New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past IC

Kauiak sighs but he doesn't voice any other words but steps through the gate hesitantly.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grik'Nik breathed a quiet sigh of relief when only a little blood was spilled. Shifting his only bag across his back he heads toward the archway looking forward to his first adventure.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Erick goes trough the gate, casting one last glance at the courtyard before stepping completely through. Well then, let us begin.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

You find yourselves... elsewhere:

Exiting the portal leaves you standing a field, a grassy courtyard surrounded by walls. Gravel crunches under your feet. At the other end of the courtyard, there is a pair of massive, barred doors, no other people stand ready. The outpost seems deserted.
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2011-03-22 at 01:43 PM.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Issa steps out and slips off her hood, and takes a deep breath in the sudden solitude.

Nice place. It's good to be out of the city. She lets the horse go, to munch on the grass, before turning to Gareth. Hey. I'm sorry about back in there, but you need to watch yourself. The Inquisition does not mess around. Trust me on this.

6. - Top - End - #96

Gareth opened his eyes as they exited the portal. He had closed them as they had entered the gateway and mumbled a prayer for their safety; happy now that they had not been led into a fiery pit of death and pain however, he could finally open his eyes and breath fresh air. The air was always better outside of the cities, just too bad the peasants refused to bathe as often as he would have preferred them too.

"Yes, the countryside is always refreshing. In small amounts."
    He replied to Issa. "I know I should not have spoken out as, roughly, as I did back there, and thank you for clearing things out. I sometimes let my heart forget my manners. You know the inquisition then? Have you had encounters with them earlier perhaps Miss Issa?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

No, I know them by hearsay. Mostly. She smiles. But then, hearsay's my trade, isn't it? Come on, we should get this over with.

8. - Top - End - #98

"Hearsay eh? I guess that's the way rumours travel." After nodding politely to Issa, Gareth dismounts and lets his horse eat grass with the others. If possible, Gareth jogs across the courtyard and tries to find a way onto the walls so he can get a look of their surroundings and the deserted outpost.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Issa laughs. "Not my kind of hearsay." She flashes her holy symbol. We don't do rumors.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2011-03-22 at 08:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Once the small amount of blood had been spilled to fuel the spell Grik'Nik had thoroughly enjoyed seeing the spell work, stepping through with confidence.

The difference between this courtyard and that of the city they had just left was quite astounding. One never realized how loud cities were till they left. Wiggling his toes to feel the soft grass beneath his feet felt nice.

He watched Gareth scramble along the walls for a way up, knowing the large man would be much more capable of climbing than him he waited patiently for word of their surrounding but in the meantime wracked his brain on who this outpost might once have served.

Knowledge(history) (1d20+4)[14]

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

After emerging from the portal, Erick looked over his companions and, seeing as they take some time to take in their new surroundings, decides to wait for them to decide to depart. They are in no hurry, after all; the dragon's lair is not going anywhere. After Gareth goes to the walls to see if he can climb up, Erick decides to go see if he can open the barred doors.