New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Character Builder Thread

1. A charcter at ~30 level
    He's/she's an NPC for my campaign world I'm creating, and I needed some help with him (or her)
    2. Request
    a. Books PHb, DMG, MMI-III, Complete warrior
    b. Race: Any, preferably under LA +4
    c. Class: Heavily combat oriented, low to no magical abilities by self.
    d. Scores: 18, 16, 16, 10, 14, 18
    e. Alignment: LG, NG or CG
    f. House Rules: No single level dip (not that it makes a difference by Level 30)
    g. Concept: He is the king/queen of a large realm, and is one of the greatest military commanders in the world (if not the greatest), Thus higher than average intelligence.
    h. Other: Obviously king/queen of a great realm, his/her realm is elven/human based with small settlements of Dwarves, Can hold his/her own in combat. Likes leading from near the front.

Thanks in advance!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm interested in creating a 20th level fighter/monk/dwarven defender.
    I want to combine the versatility of the monk with the juggernaut flavor of the DD.

a. 20th level
    b. request
    c. core (including MM (feats only)(no psionics), complete books, OA
    d. 1st level stats:
    str 18
    dex 14
    con 16
    int 11
    wis 14
    cha 5
    e. LN
    f. No house rules applicable
    g. Concept: Dwarf starts out as a street thug (fighter 1), ends up in prison, where he becomes a monk, learns the DD path later in life when he returns to Dwarven society.

Combat-oriented goals:
    1. use a reach weapon and combat reflexes for mad AoOs.

2. grapple as effectively as possible--one tactic I conceived was beginning a grapple and then going into defensive stance and holding it during the grapple. This would alleviate some of the monk's grappling weaknesses.

3. use stunning fist variants (complete warrior)

4. achieve combat effectiveness -- I know he's no toe-to-toe fighter, but the DD levels should help his BAB, HP, and AC

5. achieve some of the cool monk abilities like diamond soul and crazy unarmed damage

Specific questions:
    Are there specific feat trees/combos I should take?

When should I start taking DD levels?
    My thoughts are Monk 16/DD 4

3. - Top - End - #273

Goblin

biggrin Re: Character Builder Thread

1. Looking for a from-scratch character, built to level 10. Use the Master of Masks prestige class. http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd...070105a&page=3

2. Books: Any books but those of faerun or dragonlance are fine.
    Race: Any medium size race
    Class: Any but Barbarian, Pure Arcane Caster, or Bard. MUST include the Master of Masks prestige class
    Ability Scores: Use 32 Point Buy
    Alignment: Any Non-evil
    Concept: Not a Jack-of-all trades but a guy who has a solution or backup plan for every situation
    Other: Make him something most DM's would allow in their campaigns regardless please
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    *high fives*
    Someone get this man a medal, because he either reads my posts or my mind.

Avvy by azuyomi244
    A Warforged Warlock who thinks he's a gnome in a power-suit?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Halfling in the Playground

Default To Meynolds

Bit of a skeleton, and it should be noted that competing with a noncaster above level 20 is a nonstarter. But, I haven't done epic creation in a while so let's give it a whirl.

My assumptions: Non-mundane effects are OK, but I should avoid full caster classes entirely and not base the character on magical effects in a meaningful way; we're looking at attacking, not casting, as "What I do." Also assuming I need to take Leadership and Epic Leadership in two feat slots given his situation, but I'll insert the substitutions I'd make were this not the case. I'm also assuming you're not looking for a broken CO-board type character, but an interesting and playable character that is nonetheless effective in combat.

You're LG, since that gets you into Paladin, which is nice for reasons we'll get into later. While any fighter character is miles better with the Tome of Battle involved, I'm glad you don't have it, because it renders every fighter class and concept from any previous book virtually irrelevant. So now we can actually use the PHB! In fact, I'm going to make a conscious effort to impress your DM with your restraint - no PrC's, no classes outside the PHB. Let's start with the basics to Level Eight:

Str 18 Dex 16 Con 16 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 18

1 Ftr 1: Power Attack, Weapon Focus:Scimitar[human], Improved Initiative [Fighter]
    2 Ftr2: Two Weapon Fighting [Fighter]
    3 Ftr3: Cleave
    4 Ftr4: Weapon Specialization:Scimitar [Fighter], Cha 19
    5 Paladin 1: [Nets you Divine Grace and other goodies]
    6 Paladin 2: Leadership
    7 Paladin 3:
    8 Paladin 4: [Nets you the ability to Turn Undead], Cha 20

At this point, we've laid the groundwork for what will come; the plan is to generate bonus damage on a per-hit basis, and eventually get you at least 9-10 attacks per round through dual-wielding and other means to multiply that damage. In addition, we've taken Leadership as early as possible, and improved your character's Charisma to represent your focus on your eventual kingdom building. Now we need to think about feats that will help us generate the effects we're looking for.

9 Ftr5: Divine Might [Bonus damage on a per-hit basis]
    10 Ftr6: Cleave [Fighter]
    11 Ftr7:
    12 Ftr8: Greater Weapon Focus: Scimitar, Improved Two Handed Fighting [Fighter], Cha 21
    13 Ftr9:
    14 Ftr10: Oversized Two Weapon Fighting [Fighter]
    15 Ftr11: Two Weapon Defense
    16 Ftr12: Greater Weapon Specialization: Scimitar [Fighter], Cha 22
    17 Ftr13:
    18 Ftr14: Greater Two Weapon Fighting [Fighter], Divine Shield
    19 Ftr15:
    20 Ftr16: Great Cleave[Fighter], Cha 23

Which gets us to the Epic cutoff. At this point, you're dealing 1d6+14 damage per hit, critical on 15-20, and have seven attacks per round. You haven't missed any BAB and have decent bonuses to hit from Weapon Focus and Strength (and presumably your magical additions which we'll get to later), so you should have little trouble connecting against opponents even with iterative attacks.

21: Ftr17: Epic Leadership
    22: Ftr18: Epic Weapon Focus: Scimitar
    23: Ftr19:
    24: Ftr20: Epic Divine Might [This is from the old Epic Insights column on Wizards - no reason it shouldn't be OK, possibly with the 3.5 conforming change of limiting the effect to one full round, but check it out with your DM - it's still available in the Wizards.com archives under Epic Divine Feats.], Epic Weapon Specialization [Fighter], Cha 24.
    25: Ftr21:
    26: Ftr22: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting [Fighter]
    27: Ftr23: Superior Initiative
    28: Ftr24: Overwhleming Critical [Fighter], Cha 25.
    29: Ftr25:
    30: Ftr26: Devastating Critical [Fighter]

Suggested magic:
    Two +5 Scimitars, [one Speed, Ghost Touch, Keen, Flaming, Thundering. The other replaces Speed with Frost, since that doesn't stack.] Total cost 400,630.
    six Tomes/Manuals +5 for your abilities: Total cost 804,000.
    An item granting a +6 enhancement to each ability: 396,000.

Beyond that you're on your own. With a +8 dex bonus you need to be careful how heavy armor you wear.

5. - Top - End - #275

This is a high powered campaign, so for stats use what I call the "super-elite" array: 17, 16, 15 14, 12, 10
    1.) Human LE Paladin of Tyranny 2/Sorc 4/Spellsword1/Abjurant Champion 5/Eldritch Knight 8

2.) Base (human) Wiz 5/Mindbender 1/Ur-Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 8/Lich/Evolved Undead/Spellstiched

3.) a human "Lord of the Uttercold Assault Necromancer' accompanied undead minoins as appropraite. Total CR should be about 14.
    The "lord of the uttercold assault necromancer" takes use of the lord of the uttercold feat and lots of cold evocation spells to heal undead.

These are for NPC bad guy encounters. :)
    Anyway, use base wealth for an encounter of these CRs.

Open books:
    Anything, except setting specific material (this includes things like Frostburn, etc.) Hero's of Horror and Hero's of Battle would be appropriate as well.
    BoVD is fine as well.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I guess I'll give this a try, since I've been wondering if I could make this work better then I did.

Level- 1 to 20 build, starting 10th for where it matters.

Race- Elan (Female Elan who's chosen to help a country she's seen grow from the ground-up defend itself from parties that have recently seen it as worthy for conquest. Joined the local guard forces and has proven herself a valiant warrior, and was recently promoted to the King's personal service.)

Class- Knight/War Mind (Possibly with a prereq dip, if getting into War Mind sooner is important- the existing build is Knight-6/Psion-2/War Mind-5 at the moment, although I thought of Knight-6/P.War-2/War Mind-5 instead.)

Stats- 32-point buy

Source Books- Any Core (including Psionics, duh), PHB II, Complete series, others potentally allowed case-by-case (The existing version has Reflective Armor, for example)

Gear- Default starting wealth for 10th level. Reach weapon + spiked gauntlet/armor spikes to threaten a large area, especially with Expansion. Stat-boosting gear is probably a plus, since this concept suffers from a fair amount of MAD.

Career Goal- Big Distracting Tank. Reach weapon + Expansion + Bulwark of Defense has proven to be a useful trilogy for tying up melee combatants trying to get past me and to the squishier guys behind me (Which is pretty much the rest of the party). Test of Mettle has been helping a lot with this too, at least against things with a mediocre will save. Psionic powers like Vigor and Hostile Empathic Transfer to help me maintain durability in bad situations, and Elan Resistance/Enhanced Elan Resistance means that save or dies don't automatically mean the tank is down.

For offense... well, I'm interested to see both what a charger and a non-charger would look like- my current build is a charger, but the campaign's spent much of it's time in towns and indoor dungeons, so it's been of limited use in that area.

Power Selection- I'm pretty much set on Vigor, Expansion, and Hostile Empathic Transfer, since they directly help my tankishness. I thought about grabbing P.Dimension Door and P.Freedom of Movement later in life- are these good picks for the psychic knight? Especially one who's pretty close to being the only party tank?

Feats- Outside of Enhanced Elan Resistance, Practiced Manifester (War Mind) and possibly Goad, I'm not entirely sure what I want from this. This is where I could probably use the most advice.
    Last edited by LordLocke; 2007-01-08 at 06:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277

Sactheminions --> Thanks! I'm going to switch around the Wis and Int scores.
    I am the DM this character is a NPC so anything would go.
    He doesn't worry about spellcasters, he has several high wizards as "vassals" so he can deal with them.
    That looks like a great character at any level, so I can unleash him on PCs at any time.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

(reposting after a week)

Could you please build me a frenzied berzerker/barbarian?
    Books: I can use all the current complete books, heroes of horror, libris mortis, the book of vile darkness and both fiendish codexes.
    Race: Human/afflicted weretiger
    Class: Barbarian/frenzied berserker
    Level: around level 10, including level adjustment for his template.
    Ability Scores: 18-to-8 (18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8)
    Alignment: true neutral
    Concept: I’m looking for less charisma, max ranks in control shape, high ranks in survival, hide and move silently, topped off with some intelligence and a good wisdom score.
    Other: I’m the party’s tank, and I really want to have as much damage-dealing capability as possible. GP should be about half of the maximum for level ten.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

1. <b>Looking for:</b> exploration of the eldritch theurge prestige class from the Complete Mage. So I'm asking for a level-by-level build, up to clvl 9 or 10, mixing warlock and sorcerer. For the sorcerer side, I'd like to go for the summoner archetype out of Complete Mage, possibly with Infernal Sorcerer Heritage and I.S. Howl (from PHB2) for summoning benefits once caster level allows reasonable use of the Summon Monster spells. Alternatively, go for the controller archetype from the same book.
    2. <b>Books:</b> PHB 1 & 2, Complete books except for Psion, and the Spell Compendium.
    3. <b>Race:</b> any, though clearly human or grey elf (from the SRD) might be most advantageous.
    4. <b>Class:</b> warlock and sorcerer, as noted.
    5. <b>Alignment:</b> lawful evil, most likely.
    6. <b>Concept:</b> A charismatic young power-seeker, willing to utilize any resources or individuals to gain advantage. Unable to gain acceptance by the traditional wizarding colleges, she seeks to prove her supremacy over other arcane casters, and will choose to target, humiliate, or control enemy arcanists first off in virtually any contest.

For stats, assume 18-16-14-12-10-8. (What I actually roll up may be entirely different, but that'll give me something to go from.)

10. - Top - End - #280

wowy did you already add the template or do you want the creator to add it? I think I will attempt this character. I should have results by tomorrow. Hopefully. I will make both and post the one you want. k?

Assassins_shadow

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by assassins_shadow View Post
    wowy did you already add the template or do you want the creator to add it? I think I will attempt this character. I should have results by tomorrow. Hopefully. I will make both and post the one you want. k?

Assassins_shadow
    huzzah! Thank you very much! I have not added the bonuses and stats from the template, if that's what you mean.

12. - Top - End - #282

I am assuming that you did not add the level adjustment then? I am pretty sure that character might not be able to go into frenzied berserker yet. BUT I can set him up for it! So tomorrow sometime I will have it in here. I might post it on here or I might just send it to you. I will see what I can do. You are aware that this character has a level adjustment of 8 right? just checkin....

ALSO If anyone wants a custom character made specifically by me ( I study this **** so I have some knowledge) Just pm me. I am gonna start a thread or just put it in my sig. Kinda like a avatar maker but a character when you need it. I love making characters and I like them to be perfect so I will try my hardest.

Assassins_shadow
    Last edited by Gogo525; 2007-01-12 at 06:15 PM. Reason: I am stupid and missed things

13. - Top - End - #283

ok this is the first time I ever made a character for someone so Im kinda nervous so tell me if you like it. Or if I missed anything. I would like opinions from anyone that would like to have one posted on here.

This is the hybrid form. I am sure you could do the math to make him/her human and tiger form whenever needed.

There is only one real problem I found with this character build. That is the requirements to get into frenzied berserker. You need intimidating rage and destructive rage. Both of which require that you have rage. You can’t get rage until 7th character level (9th since your adjustment. So it just misses your feats for HD. So you are gonna have to wait a little longer for those feats. Sorry. If anyone can find a way around this please let me know. You did say half GP for a level 10 character right? Well that leaves you with 24,500gp to spend. I used it on stuff but it is your character so change it if you like.

Human shapechanger weretiger (afflicted)

HD: 6d8+24 + 2d12+8 ( will let you roll that. I will just give you the statistics)

STR: 28 +9
    DEX: 22 +6
    CON: 18 +4
    INT: 14 +2
    WIS: 14 +2 (two from HD bonuses)
    CHA: 8 -1

AC: 23= 10 +5 armor +6 dex +2 natural

SPEED:50 ft (40 natural +10 fast movement)

FORT: 12= 8 (class) +4 (con)
    REFLEX: 11= 5 (class) +6 (dex)
    WILL: 7= 2 (class) +2(wis) +3 (iron will)

BAB: 6/1

ATTACKS: Great axe +1 (doesn't have to be a great axe. You can change it accordingly.) +17/+12 melee (str +9) (BAB +6) ( magic +1) ( focus +1) 1D12+14 critical x3
    OR
    2 Claws + 15 melee (str +9) (BAB +6) 1D8+9 and
    Bite +15 melee (str +9) (BAB +6) 2D6+4

FEATS: Iron will (lycanthrope)
    Power attack (1st level)
    Cleave (human)
    Weapon Focus (great axe) (3rd level)
    Random feat that I couldn’t decide (could be skill focus control shape) (6th level)

CLASS ABILITIES: Fast Movement +10
    Rage 1/Day
    Uncanny dodge

SPECIAL ABILITIES: DR 5/silver
    Low-light vision
    Scent

SKILLS: Control shape +8 = 9 ranks -1 cha (it is cha right?)
    Hide +19 = 9 ranks + 6(dex) + 4 weretiger
    Listen +13 = 11 ranks + 2 Wis
    Move silently + 19 = 9 ranks +6(dex) +4 weretiger
    Spot +11 = 9 ranks +2(wis)
    Survival +13 = 11 ranks +2(wis)

EQUIPTMENT: +1( +4 in total) mithral wild chainshirt.
    Weapon (I chose greataxe) +1
    Ring of sustanance

GP:2,900

tell me what you think!

Assassins_shadow
    Last edited by Gogo525; 2007-01-13 at 05:33 AM. Reason: opinions for me?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like it! This is a good thing for me, and it paves the way to becoming a berzerker. thanks!

15. - Top - End - #285

I am gonna try this sabbatus. I love casters so this will be fun to me. But It will take a little bit of time to do. Since it is a caster. SO I will repost tomorrow or the day after. DO you want me to start taking him into mystic theurge or just mulitclass?

Assassins_shadow
    Last edited by Gogo525; 2007-01-13 at 11:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I am gonna try this sabbatus. I love casters so this will be fun to me. But It will take a little bit of time to do. Since it is a caster. SO I will repost tomorrow or the day after. DO you want me to start taking him into mystic theurge or just mulitclass?
    I'm looking for eldritch theurge (the warlock/sorcerer multi), rather than mystic theurge (the cleric/sorcerer multi). Eldritch theurge is in Complete Mage, with pre-reqs of:

Knowledge (arcana) 8
    Knowledge (the planes) 8
    Ability to cast 2nd level arcane spells
    Ability to use least invocations
    Eldritch blast 2d6.

17. - Top - End - #287

oops that is what I meant. I have a character already going into that so I know what it is. Sorry for the typo. Give me an hour and I will come back and post her. I just need to tweak a few things and eat my supper.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

This should be easy--I think.
    I am looking for a 3.5ization of a 1st edition (with a little 2nd housed in) level 5 monk.

his stats are:
    str 17 int 14 wis 16 dex 17 con 14 cha 12
    he has 21 hp.

I'm not 100% on how the point buy system works, so if you need to adjust to allow for that, feel free.

in addition to the basic thief abilities and his monk abilities for leveling, he has blind fighting, ancient history(general) and heraldry.

the weapons he has taken so far (aside from fist, of course) are:
    Staff, Dagger, Crossbow, and Polearm.
    When not using fisticuffs, his favored weapon is a trident +3 that can convert to a military fork +3

He speaks Halfling, Copper Dragon, Nymph, and Elvish.

He also has a ring of protection +2

Duncan by Abardam, Spike by Quincunx

19. - Top - End - #289

I would help you Kanthalion but I never played those editions so sorry. As for the eldritch theurge I will need a little more time. I ended up mis placing the character sheet I was makin him on. So tomorrow afternoon I will have him. Sorry about that.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

Actually, all I am needing is to take what is there and make it into a 3.5 ready character So is there anything else you would need to know to convert him?

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, I know. the basic abilities he has at level 5 in first edition (in addition to what I have already listed) are:
    Open Locks 52%, Find/Remove Traps 40%, Move Silently 49%, Hide in Shadows 41%, Hear Noise 20% Climb Walls 99%. (percent chance of success)

Talk to Animals, Mask Mind 28% (percent chance of a successful psionic attack against him), Fall 20' if within 1' of a wall, Immune to Disease, Haste, and Slow

I'm sure these must have 3.5 equivilancies. if you need to drop anything to add in the 3.5 monk template stuff, just use your best judgement.

I almost forgot: a 1st ed monk can deflect non magical missles with a successful petrification save.

does that help?
    Last edited by Kanthalion; 2007-01-15 at 01:48 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292

I will try it kanthalion. I am not sure I can do everything but From what I have read it is possible. SO Just give me some time to finish up the previous project and I will get started.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks, I appreciate it. I realize it won't be exactly the same, but I'm sure close will be cool. If it helps, he was the youngest son of a minor lord, he didn't like the way the nobility treated those under them so he gave it all up to become a monk and protect the poor and downtrodden.

24. - Top - End - #294

Quote Originally Posted by Kanthalion View Post
    This should be easy--I think.
    I am looking for a 3.5ization of a 1st edition (with a little 2nd housed in) level 5 monk.

his stats are:
    str 17 int 14 wis 16 dex 17 con 14 cha 12
    he has 21 hp.

I'm not 100% on how the point buy system works, so if you need to adjust to allow for that, feel free.

in addition to the basic thief abilities and his monk abilities for leveling, he has blind fighting, ancient history(general) and heraldry.

the weapons he has taken so far (aside from fist, of course) are:

Staff, Dagger, Crossbow, and Polearm.
    When not using fisticuffs, his favored weapon is a trident +3 that can convert to a military fork +3

He speaks Halfling, Copper Dragon, Nymph, and Elvish.

He also has a ring of protection +2
    Ah, I know. the basic abilities he has at level 5 in first edition (in addition to what I have already listed) are:
    Open Locks 52%, Find/Remove Traps 40%, Move Silently 49%, Hide in Shadows 41%, Hear Noise 20% Climb Walls 99%. (percent chance of success)

Talk to Animals, Mask Mind 28% (percent chance of a successful psionic attack against him), Fall 20' if within 1' of a wall, Immune to Disease, Haste, and Slow

I'm sure these must have 3.5 equivilancies. if you need to drop anything to add in the 3.5 monk template stuff, just use your best judgement.

I almost forgot: a 1st ed monk can deflect non magical missles with a successful petrification save.

does that help?
    I like converting stuff, so I'll give this one a go. I'll explain my reasoning as I go.

Attributes (This is assuming a 32pt buy)
    Str 15, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10

Basic stuff
    Human Monk Level 5: HP=33 (The hit points are assuming you don't roll)
    BAB=+3: Fort=+5, Ref=+6, Will=+6/+8vs Enchantments (Bonuses included)
    Alignment: Lawful Good (Monks must be lawful and you sound like a good guy)

Class Abilities (This mostly lists what you get at 5th)
    Bonus Featx2; I would suggest Stunning Fist & Deflect Arrows
    Furry of blows; Gives you an extra attack when using Unarmed or a monk weapon, but your BAB goes to +2/+2
    Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat
    Evasion; If you pass a Reflex saves for half damage, you instead take none
    Still mind; This gives you a +2 bonus vs Enchantment spells and effects
    Ki strike (magic); Your Unarmed attacks count as magical for DR purposes
    Slow fall 20ft; If within reach of the wall, you nock 20ft of falling damage
    Purity of body; You are immune to all non-magical diseases
    Unarmed Damage; Your base damage with Unarmed attacks is D8
    AC Bonus=+3; This is added to your AC when you're unarmored & can move. You keep it if unaware of the attack or flat-footed (Wis bonus included)
    Speed Bonus; You get +10ft movement when you're unarmored

Skills (This should copy what you used to be able to do. I didn't include Disable Device & Search because it's very limiting without the Trapfinding class feature. I also added Spot)
    Climb: Ranks 6, Str +2, Total +8
    Hide: Ranks 8, Dex +2, Total +10
    Knowledge (History): Rank 1, Int +1, Total +2 (Cross Class Skill)
    Knowledge (Nobility & royalty): Rank 1, Int +1, Total +2 (Cross Class Skill)
    Open Lock: Rank 1, Dex +2, Total +3 (Cross Class Skill)
    Listen: Ranks 8, Wis +2, Total +10
    Move Silently: Ranks 8. Dex +2, Total +10
    Speak Language: Ranks 2 (Cross Class Skill)
    Spot: Ranks 8, Wis +2, Total +10

Languages
    Common, Halfling, Draconic, Sylvan

Feats
    Blind-Fight, Martial Weapon Proficiency (Trident), Stunning Fist(bonus), Deflect Arrows(bonus), Martial Weapon Proficiency (Ranseur)

Equipment
    This should convert over easily enough. However, the closest equivalent to a Military Fork in 3.5 is a Ranseur. Also, Rings of Protection no longer effect Saving Throws.

There you go. I hope you like him. Any questions, just ask.
    Treasurer of the Fan Club. (And in desperate need of donations).

A fan before it was cool.

Probationary conscript of the Fan Club.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks, it looks good. I'm just curious about the talks to animals and the crossbow? also, do the trident and ranseur count as monk weapons in 3.5?

26. - Top - End - #296

Thanks, it looks good. I'm just curious about the talks to animals and the crossbow? also, do the trident and ranseur count as monk weapons in 3.5?
    Sorry, I couldn't find a feat that let's you use Talk to Animals. However, their is a Magic Item. It's called the Torc of Animal Speech. this lets you use Speak to Anamals at will. It's a Wondrous item and costs 12000gp, with a Caster Level of 6th.

As for the crossbow, Monk are altomaticly proficient with them.

Sorry, trident and ranseur aren't monk weapons. However, I keep hearing rumours that their's a feat that let's you treat another weapon that you are proficient with as a Monk weapon.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Double Sword, Long Spear and Long Sword can be made 'Monk Weapons', through the use of the Feats Double Steel Strike, Serpant Strike and Whirling Steel Strike. No Tridents or Ranseurs, I am afraid... at least not yet.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

28. - Top - End - #298

lvl 8-10 mounted anti-paladin (slaughter, tyranny, blackguard, etc)

1. From scratch
    2. a. 3.0 core, MM2, and Tyrants of the Nine Hells
    b. Halfling
    c. Thinking 2 rogue/5 paladin of slaughter/1 asn. I want a mount, sneaking, and the poison use ability. I plan in specializing in poison, and dabbling in sneaking and lying.
    d. 36 pt buy
    e. Evil, preferably chaotic evil
    f. -
    g. Ideally, I'd want a chaotic evil halfling paladin of slaughter that rides a fiendish animal (preferably the deinonychous). Feats would specialize in mounted combat. He would also be adroit at poison use, and be somewhat stealthy. I'm not looking for an optimal mounted build; rather a way to be a mediocre assassin and a mediocre black knight at level 8, and have a dinosaur as a mount.
    h. The setting will be mostly in the cold, northern hinterlands. There will be dragons, giants, devils and the undead.

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Double Sword, Long Spear and Long Sword can be made 'Monk Weapons', through the use of the Feats Double Steel Strike, Serpant Strike and Whirling Steel Strike. No Tridents or Ranseurs, I am afraid... at least not yet.
    Eberron, I should've known. I don't own any Eberron books. Thanks. Though I've heard rumours of those Feats since 3.0.

30. - Top - End - #300

There is only one real problem I found with this character build. That is the requirements to get into frenzied berserker. You need intimidating rage and destructive rage. Both of which require that you have rage. You can’t get rage until 7th character level (9th since your adjustment. So it just misses your feats for HD.
    hes an afflicted lycanthrope, not a natural one. he should have at least one level in barbarian before you add the template(thusly gaining access to those rage feats sooner)