New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Witchunt V1.0 Game 3 - We are going to need more ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    my internal monologue
    actually, I think your internal monologue is more like "what did I do wrong, how do Fry and Mannikath know I'm a witch, we killed the priest a couple nights back!"

2. - Top - End - #902
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mannikath View Post
    I've had two other people in games throw out the personal offense "how dare you infringe upon my honor in this distinguished online forum" card at me.

Both were witches, obviously. Who actually gets upset on the internet, much less in a social game about accusations and deception?
    Those are actually good points. I've played both sides of the field in the previous two games, and both times people accused me of stuff (of course). The first game, when I was town, I got a little upset but didn't really care too much. The second game, when I was a witch, I got mad at the accuser. While I kept that out of the thread, I was really annoyed. From Ramsus' reaction to this, I think it's probable he's a witch. Plus, he won't say his role. Ramsus at deadline for me.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

3. - Top - End - #903
    Barbarian in the Playground

I really think that we are onto something here. Ramsus at the deadline.
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

I have to say that this is bull****. I'm being lynched....because someone else acted like a troll and insulted me. That bull**** all caps "I R RETARD" thing that trolls do is exactly what Mannikath did to me and none of you think there's anything wrong with that. Also what the flaming hell does him acting like a troll to me and me being offended have to do with the game? Nothing. It's complete bs that you guys are using that as a reason to lynch me. If you were using it as a reason to lynch Mannikath for being a rude jackass it'd still be wrong. But basically you're kicking me because you saw the "cool" kid do it.

Well I have a freaking surprise for you folks. I'm the Spy. The witches aside from the Junior Witch are all dead (note: JW could be dead, no way of knowing). That's why I didn't want to reveal my role. Good job guys. You just threw away our "the wolf can't win" card because you had to follow your e-penises instead of actually think for yourselves. Shame we couldn't play in a manner where we treat each other with the slightest bit of respect. (Number of times trolls have twisted my words on a forum and done the ALL CAPS I R DUMB thing to "win" an argument is now way too many +1.)

5. - Top - End - #905
    Halfling in the Playground

What do you think? On one hand, Ramsus is acting extremely mad, which could indicate that see's the spy because it's a important role. On the other hand, she could know the spy is dead and bluff. Trueclaim or bluff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Czin View Post
    Because environmentalism is the embodiment of all that is wrong in the world. Don't you know that recycling runs on the blood of puppies, the souls of orphans, and the tears of kittens?

6. - Top - End - #906

Woah!

No-vote.

This changes things significantly.

All the witches except for the Junior Witch are dead?

Eh... can you expain what happened in witch-land up until this point? I'm curious as to the night 1, where two people perished, but no DOB was hit.

Spoiler
    Show

Retired Werewolfer

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

Uh....actually I'm just overreacting. As my last note in parenthesis states, the number of times I've had legitimate trolls do that to me has basically made that sort of thing stick in my mind as "Argh, I'm being trolled again and once again I'm in a place where the mods only pretend to enforce rules on trolling". Not saying either of those things are true. That's just my conditioned response at this point. Anyway, apologies for any offense taken by anyone (except to Mannikanth, he can deal with it for pushing my buttons intentionally or not).

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

Well I suppose it doesn't matter now. With Hipen, the Assassin, being dead I took the opportunity to instill Spy paranoia into the group. Orzel, the Warlock, was being quiet. So I suggested (initially as a joke) that he might be the Spy. The sacrifice votes happened so fast he never even got a chance to defend himself. And I might as well continue the info dump here. Byers was the Necromancer (and he claimed Sotek was the priest....though I suppose it really could have been Murska and he could have just been lying to us) and Horoar actually was the Enchantress. Note: Yes, this means I killed Crunchy. Sorry man, didn't want to let the Werewolf have any free meals.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you're telling the truth (which I doubt) that means the JW has to be alive. If she wasn't we would win because WW can't devour spy and the game would have ended. I believe. Can I get a rules clarification on this?

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    If you're telling the truth (which I doubt) that means the JW has to be alive. If she wasn't we would win because WW can't devour spy and the game would have ended. I believe. Can I get a rules clarification on this?
    It is true that the WW can't devour the spy, but I'd say that because of the chance that the spy would be lynched/DOB'd is a real one, so I wouldn't end the game.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

11. - Top - End - #911
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

I think you hit a nerve, Mannikath.

Ramsus, you're being lynched because you've been acting like a witch all game. And your spyclaim is...unlikely, to be generous.

12. - Top - End - #912
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

EBWOP: You know what would have been better than killing Crunchy English? NOT killing Crunchy English.

13. - Top - End - #913
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

vote tally:

Spoiler
    Show
    Lynch votes: (9 alive, 5 is majority)
    Ramsus: 2+2 (CitizenFry, Mannikath) + (Zanshin, Tydude)
    Zanshin: 1 (Ramsus)
    (null): 4 (Onime-no-Enishi, Leta, seraine, Eternal Drifter)

Alive guys:
    Tydude, Ramsus, Zanshin, Mannikath, Onime-no-Enishi, Leta, CitizenFry, seraine, Eternal Drifter

Dead guys:
    Hipen3 (D1), Orzel (N1), Sotek (N1), Qwaz (D2), byers2142 (D3), Istari (N3-martyr'd), Horoar (D4* judgelynch), Murska (N4), Interneeeeeet Flea (D5-Leeroy'd), VA_beds (D5), Irbis (D6), Crunchy English (N6)

Day ends: approximately 11:00 pm eastern Feb 18

would like some input from Onime, Leta, seraine, and Eternal Drifter

14. - Top - End - #914
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Well I suppose it doesn't matter now. With Hipen, the Assassin, being dead I took the opportunity to instill Spy paranoia into the group. Orzel, the Warlock, was being quiet. So I suggested (initially as a joke) that he might be the Spy. The sacrifice votes happened so fast he never even got a chance to defend himself. And I might as well continue the info dump here. Byers was the Necromancer (and he claimed Sotek was the priest....though I suppose it really could have been Murska and he could have just been lying to us) and Horoar actually was the Enchantress. Note: Yes, this means I killed Crunchy. Sorry man, didn't want to let the Werewolf have any free meals.
    I am the Medium, and I can attest to Hipen, and Byers being both witches, the Assassin and the Necromancer respectively. Ramsus is telling the truth, at least to those other witches that were killed during the day.

Change to No Vote while we figure this all out.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

15. - Top - End - #915
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

No vote, this should be fairly easy to confirm.

Fry, why would a Spyclaim that suggests all Witches are dead be unlikely? If he's lying, he will be found out almost immediately at no cost to us.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ramsus, I have a few questions. Did you guys all role reveal at the beginning? What did byers say Murska's role was? Who did you tell them the priest checked?

Oh, and no vote. If we're going with this plan, Judge (if still alive) should not kill tonight, correct?

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

17. - Top - End - #917
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
    EBWOP: You know what would have been better than killing Crunchy English? NOT killing Crunchy English.
    This is the hang up. It's pretty dubious to say that you are the spy and given complete freedom you choose to kill the only person who couldn't be the Werewolf or JW.

Also, given that town has basically won the game if you are the Spy, you'd probably have been a little happier.

The most likely case is that Orzel was the real Spy and Ramsus is just panicing. However, I'm fine with letting him panic for a bit. What's he going to do, NK us and prove he was lying so we kill him? M'kay, works for me.

In the meantime, while Ramsus isn't killing us, let's see if we can set up a cipher through the spiritualist to chat with Sotek can get his opinion on all this. We can do freakin' Morse code if we have to, we've got all the time in the world as long as Ramsus is sticking to his story.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Pixie in the Playground

Ramsus, I have a few questions. Did you guys all role reveal at the beginning? What did byers say Murska's role was? Who did you tell them the priest checked?
    Byers died before Murska.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
    Byers died before Murska.
    I completely overlooked that, didn't I? Oh well. Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by The Official Rules
    In real-life games, the Spiritualist may observe their proceedings. If any dead players attempt to pass information to the Spiritualist, anyone invovled is subject to be removed from the game entirely by the moderator.
    I assume this applies to forum games also.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

20. - Top - End - #920
    Pixie in the Playground

This is the hang up. It's pretty dubious to say that you are the spy and given complete freedom you choose to kill the only person who couldn't be the Werewolf or JW.
    Actually, it was a pretty sound plan. He had 9 targets, of which 4 are either important power roles or impossible to night kill at this point, and trying to kill them would still give info to the bad guys.

In the meantime, while Ramsus isn't killing us, let's see if we can set up a cipher through the spiritualist to chat with Sotek can get his opinion on all this. We can do freakin' Morse code if we have to, we've got all the time in the world as long as Ramsus is sticking to his story.
    About that...

21. - Top - End - #921
    Mannikath
    Guest in the Playground

I completely overlooked that, didn't I? Oh well. Also, I assume this applies to forum games also.
    What you are talking about would be like PMs. In real life games, dead players aren't allowed to play charades with the living--that's what this rule is about.

I was talking about tactically selecting the function by which they will choose a protect target to provide the Spiritualist with information. An example would be "protect Tydude or Zanshin if Ramsus is the true Spy, protect Fry or ED if they do not have enough information, or anyone else if he known to be lying." Thus the Spiritualist, if alive, would gain significant information.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, we all role revealed at the beginning.

Wait...so...why aren't we lynching anyone? If my theory on the JW and WW both being alive is correct wouldn't that be a bad move? Also...why am I not killing anyone? If I manage to hit the WW and JW we'll find out by us winning. And really I'd like someone to get lynched today just in hopes of getting lucky and getting the JW. I really would prefer not dying afterall.

I of course realize that having town going "yay nightkills" seems bad. I'm not sure what the point in not lynching/night killing would be. Town still wins even if I'm just being paranoid about the JW. And if the DOB is dead (no idea on how likely that is or not) I have to be nightkilling anyway to get rid of the Wolf. Not saying you all have to suddenly trust me this night. I'm fine with not killing anyone tonight if that helps somehow. But at least from my perspective it looks like it would be better for me to be throwing around semi-random death than not doing anything.

23. - Top - End - #923

You know, on hindsight... killing Crunchy may have been a bad idea.

Why?

True, we give the Werewolf a free snack. But that snack was a trap: if he munches the Nun, then we know who he is. Then we know where to aim the DOB when he misses.

Other than that, I have no real comments. That is, take no action until we get more information.

If what Ramsus says is true, though, then I'll expect the Junior Witch, if alive, to join tonight for a sacrifice night.

Spoiler
    Show

Retired Werewolfer

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

Just a question here but....how do the GA know if I'm the spy or not? Only another one of the witches (who would be the "true" spy) would really know that unless the priest managed to scry me before he died. And...I dunno...wouldn't the other witches just lie at this point? Not that I'm saying it's a bad idea to get their input in some way...just that I don't think the dead people have any way of knowing any more than the living do at this point. Heck, I bet Hipen's been claiming Spy the whole time down there or something (no offense Hipen, just a joke).

Also this plan basically involves the Spiritualist outing themselves too. Hmm, well not like that matters, the WW can go eat everyone who revealed at this point and still can't win I suppose.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

ED, you're probably correct. Killing Crunchy probably wasn't a brilliant plan. Then again I didn't think I would be forced into claiming today either. I also expect the JW to come kill me tonight. Thus I suppose it would probably be a bad idea for the Spiritualist to out themselves.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I forgot. Shouldn't still be voting for Zanshin.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Onime-no-Enishi
    Guest in the Playground

okay, been out for some time, and read everything, still need time to digest, will post when i organize my thoughts.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Pixie in the Playground

I don't think we should NOT kill someone tonight, I just didn't have my notes at the time I changed to no vote. We still have 24 hours until the lynch deadline.

If we eliminate Ramsus, then the next most suspicious person, based on voting patterns, is Eternal Drifter. It is not much, but he has not pointed at any known Witches, nor has he been on ANY lynch-wagons- good or bad guys included.

29. - Top - End - #929
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

If byers said Sotek was the priest, why were the witches so gung-ho about killing Murska

30. - Top - End - #930
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
    If byers said Sotek was the priest, why were the witches so gung-ho about killing Murska
    My thought process on this is that either Sotek was the Spiritualist, that's why byers claimed that in thread and Murska scried him...

OR

Murska was the Spiritualist and that's how he knew byers was lying. In this case, Sotek's identity is still a mystery.