New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: OotS Style Art/Fanart Showcase IV

An avie I made recently.
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't really like how the shield turned out and I rushed him a little bit to get him out the door.
    One of my better works all the same.

I am a:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lawful Neutral
    Halfling Wizard/Cleric
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 14
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 14
    Charisma- 12

There are 10 types of people in this world:
    Those that know ternary,
    those that don't
    and those that thought this was a binary joke.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillItWithFire View Post
    An avie I made recently.
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't really like how the shield turned out and I rushed him a little bit to get him out the door.
    It's perty I must say... I like the effect that you did to make it look like chainmail, somehow I wasn't able to figure that out on my own. (looking at it again, is it scale mail?) The first thing I noticed from the shield is the shadow effect that you put on it, it goes on the entire left side and mostly just becomes a dark glow more than shadow. It also seems a little low for where his arm is. What I think would be cool is if you could make it so that he has the shield on the ground and is holding it steady by having his hand on top of it. It will look more natural and (imo) look more badass.
    For reference

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=46&ty=99
    Just to clarify, I HATE my name, it just sounded cool in my head at the time okay?

You can just call me Kay or Kur. Easier than finding an umlaut code on the interwebz.

3. - Top - End - #663

Quote Originally Posted by Krüsher View Post
    It's perty I must say... I like the effect that you did to make it look like chainmail, somehow I wasn't able to figure that out on my own. (looking at it again, is it scale mail?) The first thing I noticed from the shield is the shadow effect that you put on it, it goes on the entire left side and mostly just becomes a dark glow more than shadow. It also seems a little low for where his arm is. What I think would be cool is if you could make it so that he has the shield on the ground and is holding it steady by having his hand on top of it. It will look more natural and (imo) look more badass.
    For reference

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=46&ty=99
    Thought about doing exactly that actually, it's why the shield is so low in the first place. But for the life of me I couldn't get the arm to look right so I kinda copped out on it.

I am a:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lawful Neutral
    Halfling Wizard/Cleric
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 14
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 14
    Charisma- 12

Those that know ternary,
    those that don't

4. - Top - End - #664

So I played the bejeezus out of Dragon Age: Origins and ended up drawing all companions (save temporary ones).

Here's my work.

Spoiler
    Show

I wonder if Sten approves...

Last edited by Thormag; 2011-05-14 at 01:36 PM.
    Previously known as Dorian Soth.

Pokémon Friend Codes!

Spoiler
    Show

Pokémon Platinum
    2065-8881-0711

Pokémon Black
    1764-5885-4832

Pokémon White 2
    5115-3060-5236

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is:
    0619-3578-2378

PM me before you add me

Check my stuff!

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Hey! Those are really good.
    ____

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

I agree, although Dog's claws seem a bit rushed, as if you first drew them as a concept, and then forgot to finish them. Spending five more minutes to get them to fit with the feet would probably be worth it.

Apart from that, a really good job, I'd say.

I wished I knew how to do animation (and had a program to do it with). I got an awesome idea about a small animation few days ago after listening to this song one time more than what's healthy (or rather, the whole album), but I can't do anything about it, which is very frustrating.

I probably should write down the script. At least I won't forget it if I do that...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2011-05-14 at 07:46 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

7. - Top - End - #667
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unnecessary and useless background information: I tried to make a story a while ago. Doubt anybody remembers it. It was originally going to be a fan comic, which was then cancelled because I couldn't download Inkscape - not trusting my lack of ability in MS Paint to make it - and I and turned into a story in the Arts and Craft section, which then died early before it could become an actual story, due to my computer recieving a virus that deleted all my records of how the story was going to go.

That's also the longest sentence I've ever written.

Now, my computer is allowing me to download files, and I've now downloaded Inkscape. Here's one character as an avatar. My least favourite of the cast, actually.

Spoiler
    Show

Also my first OotS style avatar.

Advice on how to improve would be much appreciated. I don't like how the sleeves and wings turned out, but I can't seem to be able to improve them.

Also, I think the dagger's too small, but it looks out of place any larger.
    Last edited by Lither; 2011-05-14 at 11:35 PM.
    Thanks to Terry576 for the avatar !

8. - Top - End - #668
    Bugbear in the Playground

About the dagger, it could look fine bigger, just closer to his side. Daggers only look good in the front if they are worn by people like this fine gentleman.
    Last edited by Teutonic Knight; 2011-05-15 at 12:29 AM.
    Currently playing a "blind" (Miraluka) sniper in a Star Wars SAGA Edition RP

9. - Top - End - #669
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thankyou for that. I fixed it, and now it looks better.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #670
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maybe you want to raise the dagger a little bit? So that the handle is over the belt line but the rest of the blade isn't.

Also since I haven't been uploading anything, here's a treat, the first two avatars I ever made.

and

Since then, I've already remade the first one, now I need to remake the second one.
    Currently playing a "blind" (Miraluka) sniper in a Star Wars SAGA Edition RP

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lither View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not entirely sure what you're going for with the wings, right now they look quite batlike/reptilian - thin layers of skin spread between fingers.

If you're going for feather-wings there are quite a few alternatives;
    Spoiler
    Show

From the comics quite easy-drawn but stylish versions:
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0284.html

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0491.html

To the more complicated forum-versions:

If you're going for bat/reptile wings there are alternatives too, but you're more on the right track there.
    Spoiler
    Show

I prefer having things simple if I can - it usually looks better.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you're going for with the wings, right now they look quite batlike/reptilian - thin layers of skin spread between fingers.
    They're supposed to look like a combination of batlike/ birdlike. Kinda failed, and I have not been able to improve them.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

A combination you say? That's unusual.
    Maybe you could make the top of the wings in feathers, and ending them in skin?
    It would be like keeping the inner most row of feathers in Haruki-kun's wings, maybe moving it slightly higher, and draw out the edges of the wings in spikes of an slightly different colour. (like more greyish than white).

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Soth View Post
    So I played the bejeezus out of Dragon Age: Origins and ended up drawing all companions (save temporary ones).

Here's my work.

Spoiler
    Show

I wonder if Sten approves...

Those are cool. Not sure if i like the dog though.

An avie I made recently.
    Spoiler
    Show

I agree with Krüsher on the shield, also the boots looks 2 dimensional. Try rounding the bottom.

As for Lither´s wings:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

15. - Top - End - #675
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    A combination you say? That's unusual.
    Maybe you could make the top of the wings in feathers, and ending them in skin?
    It would be like keeping the inner most row of feathers in Haruki-kun's wings, maybe moving it slightly higher, and draw out the edges of the wings in spikes of an slightly different colour. (like more greyish than white).

*snip*
    I've tried that, and the end result just looked wierd(-er). Thanks, but I think I prefer it like this.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The sheath looks too black. Unless it's covered in something so black that its edges are hard to see (soot, for example), it's usually better to make black objects dark grey, or to give them a contour in some other color, like this:

Spoiler
    Show

(In retrospect, I could probably still have made the hat with a dark grey instead to define its shape better, even though it could lead to conflicting contours...)

And for the wings, you could try roundening its shape on the top side (á la bird wings) and reducing the number of points on the bottom (á la bat/dragon wings). For the latter, think that each point is connected to a finger, so if it's based on bat wings, then there should be 4 3 points (the thumb is pointed forward as a single claw-thing), although 5 could also work (if you don't want a pointing thumb).

His legs are somewhat widely placed from eachother, it looks as if he's spent most of his life on a horseback.

Also, in most good poses with a staff, it's either balancing on the ground (in which case the character would hold it at least at shoulder level, and/or the staff could be leaning away from him), raised in a dramatic gesture, or held in two hands. I would suggest the first pose.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2011-05-16 at 05:36 PM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #677

On the subject of Lither's wings, your comment about a combination reminded me about the movie Eragon way back when. Terrible movie, but quality aside, the dragon in the movie did have wings that were a combination and in my opinion looked very nice. Something to look into.

@Ninjaman I see what you mean about the boots, seems like an easy fix too. That's what I get for declaring an avatar done at 11:00 at night I suppose. I'll get on that. and that shield is more trouble than it's worth.
    Last edited by KillItWithFire; 2011-05-15 at 07:34 AM.

I am a:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lawful Neutral
    Halfling Wizard/Cleric
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 14
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 14
    Charisma- 12

Those that know ternary,
    those that don't

18. - Top - End - #678

two of mi AR, with simple, but good looking wings
    link to my comic look at spoiler -Update 30.4.13

if you did not understand my contribution - to the cursed Google Talk (and my inability to learn foreign languages)
    Notice - if you lost PonyTars made by me, look here - >
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/PonyAvatars/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

@Ninjaman I see what you mean about the boots, seems like an easy fix too. That's what I get for declaring an avatar done at 11:00 at night I suppose. I'll get on that. and that shield is more trouble than it's worth.
    You're right, no avatar is finished at 23:00. 02:00 at the earliest, otherwise you've just done a hasty job.

EDIT:
    Upon the subject of wings. How complex you should do your wings is a tricky question. I think it all boils down to how much you want them to stand out from the rest. Simpler wings (like those of the avatars Akrim.elf posted) are more like accessories that add to the central figure while not stealing away the attention, while more complex wings (like those of Haruki-kun's avatars) are more eye-catching and thus become a more important features of the creature.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2011-05-15 at 10:23 AM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ettin in the Playground

Depending of the level of Wingsanity you want to get to will depend the result. I normally go with way more detail than it would ever be needed. Think about it as something that you either go full on or don't bother with, going half-way is harder than going full on.

Some examples of my insanity.
    Spoiler
    Show

On Wings

On wing elaboration propper: Wings are normally derived from animal models, as such, you are going to have to see bits of animal biology in the process.

Fey and insectoids.

You use insects for pixies and the like. This are the easiest, they are flat, and they have no internal structural anatomy that is relevant to you, you only have to make a flat image and use skewing and distorting tools to position them, translucency goes great with them and some little vein effects also tie in nicely. Unless you show the back, there is little to worry about with this one.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bat Wings

On the other hand you have to take more organic models if you want other model of wings, bats for reptilesque wings (even though bats are mammals).

When working with this type of wings as a structure that sticks out of the back, you have to add in the anatomy of a wing.

Spoiler
    Show

The first detail is that a wing is an extremity properly given, it is akin and equivalent to an arm, so it actually has joints and bones and whatnot.

Bat wings have 2 turning points, a little break a bit after separating from the body and a second one which starts a curve about half through it.

Also, it has "fingery" extensions with go from the second turning point in an arc, they usually have two, but depending on size, you can could go for more, but it isn't recommendable to go to overboard since it will bee a lot harder to distribute them without it looking crowded.

This "fingers" determine the arcs at the bottom of the wing. In skin proper we have that the start of the wing is the problematic step, you have to determine the distance between the upper line and the bottom edge, bats, since they have it across they back, have it rather large, but you could make it really small, or you could make the upper edge wider, like I did in my Remilia avatar. The upper edge follows the bones, the lower edge forms arcs from "finger" to "finger".

Spoiler
    Show

Finally, bird wings for angel-y wings.

First of all, they suck, they suck bad. Bird wings are the best model we have for angel wings (apart from cosplays which you REALLY don't want to see) and they really aren't that great. While you can trace other types of wings and they won't look that bad, bird wings suck. The main issue is that bird wings are meant to fold INTO the body, think of a duck wings, while angel wings normally are meant to be independent from the body and have an anatomy of sorts.

Second, feathers are a pain to draw, and not drawing them nets either a bottom edge shaped like feathers or something REALLY obtuse. Feathers are annoying to draw since copying them nets a weird, usually suboptimal result and drawing each one of them is painful.

And Last, copying them from previous works means sometimes size will get in the way, or the shape won't be appropiate to that specific body or clothing shape.

With that out of the way...

Avian anatomical models:
    Spoiler
    Show

Because we'll be using the proper terms, here is an image so that you have something to work on.

To begin with, we are not going to touch the scapula, it will normally be hidden by the torso, so ignore it.

As you may have noticed, a bird wing does not really look nice when plastered over a human back, this is mainly due to the proportionality given between the Primaries area and the Secondaries area, the Secondaries are bigger than the primaries, in birds this is good for a number of reasons I won't go into, but for aesthetics on a human, this doesn't look nice since we've got used to seeing the Primaries area be the same size as the body, so you are going to have to extend the alula for quite a bit and extend the primaries area, as well as prolonging the Primary converts.

Spoiler
    Show

As for the actual structure, you have to play around with models of different birds according to pose. The hummingbird model is great if you size it up since it already has the proportions you may want. Other models are great for different poses, sometimes though you will need to violate the usual anatomy and invert the section after the joint (the second turning point, actual carpal joint) to make an arc of sorts.

The last issue to work around is the tridimensionality of the wing. The angel wing is anormal in the sense that it has a curvature and has the ability to fold infront of itself. The first issue and modelling advantage is that the wing can curve to odd angels (see examples), but it also means if you don't take advantage of it, it will look like cardboard. The second issue is that the wing folds in-front of itself when not extended (and an avatar will hardly have them completely extended) which means that the joining of the Marginal coverts and the alula will be a twist, and that the primaries will cover the secondaries, which will lead to poisitioning annoyances. Overcome this two and the look will look great.

Finally, the afterthought... Feathers, patience is key, tracing actual angel wings for feathers is a good idea but not necessary, actual bird wings also work ... sometimes. If you really want though, you can make the feathers REALLY big, akin to the first bird wing anatomy drawing.

EXTRA: Non-Standard Wings - Hybrids

Because it was requested...

It is possible to create wing hybrids easily, in fact, it's actually probably the simplest procedure once you are proficient with the three structures. Creating hybrids is made around changing the overlaid material of the structure.

For example, while retaining the bird wing basic structure, you can replace the bones for an external armour and the feathers for crystaloid shapes as done by Akrim.elf bellow.

Also, a easy way to get angel wings is to use the bat structure but overlay it with feathers, simplifying a number of steps in the process. The inverse is also possible, using the bird structure and tracing around with a fractal edge or a randomized vector path the lower edge of the wing to replace the feathers.

Anyway, that's pretty much all of my knowledge on the subject of wings, hope it helps.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-05-15 at 04:49 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

21. - Top - End - #681

this is nice half - way :)

if you did not understand my contribution - to the cursed Google Talk (and my inability to learn foreign languages)
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #682
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks so much for the discussion on wings. I think it'll help with my next avatar I'm planning. Since I've decided to have at least one wing bent forward to hide part of her body.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

23. - Top - End - #683

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Depending of the level of Wingsanity you want to get to will depend the result. I normally go with way more detail than it would ever be needed. Think about it as something that you either go full on or don't bother with, going half-way is harder than going full on.

Some examples of my insanity.
    Spoiler
    Show

On Wings

On wing elaboration propper: Wings are normally derived from animal models, as such, you are going to have to see bits of animal biology in the process.

Fey and insectoids.

You use insects for pixies and the like. This are the easiest, they are flat, and they have no internal structural anatomy that is relevant to you, you only have to make a flat image and use skewing and distorting tools to position them, translucency goes great with them and some little vein effects also tie in nicely. Unless you show the back, there is little to worry about with this one.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bat Wings

On the other hand you have to take more organic models if you want other model of wings, bats for reptilesque wings (even though bats are mammals).

When working with this type of wings as a structure that sticks out of the back, you have to add in the anatomy of a wing.

Spoiler
    Show

The first detail is that a wing is an extremity properly given, it is akin and equivalent to an arm, so it actually has joints and bones and whatnot.

Bat wings have 2 turning points, a little break a bit after separating from the body and a second one which starts a curve about half through it.

Also, it has "fingery" extensions with go from the second turning point in an arc, they usually have two, but depending on size, you can could go for more, but it isn't recommendable to go to overboard since it will bee a lot harder to distribute them without it looking crowded.

This "fingers" determine the arcs at the bottom of the wing. In skin proper we have that the start of the wing is the problematic step, you have to determine the distance between the upper line and the bottom edge, bats, since they have it across they back, have it rather large, but you could make it really small, or you could make the upper edge wider, like I did in my Remilia avatar. The upper edge follows the bones, the lower edge forms arcs from "finger" to "finger".

Spoiler
    Show

Finally, bird wings for angel-y wings.

First of all, they suck, they suck bad. Bird wings are the best model we have for angel wings (apart from cosplays which you REALLY don't want to see) and they really aren't that great. While you can trace other types of wings and they won't look that bad, bird wings suck. The main issue is that bird wings are meant to fold INTO the body, think of a duck wings, while angel wings normally are meant to be independent from the body and have an anatomy of sorts.

Second, feathers are a pain to draw, and not drawing them nets either a bottom edge shaped like feathers or something REALLY obtuse. Feathers are annoying to draw since copying them nets a weird, usually suboptimal result and drawing each one of them is painful.

And Last, copying them from previous works means sometimes size will get in the way, or the shape won't be appropiate to that specific body or clothing shape.

With that out of the way...

Avian anatomical models:
    Spoiler
    Show

Because we'll be using the proper terms, here is an image so that you have something to work on.

To begin with, we are not going to touch the scapula, it will normally be hidden by the torso, so ignore it.

As you may have noticed, a bird wing does not really look nice when plastered over a human back, this is mainly due to the proportionality given between the Primaries area and the Secondaries area, the Secondaries are bigger than the primaries, in birds this is good for a number of reasons I won't go into, but for aesthetics on a human, this doesn't look nice since we've got used to seeing the Primaries area be the same size as the body, so you are going to have to extend the alula for quite a bit and extend the primaries area, as well as prolonging the Primary converts.

Spoiler
    Show

As for the actual structure, you have to play around with models of different birds according to pose. The hummingbird model is great if you size it up since it already has the proportions you may want. Other models are great for different poses, sometimes though you will need to violate the usual anatomy and invert the section after the joint (the second turning point, actual carpal joint) to make an arc of sorts.

The last issue to work around is the tridimensionality of the wing. The angel wing is anormal in the sense that it has a curvature and has the ability to fold infront of itself. The first issue and modelling advantage is that the wing can curve to odd angels (see examples), but it also means if you don't take advantage of it, it will look like cardboard. The second issue is that the wing folds in-front of itself when not extended (and an avatar will hardly have them completely extended) which means that the joining of the Marginal coverts and the alula will be a twist, and that the primaries will cover the secondaries, which will lead to poisitioning annoyances. Overcome this two and the look will look great.

Finally, the afterthought... Feathers, patience is key, tracing actual angel wings for feathers is a good idea but not necessary, actual bird wings also work ... sometimes. If you really want though, you can make the feathers REALLY big, akin to the first bird wing anatomy drawing.

Anyway, that's pretty much all of my knowledge on the subject of wings, hope it helps.

thanx, is very nice and helpfull, but you forgot for crystal wing .) (little joke)
    Last edited by Akrim.elf; 2011-05-15 at 04:16 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Akrim.elf View Post
    thanx, is very nice and helpfull, but you forgot for crystal wing .) (little joke)
    Added to the list.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-05-15 at 04:50 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've tried that, and the end result just looked wierd(-er). Thanks, but I think I prefer it like this.
    if you want dragon-y wings, feel free to check my sig, or Teddy's, or ninjaman's, those were ones that i made that i thought looked good, while still being simple.

if you want more eagle/bird-like, here's an avatar that i made for someone (they never ended up using it... and i eventually made an edit that made the smile less face-splitting). the wings looked pretty good, but took forever... as was said before it depends on what level of complexity you want in the wings. just note that the dragon wings i made are actually three different pieces. the membrane, the arm, and then the lines going across the membrane. and the feather ones were each individually placed feathers...painful fun - story of my avataring career.
    Avatarist mercenary in the Playground.
    PM me if you would like to enlist my services.
    My previous "Contracts".

Highlord Ship Wyvern
    Aircraft Dragon Carrier in the Playground
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Some week(s) ago, I told you I was working on. Later, I realised that it fitted pretty well with the current IA theme, but as it was here I anounced it, I'll post it here as well;

I'm a bit undecided on what I think of the (celestial war)horse. On one hand, I don't like the a bit too simple OotS horses, but on the other hand, I'm not sure if this sticks out too much from the rest of the picture. Also, horse legs are not my speciality.

Show

27. - Top - End - #687

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Some week(s) ago, I told you I was working on. Later, I realised that it fitted pretty well with the current IA theme, but as it was here I anounced it, I'll post it here as well;

*snip*
    I'm a bit undecided on what I think of the (celestial war)horse. On one hand, I don't like the a bit too simple OotS horses, but on the other hand, I'm not sure if this sticks out too much from the rest of the picture. Also, horse legs are not my speciality.
    The detail on the horse looks fine because the background is a little more detailed, don't think there's anything wrong with that. The horse looks a bit awkward though because he's just sort of staring out into space. Maybe he should be a little more engaged in the scene?

I am a:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lawful Neutral
    Halfling Wizard/Cleric
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 14
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 14
    Charisma- 12

Those that know ternary,
    those that don't

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

The detail on the horse looks fine because the background is a little more detailed, don't think there's anything wrong with that. The horse looks a bit awkward though because he's just sort of staring out into space. Maybe he should be a little more engaged in the scene?
    Well, I was thinking about that too, but as with everything, trying to turn his head outward would have made that part a hundered times harder to make, and I didn't really feel up to it...

EDIT:
    I heeded your advice and improved the horse:

I must say it looks a lot better. What do you think?
    Last edited by Teddy; 2011-05-16 at 04:39 PM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #689
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, I was thinking about that too, but as with everything, trying to turn his head outward would have made that part a hundered times harder to make, and I didn't really feel up to it...

EDIT:
    I heeded your advice and improved the horse:
    *Police-ness*

I must say it looks a lot better. What do you think?
    this looks really good, but it feels lacking in context....what's the caption/title of this marvelous work?

(I really like the newspaper )
    Avatarist mercenary in the Playground.
    PM me if you would like to enlist my services.
    My previous "Contracts".

Highlord Ship Wyvern
    Aircraft Dragon Carrier in the Playground
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vrythas View Post
    this looks really good, but it feels lacking in context....what's the caption/title of this marvelous work?

(I really like the newspaper )
    The title is:
    Would You Be so Kind and Return the Fine Gentleman His Pocket Watch?

There isn't as much story behind this one as usual, but on the other hand, I find it pretty straightforward. Pickpocket, unsuspecting victim and city guardsman (who just happens to be a paladin).

Show