New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Ones Left Behind IC

Luma sighs, considering the possible options here. On one hand, his chances of being spotted are increased if he is alone. Then again, he is still in a weakened condition, and could use whatever help he can get to further his goals.

Besides, it is a portal network, and would likely be safe to use.

With another brief sigh, Luma follows Sarus through the portal.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarus and Luma
    Spoiler
    Show

There is a second flash of blinding light, and you are standing in a nearly identical room, except there is no teleportation circle on the ground, and Sarus is standing not that far from where Luma teleported in.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Luma looks down at the ground and its distinct lack of a teleportation sigil, then turns to Sarus, his voice utterly deadpan.

"That was a rather foolish choice of option. Now we are potentially lost, and without a method for getting back. I would appreciate it, if that were not to happen again."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Edgar shrugs, inasmuch as a raven has the capacity to shrug. "There have been six that we know about, each a powerful psion or magus. Several have had no living enemies, one in particular took great care to make sure her enemies were far beyond any resurrection spell." He paused, remembering the blackened crystal one of his mistresses companions had kept. She had not been happy about it, binding the souls of their more powerful enemies, but he had assured her that it was the only way to be sure that a powerful cleric hadn't brought them back. In the end she had relented. But then, she had always relented when he was involved. Edgar ruffled his feathers briefly, shaking off the memory.

"Do they have any theories as to who might be behind the murders?"
    Last edited by Grendus; 2011-02-09 at 10:14 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Elio and Edgar
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well, it's fairly simple, isn't it? How many people around here, or anywhere else in the world for that matter, actually have to power to kill someone like that? Jores Ceranrio, Madria Siannare, um...Halgoth Stonekeep, I think, down in Caer Denaan, anyone on the ruling councils of either city...."

"Madria is the creepy elf who makes grafts in the basement, right? And Jores is the guy who binds all the really nasty criminals, I think...hey, what about Kaniketh?"

"The gnome illusionist who lives in the market? Actually, you have a point about that. What about that new wilder who moved in downstairs three weeks ago? Sorian El-something or other."

"Sorian El-Kometra? Could be. He's certainly an antisocial guy. Alikasra Tijuren, as well. The drow who runs the arena down in Caer Denaan, binds demons and sends them against mages for fun? I think that's it."

"Except for Lorallien Halkiir, Headmistress of the Denaan Academy, and Echiran Valreson, the head of this Circle, you have listed all of them, I believe."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

X-0113 (Elio)

Elio’s red gems gleam slightly from right to left,

“…loading…loading… COMPLETE. The following names have been memorized: Jores Ceranrio, Madria Siannare, Halgoth Stonekeep, Sorian El-Kometra, Alikasra Tijuren, Lorallien Halkiir, and Echiran Valreson. We appreciate the information, thank you.
    Suggestion: Sir Raven, we should head back to research these names further
    .”

Spoiler
    Show
    autohypnosis check: (1d20+7)[22] DC 15
    - memorizing names
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2011-02-14 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

When you return to your hiding place behind the bookshelves at the appointed time, you notice that, while your other compatriots have returned, Sarus and Luma, as well as Sarus's animal companion, have not. Andle and Rex have obtained the supplies they set out to get, and those things are laid out on the floor now.

The psicrystals have cleaned up the ground somewhat. The glass shards and most of the dust has been swept into the corner with the skeleton, and the crystals seem to be currently trying, without avail, to remove the stain on the ground.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-02-14 at 02:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex

After pacing back and forth Rex finally leans against the wall standing on his back two legs, the position was slightly uncomfortable, but still far more natural for him given his past."It seems we're missing a few... Do you think our hideout is compromised? No no. We mustn't make any rash decisions. Let's give them a bit more time before we make any conclusions." Letting out a sigh he continues. "We were able to gather the supplies, but unfortunately it yielded no relevant information, the best I overheard was how a mage swore someone stole his spellbook containing powerful spells. This was of course interesting and relevant until he stated it even had magic missile and scorching ray as testament to it's 'magnificence. Did you two have any better luck?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

X-0113 (Elio)

Meeting, code 01291U, commencing after attendance has been confirmed. I, Attendant X-0113 also know by the name Elio, am accounted for. Other available members, please state your names for the record.”

After going through a similar role call as in the previous meeting, Elio notes the lack of two members.

Observation: It would appear we’ve lost two of our members at the moment. Query: Should we engage into the meeting regardless?”
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

To the questions asked: Yes, we did have greater luck in our goal, as we managed to aquire the supplies needed. No, we couldn't find anything of import in our search. No, I believe that if our security were indeed comprimised, we would already be dead. Yes, we should continue with the meeting regardless of their lack.

Finished with the questions, Andle moves the papers onto the desk, keeping them safe from the pen. He also lays out the ink and pens, ready for use.

I will record this meeting so that we have a copy for when the others return. If anyone objects, speak it now.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

X-0113 (Elio)

Objections: none. Relaying memorized information granted through the investigation made on the 8th circle…”

Elio recants the names he memorized from the appentices.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Edgar flutters his wings, scooping up Shiny and depositing him on the table. "It's possible they've been captured, or killed. It's equally possible they just got lost," he says simply. "I would give them the rest of the night, and if they do not return we should see about tracking them down."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Though you do wait, and watch, Sarus and Luma do not return during the night.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Andle suddenly begins shifting around, gathering supplies and getting ready. Bah, he suddenly exclaims, I've grown tired of this waiting. I say we need to make a decision now: do we stay here and let the world forget the crimes perpetuated against our masters, or do we go now to rescue our lost comrades? I will be leaving in 1 minute to rescue our comrades. Any who want to join me are welcome, any who wish to stay behind will be left here. You must make your decision now.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

X-0113 (Elio)

The construct scans over Andle’s emotional response,

Verdict: Allies are gone; decisions must be made before actions can be taken. Opinion: I feel indifferent towards all within this group, and that I apologize for, but we do need forces to carry out our plans with more efficiency. Final Verdict: I will aid Andle is searching for both comrades and continue with the investigation at hand.”

Elio sifts through the names in his head and chooses one that seems the most interesting.

Question: We shall look in on ‘Lorallien Halkiir’ while searching for the others; is that alright by you sir Andle?”
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Andle, heartened by his allies agreement to help, replies: I believe that it would be most agreeable to continue our information gathering on the mission to rescue our friends.
    Last edited by vikingofdoom; 2011-02-28 at 09:29 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

X-0113 (Elio)

Comment: If there are no disagreements, then sir Andle and I will investigate Lorallien Halkiir while searching for the missing members. Suggestion: It might be wise to pair up if any member(s) wishes to leave, search or investigate another suspect. Conclusion: Meeting, code 01291U, will be adjourned till further notice.”

Elio follows alongside Andle as they leave.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Er...Sarus and Luma went up, but Loriallen is on the tier below you. You can't technically go both ways at once, and the direction you choose to investigate first may influence the plot.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Er...Sarus and Luma went up, but Loriallen is on the tier below you. You can't technically go both ways at once, and the direction you choose to investigate first may influence the plot.
    Then who is around that tier? I just choose a name at random...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Halgoth, maybe. They never told you where he was. Alikasra's all the way down at the bottom, and Loriallen's going to be at the Academy below. Otherwise, if you're going up, you've got to go all the way up, to Caer Magharthe.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Halgoth, maybe. They never told you where he was. Alikasra's all the way down at the bottom, and Loriallen's going to be at the Academy below. Otherwise, if you're going up, you've got to go all the way up, to Caer Magharthe.
    Erk... I have no idea where to go...

I was hoping someone would say something but... but... *sob, sob, sob*
    Show