New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1767
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Character Builder Thread

I want to make a beguiler that noone knows is a beguiler and also noone knows what he/she actual looks like. That is a permanently disguised character that people think has a different role then beguiler. Could be thief, could be druid, could be tank(this seems tough).

1. I am looking for a level by level progression for this character, the assumption is that i will be starting at some level >= 6.

2. In your request specify whether you have requirements, preferences, or no limits on the following:
    a. I have all the complete books and races of as well as core and core II.
    b. Don't really care though an unliked race (kobolds for example) would fit thematically
    c. Beguiler
    d. 4d6 drop lowest for each score rolled and then assigned (so guidelines are probably best)
    e. Probably anything but LG is fine. Would prefer CG but doesn't matter if someone has a strong argument for something else.
    f. N/A
    g. Specified previously
    h. There are people in the following roles in the party already: Wizard, two big guys with heavy weapons, a cleric, and a scout though the scout may be leaving.

Thanks in advance guys.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by merfolkotpt View Post
    I want to make a beguiler that noone knows is a beguiler and also noone knows what he/she actual looks like. That is a permanently disguised character that people think has a different role then beguiler. Could be thief, could be druid, could be tank(this seems tough).

1. I am looking for a level by level progression for this character, the assumption is that i will be starting at some level >= 6.

2. In your request specify whether you have requirements, preferences, or no limits on the following:
    a. I have all the complete books and races of as well as core and core II.
    b. Don't really care though an unliked race (kobolds for example) would fit thematically
    c. Beguiler
    d. 4d6 drop lowest for each score rolled and then assigned (so guidelines are probably best)
    e. Probably anything but LG is fine. Would prefer CG but doesn't matter if someone has a strong argument for something else.
    f. N/A
    g. Specified previously
    h. There are people in the following roles in the party already: Wizard, two big guys with heavy weapons, a cleric, and a scout though the scout may be leaving.

Thanks in advance guys.
    You want Changeling. You definitely want Changeling. For seeming like a different role, you're going to need some prestige classing. This build could work, but might require a lenient DM. The text version of Rainbow Servant (which is technically the correct one) advances full casting, and the tenth level adds all cleric spells to your class spell list. You can now cast all cleric spells spontaneously. Dip a level in Sacred Exorcist (you can take the Extra Spell feat to get Dismissal for the prerequisite) for Turn Undead, and pick up your DMM feat of choice. Congratulations, you're now CoDzilla, but better. Rainbow Servant gives 4+Int skill points per level, so you're still a decent skill monkey.

So, that covers all the basic party roles - fighter-type (CoDzilla stuff), healer-type (cleric spells), wizard-type (obviously), and rogue-type (lots of skill points and Int-focus). Throw in Changeling for obscuring your physical identity and I think this is what you're looking for.

Changeling Beguiler 6 / Rainbow Servant 6 / Sacred Exorcist 1 / Rainbow Servant +4 / (Beguiler or any full caster PrC) 3
    Alignment: LG or NG
    Stat priority: Int>Con>Cha>Dex>Wis>Str. You can change those a bit if you like, as long as Int stays highest.
    Feats:
    12 Extra Spell (Dismissal)
    Others are open for metamagic, DMM, or whatever else you might want.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah, human gestalt druid/totemist
    Adrian, human rogue
    Calypso, half-nymph human gestalt druid/miscellaneous

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Sorry, I thought this was usually handled in the books allowed section, but i am pretty sure my DM will not allow me to use campaign setting specific races since they were not in the list of books I am supposed to use.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by merfolkotpt View Post
    Sorry, I thought this was usually handled in the books allowed section, but i am pretty sure my DM will not allow me to use campaign setting specific races since they were not in the list of books I am supposed to use.
    It's also in Monster Manual 3, if that's allowed. Beyond that, I don't think there's much you can get without a level adjustment.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrian, human rogue

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I am not sure how many here are familiar with the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, but I am trying to figure out how to create Richard Rahl as a D&D Character. I know that at some point he takes on the wizard class, although I am thinking maybe he should be a gestalt as he is both an accomplished fighter and one of the greatest wizards in history.

His race would naturally be human as that is what he is in the book.

To set his ability scores, my DM uses the standard 4d6 take the best 3 but throws out any scores below 11 and automatically starts out with an 18 because he believes our PCs are supposed to be heroes.

Class: As stated above, I don't know what to start him out as. I know at the end he will be a fighter/wizard, so whether he be a gestalt or start out as a fighter I am unsure.

Alignment: Lawful Good

House Rules: Other than the ability scores rule, its pretty much to the letter with the exception of railroading items, the house rules are really inconsequential as I am just really trying to figure out what to start him as.

Concept: For those unfamiliar with the series, Richard Rahl, or Richard Cypher as he is known for the first book, is the "Seeker of Truth" and the Ruler of D'Hara. He starts out as a commoner in the Westlands, a land without magic, and his world is turned upside down when the boundary fails and magic enters his life. He is an accomplished tracker, which makes me lean ranger first because of the track feat, but he really isn't a ranger. He is also a rather untrained swordsman at first but later becomes a master.

That is all I can think of right now. He will be at level 3 so if you could show a level 1-3 progression I would greatly appreciate it. I am more than willing to answer any questions that may come up to help me build this character. Thank you in advance

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Barbarian in the Playground

Q.290something

I've been trying, and I'm really hopeless at gish builing, so I'm coming here for help. I'm applying for a PBP evil game here on the boards and credit will of course be given to the builder.

The crunch and fluff: LE, CL 8 gish build, with a thematic focus on infernal and diabolical sorcery. Stat generation is 36 point buy, so go wild with whatever you want. I generally play the "face" character of parties, but I figure gish might be an opportunity to have the charismatic sorcer archetype and give it some heft through either higher HD or a greater variety of spells. All books are permitted, including homebrew that I run by the DM. As I said, just go ahead and build what you want: I'd really appreciate it!
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-11-10 at 01:38 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylightning View Post
    I am not sure how many here are familiar with the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, but I am trying to figure out how to create Richard Rahl as a D&D Character. I know that at some point he takes on the wizard class, although I am thinking maybe he should be a gestalt as he is both an accomplished fighter and one of the greatest wizards in history.

His race would naturally be human as that is what he is in the book.

To set his ability scores, my DM uses the standard 4d6 take the best 3 but throws out any scores below 11 and automatically starts out with an 18 because he believes our PCs are supposed to be heroes.

Class: As stated above, I don't know what to start him out as. I know at the end he will be a fighter/wizard, so whether he be a gestalt or start out as a fighter I am unsure.

Alignment: Lawful Good

House Rules: Other than the ability scores rule, its pretty much to the letter with the exception of railroading items, the house rules are really inconsequential as I am just really trying to figure out what to start him as.

Concept: For those unfamiliar with the series, Richard Rahl, or Richard Cypher as he is known for the first book, is the "Seeker of Truth" and the Ruler of D'Hara. He starts out as a commoner in the Westlands, a land without magic, and his world is turned upside down when the boundary fails and magic enters his life. He is an accomplished tracker, which makes me lean ranger first because of the track feat, but he really isn't a ranger. He is also a rather untrained swordsman at first but later becomes a master.

That is all I can think of right now. He will be at level 3 so if you could show a level 1-3 progression I would greatly appreciate it. I am more than willing to answer any questions that may come up to help me build this character. Thank you in advance
    I've found one already-existing set of stats for him, here. (It's apparently for 3.0 rather than 3.5, given the "Ambidexterity" feat). I'm not too terribly familiar with the series, but from what I can glean from Wikipedia, a mainly-Ranger build with a couple levels of Sorcerer thrown in sounds about right.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Q.290something

I've been trying, and I'm really hopeless at gish builing, so I'm coming here for help. I'm applying for a PBP evil game here on the boards and credit will of course be given to the builder.

The crunch and fluff: LE, CL 8 gish build, with a thematic focus on infernal and diabolical sorcery. Stat generation is 36 point buy, so go wild with whatever you want. I generally play the "face" character of parties, but I figure gish might be an opportunity to have the charismatic sorcer archetype and give it some heft through either higher HD or a greater variety of spells. All books are permitted, including homebrew that I run by the DM. As I said, just go ahead and build what you want: I'd really appreciate it!
    Are you specifically tied to the Sorcerer class, or would something else be acceptable? "Diabolical sorcery" screams "Warlock" to me, but it isn't quite as mechanically powerful as a Sorcerer would be. What's the most important part of the build to you, casting or melee; and how powerful does this guy need to be?

(edit: Btw, sorry to slaanesh and Ravenscry - I'm not very familiar with Iron Kingdoms or Pathfinder Beta. I'd rather give no advice than give uninformed advice).
    Last edited by Telonius; 2008-11-10 at 04:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telonius
    Are you specifically tied to the Sorcerer class, or would something else be acceptable? "Diabolical sorcery" screams "Warlock" to me, but it isn't quite as mechanically powerful as a Sorcerer would be. What's the most important part of the build to you, casting or melee; and how powerful does this guy need to be?
    I like what I consider to be the versatility of the sorcerer; I know the arguments for the wizard, but I love being able to spontaniously cast from my carefully-chosen spells known. I think the group is fine on melee power, so casting would probably be the way to go.

Powerwise, I guess we're evil, so the more power the merrier I am. There's no need to decend into extreme munchkin or cheese territory, though.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

You might want to consider Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil. It won't make you a melee powerhouse, but you will be great on the defense. Can't get into it until level 10, though.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrian, human rogue

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

There was actually a gish request relatively recently. Here are two general progressions I gave for someone who wanted to cast in armor. Sorcerer6/Fighter1/Spellsword1/Eldritch Knight10/Sorcerer2.
    Sorcerer6/Fighter1/Spellsword1/SorcererX.

IotSV is much, much harder for to get into for a Sorcerer than it is for a Wizard. Because of the large number of Abjuration spells required, it would eat up a fairly large number of his limited number of spells known. Enough spells that it wouldn't really be a blasty-sorcerer raining down arcane doom on his foes, but a focused abjurer. I'd recommend against it in this case.

Fortunately for you, level 8 is exactly the level where Spellsword kicks in for either build.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stats:
    Str 14
    Dex 14
    Con 12
    Int 10
    Wis 10
    Cha 18

Human
    Sorc1 - Skill Focus (Concentration), Spell Penetration
    Sorc2
    Sorc3 - Empower Spell*
    Sorc4 - Cha +1
    Sorc5
    Sorc6 - Energy Substitution
    Sorc6/Ftr1 - Dodge
    Sorc6/Ftr1/Spellsword1 - Cha +1

* - normally I'd go with Extend Spell, but since this seems to be a blasty mage, we'll go for Empower instead.

At this point, you can ignore 10% arcane failure. If you can afford it, you could be walking around in Twilight (-10%) Mithral (-10%) Fullplate and have a grand total of 5% arcane spell failure.

Feats to consider for the future of the character: Chain Spell, Twin Spell, Extend Spell, Craft Contingent Spell. Of course the real heart of any sorcerer is the spells known list. It sounds like you already have some ideas as to what you want for that. But let me know if you need some help choosing.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q. 291 (probably)

I need a melee character focusing on the use of a shield and a weapon (sword, short spear, whatever not too exotic). I know that it is difficult to make viable in D&D mechanics, but please do your best. Bonus points if he can get along on his own and contribute to a team.
    (He doesn't haveto be a caster killer, but should at least represent a superior meleer)

I need him done from 3rd to 12th level. Showing at least major changes at each level.
    All books allowed, but no Dragon Magazine.
    Race may be any +2LA or lower, but human would be just fine
    Class can be any noncaster (Ranger or Paladin would be all right, though). I would very much appreciate the build done without ToB classes (Martial Study/Stance is fine) and an alternative build with ToB classes.
    Ability scores aren't yet fixed, please give minimum/optimal values
    Alignment doesn't matter

We will be fighting mostly humanoid opponents, with an occasional big monster between, so tripping may be still viable in higher levels. I thought of Shield Charge.

Concept is a kind of warrior veteran. He may be using dirty tricks and will fight without flashy moves but effectively, using his experience. He should be able to survive quite a bit, but have at least one more quality than survivability^^

There are no fixed house rules yet, but if you know of some homebrewed feats etc. or think that with 1 or 2 feats more there would be a major improvement then please tell, I'll see what I can get through.
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

i wanted to make a 6th level halfling scout, but an not sure what feat i should take....any suggestions?

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    Q. 291 (probably)

I need a melee character focusing on the use of a shield and a weapon (sword, short spear, whatever not too exotic). I know that it is difficult to make viable in D&D mechanics, but please do your best. Bonus points if he can get along on his own and contribute to a team.
    (He doesn't haveto be a caster killer, but should at least represent a superior meleer)

I need him done from 3rd to 12th level. Showing at least major changes at each level.
    All books allowed, but no Dragon Magazine.
    Race may be any +2LA or lower, but human would be just fine
    Class can be any noncaster (Ranger or Paladin would be all right, though). I would very much appreciate the build done without ToB classes (Martial Study/Stance is fine) and an alternative build with ToB classes.
    Ability scores aren't yet fixed, please give minimum/optimal values
    Alignment doesn't matter

We will be fighting mostly humanoid opponents, with an occasional big monster between, so tripping may be still viable in higher levels. I thought of Shield Charge.

Concept is a kind of warrior veteran. He may be using dirty tricks and will fight without flashy moves but effectively, using his experience. He should be able to survive quite a bit, but have at least one more quality than survivability^^

There are no fixed house rules yet, but if you know of some homebrewed feats etc. or think that with 1 or 2 feats more there would be a major improvement then please tell, I'll see what I can get through.
    I have a few concepts. Let me know which one appeals to you most.
    - Knight, basically out of the can, focusing either on mounted combat or crowd control (by use of Knight's Challenge).
    - Fighter, concentrating on crowd control (tripping, bull rush, etc)
    - Fighter or Ranger/Fighter, focused on TWF with weapon and shield bash.
    - Mounted Combat-based Fighter, Paladin, or Paladin/Ranger, possibly small sized (depending on whether a horse is going to be practical in most situations in this campaign)

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, since I'm aiming for infantry, it's either the knight or the fighter. Ranger/fighter sounds interesting, but I don't know if there is any way to make TWF with shield and weapon effective. If there is, please use that one, otherwise I'd prefer the crowd controlling. Fluff-wise the fighter fits better, so I'd prefer that, though I'd rather play a good knight than a too bad fighter.
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. This may be a bit tricky, but let's see what we can do. TWF first. This build is focused more on the shield than on the weapon, though things like Leap Attack, Powerful Charge, and (of course) Power Attack will help with both. Combining Shield Sling with Hurling Charge can allow you to get two attacks off in a charge (without the normal Pounce issues). Throw your shield, Quick Draw your Longsword (or Greatsword for that matter), and enjoy the fun. Finishing touches of this build would be to paint your shield red, white, and blue. As always, please feel free to comment/improve/tell me I'm looney; I'll post some other builds when I get a chance.

Human
    1 Fighter - Quick Draw (1st level), Power Attack (Fighter), Powerful Charge (Human)
    2 Fighter - Improved Shield Bash (Fighter)
    3 Fighter - Shield Charge (3rd Level)
    4 Fighter - Shield Specialization (Fighter)
    6 Fighter - Hurling Charge (Fighter), Leap Attack (6th level)
    8 Fighter - Agile Shield Fighter (Fighter)
    9 Fighter - Shield Sling (9th Level)
    10 Fighter - Greater Powerful Charge (Fighter)
    12 Fighter - Improved Bull Rush (12th level), Shock Trooper (Fighter)

This may or may not be better with Dungeon Crasher - I don't have Dungeonscape so I couldn't say.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi I'm looking to get back into Dnd after a couple of years. I'm looking for help building a character for a 3.5e campaign that will be starting soon. Normally I'd play a typical sword and board paladin or fighter but I'm looking to do something a bit different this time. My current character concept is a nomadic desert fighter. Ideally they would be able to fight with light or no armour and duel-wield weapons of some description.

1. Level by Level Character 1-20
    a. I have the core books, BOED, CAd, CW, Du and PHBII (I may be able to get hold of any that are needed for the build so don't feel too limited)
    b. Preferably human but I'm not too fussy
    c. Any that fit the concept, possibly working towards being a dervish
    d. Rolled 17/16/16/14/11/10
    e. Non-evil
    f. No house Rules

Thank you for your help in advance!
    Last edited by Talus; 2008-11-13 at 10:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

@Partysan
    Second build, focused on crowd control. (Note that you might also want to check out Saph's Horizon Tripper).

Minimum Int is 13.

Fighter 1 - Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Improved Bull Rush
    Fighter 2 - Improved Trip
    Ftr2/Knight 1 - Improved Disarm
    Ftr2/Knight 2
    Ftr2/Knight 3
    Ftr2/Knight 4 Shock Trooper
    Ftr2/Knight 5 - Diehard
    Ftr2/Knight 6
    Ftr2/Knight 7 - Exotic Weapon Proficiency Tigerskull Club (Frostburn)
    Ftr2/Knight 8
    Ftr2/Knight 9
    Ftr2/Knight 10 - Endurance (Knight), Improved Overrun

Possible alteration: swap out Knight 10 for Barbarian. I believe you'll get the full 40 feet of movement from the Barbarian's bonus, due to Armor Master (heavy), plus rage.

Use a Flail as your weapon until level 9; after that, the Tigerskull Club. Both are Trip weapons, and give bonuses to Disarm attempts.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I wanted to make a 6 level Fighter level by level, but the catch is I wanted him to not be more like a meat shield, but more like a rouge. I was planning for him to use throwing daggers as his primary weapon. I wanted to know what feats I should take to accomplish this task.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HighONseaweed10 View Post
    i wanted to make a 6th level halfling scout, but an not sure what feat i should take....any suggestions?
    If your DM allows it, take one level in Monk and buy a "Sparring Dummy of the Master" from the Arms and Equipment Guide. It allows you to make a 10 foot adjustment. There's also an item in (...Magic of Eberron?) that's basically a set of rollerblades that allow you to make a 10 foot adjustment (iirc).

If the DM hits you in the head with the Arms and Equipment Guide for suggesting that, some good feats are Improved Skirmish from Complete Scoundrel, and the Greater Manyshot feat tree.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HighONseaweed10 View Post
    I wanted to make a 6 level Fighter level by level, but the catch is I wanted him to not be more like a meat shield, but more like a rouge. I was planning for him to use throwing daggers as his primary weapon. I wanted to know what feats I should take to accomplish this task.
    There's a prestige class devoted to this exact idea in Complete Warrior, called Master Thrower. Brutal Throw, a Feat from Complete Adventurer, could also help you out.

A Rogue/Swashbuckler multiclass, with the Daring Outlaw feat, might do better than a Fighter in this case.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talus View Post
    Hi I'm looking to get back into Dnd after a couple of years. I'm looking for help building a character for a 3.5e campaign that will be starting soon. Normally I'd play a typical sword and board paladin or fighter but I'm looking to do something a bit different this time. My current character concept is a nomadic desert fighter. Ideally they would be able to fight with light or no armour and duel-wield weapons of some description.

1. Level by Level Character 1-20
    a. I have the core books, BOED, CAd, CW, Du and PHBII (I may be able to get hold of any that are needed for the build so don't feel too limited)
    b. Preferably human but I'm not too fussy
    c. Any that fit the concept, possibly working towards being a dervish
    d. Rolled 17/16/16/14/11/10
    e. Non-evil
    f. No house Rules

Thank you for your help in advance!
    I posted part of this build a few pages ago. Books required: PHB, CWar, CAdv, BoED.

Ranger 1 - Dodge (first level feat), Power Attack (Human)
    Ranger 2 - Two-Weapon Fighting (Ranger combat style feat)
    Rgr2/Fighter1 - Mobility (third level feat), Combat Expertise (Fighter Feat)
    Rgr2/Ftr2 - Weapon Focus (Scimitar) (Fighter Feat)
    Rgr2/Ftr3
    Rgr2/Ftr4 - Resounding Blow (Fighter Feat; BoED), Improved TWF (normal 6th level)
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Dervish1 - Slashing Blades (Dervish); Dervish Dance 1/day, +1 to blade attacks/damage; +1 AC (Dervish)
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der2 - Fast Movement +5 (Dervish)
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der3 - Spring Attack (Dervish); Dervish Dance 2/day, +2 to blade attacks/damage
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der4 - Improved Critical (normal 9th level feat)
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der4/Tempest1 - Tempest Defense +1
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der4/Tmp2 - Ambidexterity (Penalties to TWF lessened by 1); Two-Weapon Rend (normal 12th level feat; PHB2)
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der4/Tmp3 - Tempest Defense +2, Two-Weapon Versatility
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der4/Tmp4 - Ambidexterity (Penalties to TWF lessened by 1)
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der5/Tmp4 - Fast Movement +10 (Dervish), Dervish Dance 3/day, Greater TWF (normal 15th-level feat).
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der6/Tmp4 - Improved Reaction (Dervish)
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der7/Tmp4 - Elaborate Parry (Dervish), Dervish Dance 4/day
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der8/Tmp4 - Fast Movement +15 (Dervish), Leap Attack (normal 18th level; CAdv)
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der9/Tmp4 - Tireless Dance (Dervish), Dervish Dance 5/day
    Rgr2/Ftr4/Der10/Tmp4 - A Thousand Cuts (Dervish)

Skill requirements: For Dervish, Tumble and Perform.
    Key equipment: Scimitars, Mithral Breastplate (counts as light armor).
    Suggested stats: Str 17, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 10. I would prioritize Con over Dex, since your AC will be a bit low no matter what you do.

Tempest is from Complete Adventurer, and Dervish is from Complete Warrior. This should be decently powerful even at early levels, but it really kicks in at level 12 when you get Ambidexterity. You'll be doing Two-weapon attacks at almost no penalty then, and at no penalty from level 14 on. I'd be very surprised if you couldn't squeeze some more optimization out of the build than I have, but this should do fine for a typical campaign.
    Last edited by Telonius; 2008-11-13 at 03:10 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you very much, I did have a quick skim though the thred before I posted but I must have missed this one.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Here are the guidelines my DM's given me. 3.5* rules.

level 10 (including level adjustment)
    Cannot be PHB race (unless a template is added)
    Cannot be a PHB class (unless multiclasses or prestige class is added)
    Will start, and spend much of the campaign in Underdark
    The rest of the party will be evil, but will work together (no chaotic evil - i'm only out for myself bs, but rather a collection of villians, think Legion of Doom)

Starting items and wealth will be determined later.

What i had in mind was a bard/bladesinger, he's waving the elven requirement. And I don't want to have a level adjustment, which is hard as most templates have lvl+ something, and non standard races have a level adjustment as well. Basically I just need a Race/template combo with +0 level adjustment.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

Raptoran is always good. Extraordinary flight for +0.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrian, human rogue

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Pimp My Kobold

I always wanted to play a kobold, but never quite got around to it. I think it's about time. Just for fun, I want to make it a charger build.

Level-by-level 1-20. Starting no lower than level 10, so if you're going to use templates, vital feat trees, or whatever, you have that much to work with.
    Books: Any 3.5, but no psionics.
    Race: Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold. But that should go without saying. Add a template or two if you want, but no more than about +2 LA.
    Class: Probably Lion Totem Barbarian/other stuff. Whatever works best.
    Ability scores: 18x2, 16x3, 14.
    Alignment: Any, but the party is mostly Good, so nothing too conflicting.
    Concept: I envision him as diving into things much larger than himself and tearing them apart. Maybe do something with a bunch of natural attacks? Also, the grafts from RotD kind of intrigued me, if any of them are worth getting.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrian, human rogue

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

I won't have time for that one today, Monty, but I'll be on it. (Stupid authors loading up work for poor office minions on Mondays. )

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

All right. I'm really unfamiliar with playing dragons as characters, so this will probably be even more trial and error than usual. I'm working on the assumption that you need this to be more dragon-ey than powerful - please let me know if that's not right.

Dragonwrought Kobold
    Ranger1/Dragon Totem Barbarian 19

Feats:
    1 - Dragonwrought
    3 - Power Attack
    6 - Powerful Charge
    9 - Wyrmgrafter
    12 - Multiattack
    15 - Flyby Attack
    18 - ?

The initial level of Ranger is to get you Heal as a class skill, so you can have Wyrmgrafter by level 9. Dragon Totem Barbarian will get you the effects of one of the Grafts (Frightful Crest) for free. You could probably switch out a couple levels of Barbarian for Fighter if you wanted to snag a couple more feats.

Key grafts: Buffeting Wings, Gleaming Scales, Smashing Tail, Taloned Arm

Build issues: Trying to figure out how to get some kind of a Pounce attack at the end of a charge, that works with Natural Attacks.
    Last edited by Telonius; 2008-11-18 at 10:08 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome. I'll see what I can do with that.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrian, human rogue

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hi there, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster looking for some advice.

I'm currently playing a Goliath Fighter in the middle of leveling from 9th to 10th. I have a few feats in mind but I'm not sure what which one would work best for 10th level. Here's where he's at right now:

Abilities: Str 21 (23), Dex 13, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 12

Relevant skill modifiers: Jump 9 and Sense Motive 7 (with four ranks)

Feats: Weapon Focus and Specialization (Greataxe), Power Attack, Dodge, Mobility, Improved Unnarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Clever Wrestling, and Slashing Weapon Mastery

Long-term planning information: I plan on increasing his Strength and taking Greater Weapon Specialization at 12th, thus I will need to take Greater Weapon Focus either this level or at 12th. Also, he's meant to be somewhat of a mobile fighter (hence Dodge/Mobility), but he won't be giving up his full plate anytime soon.

Here are the feats I'm currently considering:

Greater Weapon Foucs (Greataxe)
    Close-Quarters Fighting (IIRC it's a fighter feat but I could be wrong)
    Improved Critical (Greataxe)
    Leap Attack
    Spring Attack
    Combat Intuition (I believe this the name of the feat; it comes from the Complete Adventurer and it involves evaluating one's opponent)

I was looking for a feat that could help improve his AC aside Combat Expertise, but nothing has come to mind for me.

Thoughts?