New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 3.5 Core/Newbie Game

Fil

Not missing a beat, the druid nods sagely. In his time as an apprentice alchemist, he had met people like Quelkin; men and women who were more suited to holding conversations with their beakers and potions rather than fellow humanoids.

"The mayor doesn't understand the necessities of risk when it comes to discovery." he offers diplomatically. "If you don't mind, Quelkin the Wizard, we'd like to accompany you to your laboratory to talk about Nalthazzar. I understand if you need us to wear blindfolds or remain outside. I'd hate for us to see something you hadn't meant to reveal."

Fil had seen that as well; researchers became nervous when their projects were visible to the 'wrong eyes'. Hopefully, Fil's companions would be willing to oblige if Quelkin was concerned about secrecy. With an unusual personality such as this, it was often better to adapt to their oddities rather than force information out of them.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Trying to remain inconspicuous, Isup nudges Tiberius and whispers something to him.

Tiberius:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, at least we shouldn't have any problem checking out his first claim. You paladins can tell whether someone is evil, can you not?"

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Lord Loss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When extricating himself from the bushes, did Quelkin pick up the pile (of books?) behind him, or did he leave it lying there?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Isup:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That is true. Let me see...." Tiberius expands his consiousness, listening for the tell-tale whispers of evil. "Hopefully, Quelkin is telling the truth. I just hate it when people try to decieve others."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Evrard is suspicious too, but something tells him he could trust this man, even if he looks peculiar.

The possibility of being blindfolded doesn't please him, especially in such a dangerous situation, however, he will be support his group.

Tiberius, Isup:
    Spoiler
    Show

I do not want to interrupt the discussion between Fil and Quelkin, but I think we should be prepared for the worst, even if we trust this guy, we do not know what kind of ambush we can expect inside. Stay sharp
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 2011-03-08 at 02:14 AM.
    Slender Man avatar by Strawberries. Thank you, my love.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Tiberius
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quelkin appears to be nonevil

Ffoh
    Spoiler
    Show
    he left the pile of books where it was

Quelkin nods, then frowns. My laboratory will be quite difficult to acces, unfortunatley. The only way to get in is through the mansion, and Nalthazzar and his band of soldiers have that under control. Unless... No, that wouldn't work... Quelkin frowns, then says I'm not sure this would work... in fact, odds are it wouldn't... but you two gnomes seem small enough to fit into the windows of my laboratory. Going in there would be dangerous, but if you want to, I could lead you there. Or you could try to go in through the mansion.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Isup seems a little startled at being addressed by the wizard.

"Er, is there something important you want us to do in the laboratory? I'm not quite sure why you want to smuggle us in there?"

He pauses, wondering if Quelkin can be trusted, and casts a questioning glance at Tiberius. Then he continues:

"Perhaps you should tell us more about Nalthazzar - who is he, and why did he invade your mansion?"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

"Indeed. It would be unwise to place ourselves in danger without knowing why we do so, especially for a person we have just met. Some more information on exactly who this Nalthazzar is would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps you could also shed some light on the recent blast that seems to have come from this general direction?" Tiberius, while seeing Quelkin did not give off any obvious evil, was still slightly mistrustful of the wizard. After all, had a blast that harmed and possibly killed many innocents not just recently come from the hillside where his home was situated? Even if that was not his intention, surely someone capable of developing something that could cause such a blast would realize keeping near a city could not end well. And if that was his intention, well, Tiberius did not like that idea.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Evrard agrees with Isup and Tiberius, “I think we should have more information before splitting us in two groups. By the way, is it true that you unleashed an owlbear upon the town many years ago? "
    Slender Man avatar by Strawberries. Thank you, my love.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

As I mentioned before, there's a great many dangerous experiments and creatures in my laboratory, if I don't go back there the whole town could easily get ahnillated!

As Quelkin says this, his eyes grow wide with worry and he starts to mumble to himself and hyperventilate.
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-03-12 at 08:52 AM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Listen : (1d20+3)[18]

OOC: No, none of us said anything about most of the town being destroyed, nor did we give him any other indication of the extent of the destruction. This means (unless this is an unintentional slip-up by Lord Loss?) that he is hiding something from us - he was already fully aware of the extent of the destruction before we arrived on the scene but is pretending to only become aware of it now.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Erm, slip-up on my part. I swear I read that somewhere...

Really sorry guys, I corrected the error.
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-03-12 at 08:53 AM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"To be honest, large parts of the town have already been annihilated - that's why we came here to investigate. But if things can get even worse, I suppose we need to act."

Isup shows no signs of moving towards the house, though.

"We'll need to know who we're dealing with - please tell us about Nalthazzar."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: As said in the OOC thread, I'm not going to be posting for a short while, as I've had a fever for the last while. It's climbed to 102, so I'm taking a break from posting...
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show