New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader: The Rise of the Green Horde (IC)

"Pilot!! I can't aim like this! Get us stable and I'll put some holes in them orks! .... if Lord Captain agrees of course."

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hawker opens a comm channel to the duty ship defense crews.
    ++Prepare to repel boarders. All ship defense teams to stations. Repeat: Prepare to repel boarders. All ship defense teams to stations.++

Turning to the scanner crew, he barks "Scans, keep a close watch for boarding roks. If they get onboard it will get bloody!"

3. - Top - End - #393
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shamor, aren't you the Pilot?

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

I assumed our navigator was the one flying, as im the gunner. So i cant fly during omdat.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

*checks character sheets* Hmm. Only you and Ghareth have the Pilot Skill... This might get more interesting than I thought...

EDIT: Actually, with your Crew rating, you could have an NPC Pilot the thing at an effective 45 Agility, +10 from the Captain if he so chooses, + your ship's maneuverability. I didn't realize y'all didn't have a dedicated pilot PC.
    Last edited by RogueTrader; 2011-03-04 at 12:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Shamor gets to restless from this waiting to shoot at orks. He'll do it.

(1d100)[4] vs. 117 (57 [AG] + 10 [captain] + 40 [manueverability] + [10 from our nav])

There you go, 12 successes?
    Last edited by Moranica; 2011-03-07 at 03:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn... I was gonna make things more complicated, but I think I can skip that for now.

With a roar, your Plasma Drives fire and burn and throw you out of the planet's Gravity Well and into the cold chill of the vacuum once more. You are safe from an imminent crash landing, though not from the Ork vessels currently attacking the planet.

Now that you are clear of the atmospheric interference and your auspexes have had time to reset, your holodisplays light up with a tactical map of the immediate area of the planet. You are on the far side of the world, with the station barely visible over the horizon. A pair of Frigate-sized Ork ships are currently harassing it and appear to have inflicted some minor structural damage while both staying largely out of range of its more potent anti-capital ship batteries. One of the Ork vessels has seemed to have taken a few structural hits and is venting a little atmosphere, but otherwise seems to be operating at full capacity at least visually. Further out, closer to one of the planet's moons, you detect a third Ork vessel in pursuit of an Imperial Destroyer, likely a modified Cobra from her silhouette. The Cobra is just as fast and considerably more maneuverable than the Ork ship, but is also considerably less armed and armored and likely wouldn't last long in a stand-up fight against one, much less three, of the enemy vessels.

Over your Vox sets, a hysterical human voice shouts, "Unidentified Vessel, identify yourself immediately or we will open fire!"

8. - Top - End - #398
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hand sopping with the miscellaneous amniotic and gelatinous fluids that fill a Navigator's coccoon, Hallach high-fives one of the Simulacra, causing it to reel backwards, unable to find its balance.

Scrabbling around next to her, she grabs a vox-link, and addresses the pilot.

Not too bad, Mr al-Moraby, not too bad. Would you like a second trio of eyes on the navigation, or on the ordinance?
    Last edited by Essie; 2011-03-07 at 04:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you, Hallach, if I may call you so, those orks were getting on my nerves!! ... and they should be dealt with.

Captain, your orders, sir?

I'll be fine on the ordinance, but I can't fly the ships if we're taking on those ork vessels."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

The two Ork ships attacking the Space Station are within Long Range of you weapons, and are flying roughly parallel with you. The other ship and the Destroyer are somewhat further away. If you take a hard right to skim the ozone layer of the planet below, you can start to close distance with the Ork vessels. I can get up a map if this starts to get crunchy.

We can consider this the start of a new round of combat, should you choose to engage. Moranica, you may fire at will (as soon as the Captain gives you the orders/someone locks onto the Ork ships for your weapons).
    Last edited by RogueTrader; 2011-03-07 at 05:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

"CAPTAIN!!! What are your orders?!?!"