New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Scarlet Liturgy (IC)

As the combat continues Miiri frowns now that the majority of it is difficult to see. With a sigh she then concentrates on what she is hearing, trying to get a fix on the source of the new sound. Ready to fling another salvo of missiles.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So listen check then casting magic missile, heres hoping. Also if I still have enough actions (I presume I get a reactionary listen or spot check) I'd like to stand as well.
    listen
    (1d20+3)[13]
    perform (dc 21)
    (1d20+13)[29]
    In case check fails
    (1d100)[74]
    missile damage
    (2d4+2)[7]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Miiri's keen senses allow her to pinpoint the beast that attacked Alfred. She finds sure footing at the top of the stairs and is able to remain within key despite the cacophony of sound from the storm. Her missiles fly true, and strike hard. Alfred can see them striking the back of the beast, but sadly they do not distract the monster from his current prey, the Halfling before him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    *Sariel 21, Ox 19
    Mob 18
    Juno 16, Alfred 15
    #Capitan 11, Miiri 9

#Line that just posted
    *Line that is expected to post next

Explanation of the Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

The way this will work is that those on the same line will be expected to post before those on the next line. For example, Sariel and Ox will post in whatever order they manage (in this case Ox's actions were already described in this IC post). When they both have posted, the Mob will post. Then when the Mob has posted, Juno and Alfred, in whatever order, will post. Once Juno and Alfred have posted, then the Captain and Miiri will be expected to post. When they've posted it goes back to Sariel and Ox. And the cycle continues. This allows for the awkwardness of PbP posting while at the same time keeping the initiative important to the flow of battle. If it needs an adjustment to be more streamlined, I'll find a way to fix it. Also there will be a mark as to which line just posted and which line is expected to post next so that things are extra clear.

Sariel
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can see the beast that is attacking Alfred.

Miiri
    Spoiler
    Show
    You were able to locate the foe and your magic missiles struck true.

Juno
    Spoiler
    Show
    You foe died without your help, sorry.

Alfred
    Spoiler
    Show
    The beast was struck right before your eyes, but sadly it is still focused on you.

Everyone (Some new stuff)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The terrible beast standing over Alfred has cover from the mast in regards to Miiri. He gets +4 to AC from ranged attacks and +2 to Reflex saves from attacks from you, unless you move. If you want to target him with Magic Missile, you need to make a listen check DC 13 or a Spot check DC 16 to figure out what square he is in. Magic Missile never misses, but you have to know where the foe is. You can try both, you're not limited to one choice or the other.

Balance checks to move about have been reduced to DC 10 due to quick action on the part of the Captain.

Climb Checks are still DC 10.

Everyone can see the people marked ???, Captain, Ox, and Claudia due to the Bright and Shadowy illumination provided by the Sunrod in Juno's possession. Mirri has cover from the Mast between N-4 and N-5. This gives her +4 to AC from ranged attacks and +2 to Reflex saves originating from the other side of said mast.

The odd diamond shaped brown things are Ballista, but they are only designed to shoot in a 180 degree arc that faces away from the ship. This means you cannot use them against onboard invaders, but neither can they use them against you. Win/lose I suppose. You can pass through the squares that the ballista are in without penalty. They provide low cover if you duck behind them or they are positioned between you and your foe. A ballista bolt may be used as a battering ram in a pinch.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Sariel decides that whatever is threatening Alfred is likely a greater threat than the half-dead fellow before him, and blinks.
    In a flash, he's several feet closer to the beast, and, taking his jolly good time, he waltzes over to it and unceremoniously stabs it in the back while it's busy with the little person.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Activate Anklet of Translocation+5 foot step to move to I3.
    Attack roll:(1d20+10)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+9)[13]
    Sneak attack:(2d6)[7]
    Intimidating Strike:(1d20+14)[26]
    I'm keeping track of the bloodloss, by the way.
    WOW. AN 11. WHAT A BOUNTY.
    I'm totally serious, I'm ecstatic that I'll actually probably hit it now.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-03-22 at 09:48 PM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Now that really does it. Wet, unbalanced, whatever paint she's put into her hair and face washing out, and worst of all she's not actually killing anything, Juno reaches the logical conclusion any barbarian would come to and goes into a rage. Flat out enraged, she undergoes a startling metamorphosis with her muscles bulging and her eyes filming over red. That fellow near Alfred is all she really zones in on in her focused vision, throwing herself against rain and wind to get near him and give him what for.

Spoiler
    Show
    Balance check: (1d20+8)[24]

Attack: (1d20+10)[17]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[8]
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2011-03-25 at 12:31 AM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."