting.

Good thing he did, too, because not a couple minutes later Onyx is there, looking hurried. Drake looks around, to see if there's anyone else conscious around, and on an apparent negative, nods and follows.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

Mines

"Getting in shouldn't be too difficult, though we might have to squeeze a bit. Someone's setting up a ritual, though for what I have no idea. Only saw a couple of guards, and one other. But it might be trouble: Laurel's there, as a prisoner. My plan's pretty simple: I go in first while shapeshifted. You follow, and that should give me a chance to get one good surprise attack in. You learn anything more?"

Wing hurriedly guides them through the passage, only stopping once they reach the small tunnel to the ritual chamber.
    Satomi by Elagune

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

"Didn't have the time. We were about to go out and start prodding people when you came" Drake shakes his head. Rituals, uh? Never a good sign. Ever. In this, both parts of his mind are in agreement. "Give me a tick to get some defenses up just in case this ends badly" he adds, closing his eyes and starting his mental soundtrack - second later he nods again, even as he starts to tap his foot unconsciously. "Alright, then. Go in, I'll wait thirty seconds for you to get a good position to sneak attack and flank from, and then we go after you. Sound okay?"

(This is looking like it might end in fighting. Being I depend on Defense of Shining Joy entirely for my survival, not having been able to bring my only armor in a peasant worker's clothes, and that it's a Simple action to put up, I really think I should have it up before Join Battle is rolled . Spending 5 peripheral)

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Right. I have something like that as well.

Talking finished for the moment, Wing concentrates, dropping into his style's form charm, emulating the swaying of a snake. Or, emulating for a second: soon he is a snake, slithering through the tunnel as silently as he can, sticking to the shadows once he enters the chamber itself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Activate Snake Form, 5 motes. Then transform into my spirit shape, 1 mote.
    Serpent of Colorless Fire.

All rolls to detect me by sight are at +3 difficulty.
    Stealth+Dex: (9d10)[9][3][8][8][5][6][4][5][10](58)
    Join Combat:8

Defenses:
    Dodge DV 4 dice
    Parry DV 6(only Lethal with stunt)

Soak:
    3L/3B
    Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]
    -X [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Permanent: ●●●
    Personal: 13/19 (5 Committed)
    Peripheral: 36/40 (4 Committed)
    Satomi by Elagune

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"...Okay, jokes' over."

It was perhaps fortunate the caretaker wasn't around, as even without the whole "lets get serious" line, the sudden speed at which Raziel recovered from heated ham-stroke would be...suspect.

Corona, you prepared?

As always, Fieldsman.

It's at that point that Raziel began to sweat. ...Why real name?

I call people by their given names when I'm being focused. It's nothing special, I just noticed how often people use aliases to fit in with people like Bright Shattered Ice.

Finally, an aspect of Solar culture that makes sense!

Quiet, you.
    Last edited by Leliel; 2012-04-07 at 06:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #793

Wing slips into the chamber, keeping to the shadows and remaining completely unnoticed, with not a sign that anyone's seen him.

The man apparently running it all is by the edge of the cavern, off to the right, sitting in a meditative posture with two of the guards standing before him at alert. Another two are walking up to the cavern entrance, and a final few standing watch over the prisoners. The thing he was working on rests on a cushion behind him.

The center of the room, within the discoloured circle, is now filled with lines and swirls and incomprehensible symbols, adding up to what is clearly some sort of magical circle. Ten feet off from the center is a small wooden platform with a few steps up to it. Wonder where that came from.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

Getting into position near the man he recognizes from before settling down to wait for the others.
    Satomi by Elagune

15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground

Drake counts to thirty slowly, following the beat in his head and letting Onyx get into position, before nodding at Raziel. "Alright, then. Time for a very distracting entrance to let Onyx morph back and punch the boss fight in the neck. You ready?"

And with that, he simply takes his hands to his pockets (where his smashfists are) and strolls inside, walking up with a quick stride to the entrance, perfectly confident. "How are you gentlemen?" he smiles at the two guards near the entrance, taking full advantage of the inevitable single second of confusion and "were we expecting anyone else?" thoughts at this man appearing as if he clearly knew about the operation and had all the right to be there, and apparently ignoring any weapons pointed to him-

-and suddenly stepping quickly forward and throwing a punch straight to the stomach of the nearest one. Surprise!

(OOC: And there we go. Suprise attack and join battle, and let's see how this goes. We really got to keep the initiative)
    Attack roll - (12d10)[4][6][5][8][5][5][3][5][3][6][10][5](65) (Dam: 8B/2)
    Join battle - (7d10)[6][10][8][6][10][3][4](47)

Spoiler
    Show

Join Battle:7

Defenses:
    Dodge DV 7
    Parry DV 6
    Have Defense of Shining Joy on, which means attacking doesn't reduce my DDV and that I can ignore 5 points of other penalties to it.

Soak:
    1L/2B
    Health:
    -0 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -1 [ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]

Personal: 10/15 (5 commited in Telltale Symphony, will probably release it if there's no big magic sounding around)
    Peripheral: 23/38(13 Committed)
    Last edited by Drascin; 2012-04-15 at 05:31 AM.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Not nearly nervous enough to dissociate and turn into an emotionless machine again, Raziel mutely coughs up remains of the mucus-which, coincidentally, contained more than enough liquid to manifest his Ichor Flux Tendrils

Join Battle: (4d10)[22]

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

OOC: D'oh

(4d10)[3][9][7][4](23)

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

Wing

Having the distraction he needed, Wing slithers to the target's shadow, about to pounce.

Spoiler
    Show
    Join Battle: (9d10)[1][6][5][4][3][3][1][5][6](34), and if my specialty in ambushes applies, (2d10)[1][8](9).

Defenses:
    Dodge DV 4 dice
    Parry DV 6(only Lethal with stunt)

Soak:
    3L/3B
    Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]
    -X [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Personal: 10/19 (5 Committed)
    Peripheral: 36/40 (4 Committed)
    Satomi by Elagune

19. - Top - End - #799

[Drake]

As he steps into the cave, a faint sound of magic wells up into a full orchestra of organized essence. Dissonant death essence plays from several places: an oppressive artefact buzz from around Laurel in her cage and the leader at rest, a similar tone, but higher and stronger from the device on its cushion behind him, a faint piping sound from the center of the circle. From Laurel he can note faintly the absence of sound that is Adorjan's magic, from the leader a dark howling that immediately marks him as more than mortal, and from the caged sphere a nearly deafening flourish of horns and pipes.

All taken in in the moment that his fist connects squarely with the first guardsman, who staggers back, reeling from the blow to his stomach. Seriously off-balance and with the rest of them completely taken aback, it takes him a few critical seconds to recover...

["Boss Fight"]

The man leaps up in an instant and snatches the device back into his hands.
    "Kill him!" Straight to the point, he is. And turning towards the cages, he calls out to the nearest guardswoman there.
    "Jana, give me your keys. It will have to be now." She reaches to get a large iron key from her belt, momentarily for to toss to him...

[In the Lap]

"Of course, dear nephew. I can think of a few who would be perfect for the job; I'm sure it can all be arranged. It's not as though there's ever real trouble for the garrison to put down; real work would do them good. I wish you luck and safety on your travels."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2012-04-16 at 09:52 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

Drake

A few critical seconds that Drake is going to make full use of, of course. He follows his lunge at the right gard with a spin on himself before the other one has time to react, pushing off the nearby wall for extra force and giving the guard on the left a spinning closed backhand to the jaw to make him retreat and stun him momentarily. He doesn't let up the momentum, though, continuing the spin and joining his left hand to his right - so as the poor punched guard on the right starts raising his head again after doubling over, he finds a diagonal downward haymaker on an interception course with his face with all the intention of sending him crashing into the boulder nearby.

He then retakes stance, one foot slightly raised and softly hitting the ground with its toes to a beat.

It is rather striking how different his demeanour is from last time. He seems to close his eyes at intervals, and he actually smiles in places, he's just losing himself in the music. It's quite curious how merely having a soundtrack in his head can focus him so incredibly much - but it does.

"Watch out, Raz. Guy in the middle is probably an Abyssal, and he's packing artifacts!" he calls out. Of course, the warning is less for Raziel and more for Onyx at the moment, but nonetheless, it's an important thing to keep in mind!

21. - Top - End - #801

[Drake]

The crashing blow does more than stun the guard; he goes flying back, crashing face-up behind the first one, who rises to fight just in time to be sent back down himself. He collides with the boulder with a painful sounding snap, and collapses to the ground.

The way is clear for Raziel, as the others stand shocked for a moment by the Siereal's display.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

[In the Lap]

"Of course, dear nephew. I can think of a few who would be perfect for the job; I'm sure it can all be arranged. It's not as though there's ever real trouble for the garrison to put down; real work would do them good. I wish you luck and safety on your travels."
    "You are to kind, Aunt Sijip. When I am on the Isle I will remind the family to come visit more often, it must get very tedious here."
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Understood."

It's subtle, but the waver in his voice is gone now, replaced by steely stoicism. Internally, he doesn't even consider running-they gave one Abyssal his Finak Death, and saved another from the Deathlords (not the Neverborn, yet, but everything he had read about them painted them as mad oracles more than anything. Saving her from their Whispers could wait). This one doesn't scare him as much, and besides, they could flip Laurel this way too, and gain another possible ally to the Circle's cause. It was simply more efficient to not run at this moment.

Some part of him wondered if, in another life, he was a Defiler Infernal. Who knows, this crazy world could be a Lost Hyborean Age or somesuch. Could be that he was a reincarnation of a future nemesis or something.

These musings though, could wait. For now, he simply threw the globule of mucus at the Abyssal...and as it did so, it underwent a metamorphosis from sandy humor to green, acidic water that began to twist like it was something alive...because that's what it was.

"I'll take that key, thanks."

The globule exploded into a trio of tentacles, looking for all the world like a deformed green starfish. Two rushed towards the one called Jana, growing icy crab claws while seeking her. The other one released a whip-cord thin icicle from it's tip, slicing at the Abyssal to distract him for a critical second.

Spoiler
    Show
    Clinch Tendril 1 (Jana): Wits + Occult +3: (9d10)[6][5][6][2][4][6][6][4][8](47)

Clinch Tendril 2 (Jana): Wits + Occult + 3 - 1: (8d10)[2][1][1][6][2][7][6][10](35)

Lethal Attack Tendril (Abyssal): Wits + Occult + 3 -2: (7d10)[10][5][4][3][8][2][9](41)

24. - Top - End - #804

The Abyssal steps back, letting the icicle lash harmlessly just inches away, and receives the key from Jana's hand. "No, I think you won't."

Jana, for her part, jumps back from the grasping claws, spring into a defensive position between the Ichor Flux and the abyssal. "
    "I don't think any as violent as you would care, but I'll a give you one chance to back down. Depart this place and be forgiven. Remain on pain of death."
    If they stay, take down the water-caster, on my mark. I think more power to hold them off, sir. Bone shield, channel from the captives and bring the engine online once we engage him."
    All in flametongue, of course.

The Abyssal tucks the key inside his sash with the device and pauses, visibly withdrawing from his surroundings. Drake hears a bone-rattling bell piece begin around the man, and a moment later the unmistakable energies of spellshaping begin to flicker around his hands as he moves them through incomprehensible gestures and mudra.

The other three approach cautiously, watching for any moves and keeping close enough to cover each other's defences.

Spoiler
    Show

All attacks were dodged.
    Let's co-ordinate some attacks: (8d10)[10][1][3][4][5][2][4][3](32)
    Jana flurries Co-ordinate Attack and Defend Other.
    Other Guardsmen Guard and move.
    Abyssal Shapes Necromancy.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Now's the chance. Hit him before anyone realizes he's here, and I know how hard it is to cast spells while in combat.

Leaping upwards towards the casters unprotected back, the snake bares its fangs, but it never reaches the target. Not as it is, at any rate.

Silver light seems to explode out of the little thing, casting shadows on the very air itself. Both wrap around what was the snake, but it's clear that whatever is inside isn't so little anymore. Especially the fangs, as they dart towards the man's shoulders, attached to a much too-long neck.

As this happens, the light and shadows become more defined, shaping themselves into a coiled serpent, rocking back and forth like a cobra waiting to strike. The motion is eye-catching, hypnotic, and over with a flash as the thing of light and shadow seems to strike again. Only when it's almost connected is the true danger visible: the bone-white sword, hiding in the serpents mouth.

And just like that, it's over, settling to rock back and forth once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Deadly Beastman Transformation, activating Bruise Relief method as a gift charm while doing so. This means that my Dexterity, Str, and Stamina all go up by 1 point, and my Martial Arts is up by one due to Drake's actions.
    -Fangs
    -Toxin(5L/Action, 2, -/-, -2)

Making two attacks on the caster. The first(which I hope is unexpected) is a bite. with the fangs. Not sure of what exactly it's going to do, so I'll base it off of the Serpant of Colorless Fire's Attack(Speed 4, Acc +0 Damage+0L, Rate 3).
    11-4+5=12 dice(12d10)[9][5][6][3][9][2][9][8][7][1][9][9](77). If successful, it does a base of 4L damage, plus inflicts the Poison(5L/Action, 2, -/-, -2).

Second attack is a slash with my Hooksword:14-5+5=14 dice(14d10)[8][3][9][4][3][8][9][2][4][5][9][1][3][1](69). This attack does a base of 8L damage.

Spending one WP to combo 1st Dexterity Excellency, Golden Tiger Stance, Wind Dancing Method, and Serpentine Evasion

Dodge DV 5-3(Multiple Action penalties)
    Parry DV 9-3(Multiple Action penalties)

Soak:
    7L/12B
    Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]
    -X [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Social Defenses:
    Dodge MDV6
    Parry MDV 3

Personal: 10/19 (5 Committed, snake form)
    Peripheral: 19/40 (4 Committed artifacts, 2 committed for gift charm)
    Willpower 7/8

17 peripheral spent. Anima banner activates fully, giving foes an additional -1 penalty to attack me unless they can see through darkness, in addition to the -5 penalty due to Snake Form being active.

Highest action speed was Speed 5.
    Satomi by Elagune

26. - Top - End - #806

The snake's fangs flash in, completely unexpected, and tear through a layer of cloth, an then punch gratingly through a layer of metal, to just scratch the skin beneath and carry their venom. A brief look of pain crosses the abyssal's face, but he carries on his motions. The light of the spell spreads down towards his feet and along the ground immediately around him.

But even at the last moment, it was seen somehow. When the snake's sword flashes in and reveals itself, it crashes against the iron strip on the back of a cestus, interposed at the last moment and sending Wing's attack far wild of it's target. As that happens, Drake hears a momentary flourish of trumpets, brass and shining, from their direction.
    Jana finishes slipping into the space between him and the Abyssal as the Lunar goes back to rocking.
    "I shall take that as a 'no', monster?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Following the beat, Drake bobs up and down, directing a stern look at the woman. Well, well, that was interesting. "Honestly, I'd rather not have to fight, believe me. But we're trying to protect Gem, and a guy messing with death magic right under it is enough to make us twitchy. And since we damn never seem to find anyone who is willing to talk before beating him unconscious, here we are. So if you wanna explain, we're all ears, serious"

And with that, if the three remaining guards continue trying to go for Raziel, he shifts the beat in his personal soundtrack and hops in front, covering him.

"Plus, that's a strange magic you yourself use, lady. Sounds like brass. Not a whole lot of things that sound like that, and those that do are usually bad news" he points out. That's also a hint for the others. Who's associated wth brass, after all? Suddenly, he doubles over and lunges as he lets a one-two combination fly - one to the stomach of the guy on his left, and one straight to the nuts of the one on his right. No, Drake really doesn't fight fair. "And you three, it's me you got a beef with, leave him alone"
    Last edited by Drascin; 2012-04-25 at 07:16 AM.

28. - Top - End - #808

"Honestly, we here to kill your city. It nothing personal. Orders of the sort, 'do it or we melt you and yours into soulsteel', not such that we can argue with."

Jana steps up and throws a punch towards Wing. A solid blow, or it would be if not for the snake's distorting movements and the whirl of silver anima. As it is, she misses terribly and falls back to protecting the abyssal.
    "Bad news, huh? You don't seem like an Immaculate. What are you, even, that can hear the charms?"

The first guardsman knocks the incoming fist aside with his hammer, but as for the second, that was a low blow, and he's not able to get out of the way in time, and he takes a step back, starting to double up from the pain. But he's not out as easily as the first two were.
    As the last one closes with Drake, mace raised, the others, even the recently hit one, join in, swinging wildly.
    "Remember your training! Teamwork. You've seen what that one can do."

Within its cage, the metal sphere rings with the sound of a strong shock from the interior, rocks a bit, and a crack appears on the surface.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacks on Drake. Uncoordinated, no onslaught, just attacks.
    (7d10)[10][5][2][10][6][10][2](45) for +8 B
    (7d10)[9][1][9][8][8][5][8](48)
    (7d10)[9][1][3][4][5][5][1](28)

Attack on Wing: (2d10)[9][5](14) for +7B, with all your penalties.
    Co-ordination roll against Drake: (8d10)[6][10][1][8][10][1][7][3](46)
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2012-04-25 at 10:09 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Understood. Got ourselves a traitor, here.

This is different from you how...?

Leaving aside Lord Szoreny, I'm not working with people who want to kill all of existence.

Raziel grimaced when he saw the iron sphere crack. More complications. Inwardly, he warns Corona to be on standby. Two Exalts aren't something to sneeze at, and there's no guarantee that the Thing In The Sphere (aka, TITS) wasn't an ally of Jana and The Other Guy that's just been woken up from an off-duty snooze-and that if free, it will be friendly to them. Help from a Past Life is most appreciated in this kind of situation.

In any case, first things first-getting rid of the Abyssal or at least distracting him so that the Necromancy doesn't fire. Unless Drake had been up to some Really Stupid Crap during the couple months when Doom wasn't on their minds, it was probably a safe bet none of them knew Necromantic Countermagic.

The "starfish" was now on the ground, limbs clicking angrily and their denial of Jana's flesh. All three proceeded to grow the whip-thin ice tippings again, and lunge at the mysterious guardswoman...

As part of the puddle containing them splitting apart. Before she could react, all three puddles and the tentacles therein proceeded to slide around and under her, reforming just behind her and in front of her Abyssal friend. All three Tendrils then grew icy spines not unlike saws, and as one, they struck.

30. - Top - End - #810

"Sire, advi-"

"Right, casting trance."

When the icy tendrils lunge forward, the guardswoman falls back, either dodging or sensing the ruse, and it takes her only an instant to get back between the sawblades and the Abyssal, batting the 'starfish' tentacles aside.
    But in that instant, the first blade slips past, cutting at the vulnerable necromancer... and crunching harmlessly against armour plates. Then the second, barely deflected, does the same.
    Then, she jumps aside with a golden flash, several yards distant now from her ally and Raziel's tendrils, as the spell comes to an end. The ground beneath him cracks, and shards and strips of flesh and bone shoot up, whirling about the Abyssal in a macabre cloud, momentarily fitting together to form shields and dispersing to shred and absorb the living.

"I need no power sir, but the wards are failing."

Spoiler
    Show
    The Necromancer Rejoins Battle: (5d10)[1][4][7][4][2](18)
    And makes a resistance roll against poison: (4d10)[3][2][8][2](15)
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine