New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Things are about to change (IC)

The tavern you find yourself in is the same that you have been visiting for the past few years, gathering together with friends - playing games of chance or sneaking drinks as the bartender turned his head. But now it was different, the hard childhood you had known has slipped past and now you find yourself sitting about wondering what was next?

((IC thread: For your first post, make a brief* description of your character as well as a link to your character sheet.))

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Things are about to change (IC)

Org sat there, lamenting his past. How his camp had burned down and he had been left alone. How he had searched far and wide for those who destroyed all he held dear. Revenge. He would find them and have his revenge. Sweet revenge. Revenge as sweet as a fresh berry in the forest. As painful and beautiful as a rose. Nature too was harmed with the fire. He had heard many trees moaning as they slowly passed away. They would have revenge together, he and nature. (and that, is now my backstory)
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Zurkon is having his sixth ale and loudly talking and laughing.
    Nothing's better than this to honor his god...
    and it helps forgetting your past
    Zurkon, still a kid at that time, had seen his parents run into battle singing battlecries for Hanseath, running towards the enemy and face them with pride and courage
    sadly that's often not enough.
    It took years for Zurkon to accept his parent's death as something natural, and sought help in the local temple. There he was accepted as an acolyte (which meant only carrying barrels of beer around for the feasts), and he began his training as a cleric; when he pronunced the whole Prayer in a burp, he was finally acepted.
    Now, Zurkon only seeks justice, revenge, chaos
    And another pint, maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dwin stands on a stool to try and reach his human sized mug of ale with a very happy grin on his face, happiness was pretty hard to find in this place but Dwin always managed to enjoy the little things. Looking around the bar holding the tankard in two hands he scans the room for anyone he recognises.

He was just a baby when he was brought to town by his mother who somehow avoided attack by the bandits, she said that it was because he just so cute as child they bandits couldnt attack them. Originally thinking this was just his mother trying to lighten the mood the discovery of his sorcerous powers seem to suggest otherwise.
    Mojave, Mo' Problems.

My Post apocalyptic campaign setting for Legend: Shattered Lands

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

kael sits at the bar and orders a hot cider.

the smell of new rain, mud, and the stench of blood-matted fur is as fresh as that day...

weeks ago, my kin hastily set up camp during a torrential storm. in between the crashes of lightning and the pounding thunder, the filthy gobs swarmed our camp. though we spent our lives patrolling the borders of our home same, these gobs were different... organized... and almost fearless. worgs and wolves tore through our ranks and the world exploded as i loosed the lifeblood from one of their mounts only to have it bury me beneath its shuddering hide.

upon awakening i discovered that my sword arm was broken from the impact and my family were... vanished. the field showed many dead demi-humans and beasts as well as the remains of our camp. a weapon here, remnants of clothing there told me that my kin had been stolen away and i was overlooked, covered by the hide.

exiled from any town within 3-days ride of groucester, i've kept a low profile these last few weeks as i tend to my wounds and plan to go afield again: to serve my duty and seek out my family.

perhaps these new companions will provide the strength and insight necessary for the coming challenges.

inhaling the sticky sweet aroma, he takes a slow pull from the tankard and flexes his formerly-injured arm.
    Last edited by ultravioletspy; 2011-01-09 at 06:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

"Another pint." Org says to the barkeeper, determined to out-drink the dwarf.
    Last edited by firemagehao; 2011-01-09 at 06:06 PM.

(*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

mmh, orcs
    I never liked'em
    And he is even convinced he can drink more than me..
    Where i come from, one would have said "another barrel

I'll just let that pass; he doesn't even deserve my attention.. and this damn human beer costs so much.. i should really get back to brewing my own...
    Meh, naah, for good it may be, it's too boring.. beer is not satisfactory to slash with my axe..

(And there we go, one stereotypical dwarf, coming up! :P )
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2011-01-09 at 06:38 PM.
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Wolf Paw sat hunched over his pint of ale staring morosely into it with little care to his surroundings.
    It had been three months since the vision and Wolf Paw wished he had never had it. Even as his mind thought of it a flash of the man who had appeared came to him, his piercing green eyes seeming to see to his very soul.
    The man had simply told him that he needed to "walk till you stand on the horizon".

The next day Wolf set off with all his things and headed South.
    After his first day's travel he had felt so homesick that he resolved to return home to his tribe, but approaching the site where they had made camp he noticed smokey plumes rising into the afternoon air. When he entered the clearing he could not believe the carnage before him, bodies of friends and family strewn across the ground, his hut lie burnt to the ground with his father cut down at the door.
    Wolf spent a day burying his family, saying what little rites he knew. he did not stay long knowing that the green eyed man had saved him for a reason. But he wished to the Gods that he hadn't.

9. - Top - End - #9

Scanning the scene Dwin spots Wolf Paw alone at a table and decides to head over. "Its never good to drink alone my mother used to say" He says happily as he hops onto the chair opposite trying not to spill his rather large ale
    Mojave, Mo' Problems.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

It was 18th of Reaping and late afternoon, much of the day had past by already and evening dinner was already driving out the smells of lunch and the afternoon.

The tavern was perhaps half-full now and slowly filling for its evening gathering of those who drank or preferred the tavern's cook to their own cooking. The noise had increased a notch as well, from quiet whispering to a low dull and now bordering on level of noise one could not think while it occurred around them but at the same time their own conversations focused enough to drown out the noise.

A few games of darts were being played by a few locals as well as the sound of bone dice being tossed on a few surrounding tables. The tavern lacked an outside form of entertainment but many perhaps preferred that and enjoyed what little could be had from the stew (whatever meat the cook had dropped into his bland watery liquid). What was notable was the bread, which the owner of the establishment went out of his way to ensure was of the best that could be had for the area.

Most of those that gathered around the tables and booths were locals, but the individual that had stepped inside the tavern was notably not a local. His dull cloak had seen better days, torn here and covered in splotches of mud. His heavy boots were covered in hard mud as well, though much of the mud had flaked off and only the outlines revealed that the boot's wearer had tread in territory outside of the standard roads. His dress was indicative of a ranger and his mannerisms held much of the same.

What was perhaps more notable, his presence was not registered by many and those that did note his appearance shifted back to whatever they were doing before the door had closed fully. He moved over toward the board hung near the door, hung a notice and as quickly as he had arrived the door was closing behind him as he left the tavern.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

(kay, time go get in charachter :P )

Zurkon sees the man, promptly stands up and yells to him:
    Oh oh, what do we got here?
    my friend, you look like you've been swimming in mud til now!
    come here i'll offer ya a round...

(orders beer for both
    Praise Hanseath!
    So yeah. your wrong.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

The man hesitates for but a moment as he looks over across the room at the person who called out for him. His facial expression is one of someone tired or even exhausted but with a hint of something driving the man. He nods a quick negative as he continues out the door. It closes behind him causing the gust of wind to swirl about fluttering the paper he had hung on the board.

The bartender drops the round of drinks off at the table as he notices Zurkon's gaze, he shakes his head slightly, "Wanderer mostly, comes and goes - delivers notices for the those that rule this province."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Wolf looks up at the halfling and nods slowly. "wise words small one."

14. - Top - End - #14

"Well I thought so! Hey Wolfy would ya look at that?" Dwin takes a big swig of ale and hops from his chair and goes to investigate the paper.
    Mojave, Mo' Problems.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

the swirl caused by the wanderer's exit releases kael from his reverie and he gets up to look at the posting.

what make you of this, dwin?
    a stranger appears with this writ then disappears... unseen or ignored?
    either this is our good fortune or an ill-omen best left undisturbed.

or maybe, it bears news of the recent attacks and information useful for my quest.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

"is of no matter Dwin, fools errand at best" stirred by the conversation Wolf drains his pint and moves to the bar to order another.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

The writ was a confirmation of rumors that have been circulating around the area lately. Numerous humanoids in the area were banding together and attacking farms, hamlets, villages and even towns. Senningford had been spared so far from the attacks but this posting indicated that those in charge were desperate for any information.

The paper indicated that anyone with information to the whereabouts of these fugitive humanoids should report the location immediately. Anyone harboring these fugitives will be treated with similar fashion as the fugitives themselves.

The writ indicated that a particular ogre going by the name of Uskos was gathering a sizable army in the Bluff Hills region. A bounty will be paid to anyone who can capture this ogre dead or alive.

All those interested should travel to Fort Little in Bluff Hills, which was some 50 miles north of Senningford (about 2 to 3 days travel on foot).
    Last edited by ShadowHawke; 2011-01-26 at 11:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Dwin recites the notice to anyone listening in the bar. "Well a dark cloaked stranger enters a tavern and puts that on the wall.. You would have to be downright foolish to go for anything like that" Dwin raises an eyebrow and smirks at Wolf and Zorkin "I know I am, what about you?"
    Last edited by GodGoblin; 2011-01-12 at 05:23 AM.
    Mojave, Mo' Problems.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Did i hear ogre?

Zurkon joins the discussion
    arg, i hate'em ogres.
    i wouldn't forgive meself if i let ye smash him stupid face without me!
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2011-01-12 at 06:40 AM.
    So yeah. your wrong.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Wolf perks up a bit, and with a hint of a smile says "small one, you cannot face one so big alone." He moves towards his previous seat and relaxes into the chair.

21. - Top - End - #21

"Well thats three of us, What do you say kael, how about a bit of an adventure to liven things up? And Org, we could use your talents too. Lets face it, none of us have ever really called this place home, maybe its time to move on?" He says as he wanders back to his table and starts on the ale again.
    Mojave, Mo' Problems.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

eyes gleaming: wherever there are gobs, you will find my steel. besides, i too tire of sitting.

if this ogre - uskos? - is behind the organized raids, he could be holding my family. i MUST pursue this lead.

kael returns to his cider and downs it in one gulp. when do we leave?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

"The Great Traveller starts his journeys at first light"

24. - Top - End - #24

Org joins in, holding yet another ale, "Lets smash things now. Lets go."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

The group considers the late afternoon, the changing weather - the smell of rain for the evening and decide that another night is best. The small group drinks and chats throughout the evening as they get to know each other a little better before the journey. The afternoon passes by as the group fellowship and before long the stars begin to light up the night sky.

The bartender of the tavern eventually tires of the small group, but he realizing you have no where to stay the evening he allows everyone to crash for the evening in one of the side rooms.

Morning comes and the bartender offers what would be considered a warm breakfast though the small group realizes this tavern is not quite up there in the long list of places that draw crowds, or perhaps it draws the right sort of crowds with its cheap alcohol, food and lodgings.

The group pays the man for his troubles and they venture forth in to the region around them heading north towards the Bluff Hills. The hours pass by as the group walks an average pace as they move across the wilderness, Kael becomes valuable in his ability to track and determine what path the group should continue to take.

About mid-afternoon he drops to a kneel as he signals everyone else to do likewise as a pride of lions pass by. Not wishing to tangle with the beasts the group waits a brief moment before moving on.

As Kael locates a suitable camp site for the evening, the rains once again begin to pour. Makeshift tents and a rock outcropping allows the group to keep dry and build a fire for the evening meal. The night passes by with no event.

REAPING 20

Keal indicates it will take about 1 or 2 more days to make it to the Fort Little.

DM NOTE: The food, drinks and lodging amounted to 2 gp. Decide how it should be paid up. I will break at this point to allow any conversations to develop and if none - I will move the party along to the fort.
    Last edited by ShadowHawke; 2011-01-13 at 09:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

"Seriously this walking lark hard for us small folk!" Dwin says panting with his hands on his knees "How much further?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh and ill throw my 4 silvers into the pot
    Last edited by GodGoblin; 2011-01-14 at 05:42 AM.
    Mojave, Mo' Problems.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

"come small one, the way is far to go yet"

Spoiler
    Show
    i'll put 5 silver in too

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

pant... why am i doing his again?

Spoiler
    Show
    Zurkon drops his 4 sp too
    So yeah. your wrong.

29. - Top - End - #29

"When can we smash?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Org tosses: 6 and 1/2 copper pieces, 2 and one third silver pieces, and what once may have been a gold piece (you can't tell) in.
    Last edited by firemagehao; 2011-01-14 at 05:37 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

"Patience Org there will be many fights to come"