New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Freeform Magic (IC-OOC)

"We are in the enchephalon, the mindspace. We are particularly important to the world, thus fate has bound us together. This place appear different to each of us, a reflection of our minds.

As the universe ponders the results of our actions we are sent to wait here."
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2011-01-30 at 08:45 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Old Man Jim looks Barin in the eye and says: "Nation mage, make haste, there is a great storm approaching to purge this island, and I suggest you being the best out of us at rituals get one underway. We have three options to avoid this calamity: preform a ritual of which we know little, and which I have only just found in this book, or to run, or lastly to stay and combat the storm. I would like to hear your opinion since your rituals are likely our best bet. I doubt the shadowmancerr will help us, I'm fairly spent, and the boy may not even know what magic is for all we know."
    Last edited by drack; 2011-01-31 at 02:55 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Barin doesn't seem to respond, in the trance of his magic. He does speak though, and what he says might even be relevant.

"In perfect wisdom is perfect virtue. In perfect power is perfect wisdom. That which is great is so by virtue of its perfect. It is not by virtue of greatness that perfection is attained. That which has power on account of its correctness. That which is correct is so not on account of its power."
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2011-01-31 at 03:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Old Man Jim sees logic in the nation mage's ramblings, but no definite answer to his cause, and as such turns to Baylin. Mage, I must warn you that a great and powerful storm is coming. "I fear that it may be intended as the end of us all, and as such I have decided to open my hallways to you such that you may flee with us. I must request though that you do not cause excessive damage to others within it, and that you be in control of yourself enough that you don't loose yourself within it. Can you promise me that?" Old Man Jim than turns to the lad asking "I'll ask you this once boy for it may mean your life, do you know anything of the workings of magic?"
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

"I've knowledge to a greater or lesser degree with all the magics save Shadow, have managed to respect the spirit world in my studies, my small Rituals are my best controlled and most powerful, I don't stay locked in a tower all day, and I built these Lenses myself...they're telling me that you two are working some sort of Ritual, and a pulling great amounts of Mana...and there's Shadow around, but I can't "see" it very well. What can I do to help?"
    Last edited by UltraFennec; 2011-02-01 at 12:49 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Old Man Jim doesn't respond until the firs par of the island is safely in the sky at which time he tells the lad " here are really two things to do. You could help us defend his rock from the storms, or you could go help our other friend crazy "Mr. dark and creepy tentacle man" He should be by hat burning own that I mentioned before. If i's him than all I ask is get him under control, and bring him here."

Than an echo of his IC orders echo within the telepathy.
    Last edited by drack; 2011-02-01 at 12:00 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

"Well first I'm going to stop that Shadowmancer from leaking demonic essence everywhere...and then I'm going to tell you that the passage I read over your shoulder contained the second Ritual. If we all gather together down near the sea, we might still be able to do it, though I doubt it'll put that Demon back in the ocean."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Old Man Jim grumbles something about having already mentioned the ritual, and about how it's more fun to face whatever the purification is.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

"Leave some piece of the shadowmancer, the head preferably. Destroy the rest."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Old Man Jim continues mumbling, this time about how nobody listens to him when he brings them a new ally.

11. - Top - End - #41

"I'm fairly certain this ShadowMancer would never ally with us, if that's what you're getting at, and the purification you want to see so badly will likely annihilate the city on this island. I'd rather stop it, if I can."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

"You know, I have no object to you killing this thing while I debate philosophy with it.

By definition while it is doing that, it isn't attacking you. Or was this not clear from the fact that I stopped what I was doing to buy you time?"

13. - Top - End - #43

"Er, right. Getting right to that..."

He turned his attention toward the last Mage, the one still attempting to ignore the others...or was he too absorbed in his magics to notice?

"If you made those wards, they're empowering that Demon. A bit counterproductive, I think."

With that, the relative youth dropped back to his own focus.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Old Man Jim buts in": And at the same time they're keeping that storm from blowing you off this rock pup, or worse. I believe there may still be hope for the shadwmancer, but if he crosses me as that other mage did today there will be hel to pay. And when you say that about shadowmancers it begins to take on a whole new meaning."
    Last edited by drack; 2011-02-03 at 02:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

"This does complicate matters. We seem to have been scattered, and this infestation of the walking dead is not beneficial to a healthy social order.

What has become of you and the disagreeable one?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm with some happy people, who appear to love all these nice things that keep happening. As for Mr. grumpy I will kill your prisoner, ramble about a book and spoil your fun... I don't know Also isn't the simple fact that they're walking prove them healthier than if they couldn't?

Old Man Jim slowly walks over to the nation mage and whispers to him "He who made zombies is attempting to turn the whole of this island to his legion." Demons may pay more for the entertainment of a fair, yet futile struggle when the time came to sell.
    Last edited by drack; 2011-02-18 at 07:51 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

"Hope springs eternal, yet their fate is there own. To them I have given the key to salvation if they but reach out and grasp it.

If they succeed or fail it shall be by their own doing. I will not save those who do not wish for salvation. To those who seek to go down to damnation, down to damnation they shall go.

Oddly enough, they seem to think I am a Prime Lord. You two wouldn't have had anything to do with that now would you?"
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2011-02-18 at 09:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Old Man Jim miles "well, I don't know why they would think you to be a prime lord. I told them I was a prime lord" "Regardless I have already begun to fuel the spell, so you may wish to rush their grasping for salvation if ou with for any chance. "

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

"Couldn't you just... I don't know... blow up the crazy zombie lord? You have enough mana to melt the island."
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2011-02-19 at 09:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I can't say I didn't consider it... more than once..., but in truth I'm kind off strung up by the concubine, and it ma help a distant friend, and worst and most important of all, he has my cloak. I like m cloak. I'm sorry, but I need by cloak back, and he refuses to give it back until his conditions are met, so I ended up not melting his face."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

"Couldn't you, being hypothetical, just take it back?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

"Hmm, I maybe could, but than I can't do that 'maybe help out a distant friend part" (yes this refers to the idea of how much some demons would pay for that memory, ant this tends to lean towards that same specialized manna category. ) yes, he thinks of spirits and demon's desires as being as valuable as those of humans, and seeing as the spirits and demons aren't trying to kill him at the moment...

Edit: As Old Man Jim is chatting with the spirit he asks Barin "So, did you ever find out any more about that purifying storm? What happened to your captive? Why aren't you responding? Are you in the middle of something? Is this a bad time? Are you dead? Are you spiritually troubled? Annoyed? I knnooww you couldn't be mad at me. Are you exhausted? Sleeping? Dead? Summoning demons again? Are you fighting a dragon with nothing but a few grains of sand?" Old Man Jim's questions seam endless, and though not all of them are that likely... well why not?
    Last edited by drack; 2011-03-16 at 01:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry, I am meditating on Love, have been for rather a while.

I take it mister blood knives is trying to kill everyone. You wouldn't know anything about that would you? Specific details of the ritual perhaps?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

"I know that he's been writing for a week or two tweaking, and tweaking, and than he refuses to simply do it, insisting that everything must be perfect. Well I'm finally off to my own negotiations. Oh, and I know it will make more not so dead dead people. Slightly repulsive to the scenes, but it gets worse when they attack you and poke you with their spears. And worse yet I still can't fathom how I got caught. Best shape of m life as always and a not quite dead person gets me. Also why are you meditating on love? Have you found anything out about what happened?" Old Man Jim is somewhat indigent until the end with his question.