New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Actually, before I go further on this: Anyone going to say 'no way' at 'subtle fluctuations in reiatsu indicating emotion'?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

I've already been using that with Fortunato, so...

It would be difficult to object.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-02-27 at 11:22 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds cool. Definitely interesting. I think Nakahiro might provide a different aspect of this sort of "reiatsu reading" idea. Though based on my cursory reading of his Abilities on the bio, I dunno where the scanner came from.

I am really wishing I had given Taiki's powerset to a different character now. His zanpakuto is so interesting to use in battle.

Also, this is totally blastphemy, but I really should get that fourth bio written already. Even though I only have 2 and 1/3rd bios written as it is.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, Nakahiro wouldn't be taken out of the 'sensory' role, mostly because Izumi wouldn't allow Hinata (yes, that's going to be her name) anywhere near the battlefield unless there was absolutely no choice in the matter.

Also, I'm thinking 13 for her age at the moment. A gap, but not that big of one.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-02-27 at 11:48 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

Mind if I make a friend for her? (Oh god I should not be making characters but this idea's been in my head forever.)
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fine with that.

Keep in mind: whatever her origins, she will NOT like Hollow-power based characters on first impression, for fairly obvious reasons given her powers.

"They feel icky."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Actually, before I go further on this: Anyone going to say 'no way' at 'subtle fluctuations in reiatsu indicating emotion'?
    I don't mind it. Particularly if it's a fallible power (i.e. she's not 100% right 100% of the time).

Basically, her being a human lie detector could prove occasionally troublesome, but if she's not much more reliable than a polygraph, there's no reason to say no.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

No, it's not. She's extremely good at subtle fluctuations, but they can always be controlled, and she can always just plain make a mistake, given that not everyone responds the same way emotionally when they lie.

Also, gah. >.<

I've got an idea of her personality, but I'm not sure how exactly to write it up...
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-02-28 at 12:24 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Also, Nakahiro wouldn't be taken out of the 'sensory' role, mostly because Izumi wouldn't allow Hinata (yes, that's going to be her name) anywhere near the battlefield unless there was absolutely no choice in the matter.

Also, I'm thinking 13 for her age at the moment. A gap, but not that big of one.
    Uh..Hinata's the name for Kaito's mom. Just FYI. >_> <_<
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah.

...ummm... not sure of other names...
    *goes to look up the Behind The Name site*

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm... I think that'd be covered by the above, really. In most cases.

Basically, this isn't Naruto.
    See, I'd believe that if blood lust and killing intent haven't been referred to as 'sense-capable' if the one possessing them is feeling them in a large enough quantity. Granted, the sources were Kenpachi and Mayuri (respectively), but my point remains!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

...point. In any case, though, that's not how her powers work. Or rather, she can sense stuff like that, but also more subtle stuff.

Also, her given name has become Chiyoko.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

...point. In any case, though, that's not how her powers work. Or rather, she can sense stuff like that, but also more subtle stuff.

Also, her given name has become Chiyoko.
    I would suggest that her power is focused on more...broad emotions. The normal person isn't actively broadcasting their emotions to the people around them because they aren't feeling any particular feeling that strongly at any given time. It should (in my opinion) be strong emotions that Chiyoko is able to sense, since not only does that leave room for growth in her abilities, but it's also more usable. As is, those who don't feel particularly strongly or those with great control over their emotions aren't going to be broadcasting them anyway which would make this power a bit 'metagamey' if it's able to sense the subtlest of alterations in someone's reiryoku even if that person themselves aren't aware of such changes.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, good point. Yes, her senses will be broad, but still more subtle than was required in the case of Kenny or Mayuri.

And no, I never intended her to be able to tell more about a person than they can themselves.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    So let's put some more details into this. A) who is Reiji charging, B) with what, and C) does he have the evidence and resources to make the charges stick? C) is practically a given, since much of Reiji's advantage in the courts stems from evidence people think are impossible to recover; but that's not an instant win, and Reiji's reputation for ruthlessness as a prosecutor could certainly work against him.
    Kuroimaken:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A) It would have to be a member of Michiko's extended family, for it to have any actual impact on Michiko herself or for her to even hear about it in the first place. Probably a cousin or uncle. (If you want, I can think something up real fast). B) Hmm...Smuggling? Assault? Blackmail? C) I would say he does, but not well? Maybe Reiji's just trying to shake the tree and rattle the yakuza, to see if he can prompt them to make some mistakes that he can actually use to get at ACTUALLY important members of the gang (Michiko's father, by the way yakuza groups ((or any organized crime really)), is all but untouchable legally until his support structure is taken out from under him, this could very well be a start in that direction).

Everyone:
    Michiko's connection to the yakuza isn't common fact, just a rumor (among others) passed around among the students based on the way most of the (ordinary) teachers seem scared to scold/reprise/try-and-reign-her-in. It's the same kind of rumor you see high school kids passing around about anyone who's mysterious and quiet in school. What's far more concrete is her delinquency and refusal to conform in a society that prizes conformity above lots of other things, and the existence of a gang of delinquents that Michiko is 'friends' with one of them (Yuudai). I don't know if that's enough to drive people away from her who don't like organized crime, but I thought I'd just spell this bit out first. Revised order of events...

• Michiko tries to convince kids the 'rationale' way, though not in her usually more charismatic manner because of recent death of Soshi and agitated home life.
    • Kids refuse so Michiko tries to prove that they need to band together under her/tries the 'beat sense into them' approach using her gang.
    • Resorts to kidnapping Kina and Hazuki after repeated failures causing frustration to force a confrontation.

That's it at it's most simple anyway, skipping a lot of detail. Also, I'm not sure about Beck Moon_Wolf...I could have sworn that you and I had something worked out between Beck and Michiko, but damned if I can remember it.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-02-28 at 02:25 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

I'd almost offer Chiyoko for the kidnapping... but there are several problems with that that I can see right away.

The most obvious is that Izumi is going to react a lot stronger to Michiko kidnapping her blind sister. I could get around that, though...
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-02-28 at 02:43 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Mind if I make a friend for her? (Oh god I should not be making characters but this idea's been in my head forever.)
    Maybe they can be friends of Kazari since it is same age?

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post

• Michiko tries to convince kids the 'rationale' way, though not in her usually more charismatic manner because of recent death of Soshi and agitated home life.
    • Kids refuse so Michiko tries to prove that they need to band together under her/tries the 'beat sense into them' approach using her gang.
    • Resorts to kidnapping Kina and Hazuki after repeated failures causing frustration to force a confrontation.

Kazari. Hazuki is a different game character.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2011-02-28 at 03:41 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Maybe they can be friends of Kazari since it is same age?
    Yep!

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Titan in the Playground

That reminds me, I think I'm gonna gear one of my character concepts to have a kitty form, but without Yoruichi's wardrobe malfunctions.
    *sneezes*
    Gesundheit.
    The most obvious is that Izumi is going to react a lot stronger to Michiko kidnapping her blind sister. I could get around that, though...
    Nah. Just buy a black mask and cape, and start practicing your dramatic poses.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

I dun get it.

On the other hand, it doesn't work that well in part because Michiko doesn't know Izumi's a Substitute Shinigami. Or that she has powers at all. So, scrap that idea.

...also, sending off a PM now, Prime.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

So, any comments on Chiyoko? I've put her up on the wiki.

I know her personality isn't very well-done. I know what her personality is, I just don't know how to describe it. >.<

Also, I assume she'd go to... middle school?

See, in Australia, we don't have middle school. We've got Primary School, High School, then Uni/TAFE/whatever else. So, I'm confused on the whole system.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-02-28 at 07:12 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Kuroimaken:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A) It would have to be a member of Michiko's extended family, for it to have any actual impact on Michiko herself or for her to even hear about it in the first place. Probably a cousin or uncle. (If you want, I can think something up real fast). B) Hmm...Smuggling? Assault? Blackmail? C) I would say he does, but not well? Maybe Reiji's just trying to shake the tree and rattle the yakuza, to see if he can prompt them to make some mistakes that he can actually use to get at ACTUALLY important members of the gang (Michiko's father, by the way yakuza groups ((or any organized crime really)), is all but untouchable legally until his support structure is taken out from under him, this could very well be a start in that direction).

A) I'd appreciate it if you did. Michiko's your character, I wouldn't feel well making up members of her family. B) Keep in mind that "simpler" crimes (like murder) carry a pretty high sentence to go with them. Even though Japan is noticeably more lenient in the sentencing phase with those who plead guilty (the sentences are usually cut by half in those cases), he'd still be facing hard time, and unlike what happens in Brazil (yep, our prison system sucks) he'd be useless as a gang member in jail. C) Reiji being the kind of guy he is, he probably wouldn't try to arrest the cousin/uncle unless he was sure he could nail him. Of course, even with evidence up the wazoo, sometimes people walk. Perhaps a patsy is arranged and made to take the fall for it. Reiji would later find out that the guy had been paid off or threatened to take the fall, but until then the cousin/uncle (we really need a name for this character) goes free.

@Prime: No, no, I mean change into a full kitty, not merge with one.

And he certainly won't be pink.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

So, if Chiyoko travelled to Soul Society would there be enough ambient reiatsu for her to "see" inanimate objects?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-02-28 at 09:16 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd almost offer Chiyoko for the kidnapping... but there are several problems with that that I can see right away.

Yeah, it makes Michiko sound awfully bad even if she doesn't plan to ever let her come to any actual harm. What's next, hijacking a delivery of milk to an orphanage? :P

On the other hand, as you said, you could get around that. You could have her sense that Michiko is awfully sad/anxious/confused/frightened/feeling ironically cornered despite pressuring others and that there is some truth to the good intentions she claims to have.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-28 at 09:24 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ettin in the Playground

I second the emotion-sensing.

That reminds me, I think I'm gonna gear one of my character concepts to have a kitty form, but without Yoruichi's wardrobe malfunctions.
    That reminds me, Elder could theoretically possess a small animal. It'd come complete with wardrobe malfunction, since Elder's current spiritual form has no clothes. Of course, her other qualities tend to distract people from that fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    How about "killing intent?" It sounds silly, but it'd be useful. Y'know being able to sense when she and possibly others are about to be attacked by sentient beings. I love cheesy stuff like that.
    Reiatsu kind of doubles as "killing intent" already. For example, it's hard not to tell if Elder's going to kill you dead when surrounding air becomes filled with suffocating goo.

@horngeek (and others): Is there a mention of the new character in the registry? Remember to poke me if I don't notice to update the first post.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Nah. Just buy a black mask and cape, and start practicing your dramatic poses.
    I second this. Hold not back your burning desire for justice. Let it grow without restriction so that it may consume and destroy any weaknesses you have within. Then you can fight evil without hesitation or regret!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Reiatsu kind of doubles as "killing intent" already. For example, it's hard not to tell if Elder's going to kill you dead when surrounding air becomes filled with suffocating goo.
    I know, I just figured I'd mention it as a specific ability on its own if broad emotion sensing wasn't liked. Plus it could be useful for spotting any mundane nogoodniks that don't emit reiatsu and possibly be used even when beings that emit it conceal it.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-28 at 09:35 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

Bringing back up a concept I suggested for the Enclave in the last game, of a mute constantly surrounded by cutting winds that leave her clothes in rags; she can see into the future and writes her visions on stone tablets.

Since one sister has wind powers...

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Sounds cool. Definitely interesting. I think Nakahiro might provide a different aspect of this sort of "reiatsu reading" idea. Though based on my cursory reading of his Abilities on the bio, I dunno where the scanner came from.
    The scanner is the effect of Lancelot on Nakahiro's glasses. It gives him a readout on the target's power level and Reiatsu distribution, which can sometimes allow him to extrapolate some information about their abilities.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, I assume she'd go to... middle school?
    She'd be in junior high school since she's the same age as Kazari. Oh yeah, and if the two of them are friends she could know my character Ren who acts as her brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    constantly surrounded by cutting winds that leave her clothes in rags
    Heh, lot of talk about clothing shenanigans today. Who needs clothing though when you're eternally bathed in the blinding light of righteousness?
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-28 at 09:54 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    The scanner is the effect of Lancelot on Nakahiro's glasses. It gives him a readout on the target's power level and Reiatsu distribution, which can sometimes allow him to extrapolate some information about their abilities.
    Which is why I want him to scan some of the more powerful characters, for that special luvin' feeling. XD

@Callos & Co: where in the timeline should I put the current school scene? Is it okay if I just put it down on Day 7?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."