New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: AU New Felon: Frozen Wasteland

"Good both of you watch, give us a warning if you see anything out there. I am going to look at this gem as well."

Elowin looks at the gem in Hordjurs hands.

OOC: I forgot, is appraise only usable if it has a rank?
    Last edited by ShadowySilence; 2011-03-07 at 06:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

See ya when I see ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Critic View Post
    This isn't jumping the shark. This is jumping the shark, coming back, shooting it in the balls, raping it, eating it's flesh, consuming it's soul, mounting it's head on the wall, and doing the same thing to twelve other sharks just to be safe.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Closed Account

Hordjur examines the crystal, trying to determine anything unusual about it. He also mutters a prayer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling both appraise and knowledge religion, since you never know what turns up in mythology. Also casting detect evil on the crystal.

Knowledge Religion: (1d20+6)[17]
    Appraise: (1d20+2)[3]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Appraise does not have the "Trained Only" tag, so I think it's fine to go ahead and roll for it.

While Hordjur can't make any specific claims as to value or use of the crystal, upon closer inspection it has the noted oddity of looking a lot like a chunk of wood that has somehow been transformed into a crystal, including annual rings the likes of which you'd find on a tree. Totems and fetishes carved from it by the local shamans, the Wolf People possibly included, are a common sight in tribal settlements and usually associated with age, health or even immortality, more so since they tend to be very old. Even the frost giants who once built Fort Felon have left behind lots of jewelry and ceremonial items made out of it, so it has apparently been a staple of local religious activity for a very long time.

The lump itself does not check out as evil, but it bears a sort of "taint", implying that it has been used in one way or another to at least questionable ends, or otherwise involved with sinister dealings - and repeatedly so, over an extended period of time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Question: Who of you are currently looking out of the cave?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Closed Account

Hordjur relays the information to his companions, and proceeds to check where his companions are before looking back into the depths of the cave. He then turns back toward Gil

"Here is the crystal back Gil, may I examine the ear?" he asks, handing the crystal back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hordjur is.
    Last edited by Rob Roy; 2011-03-07 at 10:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Marlock gazes out into the icy wastes, eyes peeled for danger.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

7. - Top - End - #67

Maura glances into the looming maw of the cave.

All I can say is that I'm damn glad I'm staying out here with you, Gil.
    This isn't jumping the shark. This is jumping the shark, coming back, shooting it in the balls, raping it, eating it's flesh, consuming it's soul, mounting it's head on the wall, and doing the same thing to twelve other sharks just to be safe.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Closed Account

Hordjur, who is, for the record, standing ijust inside the cave, near Gil, heres Maura's comment and says "You know, it's safer in here than it is out there. All you'll find out there is frostbite and monsters, and all that's in here is some monsters, and thats the cynical guess. You can kill the monsters, but can you kill frostbite?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

With enough time, tools, and preparation you can kill anything. In this case I'm thinking we should have brought warmer clothes and fire source.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Closed Account

"The crystal I was looking at used to be made out of wood. Does anyone have a stone to flesh spell? It could be useful kindling. O the subject, do we have any warm clothes or blankets. At this rate we'll freeze to death before we get to decide who eats who first" Hordjur said "And I have to spread the Holy Word of Orth to the savages native to these lands before we die. Or at least I should, now that we're stuck here with no way home". Hordjur scanned the cave, then muttered to himself "I'm going to die here with these heathens, aren't I?"
    Last edited by Rob Roy; 2011-03-07 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typo

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Gil couldn't help but have a goofy looking smile upon hearing Hordjur's mutterings before returning his attention at standing watch looking into the icy winds and all around hostile environment.

"Well Miss Maura....it's all really about good company." He said in response as he continued to look outward at the frozen wasteland.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen(1d20)[19]
    Spot(1d20)[19]
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-03-08 at 11:18 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72

"Don't worry Hordjur, even if we do die here at least we have each other!"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Closed Account

"True, true" Hordjur mumbles. He then grabs the ear and scans the part of his memory dedicated to weird heathen beliefs before saying the following prayer. "Oh Saint Orth, the ever Holy, the Scourge of Goblinkind, in your all knowing grace, please grant me the power to see if the vile remains of this poor soul are tainted with horrible stench of evil! Amen." Grabbing the knife, he repeats the prayer, word for word, only louder. "I do apologize for rudely taking these things from you, but rest assured you'll have them back in a second" he says to Gil.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge religion on the ear and knife, as well as detect evil on both.
    Comments in italics
    Ear check: [roll]1d20+6[/roll]
    Knife Check: (1d20+6)[7] Ouch, critical failure!
    Last edited by Rob Roy; 2011-03-08 at 09:40 PM. Reason: typo

14. - Top - End - #74
    Closed Account

Spoiler
    Show
    Ear Check: (1d20+6)[9]

15. - Top - End - #75

Well that may be true Gil, but don't get any funny ideas or you'll have as much life in you as the ice.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Anyone else notice that he hasn't bothered to keep us out of the "vile heathen" category?
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

"It's fine Sir Hordjur," Gil said as he really didn't mind. Upon hearing Maura say something about 'funny business' he furrowed his brows in confusion but than just shrugged. Perhaps she meant something like chucking a snowball at her, who knows.

18. - Top - End - #78

Elowin pulls a part of a loaf of bread out and starts munching silently on it with small bites trying to savor what may be his last meal for a very long time, or ever.
    Last edited by ShadowySilence; 2011-03-09 at 12:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurejones View Post
    Anyone else notice that he hasn't bothered to keep us out of the "vile heathen" category?
    Now, Sir Marlock, I never said vile. The only heathens that are vile are creatures made of evil, such as goblins. The Church even recognizes some virtuous heathens, and there are many non-Orthites in the Gnomish lands. Such as worshipors of Garl Glittergold or even St. Cuthbert among the human minority. Now then, I believe Elowin has the right idea. We don't know when or if will eat again, so we should eat every night as if it were our last. Though we should still conserve food" the gnome said while looking around for any mushrooms or other questionably edible food on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20+3)[11]

20. - Top - End - #80

Elowin looks around at everyone and asks "What should be our first plan of business to get out of this mess? I mean this cave is nice and all but I really don't want to live here for the rest of my life."