New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Don't forget to post for the Yama family in Soul Society Riccaru.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Whichever you like. The only rule in that regard is that no player should play more than one of:

- Espada
    - Captain OR Vice-Captain.

Fraccion are fine, as they are considerably more numerous.
    I prefer to be an underling so no worries about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    @Vulkan:[/B] You can just resume playing one, or all, of your old characters. They've only been crossed over from the registry because it didn't seem like you'd be coming back - the characters themselves are still there.
    [B]
    I'd of done the same thing. Now to find a place to carefully fit my character. I mean a shape shifter shouldn't make it hard right?

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you everyone for so many response and suggestions! I will try to make a response for each idea:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever
    The one idea I have in my mind at the moment is a spirit of some kind making people at the school forget that Sayaka ever attended the previous year. Of course some people might not be affected. Maybe it even reverses her physical age by a year. (Makes me think of the silly image of Sayaka staring at her chest sorrowfully like a typical anime schoolgirl.)

Perhaps it's mad at her because it haunts the school and her talismans have weakened/hurt it. Maybe its presence is so weak Sayaka can't see it without being first made aware of it and the spirit was hoping she would be able to converse with her since she's a shrine caretaker. Maybe Sayaka has been unknowingly sitting in her seat. Maybe Sayaka looks similar to her and she's just envious of someone who resembles her so much getting to live the regular school life that she had cut short and squandering it by often not attending. Perhaps the ghost took school really seriously and feels Sayaka should be forced to repeat a grade because of her lousy attendance record. It could be the ghost of a very fussy and strong willed class representative.

I don't expect anyone to really like or take these suggestions seriously. They're just the first things to come to mind.
    I think it is an interesting idea for a cause. But maybe some it has feeling of 'extra comic' or something that is only joke for short time because it is solved with normal 悪霊退散.

Actually I especially like idea of [people at the school forget that Sayaka ever attended the previous year.] But to do such an idea, I must ask everyone who has school student character to be affected by this. Maybe spiritual beings like teacher shinigami or Renee or strong spiritual students are not affected (because not very very low spiritual pressure)?

(Of course maybe then there are some player student characters who are still low spiritual pressure. I must ask cooperation of this too). Prime32 had similar idea with 'Hollow that eats history of Sayaka'.

I think I want to try to make a combination of ideas like this.

Maybe the ghost idea might be possible later while [Sayaka change event] already happened. If there is joke story thread, or maybe 'Halloween story thread', maybe it is something good I think to be troublesome to Sayaka. Of course there will be enough humor without this story too I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken
    That drawing is SOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!

Hmm. I would think the best might be a combination of the two. After all, even if she suddenly becomes younger... she still has the same name, overall the same appearance, and the teachers would probably notice there's one student in their class that doesn't belong.

Punishment for her missing so many school days seems like an appropriate measure, though bringing her back one year seems a little... drastic.

So I'd say... it could go something like this:

As a result of a "supernatural incident" (to be determined), Sayaka physically regresses to an earlier age. In order to disguise her condition (she can't very well say she met a Hollow who makes people younger or somesuch, after all), her father comes up with a story of a bizarre medical condition which is undergoing treatment, but which will take a while. Renee then suggests she be placed amid her juniors for the duration of her "treatment", which may very well be the whole year, specially since her record is looking bad for having missed so many classes. Whether the "condition" is public or not, it's up to you, Kasanip.

My suggestion anyway.
    Yes I think it would be a combination too of principal Renee and [supernatural incident] to cause the school situation. Actually I think this idea is very good and what I was thinking of too. But I don't understand:

Whether the "condition" is public or not, it's up to you, Kasanip
    I think students will realize something strange unless it is like nothingclever's suggestion and Prime32's suggestion of 'changing of Sayaka's history.' But maybe then 'cover story' is unnecessary because only strong spiritual characters will remember. Haruaki can talk to Principal Renee to ask her to make sure it is 'smooth change' for faculty too.

But it also asks interesting story questions - if Sayaka's history is changed, does it change papers and class records and uniform? Or must Renee do such a thing? I must ask Draken if such a thing is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken
    If she misses school frequently then perhaps part of the coordinatory staff could decide she needs to redo the previous year to improve grades or some other reason.
    I ask to rely on Renee and teachers's assistance very much. Of course Renee maybe also has other reasons to also use this situation.
    I always think some reasons Sayaka misses school is to keep distance from spiritual presences (like teachers and Renee) in the school. She tries to hide her own nature from them to remain neutral. I think Sayaka always has had uneasy feelings about the teachers (though she maybe doesn't know if any is 'hollow' or 'shinigami' teacher, but it is uncomfortable spiritual presence.

But recently to make lots of trash in the school with many talismans, and probably it is thought to be Sayaka (because of her family), and I think Renee probably knows more of Sayaka than she wants.

Of any situation and your thoughts, I ask for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32
    Or a Hollow could be invented. It could go as far as a Keine ripoff.
    I think this is a good idea for 'making younger'. It also was my thought of 'supernatural incident' and if hollow, then it is understood why Sayaka must fight such a thing and is also [supernatural incident]. If it is to eat her history of one-year before it is beaten, then it works very well. Maybe a little like nothingclever's idea also. Maybe after it happens, normal people have such a changed history of Sayaka, but maybe spiritual beings like teacher shinigami or Renee or strong spiritual students are not affected (because not very very low spiritual pressure)?

Again, I must ask everyone's support for this plan.

Maybe she tries to make herself older (or more... "talented") and it backfires.
    I don't think so. Sayaka is very neutral and likes [normal situation] very much. She has no reason to become older.

Regardless, she has to end up as a kid at some point.

Maybe her soul is separated from her body, and repairing/replacing it makes it younger.
    I don't know how 'repairing' a soul could happen. In BleachITP such a thing was Hazuki's bankai ability, but in this game it can't happen. Replacing a soul is not possible I think. To separate from her body though is possible. It happens to Ichigo and Orihime. Of course it means her body is somewhere else?

Or she must temporarily use a gigai which looks nothing like her (it can't be modified since if she is removed from it she'll die), or just plain switches bodies with someone.
    EDIT: This allows for later plot hooks when the owner of the body or gigai shows up and people recognize them, or Sayaka gets mistaken for a shinigami and dragged off.
    If it is temporary gigai then this idea can involve Viatrix.

Of course Sayaka cannot afford such a thing, so maybe it becomes a 'debt' situation. Maybe if her normal body is injured and to fix it it must be 'reversed' to younger age, but during that time to use gigai? It is an interesting thought. But I don't know how Viatrix could do a situation like this. Also it seems too complicated of idea. I think already age change will present many challenges for Sayaka.

To switch bodies with someone is impossible I think. I cannot ask another person to allow a character to do this.

If you want to be silly, you could have her try to pass herself off as her younger sister.
    I think Sayaka would not try this because she thinks this plan would fail very quickly. Because students who know her know this is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet
    About potential Sayaka plot:

Maybe it could tie in with the end of the Michiko plot? I take it some form of Hollow attack is in order, and we have Asdrubal Arriola just waiting for a place in limelight.

Of course, Michiko's plot is a bit stalled now... which reminds me: would the other students notice Kina and Michiko missing during the day? We could use that to foreshadow the plot before Callos and tgva can get their part done.
    Maybe this plot can. I don't know what Asdrubal Arriola's role in Michiko plot is. Of course I do need assistance of a hollow player, but maybe Asdrubal's power is not useful for this situation? Of course if you have idea please tell me.

I don't think I want to wait for finish of Michiko plot, because one reason is I only have 2 characters in BleachITP: Kazari and Sayaka. Kazari is unable to do anything until Michiko plot continues (she is to also become hostage I think). Because she can't be played until such a time, I don't want to also must wait Sayaka until end of Michiko's plot. Maybe that is one reason to try and make Sayaka more active with this plan now so I can play a character.

Of timing, I think to make it an episode thread.

Maybe now this basic plan seems like this:

① Sayaka must confront a hollow. Maybe other students or characters also become involved?
    ② During the fight with the hollow she is knocked out of her body and it begins to eat her "history." Struggling with this, finally the hollow is beaten.
    ③ When she wakes up in her body again, she realizes she's changed, but not how much.
    ④ To call or talk to friends to inquire or see facts to find out history change
    ⑤ Returning home, Mr. Kondo calls Principal Renee to explain situation and ask for cooperation.
    ⑥ Return to school life of first year student

Of course I do need assistance of hollow player and other players too. If you would like to participate or have more thoughts and ideas, please tell me or send pm also is ok!

I think I will make it an episode thread. (It is first episode thread for me to make I think!).
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground

Given Asdrubal's tendency towards being a sneaky bastard, I can see him manipulating another Hollow into attacking, mostly just for the evulz. He's got even less redeeming qualities than Magatsu, after all. During the confusion, he may snatch another body for himself, possibly a police officer or something otherwise "better" than his current body.

In other news, I'm going to be dealing with a rather tough personal issue this week that I'm really not looking forward to, but it has to be done or else it'll just kind of fester. So I may not be able to post until this weekend or so, if things go badly.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-02-01 at 02:35 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't know how 'repairing' a soul could happen. In BleachITP such a thing was Hazuki's bankai ability, but in this game it can't happen. Replacing a soul is not possible I think. To separate from her body though is possible. It happens to Ichigo and Orihime. Of course it means her body is somewhere else?
    Eh, I wasn't very clear. I mean repairing her body makes it younger.

To switch bodies with someone is impossible I think. I cannot ask another person to allow a character to do this.
    I meant that a new character would be created as the original owner of the body/gigai.

EDIT: Also, I'm lol'ing at how an arrancar could easily grow horns and a tail in its Resurreccion. Maybe the Hollow that attacks Sayaka could be tied in with some plotlines with Ayase that Kuro was talking about...
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-02-01 at 04:53 AM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Eh, I wasn't very clear. I mean repairing her body makes it younger.
    Ok, I see.

I meant that a new character would be created as the original owner of the body/gigai.
    It is an interesting idea I think. But I cannot think of a new character for it (>< )>

EDIT: Also, I'm lol'ing at how an arrancar could easily grow horns and a tail in its Resurreccion. Maybe the Hollow that attacks Sayaka could be tied in with some plotlines with Ayase that Kuro was talking about...
    Of course I am happy to try and make connections. What is the ideas of Ayase and Kuro? Maybe it can be a pm if you want to?

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

It is an interesting idea I think. But I cannot think of a new character for it (>< )>
    I don't think you have to necessarily come up with her. I'm sure Prime or someone else could give a helping hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    With Magatsu, it was hard to tell when he was being cunning and when he was thinking with his sword.
    *snicker* His "sword". Remind me again, what sort of interest does Magatsu have in Suzume?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-02-01 at 08:40 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

Well then, who's up for playing the story-nomming Hollow? I might go a little overboard if I do.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

I nominate Draken. Maybe Gralster can summon back-up or something.

Also, I suggest renaming Episode 6 "Pain and humiliation: will Sora ever catch a break?" XD

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think you have to necessarily come up with her. I'm sure Prime or someone else could give a helping hand.
    Yes I think everyone has been very kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Well then, who's up for playing the story-nomming Hollow? I might go a little overboard if I do.
    I nominate Draken. Maybe Gralster can summon back-up or something.
    I am happy by everyone's support! I don't want to make a burden for anyone. But if you have interest, please send me pm or maybe we can discuss plans here?

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

I am up for the story-nomming hollow. Such a specific ability is also quite in order with what Gralster is meant to arrange at Reene's call.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

But if you have interest, please send me pm or maybe we can discuss plans here?
    I think it's best we discuss things here so that everyone can see how the concept is developing equally well.

One question I think we might want to answer is why the hollow/spirit makes Sayaka younger/erases memories. What motivation would it have for doing so if any? I provided some but they might not fit depending on what we decide the creature will be.

I volunteer to play the role of the creature.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-01 at 10:04 AM.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    I think it's best we discuss things here so that everyone can see how the concept is developing equally well.

One question I think we might want to answer is why the hollow/spirit makes Sayaka younger/erases memories. What motivation would it have for doing so if any?
    Maybe it is a hollow that eats the soul slowly.
    I think there was hollow character who ate memories of characters.

So maybe it is just how it eats the soul. To eat a soul's history until nothing is remaining?
    Maybe such an idea of [Life] and [History] are similar in some ways I think.

So it begins to eat Sayaka, but it is defeated, so only some is lost?

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

I figured if it was an arrancar it would likely have a minion or two it could send ahead, which would help tie in others. (heck, it could be how the kids come to realise there are "bigger fish in the pond")

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I am up for the story-nomming hollow. Such a specific ability is also quite in order with what Gralster is meant to arrange at Reene's call.
    Reene specifically wants to target Sayaka? I'm sure the explanation for that could be interesting... did something happen involving Sayaka in the last year which she wants to reverse? Or maybe she wants to examine her memories of something she saw but didn't think was significant.

Or it could just be "Sayaka attacks arrankeine, is defeated, the hollow is driven off before it can finish draining her". Though the former case would likely be disguised as this.
    EDIT: Sorta-ninja'd.

Is it possible that the hollow is a rogue working for SWORD? (they pay well )
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-02-01 at 10:18 AM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

I think there was hollow character who ate memories of characters.
    There was: Wasureru, Purple Rose's character. Unfortunately, she's not around, but the general concept is workable.

I say our best bets are to go with Asdrubal and Gralster working together (maybe with some third Hollow) to antagonize the students some time during or parallel to Michiko's plot.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Orc in the Playground

Renee might target Sayaka specifically as a sort of warning/threat to the Houheiden Shrine members. Sayaka has been warding the school against Hollows after all - effective or not, I don't think the Hollows would see it as a neutral stance.

It could also be that she presents the easiest target at a given point - her classmates have relatively low spiritual pressure and powers as of right now, so they don't look as appetizing as she does by comparison.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

I say our best bets are to go with Asdrubal and Gralster working together (maybe with some third Hollow) to antagonize the students some time during or parallel to Michiko's plot.
    A mob of weak hollows?

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

It does seem Sayaka's use of talisman in school is against the rules.

She is probably trying to take too much responsibility for other students to try and protect them (or hide spiritual energy with talisman to keep hollow away).
    I think nothingclever had a similar thought before. Sayaka should learn to rely on other students and treat them like friends.

Of course if Renee needs a reason for target Sayaka, maybe Sayaka is investigating too much about hollows in the school (after incident), which is a danger to uncover Renee.

If it is weak hollows, it makes sense to use same Gralster's hollow from first incident.

I don't know why SWORD would arrange such a hollow attack.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

It's all part of The Plan.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Dwarf in the Playground

*snicker* His "sword". Remind me again, what sort of interest does Magatsu have in Suzume?
    ...ew. I don't even want to think about how unhealthy any relationship Magatsu entered would be.

Also, I had a nasty realization. Asdrubal could have a field day messing with Michiko if he reveals that he's basically what's left of Soshi Koan.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-02-01 at 11:17 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

21. - Top - End - #471
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    ...ew. I don't even want to think about how unhealthy any relationship Magatsu entered would be.

Also, I had a nasty realization. Asdrubal could have a field day messing with Michiko if he reveals that he's basically what's left of Soshi Koan.
    Sounds like some Fridge Horror right there...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

It does seem Sayaka's use of talisman in school is against the rules.

She is probably trying to take too much responsibility for other students to try and protect them (or hide spiritual energy with talisman to keep hollow away).
    I think nothingclever had a similar thought before. Sayaka should learn to rely on other students and treat them like friends.

Of course if Renee needs a reason for target Sayaka, maybe Sayaka is investigating too much about hollows in the school (after incident), which is a danger to uncover Renee.

If it is weak hollows, it makes sense to use same Gralster's hollow from first incident.

If it were against the rules Reene would send her to detention. Not sick invisible monsters on her.

I was thinking of something along the lines of an attempt to re-do her memories to make her more compliant or something of the like.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok!

If it is not an episode thread, maybe after school in the Mortal World thread it can happen? It seems at the moment nothing is happening.

I'm sorry, I am excited but also I don't know how to organize this so well. Are there other things I should think of or questions must answer?

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok!

If it is not an episode thread, maybe after school in the Mortal World thread it can happen? It seems at the moment nothing is happening.

I'm sorry, I am excited but also I don't know how to organize this so well. Are there other things I should think of or questions must answer?
    Sounds ideal. After school, walking back home, she gets attacked by the hollow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

So anyone in Hueco Mundo want to speak?

Oh or how about it stalks her and tries to attack her in her household and wrecks the place up trying to get to her? Wait that's still technically after school.
    Last edited by Vulkan; 2011-02-01 at 06:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
    So anyone in Hueco Mundo want to speak?

Oh or how about it stalks her and tries to attack her in her household and wrecks the place up trying to get to her? Wait that's still technically after school.
    The Houheiden Shrine is protected against interference by spiritual beings, both Hollow and Shinigami; so that wouldn't work.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

@ Kuroimaken
    Oh sorry, my bad.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground

No need to apologize, you just didn't know.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Well then the question is who if anyone would come to her aid, or is the hollow going to be defeated or driven off by her alone/leave her for whatever reason after the damage is done?

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, Michiko's plot is a bit stalled now... which reminds me: would the other students notice Kina and Michiko missing during the day? We could use that to foreshadow the plot before Callos and tgva can get their part done.
    Not sure, but I would guess so. Otherwise no one's going to rescue Kina, thus defeating the whole point of the plot.

Also, do Izumi and Kina need to meet, horngeek?

Edit:
    Masaru, Ryouichi, and everyone else who is or was a Captain at any point during Taiki's Captaincy should know where Maggot's Nest is.

Edit2:
    Also, I apologize for my lack of posting in recent time. There is a 4 week period in which I am super, super-busy, and unfortunately it happened to coincide with me needing to do things here. I'm sorry for that. I will try to post more often.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-02-01 at 08:47 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC