New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Dream of Quiet (IC)

It seemed to me that she had been tracking us before hand. She was interrogating our server, but she wasn't able to get any decent answers out of her, cause she couldn't speak the language. That's why she came out.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

"<Well, personally, I'm mostly worried she'll try to gank me. I don't think she liked my working for Heaven and knowing about you guys. But I guess mortal danger comes with the job. If you don't see me in three days, assume I got "dissappeared">" Drake says, sighing again. He seems a bit scared, but determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    "<I don't care what she is. If she tries to make good on her threats, I'll make good on mine. On the Isle, they teach us about the Perfected Lotus. How us Dragonbloods can learn to move from the root to the bulb of the metaphorical flower, the level of skill of you Celestials. And that's just what I did. We might really be weaker in Essence, but celestial martial arts can level that playing field.>"
    "<Well, we Sidereals know of a third level of the Lotus, which would be that flower... but trying to learn it too soon apparently makes people explode, very much not in a metaphorical sense, so let's just say I'm not too hasty about it all>" Drake smiles, ironic.

"<But, talking about Martial Arts - I'm no fighter, but I know a couple tricks, myself. I've been learning a Guardian style, so maybe we should perform the atuning ceremony together if you don't mind. It's really a pretty simple set of katas, and it would give us a little edge - mostly, while I'm set as your Guardian, I'd know if any of you were attacked, so it'd be harder for this Laurel to gank us one by one without anyone knowing. Plus it helps give some mental clarity - I've always taken it as a bit of a statement of how Sids are supposed to be that the whole thing gives many perks to the guarded people, and few to the guardian himself>" the Sidereal chuckles a bit.

Of course, Drake is not using the term the current sifus use ("shadow fingers") because, well, not only would that sound horrible to the others, but as far as he's learned the style, he's correct, too. Fate's Guardian Style is a style custom-built for teamwork and organizing, and it speaks entirely too much of current Sidereal arrogance and paranoia that they would try to term those helped by it as dupes of all things.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"<Teach us how to fight, in other words?>"

<"Sure, anything to survive. Besides, I'm kind of useless in a battle right now, and I hate being 'the load'.">
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

It takes Orchid a little agonizing, but when Raziel makes his decision, he becomes more sure.
    "<I think I will have to opt out of this. I can fight in my own ways, and more importantly, I do have a charm which might cause serious problems if I became directly linked to a Sidereal that way. We can test it later, perhaps.>"
    Besides, someone should stay separate just in case. Sparrow appears to be a wise adviser instead of a cunning backstabber, but caution is hardly ever out of place. It's not as though he can't join later on, if it's safe and has no problems with compatibility.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Of course, we'll need some place to actually do the ritual, in that case.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

6. - Top - End - #216
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfPirate

"<Sounds good to me.>"
    The three great secrets of public speaking: Hello, my name is; roll with it; thank you for your time.

crackle

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

"We can use my townhouse."
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Raziel chuckled darkly at that.

<"Heh. Guess I'm okay with that. You can use my spot.">

"<I mean, there's already a hobo living there. Don't want it worse than it already is.>"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Drake nods. "<Sounds good. I sure don't have much in the way of house as Sparrow - the wandering bard role calls for a lack of housing, you know how it is. We'll just say you hired me for a couple performances>" he says, agreeing. "<Hell, if you actually ever need a performer for a party or something I can make you a bargain, even!>" he chuckles, winking, recovering his good mood a bit. "<I can't exactly play Stairway to Heaven without an electric guitar, though, sadly - at least not without feeling I'm commiting heresy - but I'm sure we could find something>"

"<And now if you'll excuse me,>" he adds, smiling and leaning over his plate again, "<I'm going to tackle this before it goes cold. I haven't actually eaten today, and I'm hungry as ****>"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

"<If we're all okay with what Sparrow's suggested, then I'd still like to tag along. I won't interrupt, I'll just try and imagine an electric guitar design until I know enough to start the real planning, perhaps? All after you're done eating, of course. No rush just yet.>"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"<All right.>"

A decent meal...thank Cecelyne.
    Last edited by Leliel; 2011-02-01 at 01:51 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Firbolg in the Playground

The meal is decent, and probably couldn't be called better than that. Not good, not bad, just decent.

Orchid does know that he'd need electricity for that guitar too, right?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Well, whenever you're ready to go, then. I guess We'll all follow Pyrus.
    Satomi by Elagune

14. - Top - End - #224

The waiter comes by to leave the bill - a bit higher than might be expected, with all the special orders, but not bad - and wishes the group a good day. The breakfast crowd is starting to filter out of the restaurant by now, and darkness has fully fallen outside.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Pyrus just passes the waiter his letter of credit from the Despot's back, he doesn't even look at the check.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Raziel, however, does.

Great...even more jade I owe Pyrus...

...Or is it Sergeant? Whatever. We're in this together, actually trained military personnel or not.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfPirate

"So...I'm ready whenever you are. <And Raziel, unless you request otherwise I think I'm only going to translate important stuff. That work?>"
    The three great secrets of public speaking: Hello, my name is; roll with it; thank you for your time.

crackle

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LauWren View Post
    "So...I'm ready whenever you are. <And Raziel, unless you request otherwise I think I'm only going to translate important stuff. That work?>"

"<Sure. Thanks.>"

19. - Top - End - #229

The despot's money is certainly good.
    The waiter takes the letter and clears away the empty dishes.
    "Do come again." he comments, even if they do order strange things.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Pyrus leads the group to his townhouse, and assuming they arrive unmolested, shoos his servants out. "You have the afternoon off, go find some prostitutes, my treat."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

As for Sparrow, he follows with a merry step, not having a trouble with letting Pyrus pay and humming a tune (that the Earthlings might recognize) under his breath. Really, if you saw him now, you'd never suspect he's anything other than a bohemian performer and a really big fool.

When they arrive, he waits by, looking around the Pyrus Estate (and inwardly mapping the place n case someday he needs to hightail it out), as the Dragonblooded dismisses all the servants and everyone regroups.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

"Interesting way to send them off."
    Orchid doesn't particularly add more. He's here to see a Sidereal ritual, for now, and maybe learn something about his new potential companions. His mind is occupied more with that, and the occasional distraction in imagining a magical electric guitar. He really will have to build one, just so he can stop thinking about it...

23. - Top - End - #233

The Exalted work in mysterious ways. The wise do not question them, and the servants scurry off, out of the property, over the next few minutes.
    Except for the cook, who does not seem to be present. Perhaps he's in some far corner of the Estate, or has left on some errand.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

"<My common sense is tingling, we need to confirm the cook's whereabouts and activities before we discuss anything sensitive.>"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

"<Think he's been working on the side at the restaurant we happened to go to? Or just a conspicuous absence? I don't exactly know your servants by heart just yet.>"
    Not that knowing who serves under a Terrestrial wouldn't be useful. Perhaps he will memorize some of those servants, get some eyes and ears on the member of his party who seems least stable... And with his resources and leadership, too important to allow such instability in.

(Internal Dialogue)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The cook appears to be missing. Pyrus is worried about it. Keep an eye out, Melodies, would you?

Obviously. Does that come before or after looking for any... leverage?

Assassins with butcher's knives who might know too much.

Before, then?

I don't think I'll need to blackmail Pyrus, just keep an eye on him.

You say this, and yet if you would simply accept a little more responsibility for intrigue I'm sure your situation in Malfeas would be easier.

I don't have any problem with being in Gem, so I'll stick to intrigue when it's fun or useful, thanks. I don't like the subterfuge for its own sake, and even if some of us aren't on the same side, we're all facing the same way.

Clearly you will suit yourself. Still, think about it... in light of Laurel, if nothing else.

...You say that the Primordials didn't know about me when they sent you?

Even if I was only the judge, Exaltations seek out their matches, Orchid... And you might want to think about that, too, when you work with the new Lunar and the twice-Usurpers.

Yet, we know full well there are some stronger bonds. Family, in Amelia. I am sure that salvation for the world, as well, is a cause few would refuse if they could only understand. And I think they can.

That trust will do, but it remains my job to watch out for you.

And I would never refuse that, my little shoulder demon.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

So...where does he live? And where else might he be? I hardly know where your servants go, either.
    Satomi by Elagune

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

"<I might be able to help with that. What is this cook's name, again?>"
    Last edited by Drascin; 2011-02-11 at 05:38 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

"Jing-Se, he's from the Lap, I picked him up on my way south. I knew he was a great cook the moment I saw him, people who have bad taste in food don't get that fat." He sticks his head out the door and calls after the departing servants. "Hey! Has anyone seen Jing-Se recently?"

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

"<Alrighty, then, I can work with that. Can't promise results, but it's worth a try. Excuse me for a second - hope you'll understand, but after this Laurel thing I'm kind of on edge about people spying on us. I'm not supposed to let anyone see any tricks of mine, and while I trust you guys to not blab, I can't say the same for anyone watching...>"

So Sparrow steps into the closest shadow, gives a quick check to any possible hiding places, and then crosses his arm in front of him facing the wall. And from his sleeve, a little green spider skitters onto the back of his hand. Drake smiles. In his opinion, this is one of the perks of the job - he rather likes the Pattern Spiders, and being able to trot around a chibi facsimile is great. Plus, of course, it's cute as a button.

Still, to business. He thinks for a moment, then lowers his head and mutters to it in Old Realm "Query: What is the current precise location of the being who works at this palace and goes by the name Jing-Se?" The question is carefully worded so that the facsimile spider will have the least trouble - asking for current location, double identification, and worded in such a way that even if Jing-Se isn't his real birth name but an alias (not unusual in Gem), the search of the unintelligent construct should still bring up some pings through the Loom association with all the people who called him by that name. It's really not unlike a different kind of Google-fu, Drake thinks, amused.

Then the spider skitters off through the threads of fate back to the loom, dissappearing into thin air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Efficient Secretary Technique for 2 motes

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Raziel raises an eyebrow.

<"A Pattern Spider? Seriously?">

<"Yes, please ignore the two people that exist outside fate when you're summoning a steward of the Loom...">

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, he thinks that was an actual pattern spider.