Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1520
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [3.5] Tomb of Horrors

The Apprentice smiles.
    "Why aren't you Raising your comrades?"
    "They weren't the most useful... And we think they'd rather enjoy whatever the Gods and the afterlife would like to afford them... What about you guys? Is this it? Just the three of you?", this is Harley speaking.
    His bandanna droops over one of his bright blue eyes.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The cleric holds out his hands once more, and closes his eyes, chanting...
    The aura and ring of healing spreads out, washing over Eduardo, Maki, Jake and himself to heal their wounds...

Five Cure Moderate Wounds, from Quin's five Second Level spells, and an additional two First Level spells, cure a total of 188 Hit Points of Damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I noticed Mythweavers allows you to download sheets...
    Spoiler
    Show

In case it goes down again, could you guys link me to copies?

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I doubt I'm going to make it online until Monday...
    I suppose you guys could use this time to roleplay any introductions, and arrange any out-of-character strategies or whatever.
    By Monday, at latest, let's get you all moving!

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Firbolg in the Playground

Welby tried to focuse his eyes and found it hard. Uf! He though and shook his head a bit. Too much was happening too quickly. And a bunch of dudes just showed up when he was not that sure if he knew the dudes already here.

The Halfling gathered all his bravery. He brought his hands out of the folds of his robes. He cracked his fingers and set his mind and personality in motion for what was about to happen.

As Arcane words lay just behind his tongue ready to be spoken he took a few steps towards the strangers and pointed his fingers in a threatening manner.

"HELLO! I AM WELBY!" he yelled and the finger was joined by four more as he waved at them excitedly
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Really?
    Only ONE person posted?
    ><

The Apprentice looks surprised to see that a 14-year old is part of the original party, but she decides to say nothing...
    It also helps with Shudu's appearance in the Tomb via teleportation.
    He pops into reality, falling into a heap upon the floor next to the rest of his party.
    Shudu takes
    (2d10+4)[11] HPs of Teleportation Mishap damage!

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Ouch." Shudu states plainly, then looking up at the others with great surprise, he gathered his wits and made a smile with the corner of his mouth "Ah, so you are the adventurers who made such a mess of the start of this tomb, and I see you haven't faired well.."
    He walks up to the other adventurers down the hallway and stopped about five feet away. He stuck his hand out slowly and asked, "And who might be the leader of this troupe?"

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"What do you mean by mess?" Harley asks, he jerks a thumb toward Quin and Jake, "That'd be them two! And we're a rescuing party! Not a 'troupe'!"
    Daina, bow in hand, takes Shudu's hand and shakes it politely.

8. - Top - End - #1358

"I am the obvious leader! And also you missed my introduction" Said the 14 year old 3 foot tall halfling.

He snaps his fingers and smiles

"I AM WELBY!"

he coughs as yelling makes his throat sore but it is worth it. Along with a snap of his fingers the sound seems to multiply in the underground cavern complex and taking on a life of its own.

The effect is not as much intimidating as ... strange and somehow appealing.

Spoiler
    Show

For the new comers... Welby has ... a strange personality... but most importantly to decipher the above statements he has Charisma 24.

...and megalomania.

oh and he casts Ghost Sound (0-level illusion) making the name resound in the caverns at a high pitch.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-02-28 at 12:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Maki looks as Shudu appears the same way they did and makes a comment.

"Why would we even NEED a leader? Wouldn't it make more sence if we decided things as a group i mean our lives ARE constantly on the line here... "
    Last edited by Misaat; 2011-02-28 at 12:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1360

"Have you ever seen a wolf pack fight Maki? They are cunning, stealthy, and organized. That is why they are more fearsome to man then bears or the like." Shudu says, without looking at the barbarian. He shakes the hand of the halfling and smiles, "You understand this, dont you Welby?"

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pharrah doesn't look at all impressed by Welby's antics, and steps up from the bodies of Snake and Bob, "Well, since we're all here... We may as well journey through the Tomb together! Strength in numbers!"

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Samfool View Post
    "Have you ever seen a wolf pack fight Maki? They are cunning, stealthy, and organized. That is why they are more fearsome to man then bears or the like." Shudu says, without looking at the barbarian. He shakes the hand of the halfling and smiles, "You understand this, dont you Welby?"
    " They are also animals... Humans (and other races) have inteligence that allows them to stand out before different situations. A leader would cut the creativity of the group and eventually make its decisions predictable. Well that being said there Are generals in armys and squad leaders... Maybe for combat situations it would be good to have someone knowledgable in battle tactics to lead the group... Also im pretty sure i hance fought off a wolf pack with a rock... Just saying "
    Last edited by Misaat; 2011-02-28 at 12:42 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1363

"Fair enough Maki" Shudu says, spinning on his heel to face the barbarian, "If there happens to be a leader, you can go off on your own. Lets see how well you fare then."

Shudu gets closer to Maki as he speaks, not threateningly, just with an aura of almost nobility. A warrior's code long instilled in his blood. He speaks this final quote he had heard his father speak to him, "The strength of a tapestry is not from the number of strands, but the bond that links them."

14. - Top - End - #1364

"Too much freedom is not good for anyone. I agree with this one" he says and points at the man with whom he just shook hands.

"Conceptually a group fo people could decide all together but your human nature does not let you operate like this. Its why humans are doomed and halfling will eventually take over the world. It is good to have opinions and it is good to take councel from those you lead, but in the end only one must be the decider. Otherwise there is chaos and anarcy" said Welby trying to figure out where that came from... oh well... he thought it did sound reasonable!

"So lets go kill this gay lich! er sorry no thats wrong... he is a DEMI-lich which as well all know means half a lich! So can you imagine how ugly he will be? Half of him will be preserved from undeath and the other half will be all mushy and decomposing and stuff. But dont worry... we will get him good..." he says and pauses for a moment...

"YOU HEAR THAT ACECERERAK? I AM STILL COMING TO GET YOU!!!! YOU CAN HIDE ALL YOU WANT BUT WELBY 'THE CLOAK' BOLGER AND HIS UNSTOPPABLE FRIENDS ARE COMING FOR YOU!!!" the halfling screamed.

15. - Top - End - #1365

"HUZZAH!" screams Shudu in turn, enjoying the bold nature of the young halfling, "When you are all ready, we shall march unto this tomb, crushing all that are in our way!"

Shudu tilts his head back and lets out a war cry and pounds his chest excitedly.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Harley and Daina describe the layout of the hall that they've managed to uncover...
    "The arch you guys came through is supposed to Teleport you into a room with a gargoyle statue..."
    "But she and Quin set off a trap..."
    "We managed to escape AND get the secret gem..."
    "Nonetheles, the room filled with sand-so now the arch's magic deposits you here..."
    "That room over there, used to be some wizard's workroom... For Acererak's contractor... After Acererak got annoyed by him, he put the contractor's brain into a jar! But Quin torched the room!"
    "Then our party got back together, and we found that some of the spheres on the wall, are actually illusionary veils! Some are trapped... And others lead elsewhere!"
    "Welby found one that leads into a room, with three chest..."
    Daina begins to drool, "A wooden one, and a silver one-trapped of course, and HARLEY set off one of them, and the silver one let out a four-armed stone golem! And so we killed that..."
    "But there's still the-"
    "MY GOLD CHEST!"
    "Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Anyways, that's all I know of..."
    "And yeah, another passage Quin and I found led into this Chapel of Evill...
    As far as we know, the Chapel or that arch at the end of this hall are the only ways out."

So, what will it be, bold adventurers? A golden chest? Another arch? Or from the Great Hall of Spheres into the Chapel of Evil!

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Maki drops his shoulders.

" Sigh... all right all right i see you are pretty hung up on the whole leader thing just try not to get us killed ok? ... Also im pretty sure i could beat a tapestry to... Maybe not if it where made of wool... im allergic to wool... "

Saying that he turns to face the doors.

" So now where do we go? "

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Maki can see that the doors have been shattered off their hinges and reduced to rubble not suitable for toothpicks. Behind each one is a blank stretch of dungeon stone! False doors!

19. - Top - End - #1369

"What of these spheres? Some are trapped? How do you know?" Shudu hurriedly questions, "And the archway? What do those look like? And what was that about a golden chest?"

Everyone can see he is getting excited about the prospect of moving foreward into the tomb..

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

What stopped your progress? Why have you not already fully explored the room with the chest and the chapel of evil?
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show

Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The murals...
    Spoiler
    Show

West wall, from north to south:
    GOLD sphere held above head by a naga.Black sand appears to have poured through the sphere in an IMPOSSIBLE manner... Led to a room with a familiar statue that is now filled with equally familiar black sand...
    ORANGE sphere held waist high by a mummy. An illusory sphere hiding a door!
    PURPLE sphere held at feet by a minotaur.
    BRONZE sphere held waist high by a nymph.
    GRAYsphere held at shoulder by an owlbear.
    BRIGHT BLUE sphere held at feet by a sahuagin.
    WHITE sphere held above head by a red slaad.
    TURQUOISE sphere held at shoulder by a satyr.
    SCARLET sphere held waist high by a mind flayer.
    PALE GREEN sphere held at feet by a medusa.

East wall, from north to south:
    PALE BLUE sphere held at shoulder by a werewolf.
    SILVER sphere held at feet by a four-armed gargoyle.
    GREEN sphere held high above head by a half-orc. Just a green sphere, held by a half-orc...
    YELLOW sphere held at shoulder by a falconheaded creature. Just a sphere.
    PINK sphere held high above head by a yuan-ti.
    BLACK sphere held at feet by a hydra. An illusory veil which led to a Chapel of Evil through a convoluted crawlway...
    PALE VIOLETTsphere held at shoulder by a kuo-toa.
    RED sphere held waist high by a skeleton. Another illusory veil covering another crawlway headed east!
    Ochre sphere held at feet by a white- bearded human wizard.
    INDIGO sphere held high above head by a batwinged woman

Character Appearances
    Spoiler
    Show

Jake Smith, the Bard

Welby Bolger, Halfling Sorceror

Dranga Skaldsdotter, Dwarf Wizard

Shudu, Honorbound Scout

Maki, the Barbarian

Eduardo, Master of Death

Pharrah, The Apprentice

Daina, Rogue-of-questionable-ability

Harley, sans concealing headband and disguise
    No character appearance for Quin; he's an enigma!

Having completed her spell preparation, Dranga answers Eduardo's questions, "We deafeated the golem within, but decided to rest first, since it nearly killed Jake and we were low on spells, and in all likelihood-it's trapped too..."
    Daina sticks her tongue out at the dwarf who smiles.
    "And Quin and I decided to return from the Chapel to find our friends-it's trapped too! Poison gas in the pews! There's an arch in there too!"

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Surely between us we have the power to withstand poison gas?
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show

Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

23. - Top - End - #1373

"Well, before we go off and get killed, we will have to rest. I will take the first watch, for I only need to sleep about two hours to receive the benefits you do in eight from sleeping." He waves a hand in the air with a dull-gold ring with engravings on it, "Who will take watch whilst I sleep?"

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"We JUST got up from a rest that got us killed!?!?!?"
    Seriously, what possible reason could Shudu have to need rest? He wasn't even wounded!
    "Don't worry, I set of-disabled one of the traps, and located the other one, if nobody touches it, we should be fine!"

25. - Top - End - #1375

It was more for everyone else >.>

And I took 11 dmg from the teleporter i think 0.o
    "I will be up regardles.." Shudu says
    Last edited by Samfool; 2011-02-28 at 02:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

What's 11 HPs? Quin has a BONUS to heals that big.
    "You can sit out if you want too... I'm going to check out that che-"
    Harley rolls his eyes, "I'll go with you Daina-a real thief should make sure you don't get yourself killed..."

She sniffs, and turns to head for the red sphere, "Fine, anybody else want to watch?"

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

True dat if someone needs to rest it would be me XD But since im already cured and still have one more rage and about 5 more turns in the boots of speed ill say im good to go...
    " Well the golden chest may be another trap but it may also have something to help us defeat upcoming enemys... "

Like some goddamn deathstrike bracers to help me crit these undeads XD
    " But really that is not for me to decide..."

Maki turns to Shudu and Welby.

" So what do you think we should do after resting? "

28. - Top - End - #1378

Welby remembered! He had seen this episode before! This was how it started last time.

"The next person to talk about, think about or even go near those chests will die by my hand. In the case of you two" he said pointing at Harley and Diana "it will be the second time you die cause of it... " he let that hang for a moment.

"I suggest we check the Temple of Evil and if there is nothing there we can do then we check the golden chest. As you can imagine if the silver chest and the wooden chest are THAT dangerous... the gold will be the worst."

Welby seemed serious.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Harley and Daina scowl.
    They may have accepted Welby as a party member...
    ...but being threatened by him doesn't sit well with either of them.
    Harley snarls, "If what my senses told me is right, we were killed by something totally unrelated to those chests! We were killed by something YOU haven't leveled with us on, you ti-"
    Daina cuts him off, "Kid, if you really think we'd be so easy to knock off, you could go right ahead... But I'm a grown woman-and whatever's in that gold chest is well worth the risk! And besides, Dranga and you are at full power now! We all are!"

30. - Top - End - #1380

The halfling sighs

"Yes. I think that especially the two of you I could take on very easily. But that said I am not your keeper. Know though that last time I had to save your ass from the golem YOU unleashed. This time I shall not intervene. If a dragon jumps out of the golden chest and bites your legs off I wont even tie your wounds if you go ahead with this.

Whatever is in that chest in not important enough. Plus mister Harley I thought you are here to save children not to loot chests."

said the halfling shaking his head.